User Lists: 43

Lori Zechlin, AKA Black Alice

No Caption Provided

vs.

Al Simmons, AKA Spawn

No Caption Provided

---------------------

- 1 hour prep

- For this battle, for some silly PIS reasons, Lori cannot directly steal Al's powers.

- In character

- (I'm not a Spawn buff so I'm not sure which version to use, try to use good judgment and make it a close/fair fight, no GodSpawn or whatever).

- Black Alice has access to the DC and Marvel universes to steal powers from.

-----------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd still take Black Alice, with the various abilities she already stolen and the more she can during her prep time, I don't see her losing

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@joygirl: what exactly can Black Alice do?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

No idea who Black Alice is. Sounds like she's a bit like Rogue. If this is the case, she can probably handle first metamorphosis Spawn, but I don't know about second. He was immensely powerful, not just physically but magically and even psychically.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@granitesoldier: @betatesthighlander1: She steals magical powers, and can do so from afar, instantly, and also stack them, with no seen upper limit. So we're looking at Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Dr. Strange, Blackheart, Ghost Rider, etc.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: wouldn't that give her essentially infinite powers?

so maybe Divine spawn would eb a match, but she could probably copy MoM

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Borderline infinite yes, but she has to control them, and the more powerful/complex they are the less control she has.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@joygirl: I can't stop staring at her underwear...

Can we just say "Ends in sex"

????

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@joygirl said:

@fallschirmjager: Nawww I think that'd be statutory rape. >.>

well shit...

ruin all the fun with laws why don't you!

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@granitesoldier: @betatesthighlander1: She steals magical powers, and can do so from afar, instantly, and also stack them, with no seen upper limit. So we're looking at Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Dr. Strange, Blackheart, Ghost Rider, etc.

Well if this is the case with one hour prep she could still be limited to the powers she can get. I'm assuming she can't just think "I want juggernaut's strength and invulnerability with Dr. Strange's magic!" and she just has them. She must be somewhere within their local area or line of sight, no? Assuming she needs to be nearby it depends on where her character lives cannonly and who are the heroes in that known area in Marvel and DC are. Then it would be the matter of if the collection of powers in that region are enough to overcome Spawn, who is one of the most powerful comic characters ever created (not saying THE most before the flaming starts, but if you've read Spawn he is definitely one of the most).

So if she has access to EVERYONEs powers in Marvel and DC, then yes she'll win.

If she must do it based on where she cannonly lives and how far she can get in an hour, then there's debate to be had.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joygirl

@joygirl said:

Well if this is the case with one hour prep she could still be limited to the powers she can get. I'm assuming she can't just think "I want juggernaut's strength and invulnerability with Dr. Strange's magic!" and she just has them. She must be somewhere within their local area or line of sight, no? Assuming she needs to be nearby it depends on where her character lives cannonly and who are the heroes in that known area in Marvel and DC are. Then it would be the matter of if the collection of powers in that region are enough to overcome Spawn, who is one of the most powerful comic characters ever created (not saying THE most before the flaming starts, but if you've read Spawn he is definitely one of the most).

If she must do it based on where she cannonly lives and how far she can get in an hour, then there's debate to be had.

Nope she pretty much does exactly that. But she has limitations:

- The more powerful, or more complex, a character's powers are, the harder it is for her to use and control them.

- If she isn't sure who she wants to drain from it takes time/ceremonies to figure out who they are and how their stuff works.

- Using more than one at a time makes controlling it that much harder

She may not know of Juggernaut unless she specifically needs a beefbrick powerset, in which case she can LOOK for it. More likely she'll go with someone she knows, like Black Adam or Etrigan or Spectre or Alan Scott. She also has a bad habit of switching up powersets. :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

So, if she knows of them, and their powers, she just sits there thinker style and they come to her? For how long does she need to focus? If she wants Black Adam's powers is it like 20 minutes of meditation? There's so many variables haha.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Black Alice can teleport, she can visit many magical based characters within an hour, also it's not limited to magic she was also able to take Lobo's strength.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: The meditation comes when she is trying to actually find a power source. If she knows who she's going for she takes it instantaneously and she is pretty well-versed in DC's magicians, having insta-assimilated Etrigan, WW, Zatanna, Misfit, Black Adam, Jeanette, and plenty of others.

It's like this....

No Caption Provided

(She doesn't have to touch you though, this is just to show that it is instant assimilation.)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

So, if she knows of them, and their powers, she just sits there thinker style and they come to her? For how long does she need to focus? If she wants Black Adam's powers is it like 20 minutes of meditation? There's so many variables haha.

It only takes her some seconds to lock on a charcters power and take it

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Possibly less considering that she drained WW before Cheetah reacted.

Then again, SIMONE. So.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@granitesoldier said:

@joygirl said:

Black Alice can teleport, she can visit many magical based characters within an hour, also it's not limited to magic she was also able to take Lobo's strength.

