#1 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam

VS

Silver Surfer

-Round 1. In character.

-Round 2. Surfer is bloodlusted, Black Adam is as powerful as he was during WW3.

#2 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam cannot keep up in either instance. Silver Surfer wins in both scenarios.

#3 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer probably wins first scenario. In second scenario, it would be curbstomp in SS favor.

#4 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Black Adam cannot keep up in either instance. Silver Surfer wins in both scenarios.

Nope.

@Jedisupermaster said:

Silver Surfer probably wins first scenario. In second scenario, it would be curbstomp in SS favor.

Nope.

Silver Surfer in character has lost to Thor. Twice. Black Adam in character has solo'd the JSA. Four times.

Round 1: Black Adam stomps.

Round 2: Can't decide.

#5 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Nope.

@Jedisupermaster said:

Nope.

Silver Surfer in character has lost to Thor. Twice. Black Adam in character has solo'd the JSA. Four times.

I agree with you.

Silver Surfer talks more than he fights in "Morals On."

Morals On: Black Adam (because he'll go all out)

Morals Off: The Silver Surfer curb stomps

And I believe this battle has been done before?

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

#6 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n: Different stipulations.

#7 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n: Whatever floats your boat.......

#9 Posted by ComicVineAddict23 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer on both rounds

#10 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@MasterM0r0n: Whatever floats your boat.......

Sorry if I seem rather picky brother, I'm just making sure, that's all. ^-^

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

Done before,SS wins

#12 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Done before,SS wins

Morph said that Black Adam would win, so I have nope....SS doesn't win.

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5406 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Done before,SS wins

Youre entitled to your own opinion but seeing as your name is Black AdamFTW forgive me if I take your statement with a grain of salt. I remember the other thread and if I recall the majority said SS would win myself included.
#14 Posted by GhostRider2 (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Nope.

@Jedisupermaster said:

Nope.

SS stomps both rounds, maybe round 1 is not a stomp but he will win.

#15 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Nope.

When has Silver Surfer lost against Thor outside Blood and Thunder? I think its 1 , 1 in terms of Silver Surfer vs Thor , would be 3 v 1 in SS favor if you count the non-cannon encounters.

Also when has Black Adam actually soloed JSA? Let alone Four times? the only times i have seen Black Adam even come remotely close would be during World War 3 and during JSA: The Regin, he didnt solo then those times. What issues am i missing?

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Youre entitled to your own opinion but seeing as your name is Black AdamFTW forgive me if I take your statement with a grain of salt. I remember the other thread and if I recall the majority said SS would win myself included.

Would you make a case for Silver Surfer (in character) then? I would love to see one, i am a huge fan of silver surfer, have read virtually every comics of him, but its totally in his character to hold back significantly, specially against an opponent he doesnt know, while Black Adam tries to rip people in half every chance he gets. Black Adam is likely stronger and more durable for the fight, and while Surfer is versatile, he pretty much never uses his versatility in a fight.

#16 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Nope.

When has Silver Surfer lost against Thor outside Blood and Thunder? I think its 1 , 1 in terms of Silver Surfer vs Thor , would be 3 v 1 in SS favor if you count the non-cannon encounters.

Also when has Black Adam actually soloed JSA? Let alone Four times? the only times i have seen Black Adam even come remotely close would be during World War 3 and during JSA: The Regin, he didnt solo then those times. What issues am i missing?

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Would you make a case for Silver Surfer (in character) then? I would love to see one, i am a huge fan of silver surfer, have read virtually every comics of him, but its totally in his character to hold back significantly, specially against an opponent he doesnt know, while Black Adam tries to rip people in half every chance he gets. Black Adam is likely stronger and more durable for the fight, and while Surfer is versatile, he pretty much never uses his versatility in a fight.

Forgot that one time he wasn't in character (when Surfer was controlled by Loki). What about the time when Thor was going nuts and Surfer and BRB tried to beat him, but they ended up losing? I thought happened.

When I say soloed, I mean "beat the tar out of". He's taken them on four times rather successfully, but doesn't really end up in a win. One time he even had a brain tumor, and he was still beating them up.

@GhostRider2 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Nope.

@Jedisupermaster said:

Nope.

SS stomps both rounds, maybe round 1 is not a stomp but he will win.

Cool story, bro.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@blackadamFTW

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Done before,SS wins

I know I'm a BA fan boy, but I still don't let it cloud my judgement too much.

#17 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer both rounds

#18 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Forgot that one time he wasn't in character (when Surfer was controlled by Loki). What about the time when Thor was going nuts and Surfer and BRB tried to beat him, but they ended up losing? I thought happened.

When I say soloed, I mean "beat the tar out of". He's taken them on four times rather successfully, but doesn't really end up in a win. One time he even had a brain tumor, and he was still beating them up.

Ok i am honestly surprised, i think i have always seen people misrepresent that.

And the third scan from the last, should show who got the better of whom in the fight, i dont see how people mis-interperate that as a win for Thor. The only thing in Thor favour is Surfer saying his hammer is more powerful than surfer's power cosmic.

