• 85 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

----------------------------------

- All feats allowed

- In character

- Battlefield: Mars

- No equipment

- Start 1 mile away

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#3 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Black Adam, but I would like to see a case made for Atrocitus.

#4 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye bye Atrocitus...

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: Before Atrocitus got his power ring (which he created, along with the entire battery for) he killed Manhunters and Guardians with his bare hands.

Among other things, but those are his biggest feats. With the ring he later stalemated Stormwatch. With his Corps he was getting the upper hand on the GL Corps AND Sinestro Corps at the same time.

I've rattled off feats for him in some other threads, he is a viable threat.

#6 Posted by Oni_Bane (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam FTW.

#7 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Is his speed, strength, & durability comparable to Black Adam on panel?

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: He was able to brawl with Apollo. So probably. His power level isn't that well-defined so you kinda gotta just go with what he's accomplished. I heard he fought Lobo too but I haven't read that yet, I think I'm coming up on it.

#9 Posted by Oni_Bane (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam fought MM, Powergirl, Supergirl, 2 GLs, Flash(jay), Donna Troy, Hawkgirl and many many more, all at the same time. I believe he wins this.

#10 Edited by Killemall (18477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Joygirl: Is his speed, strength, & durability comparable to Black Adam on panel?

Not really, although he is really strong. I think people tend to often miss this but he is yet to defeat a popular character on panel, he definitely got the better of Kyle in a short fight they had during Red Lantern 13 but that is about it.

He did kill few Manhunters like Joygirl mentioned during Red Lantern 0, but most of this took place off panel.

Him stalemating stormwatch includes him fighting only 2 powerhouses Appolo and Martian Manhunter, the new 52 counterparts, none of whom have much of a feat to go by, and he never KOed anyone there. But to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was weakened to being with.

A commonly overlooked feats, without his red lantern ring, he has held his own, albiet for a short time, against 2 bonofied green lantern, but like before he never beat any of them and the fight ended with a bigger threat coming into the picture, i.e. Black Hand.

He has only lost few fights. He was one shotted by Hal Jordan juiced up on 2 rings, green and blue, and while blue supercharges green, green supercharges blue, they are also sort of the weakness for Red Lantern ring.

He was killed by the Black Lanterns who ripped his heart out, it was nice to see him fight for a very short time after his heart being ripped out, and was later brough back to life during The Brightest Day.

He also lost a fight with his son, so to speak, someone who he created to be a part of his corps and the creation called him his father, while he was distracted and got stabbed.

Now while his feats are indeed impressive, its hard to make a case that he would beat a bonofied powerhouse in the class of Black Adam. Not to mention Black Adam has 2 grand feat thats very hard to compete. World War 3, he solos JLA/ JSA (which were devoid of most of the most popular heavy hitters like Captain Atom, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman :p ) and fight most of DC hereos, while it was clearly stated the reason he did so well was because he was going all out while the other were holding back, this by itself is much better than what Atroticus has achieved. Another of such grand feat would be JSA: The Dark Reign, where he fights and holds his own against the entire JSA and the fights ends without him getting knocked out and looking better of most members of the JSA.

I think as long as you go by feats and not much hyperbole its very hard to make a case for Atrocitus over Black Adam.

Do let me know, if you would like to see any of the feats i have mentioned above.

Hope this helps

#11 Posted by logy5000 (5713 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam.

#12 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#13 Posted by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam destroys.

#14 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

after a tough fight i see Black Adam coming out on top .

#15 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#16 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus. He's a high end lantern.

#17 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Bump.

Why did you bump this? It's a 3 month old thread where everybody agreed that Black Adam would win.

#18 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: Because I'm still not sure I buy it. in New Guardians 13 he dominates Kyle Rayner and shatters Carol's constructs without effort.

#19 Edited by Dextersinister (5922 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read Red Lanterns for a couple of issues but he could do it in a good fight, he is portrayed as a powerhouse in the series with no one giving him trouble until he's weakened.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Nobody really gave him trouble after he was weakened. Weakened was when he manhandled Stormwatch.

