dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

No Caption Provided

Birds of Prey: Black Canary, Huntress, Hawk, Dove, Lady Blackhawk, Katana, Manhunter. All Current with standard equipment.
Deathstroke: Prometheum Mesh Suit, Prometheum Sword, 1x Desert Eagle, 1x M4A1 Carbine.

Rules: Birds of Prey get 30 minutes prep time. Slade gets no prep time. Morals on. Elimination by KO or Kill.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

This fight already happened once in the comics. I don't remember all the details, but basically Slade was thrashing them around until Dinah used a distraction to get in close and slash the tendons in his legs or something. Slade then had a chance of either retreating or being screamed into Kingdom Come. He chose wisely. 

Now while that fight was filled with plot and all, he was only fighting Canary, Huntress and Lady Blackhawk. I don't know if he can handle the addition of four more members, especially Hawk and Dove.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786
@AtPhantom said:
" This fight already happened once in the comics. I don't remember all the details, but basically Slade was thrashing them around until Dinah used a distraction to get in close and slash the tendons in his legs or something. Slade then had a chance of either retreating or being screamed into Kingdom Come. He chose wisely.   Now while that fight was filled with plot and all, he was only fighting Canary, Huntress and Lady Blackhawk. I don't know if he can handle the addition of four more members, especially Hawk and Dove. "
You also have an avatar requesting battle forum mods huh? I wonder how many others have them.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane
@AtPhantom said:
" This fight already happened once in the comics. I don't remember all the details, but basically Slade was thrashing them around until Dinah used a distraction to get in close and slash the tendons in his legs or something. Slade then had a chance of either retreating or being screamed into Kingdom Come. He chose wisely.   Now while that fight was filled with plot and all, he was only fighting Canary, Huntress and Lady Blackhawk. I don't know if he can handle the addition of four more members, especially Hawk and Dove. "
Interesting and some good points. 

My major question would be: Did Gail Simone write that fight?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FinalStar86
@Dane:@AtPhantom: yeah...care to explain the forum mod request?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dane said:
" My major question would be: Did Gail Simone write that fight? "
LOL.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrDirector786
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Dane said:
" My major question would be: Did Gail Simone write that fight? "
LOL. "
Morph, even YOU are sporting an avatar requesting battle forum mods now? What is going on? Why did no one inform me of this meme?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86: It's highly self explanatory.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@MrDirector786 said:
"Morph, even YOU are sporting an avatar requesting battle forum mods now? What is going on? Why did no one inform me of this meme? "
There was no formal invitation to begin with. Anyone who agrees with the request is free to use such an avatar.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
@Dane said:
"My major question would be: Did Gail Simone write that fight? "
Of course. Hence my "filled with plot" statement.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FinalStar86
@Morpheus_: What I mean is, what caused it?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dane
@AtPhantom said:
" @Dane said:
"My major question would be: Did Gail Simone write that fight? "
Of course. Hence my "filled with plot" statement. "
I thought as much. Well, assume the battle takes place as written by someone more balanced.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Morpheus_: What I mean is, what caused it? "
The need for more moderation in the battles forum.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrDirector786
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Morpheus_: What I mean is, what caused it? "
I have a feeling it had something to do with the bumpings of the Wonder Woman vs Goku thread, the Vegito vs Superman thread, and some other DBZ threads as well as the incredulous and uncontrollable bias of MrBobDobalina causing flame wars.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FinalStar86
@MrDirector786:  Really..instead of mods they should just put in an ignore function and be done with it. 
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dane

I don't read non-comic book threads so I'm not wearing this for any of those reasons.

In other news, it's actually against the rules to make a non-comic book thread here. The rule has never been enforced so no one actually knows that. Hence, we need battle forum mods.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FinalStar86
@Dane:  Yeah but what exactly would be a non comic book character? A character who has never appeared in a comic book? Or a character that isn't regularly a comic book.  A lot of popular video games get comic book adaptations, manga is technically a comic book also so those DBZ and anime related threads would be allowed technically. 
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86: That's simply not true. Manga is Manga. They don't call them comics in Japan or anywhere else. Just being in print doesn't make it a comic. Also, there's a little site called "Anime Vice". There's literally a link at the bottom of the page most of the time. I don't think that excuses the fact that the battle forums can be flooded with Anime-related threads and not a single person does anything, ever, about it.

What is the point of having rules if they are never enforced?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom

Meh. Personally, some of the most enjoyable threads I've been in were non comics. I don't mind them, so long as they are made and debated with taste.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FinalStar86
@Dane said:
" @FinalStar86: That's simply not true. Manga is Manga. They don't call them comics in Japan or anywhere else. Just being in print doesn't make it a comic. Also, there's a little site called "Anime Vice". There's literally a link at the bottom of the page most of the time. I don't think that excuses the fact that the battle forums can be literally flooded with Anime-related threads and not a single person does anything, ever, about it.  What is the point of having rules if they are literally never enforced? "
Their only different in name and style [like reading them backwards] their essentially the same thing, just like those cartoon strips in the Sunday paper are still technically comics.  

You're right about Animevice but as someone who's spent a considerable amount of time there, that place is a cesspool and I honestly don't blame anime fans that hop over here. I don't like the flood of anime related threads, especially with Goku vs Superman or some DBZ related crap. There is a link on the bottom of the screen for Giant Bomb too but we still get tons of video game character related threads also.

There is no point in having rules that are never enforced, I will agree with you on that
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sexy_merc
@FinalStar86: GiantBomb doesn't have a battle thread section if I recall correctly.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86: Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional Video Game or Anime-themed thread, but we just have way too many and a lot don't involve any comic book characters at all. 

Goku vs Naruto should be on Anime Vice, regardless of the state that site is in and we are not short on those kind of threads by a long shot.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FinalStar86
@AtPhantom said:
" Meh. Personally, some of the most enjoyable threads I've been in were non comics. I don't mind them, so long as they are made and debated with taste. "
Exactly, I don't mind anime or video game related threads as long as their actually enjoyable
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FinalStar86
@Dane said:
" @FinalStar86: Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional Video Game or Anime-themed thread, but we just have way too many and a lot don't involve any comic book characters at all.   Goku vs Naruto should be on Anime Vice, regardless of the state that site is in and we are not short on those kind of threads by a long shot. "
Agreed, I think one of the biggest problems with anime threads is that they always turn into Goku or some DBZ related character vs {insert} character.  Doesn't matter which characters are in the thread its going to end up like that
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Dane said:
" @FinalStar86: Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional Video Game or Anime-themed thread, but we just have way too many and a lot don't involve any comic book characters at all.   Goku vs Naruto should be on Anime Vice, regardless of the state that site is in and we are not short on those kind of threads by a long shot. "
Agreed, I think one of the biggest problems with anime threads is that they always turn into Goku or some DBZ related character vs {insert} character.  Doesn't matter which characters are in the thread its going to end up like that "

It's unfortunate and most of the time the Universes the characters come from are just too incompatible with each other and with DC/Marvel characters.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrDirector786
@Morpheus_:@Dane:@AtPhantom:  I have now joined you guys in having an avatar demanding Battle forum mods... but mine doesn't have transparent letters... aw well.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dane
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Morpheus_:@Dane:@AtPhantom:  I have now joined you guys in having an avatar demanding Battle forum mods... but mine doesn't have transparent letters... aw well. "
You don't need transparency to get the message across.