Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Static Shock

@Billy Batson said:

@Static Shock:

Unless you like events and Morrison, of course.
BB

I was tired of all of the Crisis events. -_-

Infinite Crisis should have been enough.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#152  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane:

Why did you even like it in the first place? Such a big plot hole.
BB

I liked it because Batman shot Darkseid, and I thought that was cool, but then I realized to my horror that Batman shot Darkseid, so.....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#153  Edited By TDK_1997

@Static Shock said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Static Shock:

Unless you like events and Morrison, of course.
BB

I was tired of all of the Crisis events. -_-

Infinite Crisis should have been enough.

Final Crisis was set to be the last crisis and it had potential but it fade in the last few issues.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#154  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane:

Why did you even like it in the first place? Such a big plot hole.
BB

I liked it because Batman shot Darkseid, and I thought that was cool, but then I realized to my horror that Batman shot Darkseid, so.....

Ha, LOL.
BB

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#155  Edited By Lvenger

@CitizenBane said:

@Static Shock: I remember them fighting in Final Crisis #3 (that was Dark Mary). Diana had the upper hand until she was infected by Darkseid's Anti-Life virus and turned into one of the Furies. Not sure what was PIS about it.

Yes that's the fight I was thinking of @Static Shock: Now that I look back at it, it wasn't PIS at all. In fact it was a pretty conclusive fight seeing as Wonder Woman had Mary on the ropes even though Mary had been enhanced beyond her usual power level. It was just that Mary infected WW with the Morticoccous bacteria to make Diana into one of the Fury's so there wasn't a conclusion to the fight that would have had Diana winning. But plot is more important I guess. As far as Final Crisis goes, it was good at times and had potential but wasn't Morrison's finest writing if I'm honest as the plot got very complicated at times so I barely knew what was going on.

EDIT: I'll tell what was PIS about Dark Mary though. Manhandling Kyle Rayner during Countdown who has far more experience and arguably is more powerful than Mary. Or at least has more feats to back it up.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Static Shock

@Lvenger: Thanks for your input.

As for Mary handling Kyle, I don't know what to make of that. I'll ask you this, though. How well does Kyle fare against other Superman-type characters (besides Major Force)?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Lvenger

@Static Shock: No problem it's what I do. Countdown was a terrible series anyway so the fact Mary Marvel managed to knock Kyle around (who didn't actually fight like he normally does or utilise his ring to its full potential) didn't really surprise me, just annoy me. As for how Kyle fares against Superman level characters, that is a good question. As far as I can recall, Kyle hasn't had many encounters with Superman level characters but I'll see if I can find anything on that front.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

I wouldn't say that Teth is physically superior to Diana at all, I haven't seen feats of strength from him to put him over her (maybe they are out there somewhere). Same with speed but durability is iffy because of who he fights........wait.......wonder woman fought the same people (she just didn't do as well, but had better results), okay I say that she wins based on what I've seen so far, unless this is the strongest version of Black Adam and not the strongest version of Wonder Woman.

Both at their best would mean WW3 Black Adam vs Wonder Woman with all her gear, which means Diana stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Black Adam!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Black ADam.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By TAneT62

WW is clever, more clever than adam, she knows how to turn strenth into a weakness, she by far outclasses adam in the combat department, she has a faster reaction speed then superman aswell - since shes been trained how to deal with threats like this it would be a very long fight until a winner is decalred, so dont underestimate WW, because alot of people do....

@Lvenger: Yea wateva, "you" hardly calling that a fight between Diana and CM just shows you dont want to admit she has a chance, and with the name calling get over it, i dont tolerate ignorant fools either, as you clearly underestimate Diana.

so PERIOD Diana has a chance of winning.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#163  Edited By Saren

@TAneT62: She does not have faster reaction speed than Superman. Batman saying so doesn't make it true, especially since he has no comprehension of what superhuman reaction speed is like.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Lvenger

@TAneT62: It wasn't a decent fight and was never resolved as they were teleported away before they could finish the fight. Diana was holding her own I admit and was prepared to fight to the death as was Billy who was brainwashed but a clear winner was never resolved. Having said that, BA is more ruthless than Diana and will not hesitate to use lethal force against her. If he can shrug off blows from Superman then I think he stands a greater chance of beating Diana than she does of beating him. Unlike you, I'm not ruling out Diana winning but Adam stands more of a chance given his feats against CM who's held his own against Superman physically. And again, name calling doesn't make you big or clever on here so I'd advise against it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Static Shock
@TAneT62 said:

and with the name calling get over it, i dont tolerate ignorant fools either, as you clearly underestimate Diana.

I have a better idea. Get over calling other people names and there won't be any problems. Understood? 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Static Shock
@CitizenBane said:

@TAneT62: She does not have faster reaction speed than Superman. Batman saying so doesn't make it true, especially since he has no comprehension of what superhuman reaction speed is like.

@TAneT62 said:

she has a faster reaction speed then superman as well

I don't think he was saying that Wonder Woman had faster reaction time. What Wonder Woman was trying to say was that her ability to react in battle was built into muscle memory (a lifetime of martial arts training does that to people), meaning that her ability to react in battle is based on instinct, rather than thought. Superman used the fact that he had superhuman speed as a rebuttal (proving that he obviously misinterpreted what she was trying to say). Then, Batman, who stated that he was in agreement with her, asked Superman who was faster in a physical fight, Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee (who is known for his speed in fights, and constantly stresses the ability to fight based on instinct, rather than thinking about your moves before doing them).  

But, when arguing on who has greater raw speed and reaction time, that's a completely different issue.
TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By TAneT62

@Lvenger: Yeah like i said before "wateva, get over it" your still being ignorant, and thats not name calling, just stating a fact.

Like i was trying to say, WW could win or she has a chance at winning, so please dont reply back.

Combat reaction speed is what i was trying to imply, just left out the combat part, anyways sorry for being an egg, i just get pretty defensive about these kinds of things lol

im trying to say that WW has a chance at winning. maybe she could, i dont know, maybe we'll all find out if DC decides to put uo a fight between the 2....

@Static Shock: saying someone is ignorant isnt name calling when implying it to someone who is "ignorant" ... well anyhow, about the loser fanboy thingy i said, sorry about that, i comment on alot of different forums from other sites and name calling occurs constantly, so yeah sorry about that. But i still say WW has a chance at winning, having more raw strength then someone doesnt mean there going to win, it depends on them, WW has smarts people like Adam wish for, she would use that against Adam as an advantage, mixing her truly amazing amazon combat training into gear. WW isnt dumb, she wont let him get her that easily, she has strenth near superman, her speed is amazing, she was able to keep up with jessie quick, her durability is up there with superman...WW has a chance at winning.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#168  Edited By beatboks1

@Lvenger said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Static Shock: I remember them fighting in Final Crisis #3 (that was Dark Mary). Diana had the upper hand until she was infected by Darkseid's Anti-Life virus and turned into one of the Furies. Not sure what was PIS about it.

Yes that's the fight I was thinking of @Static Shock: Now that I look back at it, it wasn't PIS at all. In fact it was a pretty conclusive fight seeing as Wonder Woman had Mary on the ropes even though Mary had been enhanced beyond her usual power level. It was just that Mary infected WW with the Morticoccous bacteria to make Diana into one of the Fury's so there wasn't a conclusion to the fight that would have had Diana winning. But plot is more important I guess. As far as Final Crisis goes, it was good at times and had potential but wasn't Morrison's finest writing if I'm honest as the plot got very complicated at times so I barely knew what was going on.

EDIT: I'll tell what was PIS about Dark Mary though. Manhandling Kyle Rayner during Countdown who has far more experience and arguably is more powerful than Mary. Or at least has more feats to back it up.

You are aware, that Mary wasn't enhanced- her power source and level was a complete change. She was as different in power from her normal version as BA is from the Marvel family. This was further illustrated in her appearance in Justice Society.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Lvenger

@beatboks1: Ah yes that's what I meant. In Countdown her powers came from the same source as Black Adam's and then Darkseid restored those powers towards the end of Countdown and then they were restored again in Justice Society. In any case Wonder Woman had the upper hand against a more powerful and less moral Mary in that fight in Final Crisis #3 and Mary only claimed victory by infecting Diana with the Morticoccous bacteria to turn her into one of Darkseid's furies.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#170  Edited By TheCannon

Wonder Woman wins both.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#171  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Adam still takes it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Static Shock
@TAneT62 said:

@Static Shock: saying someone is ignorant isnt name calling when implying it to someone who is "ignorant" ...

Calling someone an ignorant fool is name-calling.  

@TAneT62 said:

@Static Shock: saying someone is ignorant isnt name calling when implying it to someone who is "ignorant" ... well anyhow, about the loser fanboy thingy i said, sorry about that, i comment on alot of different forums from other sites and name calling occurs constantly, so yeah sorry about that. But i still say WW has a chance at winning, having more raw strength then someone doesnt mean there going to win, it depends on them, WW has smarts people like Adam wish for, she would use that against Adam as an advantage, mixing her truly amazing amazon combat training into gear. WW isnt dumb, she wont let him get her that easily, she has strenth near superman, her speed is amazing, she was able to keep up with jessie quick, her durability is up there with superman...WW has a chance at winning.

She has a chance. No one is disputing that. But, based on her battles with Superman (who she seems to have a hard time with), it stands to reason that her chances of losing to Black Adam (who is Superman's equal, plus he has no qualms about killing his opponents) are very likely.  

