• 103 results
#1 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Who wins and why.

#2 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (29532 posts) - - Show Bio

BB pops Doomsday's head open like a grape.

#3 Posted by KR1$UPR3M3 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"BB pops Doomsday's head open like a grape."
#4 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt.

#5 Posted by Crimson Dominion (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt, because a whisper of his Quasi-Sonic Scream can stun the Hulk.

#6 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know what happens if he screams? I mean there was that thing in an early exiles but I doubt thats canon.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Black Bolt can win is if he screams, because he can't really fight Doomsday close up. If BB uses the scream, he has to risk using it full force instead of using a whisper. A whisper only stunned the Hulk, so a full scream could do some damage. Might even kill Doomsday. If it's only a whisper, it may not put Doomsday down for a good, and he'll just become immune to the attack the next time it's used.

I'll give it to Black Bolt. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to fight Doomsday in close-quarters.

Ace High says:

Does anyone know what happens if he screams?

I know it has something to do with electrons becoming unstable or something... I really don't know.
Post Edited:2008-06-03 20:23:30

#8 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

BB would take him out but Sups beat on him at his hardest so alittle noise wont make ol' Doomsy stay down thats for damn sure.

#9 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give it to Doomsday because Black Bolt would use the whisper then Doomsday would come back from the dead with earmuffs and catch Black Bolt similar to the way World War Hulk got him, minus the earmuffs.

#10 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Harlekin says:

"I would give it to Doomsday because Black Bolt would use the whisper then Doomsday would come back from the dead with earmuffs and catch Black Bolt similar to the way World War Hulk got him, minus the earmuffs."

how did WWH get him? The writers chose to have it off panel, since there is no way in hell that WWH could ever get black bolt logically.

#11 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

the human Juggernaut says:

"Harlekin says:
"I would give it to Doomsday because Black Bolt would use the whisper then Doomsday would come back from the dead with earmuffs and catch Black Bolt similar to the way World War Hulk got him, minus the earmuffs."

how did WWH get him? The writers chose to have it off panel, since there is no way in hell that WWH could ever get black bolt logically."

WWHulk on the moon with Black Bolt. Black Bolt whispers. Dust covers everyone. Hulks comes out of the dust tells Black Bolt he wants to hear him scream. Than its implied that Hulk beat him to a pulp. Why would we need to see Black Bolt get punch repeatedly when we can just show what he looks like after the fight.

#12 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Harlekin says:

"the human Juggernaut says:
"Harlekin says:

how did WWH get him? The writers chose to have it off panel, since there is no way in hell that WWH could ever get black bolt logically."

WWHulk on the moon with Black Bolt. Black Bolt whispers. Dust covers everyone. Hulks comes out of the dust tells Black Bolt he wants to hear him scream. Than its implied that Hulk beat him to a pulp. Why would we need to see Black Bolt get punch repeatedly when we can just show what he looks like after the fight."

because logically a scream from BB would blow WWH into pieces.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

"Harlekin says:
"Harlekin says:
WWHulk on the moon with Black Bolt. Black Bolt whispers. Dust covers everyone. Hulks comes out of the dust tells Black Bolt he wants to hear him scream. Than its implied that Hulk beat him to a pulp. Why would we need to see Black Bolt get punch repeatedly when we can just show what he looks like after the fight."
because logically a scream from BB would blow WWH into pieces. "

He should have screamed.

#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

A scream or yell could get rid of planet. In close combat blackbolt can throw that super punch. It has the force of some who who lifts about 400 tons I believe. But it takes a hell of alot of a him and he like only used it once. BB would win for the first few weeks cause I'm guessing thats how long it take whats his name to come back but next time he won't get so lucky

#15 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Harlekin says:
"Harlekin says:

He should have screamed."

I know. He didn't because the one above them all decided that he wanted to sell a "World War Hulk" mini series.

#16 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

"zee crusher says:
"Harlekin says:
"Harlekin says:
He should have screamed."
I know. He didn't because the one above them all decided that he wanted to sell a "World War Hulk" mini series. "

I kno.

#17 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never sell a Marvel comic unless it stared Rocket Raccoon and showed the hot tension between him in a space otter.

If you count him having to take time to regenerate as a loss I have no problem with that because that just the way things are around hear. I was just saying I think he would win after the regeneration.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all do know that Black Bolt was a Skrull, right?

#19 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Y'all do know that Black Bolt was a Skrull, right?"

yea, he still had the same powers though.

#20 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

"yea, he still had the same powers though."

Same powers, but not the same power level... The Skrull version was weaker, IMO. I don't think WWH would have survived a full scream from the real Black Bolt.

