• 70 results
Posted by Knightfall225 (1664 posts) 9 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Black Adam vs. Dr.Doom (41 votes)

Black Adam 56%
Dr.Doom 41%

The two meet during the war Between Latveria and Khandaq.

both have standard powers and gear

The war takes place in high mountains

#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Any prep involved?

If so then Doom, if not then Adam.

#2 Posted by Knightfall225 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Both sides have been prepping for this war for a month

#3 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Both sides have been prepping for this war for a month

Has Doom prepped for an encounter against Adam? If so, he wins 10/10.

#4 Posted by those_eyes (4770 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Geno (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam is one of my favorite villains; heck, one of my favorite DC characters. But with a month of prep, there is absolutely no chance he would even lay a finger on Doom.

#6 Posted by IRS (452 posts) - - Show Bio

A random would have been the best fight this could be. Prep just gives this to Doom.

#7 Posted by Knightfall225 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

A random war wouldnt make sense

#8 Posted by Spideysense44 (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Doom easily takes this with prep

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14711 posts) - - Show Bio

You would be hard pressed to find someone who Doom can't beat with a month worth of prep.

#10 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

You would be hard pressed to find someone who Doom can't beat with a month worth of prep.

Provided he has prep as well.

#11 Posted by Knightfall225 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2960 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Even with the knowledge of Zehuti and Thoth I doubt it would compare to the knowledge doom has. And Adam does not have anything with prep that can harm doom with prep who can beat people above galactus

#13 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much prep for Doom.

#14 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

BA stomps, more so with prep time

#15 Posted by WarBlade539 (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done and Doom wins with prep.

#16 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Spideysense44 (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225 said:

@fallschirmjager: @geno: @the_red_viper: @spideysense44: keep in mind that Black Adam has the wisdom of Gods and that should not be underestimated

Not going to help him. Doom's one of those people you really don't wanna give prep time to.

DOOM!DOOM!DOOM! Lol but yea Dr.Doom takes this man with prep he is just outstanding you never want to face him with prep its like giving Superman the Infinity Gauntlet

#18 Posted by DarkRaiden (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom takes it prep or no prep.

#19 Posted by RetconCrisis (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Even without prep, Constantine has outsmarted Lucifer Morningstar, who is really intelligent, without prep.

#20 Edited by Dratini1331 (6922 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Even with the knowledge of Zehuti and Thoth I doubt it would compare to the knowledge doom has. And Adam does not have anything with prep that can harm doom with prep who can beat people above galactus

Eh, I view it more as the knowledge is at least comparable, but it's more about how they use that knowledge. Doom is definitely, far and above the choice here for me though.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (38100 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is Doom. Doom wins.

#22 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom because of prep

#23 Posted by JwwProd (8457 posts) - - Show Bio

If Doom has prep prep he wins.

If not then Black Adam.

#24 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before.

#25 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis said:

@the_red_viper: Even without prep, Constantine has outsmarted Lucifer Morningstar, who is really intelligent, without prep.

True.

Bur WITH prep he can use the House of Mystery! Aha!

#26 Posted by bunt947 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

If Doom has knowledge of what Black Adam can do, then he takes it.

#27 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom

Black Adam has no way to over-whelm Doom's shields which have withstood punishment far beyond anything BA could muster.

#28 Edited by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

#30 Posted by Joygirl (18058 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know what... Adam. He's faced mad scientists before, lots of 'em, and he broke through their shields. If he knows what Doom is capable of he'll just throw an asteroid or something at Latveria. Prep is nice but this still comes down to an actual battle, not "Adam sips tea at home while Doom enacts his plan". It's gonna end up being face-to-face, only Adam is far faster and capable of tossing a moon at Doom.

#31 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Y'know what... Adam. He's faced mad scientists before, lots of 'em, and he broke through their shields. If he knows what Doom is capable of he'll just throw an asteroid or something at Latveria. Prep is nice but this still comes down to an actual battle, not "Adam sips tea at home while Doom enacts his plan". It's gonna end up being face-to-face, only Adam is far faster and capable of tossing a moon at Doom.

Since when has Adam toss moons around? Furthermore Dooms shields >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever mad scientist shields BA has encountered before. Dooms withstood IG Thanos and the Beyonder. BA is not even in the same universe as those two with regards to power output.

#32 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

I'm actually going to side with this. No matter what he "prep" he will still have to have something to hurt Black Adam, who can simply destroy the planet if he realizes the amount of prep Doom has. Black Adam has superspeed meaning that whatever he does, he can do with in a second and make it seem like an hour.

#33 Edited by Wolverine08 (38100 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Since when has Adam toss moons around? Furthermore Dooms shields >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever mad scientist shields BA has encountered before. Dooms withstood IG Thanos and the Beyonder. BA is not even in the same universe as those two with regards to power output.

Yup.

#34 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@joygirl said:

I'm actually going to side with this. No matter what he "prep" he will still have to have something to hurt Black Adam, who can simply destroy the planet if he realizes the amount of prep Doom has. Black Adam has superspeed meaning that whatever he does, he can do with in a second and make it seem like an hour.

When has BA destroyed an Earth sized planet on panel?

#35 Posted by DarkRaiden (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

LOL what? Doom? The guy who's taken on and injured Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Molecule Man? Of course he can hurt Black Adam. That's ridiculous (yes I have scans). Black Adam's not more durable then they are. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

#36 Posted by Joygirl (18058 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: The shield Egg Fu put up was designed to withstand an asteroid of cataclysmic proportions, "like the one that killed the dinosaurs" (lolwriting), and Adam tore through it like tissue paper. Power Girl was also totally unable to break through the same shields and she lifted Manhattan. So I'd say Adam can likely lift a moon or large asteroid.

#37 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@cable_extreme said:

@joygirl said:

LOL what? Doom? The guy who's taken on and injured Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Molecule Man? Of course he can hurt Black Adam. That's ridiculous (yes I have scans). Black Adam's not more durable then they are. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Are you aware of black adam? He surpasses superman taking on multiple superman level people. And what can doom do about his speed, and magic blast ect? He can blast/hit doom thousands of times a second before Doom has a chance to react, if he planned on doing so.

#38 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

To be fair, the beyonder was wanting to see what would happen. Don't put him in the same league....Or even close.

#39 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, the beyonder was wanting to see what would happen. Don't put him in the same league....Or even close.

I never put Doom in the same league as Beyonder, rather was pointing out just how durable Doom's shields are.

#40 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

I never put Doom in the same league as Beyonder, rather was pointing out just how durable Doom's shields are.

You are telling me that IG Thanos, and the Beyonder cannot break through Dooms shields?

#41 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

You are telling me that IG Thanos, and the Beyonder cannot break through Dooms shields?

Never said that. However Doom's shields withstood their power and kept Doom alive. In both cases his shields did go down, but withstanding that sort of power is still a very good feat.

#42 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

Never said that. However Doom's shields withstood their power and kept Doom alive. In both cases his shields did go down, but withstanding that sort of power is still a very good feat.

Yeah, but how can we tell the amount of force it took to break it isn't something that BA has? If someone stronger than BA couldn't break it, it would be one thing, but there is no way to gage that.

#43 Edited by DarkRaiden (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@darkraiden said:

@cable_extreme said:

@joygirl said:

Are you aware of black adam? He surpasses superman taking on multiple superman level people. And what can doom do about his speed, and magic blast ect? He can blast/hit doom thousands of times a second before Doom has a chance to react, if he planned on doing so.

1. He's not above Superman. At all. They're even at best, Supes trumps him at worst.

2. Doom absorbs magic, has auto shields for speed, and his armor can take Black Adam's best anyways. Yeah, his armor.

3. Black Adam doesn't even speed blitz often

4. What can Black Adam do about Doom absorbing/stripping his powers, stopping or going back in time, hitting him with anti-matter, blasts that took out Adam Warlock, hurt Thor, took out Hulk, took out Sentry.

5. Doom has reacted to high speed people before, Torch, Iron Man, Sentry, Thor, Surfer (who btw he beats every time), and Adam Warlock specifically trying to speed blitz him. It didn't work.

Doom would lay down Adam with or w/o prep, it just depends on how bad you want the fight to go.

@green_skaar said:

@cable_extreme said:

Yeah, but how can we tell the amount of force it took to break it isn't something that BA has? If someone stronger than BA couldn't break it, it would be one thing, but there is no way to gage that.

He had forcefields (he used offensively) that Hulk couldn't break through, Torch went Nova and he was unharmed, Mjolnir failed to do any damage before (aka stronger than Adam), and he was once hit into orbit and the didn't feel the hit thanks to his defenses. Adam's not breaking the forcefield, certainly not before Doom puts him down.

#44 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6857 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty sure with prep, Doom could just change Adam back into his human form like he did to Skaar.

Also, Doom's power draining device should work with no problem. It's part of his standard gear and has worked on many different types of energy before (cosmic, magical, psionic, etc.).

If he can drain Nightmare's energy, then I don't see why Black Adam would be a problem.

#45 Posted by Noone301994 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by RogueShadow (9795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

#47 Posted by DarkRaiden (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty sure with prep, Doom could just change Adam back into his human form like he did to Skaar.

Also, Doom's power draining device should work with no problem. It's part of his standard gear and has worked on many different types of energy before (cosmic, magical, psionic, etc.).

If he can drain Nightmare's energy, then I don't see why Black Adam would be a problem.

Got a scan for that? It'd be....useful to me. Maybe the name of the comic if you don't have that.

#48 Posted by darkseid1006 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: do they know they will be fighting each other or just know about the war

#49 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

He said Doom will be preping for war not Adam. Adam ftw.

#50 Posted by darkseid1006 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: i don't see why black adam cant get in the BLACK MARVEL TEAM and all their allies e.g. shazam shazam Jr
if you don't know the team it consists of;BLACK ADAM,ISIS,MARY MARVEL,OSIRIS,SOBEC lots of which have powers on par or nearly so with black adams and doom dosnt have to know about these nor does he know about black adam he will get destroyed