The second time you mention is "Blood and Thunder", thats the story arc it happened, More specifically, Silver Surfer Volume 3, 88, unless there is another time Thor has gone mad.

The scans are below for you to verify

Ok i am honestly surprised, i think i have always seen people misrepresent that.

That is perhaps the only time Thor has actually beaten Silver Surfer, and we still dont know for absolute certainty whether Thor was in warrior madness or not in this instance.

Also could you give me a list of story arcs or instances Black Adam has actually fought JSA? I do not think he has done so outside World War 3 and Dark Reign.

#19 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3493 posts) - - Show Bio

SS will win both rounds. Round 1 is debatable of course cuz it could go either way. Round 2 is a stomp in SS favor

#20 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Considered that Surfer is inhibited by CIS, he should loose round 1. Round 2, he should win if he is willing to use all his power he stupidly avoided, such as telepathy, cosmic awareness, super speed, and planet-busting attack.

#21 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

There a are a few different ways to consider any given matchup: 1). What does the character normally demonstrate on panel (notwithstanding poor writing....takes a discerning reader)?, 2). What feats has the character done that support your view? 3). What characters/villains have they beaten or who does the character normally fight? Surfer is way too fast for Black Adam to react to.

#22 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

SS on both rounds

#23 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3493 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer wins both rounds

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer both rounds.

#25 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Nope.

@Jedisupermaster said:

Nope.

I thought the comicvine rules said characters fight to the best of their ability? so morals on, surfer would be serious. Morals off, he would be pissed and ruthless. I say SS both rounds

#26 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ndm5 said:

I thought the comicvine rules said characters fight to the best of their ability? so morals on, surfer would be serious. Morals off, he would be pissed and ruthless. I say SS both rounds

While this is true, battle forum also dictates they fight in character. Its it perfectly on Silver Surfer's character to hold back his powers, they have even given you an example of Superman's speed.

Since its not in his character to use speed to gain a massive advantage, nor is it in his character to use his versatility, it makes Silver Surfer a little placid of a character. Its the same reason he lost to Loki, Thor and Thanos. Had surfer used his speed and versatility, he should have made short work of Loki and Thor, Thanos I can understand he doesnt have anything in his arsenal to actually beat him apart from perhaps try and trap him in his board, but Surfer could have gone intangible, thereby preventing Thanos from beating him senseless, which is not what happened and Thanos nearly killed him.

#27 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ndm5 said:

While this is true, battle forum also dictates they fight in character. Its it perfectly on Silver Surfer's character to hold back his powers, they have even given you an example of Superman's speed.

Since its not in his character to use speed to gain a massive advantage, nor is it in his character to use his versatility, it makes Silver Surfer a little placid of a character. Its the same reason he lost to Loki, Thor and Thanos. Had surfer used his speed and versatility, he should have made short work of Loki and Thor, Thanos I can understand he doesnt have anything in his arsenal to actually beat him apart from perhaps try and trap him in his board, but Surfer could have gone intangible, thereby preventing Thanos from beating him senseless, which is not what happened and Thanos nearly killed him.

Fair enough, if morals are on then the surfer will lose. I wish he would be a bit more ruthless in comics, Thor is my favorite character, and even I was mad he beat SS. But i do say morals off SS wins

#28 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ndm5 said:

Uhmmm...I've seen the Surfer "forget" to use his powers from time to time, but he's also used them to his advantage enough times that I don't think it's out of his character to use them on someone like Adam. True, Black Adam is a ruthless SOB, but I've seen Norrin put down the likes of Morg, go toe to toe with Thor, pimp smack the Hulk a few times and put down Tryco Slatterus with a bolt of the power cosmic, among others. Plus, Norrin is faster than BA. He has also demonstrated he can, and has, used his other arsenal of powers in combat situations.

Be a great fight, but I see no reason why the Surfer would not win.

#29 Posted by MonsterStomp (17850 posts) - - Show Bio

One all. Surfer isn't beating Black Adam in character, given that BA fights to his full potential all the time. SS holds back and feels remorse all the time, making him vulnerable. A bloodlusted Silver Surfer is scary, I'd call it a stomp in SS's favor, WW3 BA was also bloodlusted at the time + he was power amped. It'll be a tough fight but SS will take the second round. Leaving the score 1:1.

#30 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is just too good I think. He can beat Adam in many ways imo

#31 Posted by dondave (37295 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#33 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Black Adam

Round 2: Surfer

#34 Posted by cortadew (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver surfer both rounds

#35 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam first round

SS second

#36 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

round one black adam round 2 stalemate

#37 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think Silver Surfer would stomp, mainly because hasn't he warped time and space before? I mean, Black Adam is incredibly powerful, but according to your rules, Black Adam isn't the "New 52" version, so he is without spell casting. If he had the ability to cast spells, than in the first round it would be pretty even; but the second, no matter the scenario, Silver Surfer would win. I mean, if he's blood lusted, he would just open a Black Hole and suck half the Universe into it. Than Black Adam could spend another 5,000-years traveling back.