#21 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"yea, he still had the same powers though."

Same powers, but not the same power level... The Skrull version was weaker, IMO. I don't think WWH would have survived a full scream from the real Black Bolt."

you saw what the skrull did when he whispered. If he had screamed the hulk would have been torn apart.

#22 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a quote on BB's 'vocal power' from the OHOTMU,

"The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt’s quasi-sonic scream. Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords – from the merest whisper to a full scream – triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field. This result in a shock wave equivalent, at maximum force, to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. A whisper has generated sufficient force to rock a battleship, while a scream can reduce a mountain to rubble."

As Superman can survive nukes and Doomsday is on par with him for durability, I would say that BB's scream if as powerful as a nuke would not stop Doomsday.

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

"you saw what the skrull did when he whispered. If he had screamed the hulk would have been torn apart."

When the real Black Bolt whispered against The Hulk in their first encounter, the Hulk was knocked out completely. Why is it that when the Skrull version whispers, in doesn't phase the Hulk?

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Here's a quote on BB's 'vocal power' from the OHOTMU,"The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt’s quasi-sonic scream. Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords – from the merest whisper to a full scream – triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field. This result in a shock wave equivalent, at maximum force, to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. A whisper has generated sufficient force to rock a battleship, while a scream can reduce a mountain to rubble."As Superman can survive nukes and Doomsday is on par with him for durability, I would say that BB's scream if as powerful as a nuke would not stop Doomsday."

Interesting. Well, then. Doomsday would just become immune to the attack if it won't kill him. I'm changing my vote to Doomsday.

#25 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"The_Creator says:
"Here's a quote on BB's 'vocal power' from the OHOTMU, "The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt’s quasi-sonic scream. Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords – from the merest whisper to a full scream – triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field. This result in a shock wave equivalent, at maximum force, to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. A whisper has generated sufficient force to rock a battleship, while a scream can reduce a mountain to rubble." As Superman can survive nukes and Doomsday is on par with him for durability, I would say that BB's scream if as powerful as a nuke would not stop Doomsday. "
Interesting. Well, then. Doomsday would just become immune to the attack if it won't kill him. I'm changing my vote to Doomsday."

No, Doomsday becomes immune to the things that kill him.

In this case I don't see BB's shout being powerful eneough to do more than stun Doomsday for a short period at best.

Could some of the other powers that Black Bolt possesses be effrectively - maybe but we don't know what Doomsday is actually immune to because we don't know what was used to kill him in the past except Supermans strength and Radiants plasma energy explosion (that destroyed a large chunk of a continent (and so in itself was more powerful than a nuke).

#26 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"you saw what the skrull did when he whispered. If he had screamed the hulk would have been torn apart."

When the real Black Bolt whispered against The Hulk in their first encounter, the Hulk was knocked out completely. Why is it that when the Skrull version whispers, in doesn't phase the Hulk?

"

One reason is that some writers don't always follows previous things, and another is, Black Bolt was basically one of a kind, and the Skrull versions are just rip-offs of the original, and honestly prolly not as adept or a powerful as the original form of the person. So I wouldn't expect the powers to be as powerful, unless it's a lame easy to rip-off power like elasticity.
Post Edited:2008-06-04 02:42:23

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"One reason is that some writers don't always follows previous things, and another is, Black Bolt was basically one of a kind, and the Skrull versions are just rip-offs of the original, and honestly prolly not as adept or a powerful as the original form of the person. So I wouldn't expect the powers to be as powerful, unless it's a lame easy to rip-off power like elasticity.

That's the point I was trying to get across earlier.

#28 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I remember in another universe BB scream was enough to crack celestial armor. That seems to be alot stronger then reducing a mountain to rubble. Although doomsday can probably survive this.

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"No, Doomsday becomes immune to the things that kill him.In this case I don't see BB's shout being powerful eneough to do more than stun Doomsday for a short period at best."

Doomsday possess an adaptive resistance ability. He doesn't have to be killed. He can develop a resistance to whatever hurts him (like the time, he developed blocks in his auditory canals to protect him from a sound gun Superman once had). If the scream does stun him, it won't work a second time...
Post Edited:2008-06-04 02:55:32

#30 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"The_Creator says:
"No, Doomsday becomes immune to the things that kill him. In this case I don't see BB's shout being powerful eneough to do more than stun Doomsday for a short period at best."
Doomsday possess an adaptive resistance ability. He doesn't have to be killed. He can develop a resistance to whatever hurts him (like the time, he developed blocks in his auditory canals to protect him from a sound gun Superman once had. If the scream does stun him, it won't work a second time..."

Chances are it knock him a hell of along way back though lol. Unless he adapt an gains some weight.

