New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Morals on: Captain Cold

Morals off: Black Bolt

Location doesn't really effect anything to be honest.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MAZAHS117
DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DemonKnights

Captained can't breathe in space can he

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BB destroys the planet...

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black bolt all day

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible Mismatch

Black Bolt is planetary level, CC is street level. I dont even know if the cold would work on BB. Anyways morals dont matter to much, BB would kill if Snart tried to kill him. Doesnt he just need to break his ears? Or just ragdoll him with a scream? He has cosmic awareness and would know Snarts threat and deal with it.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Black Bolt stomps.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends who gets a shot off first.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Black Bolt being planetary. He's not even in Superman's class

Bolt wins btw

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even despite the cold field?

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironshinobi88: No he isn't. I discussed this already in the BB vs Green Lantern thread already.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart turns him into an icicle

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I change my vote for Cold.Absolute zero ftw

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Hyperlight

BB

Avatar image for deactivated-62433ff119047
deactivated-62433ff119047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The starting distance between the combatants is significant.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Captain Cold all day, erry day.

Absolute Zero field stops the attacks from BB getting through to Cold, Cold then stops Bolt in his tracks with his blaster.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62433ff119047
deactivated-62433ff119047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Great~ I'll go with this:

@New_World_Order said:

Morals on: Captain Cold

Morals off: Black Bolt

Location doesn't really effect anything to be honest.

Because of the absolute zero and cold field powers.

Morals off, BB simply shatters the part of the planet Captain Cold is standing upon.

The CLoG

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jacthripper

@reaverlation: Planetary, as in he can destroy one, or when amped can tear a hole in reality. Hes not superman level, but he is definetely way above Snart.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not familiar with Captain Cold. How does his cold field work ? If it is only really, really cold even reaching absolute zero, it would have no effect on Black Bolt's scream. Black Bolt's scream is an electron beam, it should work just fine even at extremely low temperatures.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All those people saying Blackbolt would lose to Captain Cold in character..... just wow. There is nothing Cold can do even if you disguise him as a puppy dog.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's to stop Black bolt from just disabling Cold's gear? Would the cold field prevent that?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CheeseSticks

Wow, people are so ignorant on BB. He would stomp Captain Cold. Absolute zero? BB has an electron antenna for matter manipulation. Ice or absolute zero wouldn't do anything. He could change CC forcefield into chocolate if he want to.

One whisper and Captain Cold is desintegrated.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tohoma

@leito said:

Not familiar with Captain Cold. How does his cold field work ? If it is only really, really cold even reaching absolute zero, it would have no effect on Black Bolt's scream. Black Bolt's scream is an electron beam, it should work just fine even at extremely low temperatures.

How? Absolute zero, by definition is that temperature where particles stop their motion completely.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

How? Absolute zero, by definition is that temperature where particles stop their motion completely.

And, by definition (even though it is impossible to reach in real life), is impossible to last more than a planck moment. The moment you have absolute zero, it disappears because surrounding energy is forced to invade it.

If you want to use physics, don't be so convenient and use it well.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol at Black Bolt being planetary. He's not even in Superman's class

Bolt wins btw

Can we please have a CaV about Superman vs BB, because you are so wrong.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

And, by definition (even though it is impossible to reach in real life), is impossible to last more than a planck moment. The moment you have absolute zero, it disappears because surrounding energy is forced to invade it.

True but Cold's temps always slow down the Flash so why would it not work on his screams?

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By leito

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

Temperature is a macroscopic quantity, there is no such thing as the temperature of a single particle. An electron cannot be at absolute zero, it does not mean anything.

Light, electron or proton beams can propagate just fine no matter what the temperature of the medium is.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thanofleeze

@leito: You reminded me of this.

Loading Video...

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma: Its different here, flash is moving fast, Black Bolt is causing a force. For example, if you have and absolute zero wall like CC and i threw something at it it would just go through, but if i tried to walk through i would freeze. It doesnt rob flash of his actual speed, it just forces him to slow down. Anyways it shouldnt work because there is no mass in sound, and it would cancel the Absolute Zero.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma: Its different here, flash is moving fast, Black Bolt is causing a force. For example, if you have and absolute zero wall like CC and i threw something at it it would just go through, but if i tried to walk through i would freeze. It doesnt rob flash of his actual speed, it just forces him to slow down. Anyways it shouldnt work because there is no mass in sound, and it would cancel the Absolute Zero.

does that mean a bullet would go through...

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: it should, but i dont know if physics works like that in the comics

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanofleeze: Science has spoken. Black Bolt wins. Can't argue with the facts.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sy8000  Online

Cold fairly easily. BB can't get past the cold field or avoid/survive cold blasts.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Ok, so you have 2 things going on there.

1) The cold atmosphere in itself will be draining the bullet's temperature, but not it's kinetic energy. So it is irrelevant to the speed of the bullet.

2) The cold air in the atmosphere is a different story. Air (nitrogen, oxygen, etc.) can freeze at extreme temperatures. The frozen air would definitely slow the bullet down (eventually stop it, depending on its original speed, the distance of the shot, and also the range of the "cold field". However, I've never seen the actual air freeze in the comics.

I hope a real physicist can come and clarify things.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

Only problem here is that Cold's beam DOES stop electron movements,it has been stated on panel,surrounding energy on the other hand has never stopped it.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By leito

@thanofleeze said:

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

Only problem here is that Cold's beam DOES stop electron movements,it has been stated on panel,surrounding energy on the other hand has never stopped it.

Fair enough. That is what I wanted to know when I wrote "if it is only really, really cold...".

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jack_

So what's the general consensus? Black Bolt or Captain Cold?

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still THINK bB

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_ said:

So what's the general consensus? Black Bolt or Captain Cold?

There is no consensus so far. But nobody has yet countered the argument that Black Bolt can just disable Cold's gear with matter/energy manipulation.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolt doesn't know of the Cold Field; if he attacks the same moment that Cold attacks then Cold will win.

Black Bolt wouldn't look at this thug in a parka and thing he's some sort of high level threat; I doubt that matter manipulation is going to be his first attempt for an attacks; unless that's what he does in character.

Cold wins the draw due to this; thus Cold wins both encounters.

BB's shout isn't getting through the Cold Field as all the particles are robbed of their energy the moment they try to pass through.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Coming from a Flash fan... of course...

I'll put it nicely. Blackbolt is in a whole other league than Cappy. One is a planetary level character who goes face to face with gods like Thor and similar level counterparts, and the other guy is a gimmicky human street level villain whose ONLY purpose in life is to defeat ONE man.

Blackbolt does not mess around, and probably wouldn't be walking around Cold in the first place (especially on the moon). He'd be thinking about tearing the place up already. His reaction speed are way to much for any version of Cap to "cold-blitz" him.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolt doesn't know of the Cold Field; if he attacks the same moment that Cold attacks then Cold will win.

Wouldn't that be included in basic knowledge?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Coming from a Flash fan... of course...

I'll put it nicely. Blackbolt is in a whole other league than Cappy. One is a planetary level character who goes face to face with gods like Thor and similar level counterparts, and the other guy is a gimmicky human street level villain whose ONLY purpose in life is to defeat ONE man.

Blackbolt does not mess around, and probably wouldn't be walking around Cold in the first place (especially on the moon). He'd be thinking about tearing the place up already. His reaction speed are way to much for any version of Cap to "cold-blitz" him.

Cool; personally attack the fact that I'm a Flash fan, doesn't mean I like his rogues.

Cold isn't Street Level; try and use him in any street level tournament and you'll get denied.

I'm not claiming that BB is going to be messing around; I'm claiming that for a morals on hero his first reaction when he sees a man in a silly parka outfit is probably to get up close and personal; as you stated Snart looks like a gimmicky human street level character. Since he goes against God like characters why would he have any problems KO-ing him with a single punch?

Thus BB get's close; Cold Field is there to mess him up.

Cold had pretty solid reaction time for a human; especially since he goes against Flash on a regular basis. BB Speed is nowhere close to Flashes speed IIRC, BB should get stopped in his tracks if he goes for the close encounter.

If he tries to shout from a distance then the Cold Field is going to stop the shout in it's tracks; once again protecting Cold. This would allow Cold to fire back and win the 'draw' as BB would get completely frozen over & then shattered into several pieces.

If BB goes for the Matter Manipulation right off the bat against Cold then I think he'd win pretty easily; you destroy the tech you destroy the villain. It's just a matter of him doing that while in character as a first resort.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sy8000  Online

Cool; personally attack the fact that I'm a Flash fan, doesn't mean I like his rogues.

Cold isn't Street Level; try and use him in any street level tournament and you'll get denied.

IndiecomicsFTW seems to think cold is street level even though I've tried to explain many times that he isn't. Some people will never respect the rouges.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XiiX

No Caption Provided
@thanofleeze said:

@tohoma said:

@leito said:

No Caption Provided

The cardinal difference is that that's how absolute-zero is defined in the DC canon(at least as far as Cold utilizes it). It's like pointing out how nonsensical getting bitten by a radioactive spider and being granted super-powers is. In the "actuality" we're talking about here, it does, and and absolute-zero is sustainable for extended periods of time. That's just the way it is(and yes, the cold-field is sometimes invisible. So it would suck to be Black Bolt if he tried to throw a punch).