Team 1. Adam wreks Superman then helps Hal to kill Kyle

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

Team 1. Hal is the strong link, though Adam has went toe-to-toe with Superman.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sy8000

Morals off? Hal solos. He makes planets of Kryptonite and then TP's Kyle, who has never resisted that before.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle and Supes

Supes beats Adam

Kyle beats Hal

If I'm wrong, prove it

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lord44
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jacthripper: Adam and Superman already fought, it was pretty even but seemingly Adam was stronger.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lord44
Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Morals off? Hal solos. He makes planets of Kryptonite and then TP's Kyle, who has never resisted that before.

Will he have the chance to? Superman could speedblitz him.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

Will he have the chance to? Superman could speedblitz him.

Hal has reaction speed at least as good as his. He tagged Zoom while in motion, managed to put a construct in front of a blitzing parallax possesed flash, and later trap him in a construct. Hal's restrained professor Zoom. Pieface, who had no experience with the ring was able to stop a point blank blitzing Flash.

Green lanterns actually have BETTER reaction speed than superman IMO.

Ohgma_Infinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adam could solo

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you think he Hal's TP is better than Kyle's ?

Hal has reaction speed at least as good as his. He tagged Zoom while in motion, managed to put a construct in front of a blitzing parallax possesed flash, and later trap him in a construct. Hal's restrained professor Zoom. Pieface, who had no experience with the ring was able to stop a point blank blitzing Flash.

Superman moves faster than thought, so basically he should speedblitz Hal before he can react. Even if he manages to create a construct before getting speedblitzed, it would only distract Superman for a moment. Also has Hal ever created Kryptonite before ?

I'm not trying to lowball Hal or anything, but I'm trying to prove that it won't be a that easy fight for either side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one. Hal>kyle and black Adam beats Superman

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord44 said:

Team 1. Adam wreks Superman then helps Hal to kill Kyle

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sy8000

@zeroplus said:

@highaccuser said:

Superman moves faster than thought, so basically he should speedblitz Hal before he can react. Even if he manages to create a construct before getting speedblitzed, it would only distract Superman for a moment. Also has Hal ever created Kryptonite before ?

I'm not trying to lowball Hal or anything, but I'm trying to prove that it won't be a that easy fight for either side.

1. I don't, but Kyle has only ever used TP offensively. White Martians(who are about a tenth the telepath MMH is) were able to mind control him, while Hal has defended himself from Martain Manhunter.

2. Hal reacts far faster than thought. It's a complete misconception he only reacts at the speed of thought.

And that guy had no experience with the ring.

3. Hal hasn't made Kryptonite post-crisis, but he has given Pieface instructions on doing so and stated he knows superman knows he can. Kyle has also made Kryptonite.

There's also that Hal beat Superman rather easily with nothing but raw power once.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@zeroplus: Kyle hasnt shown telepathy, as far as i am aware. And even when we say telepathy, Green Lantern are capable of mind-wiping (i.e. erasing memories of a certain event or events from people mind). I am not entirely sure how that is considered as a win (since the affected part is neither knocked out, nor unable to continue fighting), but perhaps someone can explain that to me.

@frozen said:

Why would Hal be the strong link when Kyle has just as impressive feat (if not vastly more so) and is sporting a special lantern ring, the only one that doesnt run out of energy with the given 24 hrs limit.

Kyle feat of holding a entire solar system with a construct, overloading a central battery and blowing it up alongside Oa, holding his own against Parallax (Hal) who then went on to defeat a Justice League team despite having Ganthet help, shielding the team from light year wide anti matter wave that just erased a solar system, making a construct capable of shielding the moon and trapping crime syndicate including Ultraman inside, despite them spending last few hours trying to break through etc really stands out compared to any other Green Lanterns , Hal included (barring his killing Krona feat which to me is outright weird, he defeated a guardian with green energy, when the guy was controlling the very embodiment of green energy.... sort of like drowning an ocean by throwing a bucket of water, but meh who am i to comment in regards to on panel feats).

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hal

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By New_World_Order
ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondave

@killemall: Hal can drain Kyle's ring. It's one of his contingencies.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By reaverlation

Team 2

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@killemall: Hal can drain Kyle's ring. It's one of his contingencies.

Is that even possible given Kyle with his ring, in GL Vol 3 # 0, when to Oa, over-loaded the very central battery of OA, and got it to explode which destroyed the planet as well?