Being able to keep up with Jesse Quick in a race has nothing to do with how fast she's going to operate in a battle. Her durability, while it's up there, isn't equal to Superman, based on showings. 
RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@TAneT62 said:

im trying to say that WW has a chance at winning. maybe she could, i dont know, maybe we'll all find out if DC decides to put uo a fight between the 2....

Black adam would most likely win in a comic.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Static Shock

@RyuHayabusa: Exactly. Or, if anything, he'd dominate her physically, until she's able to when via plot device (her lasso, or what have her).

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Vaeternus

Just a question, didn't Wonder Woman defeat Zoom blindfolded? who is probably more powerful then black adam, I think animated wise Wonder Woman could probably hold her own. In a comic, she'd probably struggle more.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#176  Edited By beatboks1

Ahhh WW was owned by Zoom in that story. he punched her from continent to continent. her only showing was tagging him once early on when he underestimated her speed and again when he let her.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By bigcimmerian

Black Adam wins

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By TAneT62

@RyuHayabusa: i dont believe so, WW has a chance and thats all there is to it. Period.

@beatboks1: he never let her, he was to busy pissing WW of that she had to eventually "do" something on the lines of brutally giving it to him, her durability is up there with superman, and ZOOM punching her from continent to continent just shows how durable WW is.

@TheCannon: She sure does, but i dont know.)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#179  Edited By TheCannon

It's Wonder Woman, that's how.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@TAneT62: Wonder Woman has what it takes to bring down Black Adam. In comic book Black Adam would most likely win thats all i was saying.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#181  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Adam.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By _Black

Black Adam.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By TAneT62

@TheCannon: :) Glad you agree.

@RyuHayabusa: so your saying she would most likely win but not in a comic book? ... what does that prove or suggest?...

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Kinasin_

Adam.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By nickthedevil

Black Adam.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By lady_liberty

Black Adam is a villain who must provide a threat to the protagonist in order for their to be tension in the story. Because is is generally a physical threat, he has to be physically threatening. That means he has to be able to serious hurt or kill people like Wonder Woman or Superman in order for him to fulfill his role as a foil.

If is isn't able to harm the main character of a story, then he struggles to be an effective villain.

That said he has the same weakness as all the Marvel family against Wonder Woman. She only has to catch him in the lasso, and ask him what word transforms him. Then knock out his weak physical body and call it a day.

This is like having a giant moon sized space station that has a laser which can blow up a planet that has a thermal exhaust port which leads right to the reactor core. No matter how powerful its weaponry, or how good its defensive screen of fighters the enemy can just concentrate all of their efforts on shooting a torpedo down this port. If even one of them makes it, the space station fails. (Actually that sounds like a cool story, maybe I should write a movie script about it. Who knows, maybe it would be popular?)

Wonder Woman has the speed, skill and durability to hang in the fight until she can exploit Black Adam's weakness. And this shouldn't be true. To be an effective villain he needs to be immune to this kind of thing.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#187  Edited By terry2012

Black adam wins

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:

@BIackFlash: 1. Superman doesn't have a weakness to magic, he just doesn't have an immunity to it. Your first mistake of the thread.

By the way I'm agreeing with your other points I'm just telling you this.

This is flawed logic. Think that you are an alien species and since birth you have been impenetrable to almost all forms of hurt. That is your standard setting. Then something which can harm you is your weakness. It can work on you better then most other things.

A weakness is something that you are not as good at or something that can harm you. You're thinking like being not highly impenetrable is Superman's base level. Superman is extraordinary in all areas so that is his normal. Magic causes him to not be at his normal and it works better on him then most things. So that is his weakness.

By the way Black Adam wins.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Bo88gdan

Black Adam

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Oni_Bane

BA for the win, his initials stand for bada$$, he murks WW anything else is fanboy PIS

Gsp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Gsp22

Lol Black Adam whould destroy Wonder Woman, his feats are much greater than Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Jayfournines

here

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Jayfournines said:

here

Thanks, man!!!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#195  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Interesting battle. Wonder Woman is the better fighter, but I think Black Adam is just too powerful.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Jayfournines

Doesn't Black Adam have fighting skills as part of his power set?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#197  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Jayfournines said:

I think so. But he rarely uses them, I don't think he ever has.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Jayfournines

@Frozen said:

@Jayfournines said:

I think so. But he rarely uses them, I don't think he ever has.

I mean, if he had it, it wouldn't be any sort of martial art, it would probably be some form of ancient egyptian combat or wrestling or something...so, he might use it but we don't know...for all we know crazy punching is how ancient egyptians fought =P

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By NerdsFTW

Black Adam effortlessly stomps.

moldybutt70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers