Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Rules: no BFR, sentry is relatively stable, fully bloodlusted

Win conditions: fight till one person is knocked out or dead

Battleground: abandoned New York

Please give reasons as to who would win an why, it helps me to better judge the characters

Black adam has both new 52 and pre 52 feats

Let the battle commence!

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BA takes this but its very close. Probably 6/10. Only because a raging pre-52 BA could blaze through a bunch of superhero teams by himself. Sentry bloodlusted could give him a run for his money.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Relatively stable is hard to pin point. Sentry's usually only highly stable, or highly unstable. I think I'll give it to Sentry for now, though.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Because, its pretty hard to grasp what a relatively stable Sentry is. I'm trying to go off just random Sentry feats at this point.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sy8000

Black Adam. Sentry isn't all that.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is when he's mentally stable.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

That's when he's LEAST powerful. I don't know where people got that idea. And don't pull up the Terrax feat, Terrax is a jobber. Sentry has no feats to even put him in Wonder Womans range, much less Black Adam's.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

That's when he's LEAST powerful. I don't know where people got that idea. And don't pull up the Terrax feat, Terrax is a jobber. Sentry has no feats to even put him in Wonder Womans range, much less Black Adam's.

How is that when he's least powerful? He's most powerful when he's mentally stable, and weaker when unstable. Sentry has gone full plot device on a few occasions.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well DS Sentry is Sentry with no Void, and I guess as close to "relatively stable" as your gonna get with an agoraphobic, ex-junkie Superman. And without Void making him Rob Pattinson, dude is pretty sweet.

Also my boy Bob is the only character with the Supermannish powerset, to actually takes advantage. He has no problem blitzing weaker opponents and tearing off limbs, or beating people with sixty punches per minute. Adam is the same way, and if it were pre-52 I would give it to BA as I believe he is the more competent combatant. But new? I have no idea.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

How is that when he's least powerful? He's most powerful when he's mentally stable, and weaker when unstable. Sentry has gone full plot device on a few occasions.

In what instances? The void is always the most powerful sentry and the way he's depicted he's power grows the closer he is to the void. @killemall thoughts?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: And even stable minded he's never shown to be on Adams power level, WWIII or no.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

In what instances? The void is always the most powerful sentry and the way he's depicted he's power grows the closer he is to the void. @killemall thoughts?

I'm talking about Robert's Sentry persona, not his Void persona. A stable minded Sentry literally beat Molecule Man at his own game. People have thought it to be the Void persona, but it was actually Sentry.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well DS Sentry is Sentry with no Void, and I guess as close to "relatively stable" as your gonna get with an agoraphobic, ex-junkie Superman. And without Void making him Rob Pattinson, dude is pretty sweet.

Also my boy Bob is the only character with the Supermannish powerset, to actually takes advantage. He has no problem blitzing weaker opponents and tearing off limbs, or beating people with sixty punches per minute. Adam is the same way, and if it were pre-52 I would give it to BA as I believe he is the more competent combatant. But new? I have no idea.

I can do more than that, does this mean I've got Super powers!!?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ay if your punches can shatter mountain ranges then yes! :-)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

I'm talking about Robert's Sentry persona, not his Void persona. A stable minded Sentry literally beat Molecule Man at his own game. People have thought it to be the Void persona, but it was actually Sentry.

No...that was the void. In the script for seige Benids made it clear that black eyes=void. I don't think a stable Sentry would kill a man. On top of that, he didn't even remember he did it which not only implies he wasn't stable, but that he'd have no clue how to do so again.

Without Matter manipulation Sentry is force into a physical fight in which he's outclassed.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: @highaccuser: i think what OP means is that Sentry is of a stable mind and is able think rationally and that since he is bloodlusted hes not holding back as well. He's not the crazy mentally unstable sentry with schizo.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

No...that was the void. In the script for seige Benids made it clear that black eyes=void. I don't think a stable Sentry would kill a man. On top of that, he didn't even remember he did it which not only implies he wasn't stable, but that he'd have no clue how to do so again.

Without Matter manipulation Sentry is force into a physical fight in which he's outclassed.

Mind if I see scans of the script? While black eyes may be one of Void's main things, Void has always, and I mean every single appearance, has been shown with a black dialogue bubble. Even in other appearances of Siege, Void was depicted with the black bubble. Also, I doubt Void would ask how his powers work.

In regards to the battle, I'd say Black Adam wins, just because I'm not entirely too sure what a relatively stable minded Sentry is.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

Teth

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Also, I think its speculation if Sentry had actually killed Molecule Man. I thought Sentry banished him, not killed him. Was this ever followed up on?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Also, I think its speculation if Sentry had actually killed Molecule Man. I thought Sentry banished him, not killed him. Was this ever followed up on?

No. I assume because he's dead.

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

Mind if I see scans of the script? While black eyes may be one of Void's main things, Void has always, and I mean every single appearance, has been shown with a black dialogue bubble. Even in other appearances of Siege, Void was depicted with the black bubble. Also, I doubt Void would ask how his powers work.

In regards to the battle, I'd say Black Adam wins, just because I'm not entirely too sure what a relatively stable minded Sentry is.

"But it's the almost blank stare and black eyes that are so off-putting about the sentry. Something is wrong."

Again, considering Sentry immediantly forgot what he did I doubt he could repeat it.

I think relatively stable means standard non-void. Pre-all the weird stuff from Dark Reign.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

No. I assume because he's dead.

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@highaccuser said:

"But it's the almost blank stare and black eyes that are so off-putting about the sentry. Something is wrong."

Again, considering Sentry immediately forgot what he did I doubt he could repeat it.

I think relatively stable means standard non-void. Pre-all the weird stuff from Dark Reign.

Yeah, relatively stable means no Void. While the black eyes are still a big part of Void's character, the black speech bubble has alwaysbeen Void's speech bubble. Even during the Siege on Asgard, Void was shown with the black speech bubble. During Sentry's fight with MM, there was never any shown black speech bubble. It's also speculation if Sentry actually killed MM, instead of sending him away. Also, lets keep in mind that Sentry has acknowledged Void taking over him, and has had conversations with himself through the personas.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Again, I see no reason Sentry could replicate a feat that he doesn't even remember even if the void wasn't involved.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I'm almost positive Bendis did that, just for plot purposes. Also, I don't see why he couldn't when he learned and used the powers on a moments notice. While what I'm about to say is speculation, it's entirely possible, because of how Sentry's powers work. I don't think Sentry is able to access his full power spectrum, unless he's fully serious, and stable. It's possible that after the fight, his seriousness, and confidence died down, making him forgetting his powers. Again, this is speculation.

Also, for a battle purpose, I don't see why he couldn't replicate it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I'm almost positive Bendis did that, just for plot purposes. Also, I don't see why he couldn't when he learned and used the powers on a moments notice. While what I'm about to say is speculation, it's entirely possible, because of how Sentry's powers work. I don't think Sentry is able to access his full power spectrum, unless he's fully serious, and stable. It's possible that after the fight, his seriousness, and confidence died down, making him forgetting his powers. Again, this is speculation.

Your right, it is speculation. That doesn't fly here. He learned them at a moments notice true, but only once. There are many instances where it would've helped him(WWH, living building, etc.), and in all but one of those he couldn't pull it out, but NOW he can?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Your right, it is speculation. That doesn't fly here. He learned them at a moments notice true, but only once. There are many instances where it would've helped him(WWH, living building, etc.), and in all but one of those he couldn't pull it out, but NOW he can?

WWH was beyond plot induced, and Sentry wasn't written with his manipulation until a year past WWH. And again, Sentry hit one of his highest stability during his fight with MM; If he was allowed to be at the level of stability in a fight, I see no reason why he couldn't do it. I don't recall him hitting that peak any other time, before he died. Also, we have to remember how much of a plot device Sentry is. Probably gonna go to bed now, its 7AM.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with Sentry

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@beaconofstrength said:

WWH was beyond plot induced, and Sentry wasn't written with his manipulation until a year past WWH. And again, Sentry hit one of his highest stability during his fight with MM; If he was allowed to be at the level of stability in a fight, I see no reason why he couldn't do it. I don't recall him hitting that peak any other time, before he died. Also, we have to remember how much of a plot device Sentry is. Probably gonna go to bed now, its 7AM.

Sentry was not stable in that fight...he was clearly more agressive than normal. He's never matter manipulated since, so still no reason he could do it again.

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go Sentry by a hair. Fill BA is Thor level, bottom end of like the 10 elite in comics.