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

There was another instance when Waverider paralyzed Doomsday with chronal energy. The second time he used it on him caused the attack to backlash on Waverider himself.

#32 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Static Shock says:
"The_Creator says:
"No, Doomsday becomes immune to the things that kill him. In this case I don't see BB's shout being powerful eneough to do more than stun Doomsday for a short period at best."
Doomsday possess an adaptive resistance ability. He doesn't have to be killed. He can develop a resistance to whatever hurts him (like the time, he developed blocks in his auditory canals to protect him from a sound gun Superman once had. If the scream does stun him, it won't work a second time..."
Interesting. Most of his big adaptions have only been made with his death and regeneration. His basic history was geared to him becoming stronger and immune to anything that killed him. Is this the only instance of his developing an immunity and living ? "

Nope. When MM came to him and attacked him he gained the ability to breath fire. Apparently while fighting the group he gained speed cause of flash because I think it was booster gold who remarked him moving even faster then flash. Doomsday built the plates over his head because of supermans heat vision. He's basically like a weak version of fury.

#33 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"The_Creator says:

Interesting. Most of his big adaptions have only been made with his death and regeneration. His basic history was geared to him becoming stronger and immune to anything that killed him.

Is this the only instance of his developing an immunity and living ?

#34 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"There was another instance when Waverider paralyzed Doomsday with chronal energy. The second time he used it on him caused the attack to backlash on Waverider himself."

Thanks for the update Static.

#35 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't a whisper wiped out apocalypse?

#36 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"didn't a whisper wiped out apocalypse?"

Not sure whether it was a whisper but it surely messed him up.

#37 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

i found a scan actually

#38 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't even look like a whisper lol. Blackbolt is strong though. I'd feel bad if he ever fought klaw.

#39 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Doesn't even look like a whisper lol."

neither was it a yell

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"i found a scan actually"

That was House of M. Alternate universe.

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Thanks for the update Static."

You're welcome.

#42 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt would destroy him if he's willing to use his super scream...

#43 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the main reason Skrull Blackbolt didn't use his full scream is cause he was standing on the moon and it would have been a bit silly destroying something so vital to a planet your just about to hopefully take over. Plus I think comparing it to a nuke is similar to saying that Marvel heroes are on 100ton level which we all know is not the case is and done more for shock value more than anything else so people go OMG A NUKE?!? and actually giving it a base in reality. His whisper has been shown to destroy cities before and start tremors across continents. Until they actually show him screaming in a canon comic I don't think we can assume exactly how powerful it is.
Post Edited:2008-06-04 06:38:03

#44 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt Blackbolts power essentially turn a person into a bomb. By forcing Doomsday's electrons to explosively collide with eachother he is combusting the dude isnide and out. If the Sentry is cautious [a guy that both S.H.I.E.L.D and Tony Stark couldnt find a physicall weakness to exploit] then his power must be much more than 'just' a nuke.

#45 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Doesnt Blackbolts power essentially turn a person into a bomb. By forcing Doomsday's electrons to explosively collide with eachother he is combusting the dude isnide and out. If the Sentry is cautious [a guy that both S.H.I.E.L.D and Tony Stark couldnt find a physicall weakness to exploit] then his power must be much more than 'just' a nuke."

It is.

#46 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

From Black Bolt's history.As he defeated the Spinx ,Marvel describes Black Bolt as having "Neutron power"as one of the most powerful forces in the universe as he blasted Spinx into void of space.He physically handle and being the stood up against Galactus and beat him soundly without using his voice/quasi-sonic powers.

#47 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Doomsday die if enough of him is dispersed/atomised? Couldnt Blackbolt potentially kill him for good?

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Can Doomsday die if enough of him is dispersed/atomised? Couldnt Blackbolt potentially kill him for good?"

I don't think the quasi-sonic scream is that powerful.

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Ball Buster says:

"From Black Bolt's history.As he defeated the Spinx ,Marvel describes Black Bolt as having "Neutron power"as one of the most powerful forces in the universe as he blasted Spinx into void of space.He physically handle and being the stood up against Galactus and beat him soundly without using his voice/quasi-sonic powers."

You have any evidence of this?
Post Edited:2008-06-04 12:12:44

#50 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Ball Buster says:

"From Black Bolt's history.As he defeated the Spinx ,Marvel describes Black Bolt as having "Neutron power"as one of the most powerful forces in the universe as he blasted Spinx into void of space.He physically handle and being the stood up against Galactus and beat him soundly without using his voice/quasi-sonic powers."

Reed Richards describes Black Bolt Quasi-sonic power to the Ultimate Nullifier.