#21 Posted by beautifulrevery (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam takes this definitively

#22 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: Against the guy who kills Guardians without powers, built a power battery by himself, shatters Carol Ferris's constructs, curbstomps Kyle Rayner, stomps Bleez, throws down with Stormwatch, was about to bring the GLC to its knees before the Blue Lanterns (his secret weakness) showed up, and was handing Larfleeze his ass until Sinestro AND Hal pulled him off?

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Atrocitus. He's a high end lantern.

So is Hal, and John, and Kyle, but Black Adam would still blow through them.

#24 Posted by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam ftw

#25 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Atrocitus is leagues above Hal, John, and Kyle.

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Atrocitus is leagues above Hal, John, and Kyle.

Maybe separately, but together I'm not so sure. especially with Black Adam there. and Hal wrote the book on slaughtering Guardians even though his ring had a built in fail safe that was supposed to prevent that very thing.

#27 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus is cool, but Black Adam probably has this.

#28 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Atrocitus tortured and killed guardians without a power ring at all.

#29 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@uberhikari: Because I'm still not sure I buy it. in New Guardians 13 he dominates Kyle Rayner and shatters Carol's constructs without effort.

It's not as one sided as people are making it out to be. Check out his respect thread. Atrocitus just bonded with one of the Inversions (high end mystic).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t572423.html

#30 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Needlebay said:

Atrocitus. He's a high end lantern.

So is Hal, and John, and Kyle, but Black Adam would still blow through them.

Hal or Kyle along would give Adam a good fight. What feats suggest otherwise?

#31 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: Adam has one big feat where he handles a lot of A-listers at once. Though I don't see it being all that much more impressive than Atrocitus, weakened, handling Apollo, Midnighter, and MMH, or handling Larfleeze, Sinestro, Hal and Carol all at once.

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Atrocitus tortured and killed guardians without a power ring at all.

really? truly badass. although rookie Hal did beat and unarmed Atrocitus .

#33 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Didn't see that, but I haven't read every GL book.

Though we all know that Atrocitus w/ ring thrashed Hal in RotRL.

#34 Posted by beautifulrevery (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@beautifulrevery: Against the guy who kills Guardians without powers, built a power battery by himself, shatters Carol Ferris's constructs, curbstomps Kyle Rayner, stomps Bleez, throws down with Stormwatch, was about to bring the GLC to its knees before the Blue Lanterns (his secret weakness) showed up, and was handing Larfleeze his ass until Sinestro AND Hal pulled him off?

Short answer, yes. Long answer BA is a Superman level character who doesn't hold back. He'd shatter GL and has shattered GL constructs easily. He has plowed through the entire league and would plow through most lanterns without much issue. Yes he did kill Guardians without his ring but that doesn't mean he didn't have some form of super strength/durability before he go the ring. The Daxamite GL has Superman level powers and a GL ring so just because he didn't have his ring doesn't make him weak.

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus gets a new member. Red Lantern Adam

Online
#36 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal has feats where he has taken on several Justice League members and even beating someone like Lobo. Pretty much all high end tiers have those types of feats. Hell, Hal just had one of the biggest feats recently. The Krona buster, which would floor Adam.

#37 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both my favorite character Atrocitus is very powerful and with his ring can do some damage but Black Adam is very strong and is very durable im not sure ho wins this

#38 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Atrocitus is leagues above Hal, John, and Kyle.

No he is not, Until feats are shown otherwised. Don't show the fight of him stalemating StormWatch, because i've already seen it, and I don't find it that impressive, seeing as Apollo, and Martian Manhunter have basically no feats. Hal Jordan has stomped Mongul before, and held his own with powerful beings. When Atroticus has feats like that, show me. Kyle is basically equal to Hal. And John is a step down.

#39 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Didn't see that, but I haven't read every GL book.

it was in Secret Origin. Most of it took place with Hal and Sinestro being depowered as well

Though we all know that Atrocitus w/ ring thrashed Hal in RotRL.