I was assuming she wasn't limited to magical, which is why I mentioned Juggernaut's strength. I'm just trying to see what limitation, if any, there is to her power-stealing. Such as how long a power-steal takes.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@granitesoldier said:

@joygirl said:

It IS limited to magic. Reign in Hell wildly misused her.

- She didn't absorb the character's outfits, which she always does

- She had the touch them to make it work

- She drained Lobo

So no, RiH does not work for Black Alice, it is a big pile of crap.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Juggernaut IS magical. :P She could drain him if she knows of him.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@joygirl:

Well, if she pretty much knows everyone in DC, and their powers stack, Al has his hands full. His best bet is his telepathy, but he has also shown reality warping abilities pre-Divine Spawn. These are not abilities he has used often, but he has used them in dire straights. He also cut down Urizen, a Dark God by amping his physical attributes to insane levels. He cut the things leg off in a single blow.

Still, if Alice can gather what is essentially EVERY known DC hero and villain's powers instantaneously, then Spawn may not stand a chance at winning this. If she is "in character" as the OP states, how likely is she to gather EVERYONES powers though? If that was "in character", then why would she change her power sets so often, as you said earlier. I'm thinking she'd only go with one or two powerhouses powers since the OP also doesn't state she knows who Spawn is, and since he is from a different universe it's entirely possible she doesn't pick powers up strong enough to hurt him. She seems a teenage kid judging from the pics, so I am guessing she is not a "tactical and strategic genius", but that term is so overused in comics I wouldn't be surprised, so in character the likelihood of her taking as many powers as possible in that hour seems low.

This would be better if you just gave a list of common powers she takes haha.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

OK HULK THEN! Lol you missed the point of me picking Juggernaut there. So she can ONLY take magical beings powers?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joygirl

@granitesoldier: In character she'll never take EVERYONE's. We've only ever seen her take two at once so who knows if she can take more.

List of people she's drained that come to mind!:

• - Etrigan
  • - Dr. Fate
  • - Blue Devil
  • - Zatanna
  • - Wonder Woman
  • - Black Adam (so any Marvel family member)
  • - Jeanette
  • - Misfit
  • - Dr. Occult (but couldn't use his powers well)
  • - Giganta
  • - Alan Scott
  • - Spectre
  • - Phantom Stranger

Edit: And yes, she can steal magical powers, that is her power. :D No-go on Hulk. Similarly she could not take, say, Storm's powers. But could take Ghost Rider's.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: She must be since Alice took her abilities. It's safe to say she could drain Cheetah as well (who she has pegged, they met in BoP and Alice was all "*sniff sniff* Heeeeyyyyyyy you got magic").

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

OK, so lets assume the two most powerful on there, granting also the most rounded powerset:

I'm thinking Spectre (don't know much about him, but isn't he like damn near god-status?) and Black Adam (giving her super strength/speed/flight/magic/you know the drill).

Does this sound about right? At least as a starting option.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Yeah in DC it's Presence (God) > Spectre > Everyone else. So yeah, if she took say, Spectre and Phantom Stranger (or Black Adam) simultaneously she'd have borderline-infinite power (until she went insane and it consumed her which would probably take about 3 minutes).

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Alice is hot

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

My knee jerk reaction is to say Alice. After thinking about it though, Spawn is one of those characters that doesn't appear all that powerful but he is. I don't know how she'd beat him but I think she could. I'll go with a 50/50 split for now.

@joygirl said:

@dondave: She must be since Alice took her abilities. It's safe to say she could drain Cheetah as well (who she has pegged, they met in BoP and Alice was all "*sniff sniff* Heeeeyyyyyyy you got magic").

She's taken Faust and Cheetah at the same time so yes.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Joygirl

@pokeysteve: When did that happen? I've tried to scour all of her appearances and even read the pile of dogsh** that was Reign in Hell. And I've never seen that.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@joygirl:

Well, against Spawn she'd have to know to full-bore him immediately. Enough of a beating and he's sent back to hell. If he's taking a beating though (like Urizen) Spawn can up his durability to insane levels. He can draw his magic then from Leetha, and bring up defensive spells to protect himself until he figures out who the hell this girl is and what he can do against her. His ace in the hole would be his telepathy, because he only used reality warping once (that I remember) pre-Divine Spawn. So, assuming in character, that would be a very last resort for him.

It becomes a question of can Spawn survive three minutes with an infinite being before said infinite being self-destructs? I think he can, because he's tangled with gods and such and come out on top before, but he is going to be seriously hurting.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joygirl

@granitesoldier: Or, could he spend several more minutes with a near-infinite (say, just Spectre, or Adam/Zatanna or some such) being that won't self-destruct? Hard to tell. ^________^ Gotta run for right now though, be back in a few.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Alice

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@pokeysteve: When did that happen? I've tried to scour all of her appearances and even read the pile of dogsh** that was Reign in Hell. And I've never seen that.

The issue right after Faust, Cheetah and Talia go to Lori's house. She sends them all away and follows them. Then she takes Faust's and Cheetah's powers and teleports them out of the city. She doesn't use Cheetah's abilities but they illustrate the spots on her. I can get a scan if you need it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

Well, then it comes down to is Spectre more powerful than God and Satan in image? In the Spawnverse it was: Mother of All Things > God/Satan (Malebolgia and the hells lords) > everyone else. Spawn took down God and Satan before being granted Divine Spawn powers by the Mother. So that would realistically put Spawn on par with Spectre, following the logic.

But like you said, it is hard to tell. Honestly, if she can manage Spectre's powers, the victory could go to who makes the mistake first. In that case I give Al the win, he's a decorated Marine Corps veteran and Spec Ops soldier, who is very familiar and comfortable with his own powers. Alice is a teen, and likely even if comfortable with Spectre's powers, not full adept at them. What I mean by that is, she may not be able, or willing or capable or what have you, of using Spectre's powers to their fullest immediately without makes a mistake. Combat against two evenly matched opponents, or if it is a weaker opponent versing a stronger one, can be entirely decided by one mistake. Spawn has the experience, and capability, of capitalizing on it.

Now, in the interest of fairness, they are both in character. I have not touched upon the LIKELIHOOD of Al going full-bore on a 17 year old girl. I don't find it very likely, despite his rather remorseless nature in battle. She would need to show she's a serious threat before Spawn would start going after her hard, and even then I don't know if he'd go at a kid hard enough to kill her. Which is where I think the telepathy might come in, he could try and put her down without seriously hurting her. But I imagine Spectre has some sort of telepathy resistance.

I almost must go, I may or may not be back later I don't know. Interesting fight though!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: I know I've read that but must have forgotten. Would love a scan just to convince myself I'm not going nuts. @granitesoldier: Then yeah, it seems Divine Spawn = Spectre approximately. So this comes down to a matter of Spawn's greater experience/training, yet the possibility of him holding back; and Lori's greater flexibility (the power to gain more powersets) and ruthlessness, yet her inexperience and lack of control. Because even if Spawn is holding back, an in-character Black Alice is bloodlusted most of the time, she is a VERY angry young woman with a lot of rage in her heart.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Strider1992

@joygirl: Would Black Alice's powers work on Spawn? His powers are linked to the necroplasm counter granted to him by Hell so his powers don't actually come from him but his connection to hell and his suit. Spawn himself is essentially powerless hence the reason he had no abilties when Nyx stole his hell-symbiote.

What i'm basically asking is would Alice's ability to steal powers work on someone like Venom? Because thats essentially how Spawn's powers work. He himself is powerless its the symbiote that gives him his abilities (granted this does depend on the version of Spawn we are using).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joygirl

@strider92: I'm not sure. That's why I specified that she can't steal from him so as to avoid a discussion of whether or not his abilities are able to be stolen.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Ah fair enough. I missed that.

• Age 1 Spawn: Good Fight. Could go either way
  • Age 2 Spawn: Spawn probably stomps due to time stop
  • Age 3 Spawn: Well he was depowered so Alice stomps
  • Age 4 Spawn: Spawn was stronger than age 2 so by all acounts should stomp
  • God Spawn: Nuff Said
  • Age 1 Spawn (Jim Downing): Good fight due to Jim's inexperience
  • Current Spawn (Jim Downing): Jim stomps he's stupidly OPed now he can control his abilities
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@joygirl:

So back to this. I pretty much concur with

@joygirl: Ah fair enough. I missed that.

• Age 1 Spawn: Good Fight. Could go either way
  • Age 2 Spawn: Spawn probably stomps due to time stop
  • Age 3 Spawn: Well he was depowered so Alice stomps
  • Age 4 Spawn: Spawn was stronger than age 2 so by all acounts should stomp
  • God Spawn: Nuff Said
  • Age 1 Spawn (Jim Downing): Good fight due to Jim's inexperience
  • Current Spawn (Jim Downing): Jim stomps he's stupidly OPed now he can control his abilities

^this, but I think Age 1 I'd lean more towards Alice, mostly because how Spawn still didn't even know the depth of his powers. So being in character, he wouldn't know his full potential (and Leetha's full potential). This is a very interesting fight though, I give it two thumbs up!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaximumGeyser5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If hes Divine he takes this, besides only heavenly weapons can Kill him like a sword from God or Something

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Just out of interest when you refer to Age 1 are you refering to Age 1 Downing or Simmons? or both?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Simmons I haven't read any of the Downing stuff. Not saying for sure Alice would win but if she is familiar and comfortable with those powers Al was, for the most part, not. Sorry for the lack of better posting I'm at work on my phone which I shouldn't be doing haha.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Alice should win.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers