Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock
@the human Juggernaut said:
" my point is if he wasn't distracted by all those others he could have resisted, since it clearly takes concentration to resist it. "
OK.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@the creator said:
"@the human Juggernaut said:
which is exactly what did not happen if you actually read the scan. "
I'll direct you attention to my last posting, commenting on the image Static posted.  "

great.  You've demonstrated that MM can put images in black adam's head that managed to annoy him after he was attacked by a massive group of powerful people.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By the creator
"@the creator said:
I'll direct you attention to my last posting, commenting on the image Static posted.  "
great.  You've demonstrated that MM can put images in black adam's head that managed to annoy him after he was attacked by a massive group of powerful people. "

Downplay it usual. 
Its a successful telepathic attack. 
Damn, does that foil his immunity to MM's telepathy......
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:
"@the creator said:
great.  You've demonstrated that MM can put images in black adam's head that managed to annoy him after he was attacked by a massive group of powerful people. "
Downplay it usual. Its a successful telepathic attack. Damn, does that foil his immunity to MM's telepathy...... "

Downplay?  If the circumstances posted above are completely different, then the people that haven't read the story should know that.  Since the whole battle isn't posted, many might not know he was facing a huge amount of people at that time.  Since the scan after that was not posted, people might also not know that all that "attack" did was make him angry.  Finally, i didn't say he was immune.  I said he could resist mm's telepathy, which, as MM's words indicate, is in fact the case. 
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the creator

"@the creator said:
"@the creator said:
Downplay it usual. Its a successful telepathic attack. Damn, does that foil his immunity to MM's telepathy...... "
Downplay?  If the circumstances posted above are completely different, then the people that haven't read the story should know that.  Since the whole battle isn't posted, many might not know he was facing a huge amount of people at that time.  Since the scan after that was not posted, people might also not know that all that "attack" did was make him angry.  Finally, i didn't say he was immune.  I said he could resist mm's telepathy, which, as MM's words indicate, is in fact the case.  "

And again, I'll say it once more. 
MM still managed to use a telepathic projection / attack on BA. It still got inside his 'Mind so strong....."
The circumstances helped, sure. 
However now MM can go and stay immaterial and take his time battering down or sliding past BA's "Mind so strong...." to accomplish exactly the same thing. 
BA can do nothing in return. 
MM can attack from an invisible / imaterial state, physically attack BA and still mainatain his telepathic attacks between these physical bouts. 
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:
"

"@the creator said:
"@the creator said:
Downplay?  If the circumstances posted above are completely different, then the people that haven't read the story should know that.  Since the whole battle isn't posted, many might not know he was facing a huge amount of people at that time.  Since the scan after that was not posted, people might also not know that all that "attack" did was make him angry.  Finally, i didn't say he was immune.  I said he could resist mm's telepathy, which, as MM's words indicate, is in fact the case.  "

And again, I'll say it once more. MM still managed to use a telepathic projection / attack on BA. It still got inside his 'Mind so strong....."The circumstances helped, sure. However now MM can go and stay immaterial and take his time battering down or sliding past BA's "Mind so strong...." to accomplish exactly the same thing. BA can do nothing in return. MM can attack from an invisible / imaterial state, physically attack BA and still mainatain his telepathic attacks between these physical bouts.  "

yes, he used one while black adam was busy fighting many others.  I'll also say once that without the distraction of all those others, he will be able to resist because he will be able to concentrate.  As the scan demonstrates, MM couldn't really do much when he said "mind so strong...", so he's not going to be able to attack physically and do all that other stuff at once as you said.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By the creator
"@the creator said:
"

"@the creator said:
"@the creator said:

And again, I'll say it once more. MM still managed to use a telepathic projection / attack on BA. It still got inside his 'Mind so strong....."The circumstances helped, sure. However now MM can go and stay immaterial and take his time battering down or sliding past BA's "Mind so strong...." to accomplish exactly the same thing. BA can do nothing in return. MM can attack from an invisible / imaterial state, physically attack BA and still mainatain his telepathic attacks between these physical bouts.  "
yes, he used one while black adam was busy fighting many others.  I'll also say once that without the distraction of all those others, he will be able to resist because he will be able to concentrate.  As the scan demonstrates, MM couldn't really do much when he said "mind so strong...", so he's not going to be able to attack physically and do all that other stuff at once as you said. "

Try reading what I said again....not all at the same time but in bouts. 
You have your opinion, I have mine. 
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:
"@the creator said:
"

"@the creator said:
"@the creator said:

yes, he used one while black adam was busy fighting many others.  I'll also say once that without the distraction of all those others, he will be able to resist because he will be able to concentrate.  As the scan demonstrates, MM couldn't really do much when he said "mind so strong...", so he's not going to be able to attack physically and do all that other stuff at once as you said. "
Try reading what I said again....not all at the same time but in bouts. You have your opinion, I have mine.  "

attacking him physically would be a bad idea as MM is no match for him in that regard.  Attacking him mentally would just cause it to be resisted.  Just sitting there intangible would do nothing.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By capall
@the creator:
my mistake for using inaccurate choice of words, adam has some level of resistent (how high? which i can not prove) to mind control and telepathy however not completely immune to it
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BatDance
Manhunter wins

Unless the writers are smoking drugs again
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By Zoom

Black Adam.
Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sun King

"Manhunter wins

Unless the writers are smoking drugs again
"

@BatDance:

You've hit the nail on the head there.  On paper MM should win this 100%  Unfortunately MM is also the biggest victim of PIS in the whole of ComicDom.  So in practice he loses...... AGAIN!
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
"

No Caption Provided
Black Adam. "
i like how people post scans of that battle when arguing how manhunter would win
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zoom

I like how Green Arrow is trying to hit Black Adam with arrows during that fight.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FLCL1

MM

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MisterGuyMan
@Zoom said:
"I like how Green Arrow is trying to hit Black Adam with arrows during that fight. "
This.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Zoom said:
" I like how Green Arrow is trying to hit Black Adam with arrows during that fight. "
Ya that is great
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BIackFlash
@pooty said:
" MM wins this. Too many powers at his disposal. "
Manhunter would dominate
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BatDance
@Baldy said:
" Manhunter stomps Black Adam easily. Turns intangible and invisible and then turns solid inside his body, screw mental attacks just explode the dude. "
 Manhunter wins

That works for me
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MKF30

I like MMH here I think he can take BA....

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
" I like how Green Arrow is trying to hit Black Adam with arrows during that fight. "
if he had arrows tipped with shards of the rock of eternity, that might actually work
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zoom
" @Zoom said:
if he had arrows tipped with shards of the rock of eternity, that might actually work "
Or at least arrows with soda cans on them.
BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlackestShite

Manhunter wins

writers make him jobber too much

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zaiyan

Manhunter gets no respect . I wish writers would write him correctly
example:

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Susanoo
@Zaiyan said:
"Manhunter gets no respect

I wish writers would write him correctly

"

..... That is sad. Does this mean Manhunter's inconsistent? Because one moment, he's mindraping Spectre and the next, he get's humiliated by Supergirl and Adam.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Susanoo:
That Supergirl comic was written by Loeb,she owned Flash and GL but was scared of Bat's.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Silver2467
@Susanoo said: 

..... That is sad. Does this mean Manhunter's inconsistent? Because one moment, he's mindraping Spectre and the next, he get's humiliated by Supergirl and Adam. "

No, it means that the Loeb-Force is alive and well. That scan is from the Power arc in Supergirl's solo series in which she beats the whole JLA only to have trouble with Wonder Woman and Superman individually. She steals John Stewart's Ring before he can react and then humiliates him with it by creating an energy construct of a fist to KO him. She beats Hawkman and Black Canary after this, and when Flash attacks her, she speeds off. As Wally follows her, he somehow becomes too stupid to realize he needs to breathe and chases her to the outside of the moon where he is incapacitated without air. He also forgets that he has ran on the moon before and done so fast enough that he could return to the watchtower for air without any problems. Then the Martian shows up, and Kara just chokes him out with one arm, even though other powerhouses like Despero have failed to manhandle him with such ease before. What became even worse is when the entire JLA moved outside the watchtower to challenge Supergirl, and despite Flash nearly suffocating from lack of oxygen, they were all fine with no air. 
According to this arc, Superman>>>>>>>>>>>Supergirl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JLA.

Clearly it was tremendous writing.....
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#79  Edited By Outside_85
@Susanoo:
Might help if he wasnt so overloaded with superpowers, as it is theres seemingly nothing he cant do which makes the death of all the other martians look incredibly wierd.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By buttersdaman000
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Susanoo
@Silver2467 said:
"@Susanoo said: 

..... That is sad. Does this mean Manhunter's inconsistent? Because one moment, he's mindraping Spectre and the next, he get's humiliated by Supergirl and Adam. "

No, it means that the Loeb-Force is alive and well. That scan is from the Power arc in Supergirl's solo series in which she beats the whole JLA only to have trouble with Wonder Woman and Superman individually. She steals John Stewart's Ring before he can react and then humiliates him with it by creating an energy construct of a fist to KO him. She beats Hawkman and Black Canary after this, and when Flash attacks her, she speeds off. As Wally follows her, he somehow becomes too stupid to realize he needs to breathe and chases her to the outside of the moon where he is incapacitated without air. He also forgets that he has ran on the moon before and done so fast enough that he could return to the watchtower for air without any problems. Then the Martian shows up, and Kara just chokes him out with one arm, even though other powerhouses like Despero have failed to manhandle him with such ease before. What became even worse is when the entire JLA moved outside the watchtower to challenge Supergirl, and despite Flash nearly suffocating from lack of oxygen, they were all fine with no air. According to this arc, Superman>>>>>>>>>>>Supergirl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JLA.Clearly it was tremendous writing..... "

Beautiful explanation.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By marvelrules2011

black adam

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MutenRoshi
@entropy_aegis said:
@Susanoo: That Supergirl comic was written by Loeb,she owned Flash and GL but was scared of Bat's.
Why is Manhunter such a jobber?
BlackJudas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fight like this is really hard to say who takes the win. Black Adam and Martian Manhunter are both incredibly powerful. In WW3 Martian couldn't control BA's mind for that much, and both believed that they can beat each other. Black Adam is highly durable he can take as an extreme threshold of damage and without a doubt he can deliver a great amount of damage too. Martian Manhunter though has a lot of perks, intangibility and the fact that he can vanish (invisibility) and popping up behind BA's back will give him a lot of advantage. In WW3 Black Adam quite frankly resisted MM telepathic control with ease and he fought him after going trough waves of other super powered beings and STILL was able to knock him down ( even though MM got back up). Now even though BA resisted his telepathic powers with ease doesn't mean they can't work on him, they distorted BA enough for Alan Scott to get a good hand on him, so in a fight between the two it might be useful to a minor extent, distorting him for a few minutes can be a lot in a fight like this. Then again, Black Adam clearly broke out of it, and he kept fighting, his magic would be of great use in this fight and as such it would help him give MM and great beating BUT not completely to defeat him. MM's powers can easily be used to dodge most of BA's attack, so i'd say after a really bloody fight for both MM would eventually come out on top. Yet another scenerio would be were Black Adam wins, pulling off a great attack from any way he can will surely hurt MM and that would distort him too, and Black Adam is more than quick enough to elaborate on that and keep on putting a beat down till MM gets too woozy to use his powers properly or even use them, thus enabling Black Adam to finish him off. So in a way this fight would always depend on the slightest detail, for it can go either way really easily, in my fair opinion.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers