#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7996 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam believes they killed Isis.

They believe black Adam killed the love of there lives as well.

Bloodlust

No morals

Battle starts on the ground who wins and why

#2 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam. Much faster than those 2 (combat-wise) and would just smash through any constructs like glass, and no shields they have could protect them from a bloodlusted Adam onslaught.

#3 Edited by King Saturn (224169 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam would take the Power Rings away from Sinestro and Hal before they could react to do anything... and then Teth would crush their heads.

#4 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#5 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam would take the Power Rings away from Sinestro and Hal before they could react to do anything... and then Teth would crush their heads.

He'd take their rings...and the fingers they are on too lol

#6 Posted by New_World_Order (13187 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

#7 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

#8 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@king_saturn said:

Black Adam would take the Power Rings away from Sinestro and Hal before they could react to do anything... and then Teth would crush their heads.

He'd take their rings...and the fingers they are on too lol

IIRC in all the times he's fought Alan Scott he's never tried doing so, why would he start now?

#9 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Green Lantern's shield have only been that weak in the New 52 and if we're using New 52 versions Black Adam gets stomped. Given that their constructs have hurt being of comparable durability to Black Adam such as Mongul, there is no reason why they don't employ the same tactic on him

#10 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7996 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox: this is green lantern sinestro

#11 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam ftw.

#12 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Green Lantern's shield have only been that weak in the New 52 and if we're using New 52 versions Black Adam gets stomped. Given that their constructs have hurt being of comparable durability to Black Adam such as Mongul, there is no reason why they don't employ the same tactic on him

And yet Hal and the other earth lanterns could do nothing to stop him in WW3. I agree taking their rings isn't likely - that was more of a joke, but even if he doesn't break all their constructs, I still don't see them doing that much damage to him. Even if they did - he could just change between regular Teth Adam and Black Adam, which auto-heals him and restores him to full power. At best, he outlasts their rings' charges and finishes them off, at worst he decimates them quickly. They would literally have to one-shot him to win and prevent him from healing up - something that I think we can agree won't happen given how fast and durable Adam is (not to mention smart - he's dealt with lanterns before)

#13 Edited by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@dondave said:

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Green Lantern's shield have only been that weak in the New 52 and if we're using New 52 versions Black Adam gets stomped. Given that their constructs have hurt being of comparable durability to Black Adam such as Mongul, there is no reason why they don't employ the same tactic on him

And yet Hal and the other earth lanterns could do nothing to stop him in WW3. I agree taking their rings isn't likely - that was more of a joke, but even if he doesn't break all their constructs, I still don't see them doing that much damage to him. Even if they did - he could just change between regular Teth Adam and Black Adam, which auto-heals him and restores him to full power. At best, he outlasts their rings' charges and finishes them off, at worst he decimates them quickly. They would literally have to one-shot him to win and prevent him from healing up - something that I think we can agree won't happen given how fast and durable Adam is (not to mention smart - he's dealt with lanterns before)

Why wouldn't the ring do much damage to him? Green Lantern's have hurt beings in his bench mark before. If he changed back into Teth he'd most likely die from his injuries not become immediately healed. Black Adam only uses his speed when somebody uses their speed against him, for example he only shows his speed when fighting Jay Garrick, he doesn't actually start out blitzing, not to mention that his speed can be countered by their rings Auto--Fire settings. IIRC Guy and John don't even attack him during World War III. Hal and Sinestro can also stop him through matter manipulation or blow up the planet. Sinestro and other Green Lanterns have survived planets blowing up

#14 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: in WWIII (or near it in 52) Adam gets injured during his fight w/ the four horsemen - he switches back to Teth Adam then back to Black Adam again quickly, and it heals all his wounds. I'm at work - I'll try to find the scan later.

I'm not arguing for a speed blitz, my point is if, in fact, they COULD hurt him, he has the speed to just avoid their attacks altogether.

In WW3 - the lanterns and everyone else are involved in the fight against him and they basically can't do anything. If 2-4 high level lanterns, including Hal, can't do it I don't think Hal and Sinestro could (and even if, that's ignoring all the other means Adam has of recovering and beating them).

I suppose the lanterns could planet-bust, but Adam can survive in space as well, thus I don't think that lands them a victory.

#15 Edited by New_World_Order (13187 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: You say it as if Wonder Woman is physically superior to Black Adam, which she is not.

#16 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: You say it as if Wonder Woman is physically superior to Black Adam, which she is not.

I said they've only easily broken through Lantern shield's in the New 52, Pre-52 it was much harder, such as Kyle keeping Ultraman trapped on the moon for several hours. I never suggested Wonder Woman was stronger than Black Adam, but her New 52 version has better feats than New 52 Black Adam

#17 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

#18 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Black adam.

#19 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Only problem I see here is the heroes were trying to stop Adam, Sinestro would not hesitate to go for the kill. I get so tired of people bringing up WWIII, besides BA was amped then anyway and MManhunter said there were more powerful fighters on the field but they weren't ready to unleash completely.

I say too close to call.

#20 Edited by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@capfan80 said:

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Only problem I see here is the heroes were trying to stop Adam, Sinestro would not hesitate to go for the kill. I get so tired of people bringing up WWIII, besides BA was amped then anyway and MManhunter said there were more powerful fighters on the field but they weren't ready to unleash completely.

I say too close to call.

Black Adam wasn't amped he was just angry

#21 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: as per his bio on comicvine

Isis was killed in the fight with the remaining Horsemen, and with her dying breath she teleported Death away and bade Adam to avenge her and Osiris. Black Adam was then endowed with the powers of Isis, adding the power of an additional god to his powerset.

Domino!

#22 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@capfan80 said:

@dondave: as per his bio on comicvine

Isis was killed in the fight with the remaining Horsemen, and with her dying breath she teleported Death away and bade Adam to avenge her and Osiris. Black Adam was then endowed with the powers of Isis, adding the power of an additional god to his powerset.

Domino!

He only received Isis power after World War III in his own miniseries, the bio is incorrect, she only told him to avenge her and Osiris, she didn't give him any power

#23 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7996 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by New_World_Order (13187 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7996 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

The team would have an outside chance to win but they'd. Have to be on there a plus game, that said BA would win this on most occasions.

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (13187 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: Black Adam is more powerful. DC has shown that plenty of times.

#28 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@capfan80 said:

@dondave: as per his bio on comicvine

Isis was killed in the fight with the remaining Horsemen, and with her dying breath she teleported Death away and bade Adam to avenge her and Osiris. Black Adam was then endowed with the powers of Isis, adding the power of an additional god to his powerset.

Domino!

He only received Isis power after World War III in his own miniseries, the bio is incorrect, she only told him to avenge her and Osiris, she didn't give him any power

Yup.

@capfan80 said:

@equonox said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Current Sinestro likely solo's, and together they would subdue Black Adam.

I don't think Parallax Sinestro is who he was thinking of. He should probably clarify, but just because the last time we saw Sinestro he had Parallax doesn't mean we should assume that for current/future battle threads.

Superman and Wonder Woman break through lantern constructs on the reg. Adam is incredibly close, if not on the same level of strength and speed as those two. On top of that, all 4 earth lanterns, combined with hundreds of other super heroes, were unable to contain or subdue Adam in WWIII - no way are Hal and Sinestro going to be able to by themselves, especially given Adam is bloodlusted.

Only problem I see here is the heroes were trying to stop Adam, Sinestro would not hesitate to go for the kill. I get so tired of people bringing up WWIII, besides BA was amped then anyway and MManhunter said there were more powerful fighters on the field but they weren't ready to unleash completely.

I say too close to call.

Neither would Adam, and the difference is neither Lantern has anything in their arsenal to stop or put down Adam

#29 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox: Why wouldn't their constructs hurt Black Adam? They've hurt people on his level before.

#30 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: I said they couldn't put him down, and I truly don't think they could given the arguments I've already made. He would sustain some damage, obviously, but not nearly as much as they would.