Not really. I have my copy out right now and they never actually fight. Hal is blasted by Laira when he tries to reason with her , and then gets sneak attacked by Laira and a couple of other Red Lanterns on ysmault. the only actual combat between Hal and Atrocitus is where Blue/Green/Red Lantern Hal pulls him off Sinestro. Then Hal's Red ring explodes and thats pretty much the end of it : P

#40 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Give me a second.

#41 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Atrocitus is leagues above Hal, John, and Kyle.

No he is not, Until feats are shown otherwised. Don't show the fight of him stalemating StormWatch, because i've already seen it, and I don't find it that impressive, seeing as Apollo, and Martian Manhunter have basically no feats. Hal Jordan has stomped Mongul before, and held his own with powerful beings. When Atroticus has feats like that, show me. Kyle is basically equal to Hal. And John is a step down.

Atrocitus has fought Saint Walker, Hal, and Sinestro at once. It wasn't conclusive, but shows that Hal or Sinestro couldn't put him down. This was before he bonded with the Inversion, IIRC.

#42 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I can't deal with this site sometimes. You guys are using one feat to comprehned a whole characters power level. What has Atroticus done that, makes hiim so impressive, or Black Adam can't replicate? The guy has taken on Superman, Captain Marvel, and most of the times has the upper hand. Heck he took on the whole JSA, and if I remember correctly he was ranked higher in comics than even Superman. ( Can't remember what hero said it ).

#43 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you even bother looking at his respect thread? He's taken on Sinestro and Hal WITHOUT the red ring. He's taken on Stormwatch (WHILE WEAKENED), which included Martian Manhunter. We've actually seen a page of Martian Manhunter taking on the league by himself and no sold Apollo, who is classified as Superman level.

#44 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

This is why I can't deal with this site sometimes. You guys are using one feat to comprehned a whole characters power level. What has Atroticus done that, makes hiim so impressive, or Black Adam can't replicate? The guy has taken on Superman, Captain Marvel, and most of the times has the upper hand. Heck he took on the whole JSA, and if I remember correctly he was ranked higher in comics than even Superman. ( Can't remember what hero said it ).

has Black Adam incinerated space before? Because Atrocitus has.

#45 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: He bonded with the Inversion before he created the Power Battery. Still uploading images of him destroying Kyle.

#46 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

The Inversion should add to Atrocitus's power, which has shown to be huge so far.

#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Give me a second.

Alright.

@Joygirl said:

@beautifulrevery: Against the guy who kills Guardians without powers, built a power battery by himself, shatters Carol Ferris's constructs, curbstomps Kyle Rayner, stomps Bleez, throws down with Stormwatch, was about to bring the GLC to its knees before the Blue Lanterns (his secret weakness) showed up, and was handing Larfleeze his ass until Sinestro AND Hal pulled him off?

Was Green Lanterns rectoned in New 52?

#48 Edited by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Nope, it continues from War of Tthe Green Lanterns

#49 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

@jeanroygrant said:

This is why I can't deal with this site sometimes. You guys are using one feat to comprehned a whole characters power level. What has Atroticus done that, makes hiim so impressive, or Black Adam can't replicate? The guy has taken on Superman, Captain Marvel, and most of the times has the upper hand. Heck he took on the whole JSA, and if I remember correctly he was ranked higher in comics than even Superman. ( Can't remember what hero said it ).

has Black Adam incinerated space before? Because Atrocitus has.

BS, let me see this

#50 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Atrocitus is leagues above Hal, John, and Kyle.

No he is not, Until feats are shown otherwised. Don't show the fight of him stalemating StormWatch, because i've already seen it, and I don't find it that impressive, seeing as Apollo, and Martian Manhunter have basically no feats. Hal Jordan has stomped Mongul before, and held his own with powerful beings. When Atroticus has feats like that, show me. Kyle is basically equal to Hal. And John is a step down.

Atrocitus has fought Saint Walker, Hal, and Sinestro at once. It wasn't conclusive, but shows that Hal or Sinestro couldn't put him down. This was before he bonded with the Inversion, IIRC.

Black Adam took on JLA/JSA..

@dondave said:

@jeanroygrant: Nope, it continues from War of Tthe Green Lanterns

Okay thanks