Black Canary (Arrow) vs Ra's Al Ghul (Movie)

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Navajaz
  • Round 1: Standard gear. No sonic device.
  • Round 2: Just hand to hand.
  • Battle takes place in Abandoned Place.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2 frozen  Moderator

Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul would trash CW's Black Canary.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@frozen said:

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

She took on Oliver and Diggle at the same time in a sparring match using staffs. Recently Maseo flat out stated that Canary is a true warrior and Oliver couldn't have killed her.

Ra's actually has more feats, ironically, but by simple power scaling he can't be in her league. Arrowverse > Nolanverse.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

She took on Oliver and Diggle at the same time in a sparring match using staffs. Recently Maseo flat out stated that Canary is a true warrior and Oliver couldn't have killed her.

Ra's actually has more feats, ironically, but by simple power scaling he can't be in her league. Arrowverse > Nolanverse.

A sparring match.Oliver who wasn't trying and Diggle who'd get his ass destroyed by Ra's.

Oliver >>> Sara

Ra's >> Sara

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Sparring is not indicative of a real fight. She got trashed by Al-Owal, resorted to booby traps against the LOA and struggled with another one despite having backup. Maseo's statement was most likely, within context, paying respect to Sara.

Oliver ''couldn't'' have killed her but Thea actually being revealed to have killed her....speaks for itself, under the same circumstances, if Thea could kill her then Oliver could have killed Sara so that statement is hyperbole.

That's some ABC logic, sure, top-tier Arrow characters exceed Nolanverse but to lump them all into one bracket is wrong.

Simply put, CW Black Canary was a disappointment when it comes to feats. Perhaps Laurel will be better someday.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liam's Ra's was not impressive skill wise. Sara takes both rounds.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@frozen said:

A sparring match.Oliver who wasn't trying and Diggle who'd get his ass destroyed by Ra's.

Oliver >>> Sara

Ra's >> Sara

But was Oliver trying anymore than Sara was? The funny thing is, just giving the Arrow a good workout is a better feat than barely beating an inexperienced Baleman, adding Diggle in at the same time, who displayed WAY more skilled than anybody in the Nolanverse during his fight with Ravager alone, just adds to things.

You really think Ra's would last in a sparring match against Arrow and Diggle simultaneously?

@frozen said:

@nickzambuto: Sparring is not indicative of a real fight. She got trashed by Al-Owal, resorted to booby traps against the LOA and struggled with another one despite having backup. Maseo's statement was most likely, within context, paying respect to Sara.

Oliver ''couldn't'' have killed her but Thea actually being revealed to have killed her....speaks for itself, under the same circumstances, if Thea could kill her then Oliver could have killed Sara so that statement is hyperbole.

That's some ABC logic, sure, top-tier Arrow characters exceed Nolanverse but to lump them all into one bracket is wrong.

Simply put, CW Black Canary was a disappointment when it comes to feats. Perhaps Laurel will be better someday.

So what she got trashed by Al-Owal? Are you saying Al-Owal wouldn't trash everyone in the Nolanverse too? The assassins in Arrow are unbelievably elite, even a nameless cannon fodder was doing flips around Detective Lance's gunfire from point blank range. That said don't forget the assassin Sara easily disarmed and murdered in the span of three seconds before Al-Owal showed up, so clearly she's above the cannon fodder assassins and it takes someone of Al-Owal's caliber to beat her. Maseo's statement wasn't just paying respect to Sara, if you'll remember the scene it was just him and Oliver alone, and Oliver being unable to kill Sara was his clue that Oliver was lying when he said he's the one who did it.

What are Ra's feats anyway? He only had two fights and they were both against the same guy, an inexperienced Batman. You yourself have said that Batman in TDK would beat Ra's al Ghul, so what exactly makes Ra's so great?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: So more power scaling is what you're doing to justify the Nolanverse being that much below.Diggle didn't do jack against Ravager.She's barely noticeable because of the Mirakuru.Without that and she'd be ranked ridiculously below the Nolanverse seeing how she got hilariously owned by Oliver

In a sparring match?Of course he can because Diggle is fodder and Oliver isn't going 100%.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: The assassins in Arrow were aim-dodging bullets, so what? An old and pathetic Batman did that. She beat a nameless fodder Ninja and I think it becomes a dangerous argument to build her case around just that because it's not very indicative of anything besides basic level. I brought up Canary struggling to illustrate a comparison between your sparring example and an actual fight, in an actual fight, she was clearly Arrow's inferior.

Again, how is the statement not hyperbole if Thea killed Sara? If Thea killed Sara under specific circumstances, why can Oliver not do the same under those same circumstances? Are you implying that Thea is more capable than Oliver? (which we know isn't true).

Ra's beat Batman, hard. Batman by the point he fought Ra's had pretty good and clear-cut feats, and he was most likely at his fastest in Batman Begins. Batman in that film:

Now on the topic of Arrowverse, sure Arrow would stomp Nolan Batman. But why must we assume everyone in Arrow is > a Nolan character when that character has no feats to make up for it?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Canary fighting Arrow and Diggle at the same time is power scaling? Diggle is canon fodder? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: The fact that you believe that because she sparred with Oliver and Diggle,someone who is ridiculously unimpressive to characters like Oliver and Bruce,she's automatically above the Nolanverse.

How Diggle isn't worth talking about in a fight as he'd get beat like a common thug because he's completely unimpressive.You're just seriously overrating the Arrowverse since you just started getting into it more or less

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'm not basing my whole argument around Canary beating the one ninja, I was just reminding you that she did that after you said she struggled with one of them. Batman aim dodging just like the ninja did doesn't really help your argument since that would just put Batman on the level of cannon fodder in Arrow, who Canary easily killed.

I'm not just assuming and power scaling, there's evidence that points to Canary being just as good as Oliver (the sparring match, Maseo's statement, the fact that they were partners and easily kept up with each other in the field) whereas Ra's al Ghul in the Nolanverse doesn't have ANY feats to say he's in the same league as someone like Oliver.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Even if you think Diggle is ridiculously I impressive compared to Oliver... That doesn't matter because Oliver himself was in the sparring match too. So what's your point?

Besides, like I said, Diggle showed way more skill in his fight with Ravager (a superhuman with training on top) than anyone in the Nolanverse ever did. And what exactly does my personal life of being an Arrow fan have to do with this? Why did you even bring that up?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto:

1. The point was exaggerated to a degree because she simply does not have much else to go on. Feat-wise, she is actually lacking. I brought up the fact that an old and tired Batman aim-dodged bullets to illustrate that the Ninjas did not do anything solely exclusive to the Arrowverse.

2. There may not be evidence to suggest that Ra's is at Oliver's level, not something I really disputed, but there is alsonothing to suggest that CW Canary is anywhere near Ollie either based on feats. A sparring match does put Canary on Ollie's pedestal if we know for a fact that she looked comparatively worse against the LOA fodder than Ollie did, therefore we can see a clear contrast in sparring and an actual fight.

Do I believe that the Arrowverse on a general level if above the Nolanverse? Yes. But am I arguing that every Arrow character can beat every Nolan character? No.

CW Canary is sorely lacking in feats and whenever she is hyped up by statements, the actual show reveal/fight scenes go against what is said.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I respect your stance, but I guess I'll have to simply agree to disagree.

Peace out.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: ...I've said my point already...

...so because Ravager had superhuman stats and Diggle didn't do anything worth noticing to her,he's automatically above the Nolanverse characters?

Because you started saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm done here...

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Canary both rounds. She was more impressive.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ra's.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@nickzambuto: I respect your stance, but I guess I'll have to simply agree to disagree.

Peace out.

I was about to reply, but fair enough.

@nickzambuto: ...I've said my point already...

...so because Ravager had superhuman stats and Diggle didn't do anything worth noticing to her,he's automatically above the Nolanverse characters?

Because you started saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm done here...

Yes to everything.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Batman >>>>Sara

Loading Video...

Ra's > Batman more or less

Therefor Ra's > Batman >>>> Sara

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Liam's Ra's was not impressive skill wise. Sara takes both rounds.

Yup.

@reaverlation: Canary fighting Arrow and Diggle at the same time is power scaling? Diggle is canon fodder? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Yup.

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@navajaz:

@frozen said:

I don't think Sara is as impressive as I thought before. Now that I go over some things in my mind. I think Ra wins. The Thea BS and her not being able to react to some Arrows really down grades her. Also she got thrown out of a window by Huntress. She can flap her gums to the cows come home about how she was supposedly "holding back". BS, you got thrown out of a damn window. Holding back? Against a chick you were already bloodlusting for? Same chick you were ready to kill? GTFO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sara wins both. H2H-wise, she may as well be better than Oliver. Not to mention that with weapons, she was stalemating the Ravager and was stomping Mirakuyu guys one after another.