Hal ring should not reasonable be able to absorb more energy that GL central battery on OA.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Experio

@zeroplus: Kyle holds off (or defeats Hal) long enough for Superman to put down Adam for a 2 on 1

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I'm not at my laptop at the moment but it was in Green Lantern Last Will and Legacy of Hal Jordan

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZeroPlus

@experio said:

@zeroplus: Kyle holds off (or defeats Hal) long enough for Superman to put down Adam for a 2 on 1

Why do you think Kyle would hold off or defeat Hal ?

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: @zeroplus: Kyle hasnt shown telepathy, as far as i am aware. And even when we say telepathy, Green Lantern are capable of mind-wiping (i.e. erasing memories of a certain event or events from people mind). I am not entirely sure how that is considered as a win (since the affected part is neither knocked out, nor unable to continue fighting), but perhaps someone can explain that to me.

Kyle has used telepathy against Superman and Batman before. Pieface TP'd superman under Hal's instruction despite complete lack of training or experience.

I personally agree with you that Kyle has vastly superior feats, but he doesn't have as much training and likely can't use the full capabilities of the ring. In addition, he's never defended himself from telepathy while Hal has, so he should get mind-raped.

Basically, Kyle is more powerful but Hal is more verse.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Adam has went toe-to-toe with Superman.

Adam didn't hold back. Superman did. Morals off Superman would wreck Adam.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@super_buck said:

@frozen said:

Adam has went toe-to-toe with Superman.

Adam didn't hold back. Superman did. Morals off Superman would wreck Adam.

...Superman was more aggressive, he actually states he was not holding back as much.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Sure, but in the sense that Spider-Man needs to hit Wolverine harder than Captain America. Superman was still holding back because of his morals.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

@super_buck: No morals Teth pulled of WW3, though many consider it PIS, it clearly seemed out of Superman reach, arguably. Teth didn't seem aggressive against Superman.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Experio
RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how the images for the characters on each team are similar to each other.

With that creative admiration said, I think team Blal Jordam wins.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Eh, someone noticed it, I spend some time trying to find those pictures.

@killemall: @zeroplus: Kyle hasnt shown telepathy, as far as i am aware. And even when we say telepathy, Green Lantern are capable of mind-wiping (i.e. erasing memories of a certain event or events from people mind). I am not entirely sure how that is considered as a win (since the affected part is neither knocked out, nor unable to continue fighting), but perhaps someone can explain that to me.

Kyle has used telepathy against Superman and Batman before. Pieface TP'd superman under Hal's instruction despite complete lack of training or experience.

I personally agree with you that Kyle has vastly superior feats, but he doesn't have as much training and likely can't use the full capabilities of the ring. In addition, he's never defended himself from telepathy while Hal has, so he should get mind-raped.

If Hal's ring can defend him from mental attacks, then Kyle's should as well, Hal's ring isn't special...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@retconcrisis: Eh, someone noticed it, I spend some time trying to find those pictures.

If Hal's ring can defend him from mental attacks, then Kyle's should as well, Hal's ring isn't special...

Again, Kyle doesn't have training. His ring can defend him from TP, he just doesn't know that.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: It isn't something he should know, his ring should defend him from TP even without him knowing.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Clark outmatched Adam in every possible way

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

It isn't something he should know, his ring should defend him from TP even without him knowing.

The ring doesn't have auto shields for everything...just physical force.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hal mindrapes Clark and turns this battle into a 3v1.Kyle loses

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@highaccuser said:

1. I don't, but Kyle has only ever used TP offensively. White Martians(who are about a tenth the telepath MMH is) were able to mind control him, while Hal has defended himself from Martain Manhunter.

2. Hal reacts far faster than thought. It's a complete misconception he only reacts at the speed of thought.

And that guy had no experience with the ring.

3. Hal hasn't made Kryptonite post-crisis, but he has given Pieface instructions on doing so and stated he knows superman knows he can. Kyle has also made Kryptonite.

There's also that Hal beat Superman rather easily with nothing but raw power once.

You stated that Hal had no experience with the ring, yet his ring could block Martian Manhunter's TP. Kyle should know about it as well.

Hal mindrapes Clark and turns this battle into a 3v1.Kyle loses

Not sure about that Kryptonians have strong minds.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus:

You stated that Hal had no experience with the ring, yet his ring could block Martian Manhunter's TP. Kyle should know about it as well.

It wasn't Hal, it was Pieface under Hal's instructions.

Not sure about that Kryptonians have strong minds.

Pieface mind raped him. All it took was a little Kryptonite to get past his defenses.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically, Hal should beat Kyle by dueling records... but Kyle has much better feats of ability.

Black Adam and Superman are about equal.

If this were a CAV battle, Team 2 consistently wins.