Black Bolt vs. Bishop/Dazzler/Energizer/Electro

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbull

Here's the deal. Black Bolt is standing in the middle of an empty desert.  Bishop, Dazzler, Energizer, and Electro are all standing 50 feet from him.  All of them are braced and ready to try and absorb Black Bolt's voice energy. They all have the ability to absorb vasts amount of energy, the kinds produced by BB's voice.

There's two rounds. The first round, Black Bolt simply says "Hello". Can the team absorb the impact of this? They don't have to absorb EVERYTHING, meaning they're not trying to prevent damage to the desert around them. They merely need to absorb all the energy that hits them collectively.

The second round, Black Bolt screams. Can they handle this?

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By redbull

I feel like they can handle round one. Round two, not sure.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By charlieboy

dazzler has absorbed bb's scream by herself on more than one occaison in the dazzler series. she can do it by herself.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By redbull

God damn.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By redbull

Well Black Bolt's scream isn't just sonic energy, it produces a number of energy signatures, so the idea here was that hopefully everyone here could soak up a bit of it

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By charlieboy

the first time dazzler did it.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
"
No Caption Provided
the first time dazzler did it. "
I don't understand how Dazzler can absorb his scream. Black Bolt's scream is electron particles colliding with matter and destroying them. I don't know if Dazzler is enhanced in that scan or if Black Bolt did something. But I don't think it should be possible.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:
she did it in dazzler 32 as well. and dazzler was at normal power. you know how science in comic books is... never makes sense.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
" @-Observer-: she did it in dazzler 32 as well. and dazzler was at normal power. you know how science in comic books is... never makes sense. "
True, it may be that the writer is asinine. I'm trying to point out that the writer took extreme creative courtesy to give Dazzler a feat. Both being instances of bad writing. I say extreme because it goes against Black Bolt's entire powerset. Now I would have no problem if Dazzler absorbed the sound of the destruction that Black Bolt's scream cause, however she absorbed it directly.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:
i am not sure if it was the same writer both times. but i will check it out.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
" @-Observer-: i am not sure if it was the same writer both times. but i will check it out. "
You do that. However if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't use this as her main feat. It has too much, I want to say biaseness perhaps, from the writers point of view. The entire feat is to be held under tight criticism. 
If at all possible can you post the second time she did this?
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

black bolt's power has very little to do with sound him talking is basically a trigger mechanism

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By charlieboy

it was two different writers. fingeroth and carlin. i don't have the scan for the second time. but this is the cover to it. black bolt amped dazzler so she could defeat blackout and moonstone who were on attilan. i see your point. but every time he has used his scream around dazzler it has just made her more powerful. i agree that the science does not make sense.

-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
"
it was two different writers. fingeroth and carlin. i don't have the scan for the second time. but this is the cover to it. black bolt amped dazzler so she could defeat blackout and moonstone who were on attilan. i see your point. but every time he has used his scream around dazzler it has just made her more powerful. i agree that the science does not make sense.
No Caption Provided
"
I am glad we agree. I have nothing against Dazzler by the way. However as I said in my previous post, I wouldn't use those feats. Even if they are written by two different writers, the second writer may have just use the first writers lack of knowledge to fill in the pages of the book.Thinking by replicating the feat it would have been accepted.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:
well even if the science does not make sense it is still canon. and i read the definition of his scream on two sites. it is called quasi sonic which i assume why dazzler is able to absorb it. there is a sound component to it. i mean she can absorb klaw who is made of hard sound. she absorbed his entire being.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
" @-Observer-: well even if the science does not make sense it is still canon. and i read the definition of his scream on two sites. it is called quasi sonic which i assume why dazzler is able to absorb it. there is a sound component to it. i mean she can absorb klaw who is made of hard sound. she absorbed his entire being. "

Yes, I know it is still canon. However Black Bolt's power doesn't back it up. As you see here, Black Bolt's powers work beause they interact with electrons and that is why destruction occurs when he speaks.
No Caption Provided

Thanks to Son Of Storm for the scan.
 Thanks to Son Of Storm for the scan.
As you see here the writer directly contradicts his power by stating that the vibrations produced by his vocal cords are what causing the damage and what she is absorbing. So I'm inclined to believe Marvel rather the word of a single writer who didn't know how a characters power works.

Klaw is pure sound so I see no fault with her being able to absorb him, but you have to admit, Black Bolt and Klaw have to very different powers.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:

if we counted on science to be right in comics. nobody would ever be able to do anything. at best if you want to go with science. dazzler would negate black bolt's power because she would be absorbing his voice and creating silence.  meaning he never makes a sound. which is the trigger for it.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:

" if we counted on science to be right in comics. nobody would ever be able to do anything. at best if you want to go with science. dazzler would negate black bolt's power because she would be absorbing his voice and creating silence.  meaning he never makes a sound. "

Dazzler can't absorb his voice. It isn't what makes the sound, the interaction of the electron particles are what his powers are from. Dazzler has absolutely no control over electrons. I believe that any competent writer would make Dazzler flee along with any other smart character when Black Bolt speaks. I firmly believe that if any writer who knows what they are doing were to put Dazzler in that position again. Dazzler would die. And yes I know Dazzler can resurrect herself.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By charlieboy

@-Observer-:
him using his voice is what sets off the devastating attack. and dazzler can certainly absorb his voice which would negate hsi attack if you wanna go by the science of it. and i don't know why we are debating. because whether the science makes sense or not. dazzler has absorbed his scream on more than one occaison. and all it did was make her more powerful. if we relied on science to make sense in comics then people would not fly or run at superspeed or all the other things they do.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Baddamdog

Urch, Dazzler absorbing his scream is ridiculous, Black Bolt's voice is so powerful that once he whispered and he destroyed half of Attilan 0_0  
I doubt Ali could of absorbed that, I put it down to bad writing, I mean that series was barely cannon!

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By redbull

Even if Dazzler could only absorb 50% of his scream (in theory), you still have Bishop + Energizer + Electro who can absorb MASSIVE amounts of energy forms.

-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
"

@-Observer-:
him using his voice is what sets off the devastating attack. and dazzler can certainly absorb his voice which would negate hsi attack if you wanna go by the science of it. and i don't know why we are debating. because whether the science makes sense or not. dazzler has absorbed his scream on more than one occaison. and all it did was make her more powerful. if we relied on science to make sense in comics then people would not fly or run at superspeed or all the other things they do.

"
Did you read his bio? "any attempt to use his vocal cords triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of particle election interaction field." Now Dazzler has no control over his vocal cords because they vibrate. Now unlike normal people Black Bolt's power causes the disturbance. Dazzler can't absorb electrons that's the way it is. Now the foolish writers took the liberty of saying that his vocal cords are what shatter objects and are the source of his powers, it isn't.
Believe me I know that science isn't always going to fit in with comics. But I'm not going off science, I'm going off of what Marvel says. However you seem to be taking the word of an incompetent writers who boosted Dazzler up.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By charlieboy

dazzler has unlimited absorbing potential. galactus filled her up with enough sound once where she was cosmic level and beat terrax. she can and has absorbed his scream on two occaisons. and it is canon. just because a person does not agree with it does not invalidate it.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:  we can agree to disagree. lol if it just happened one time i could agree with you. but it happened twice. so until dazzler proves unable to do it a third time then i will still go with that she can.
-Observer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By -Observer-
@charlieboy said:
" dazzler has unlimited absorbing potential. galactus filled her up with enough sound once where she was cosmic level and beat terrax. she can and has absorbed his scream on two occaisons. and it is canon. just because a person does not agree with it does not invalidate it. "
Yes, I read about that. But still she absorbed the SOUND of galaxies exploding or something or that nature. Here she seems to be able to absorbed electrons. I may be new here but I thought common sense prevailed over what happened.
@charlieboy said:
" @-Observer-:  we can agree to disagree. lol if it just happened one time i could agree with you. but it happened twice. so until dazzler proves unable to do it a third time then i will still go with that she can. "

Fine. But know this, if we ever are in the same debate on opposite sides(or the same) and you bring this up I will criticize it. Storm has hurt Silver Surfer twice. Is it canon,yes, should it be possible, no.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By karrob

Dazzler

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By charlieboy
@-Observer-:
that is fine yoiu can crticize all you want. i welcome you opinion. i just happen to disagree with it.
sexy beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sexy beast

Black Bolt wins. Wipes them all out in more ways than one.

Dr Doomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dr Doomsday

Dazzler solos