Binary Ms. Marvel vs. Thor

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thanatic

if she goes binary and absorbs massive amounts of energy she could beat the mighty thor

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

I would lean towards Thor. At least against old-school Binary. What's her best feats in her more recent Binary incarnations?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Binary is a planet buster. But she still loses to Thor. Any energy projection blast sent at him will be absorbed and fired back normally or 10 or 100 times stronger.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By protectyournose

Still Thor.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By charlieboy

I think Thor would probably win this.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Floopay

@jeanroygrant said:

Binary is a planet buster. But she still loses to Thor. Any energy projection blast sent at him will be absorbed and fired back normally or 10 or 100 times stronger.

The problem is in Binary form she'd just absorb it right back. In an energy projection contest these two are at a stalemate....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spiderbuck1

Thor.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pooty

@Floopay: @jeanroygrant:

Binary has limits which i think Thor can surpass. Binary couldn't even absorb the energy of a star. Quasar had to save her during the Kree/Skrull war. Thor has absorbed the energy to erase 1/5th of the universe. Also, ms. marvel couldn't absorb the energy from Skadi which should be similar to Thor(being magic based).

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Floopay

@pooty said:

Binary has limits which i think Thor can surpass. Binary couldn't even absorb the energy of a star. Quasar had to save her during the Kree/Skrull war. Thor has absorbed the energy to erase 1/5th of the universe. Also, ms. marvel couldn't absorb the energy from Skadi which should be similar to Thor(being magic based).

This is true.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Floopaysaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

The problem is in Binary form she'd just absorb it right back. In an energy projection contest these two are at a stalemate....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thor is ahead of her, by a very large margin.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chiq

Thor. More versatile and better feats in similar categories

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

@pooty said:

Sorry for replying something so old, but its a little out of context.

While there is no doubt Quasar helped and even outperformed her [Binary specifically states Quasar's vortex was more powerful and he did most of the job] , the mission was not about absorbing a star but repairing it. It was the earth's sun that was clouded by anti-matter and the star was about to die in a supernova (despite scientifically being too small to go supernova) and the earth would die with it. She never intended to absorb the star coz that would have totally killed everyone on earth but rather try to repair the star, by forming a white hole, and siphoning off the anti matter. That by itself doesn't show a limit on her ability to absorb energy.

Here are the scans in question from Quasar 34

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owiesaid:

I would lean towards Thor. At least against old-school Binary. What's her best feats in her more recent Binary incarnations?

Destroying a planet.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owiesaid:

Destroying a planet.

Well that's not so shabby then, eh?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

But the attack was energy based, which means Thor could just absorb the whole thing, and fire it back stronger.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

But the attack was energy based, which means Thor could just absorb the whole thing, and fire it back stronger.

True. Partly I'm just just saying that because I didn't know she was at that level. But also honestly Thor's energy absorption is sort of randomly used in the comics. Sometimes he absorbs energy attacks, sometimes he doesn't and he gets blasted full-on by somebody, often to real detrimental effect (say by Surfer, etc.). The ability is certainly there, but he's hardly 100% at using it in combat situations. We can call that PIS, but it's a fairly consistent inconsistency, if you will.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Thor because of strength and energy manipulation/absorption. Would be a good fight though.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

True. Partly I'm just just saying that because I didn't know she was at that level. But also honestly Thor's energy absorption is sort of randomly used in the comics. Sometimes he absorbs energy attacks, sometimes he doesn't and he gets blasted full-on by somebody, often to real detrimental effect (say by Surfer, etc.). The ability is certainly there, but he's hardly 100% at using it in combat situations. We can call that PIS, but it's a fairly consistent inconsistency, if you will.

True enough, but even if he doesn't absorb the attack, Thor can either tank the attack or even fire a stronger energy blast to counter it.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor wins

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Malevolent1

I understand that Binary is capable of FTL travel...does that translate to combat reaction time? Are there any feats/scans supporting such a notion?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By owie  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

True enough, but even if he doesn't absorb the attack, Thor can either tank the attack or even fire a stronger energy blast to counter it.

True. His durability is probably going to be higher than hers, which might be the ultimate factor. Although her speed, as the guy above said, might be an issue. Still, I'd say Thor.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

True. His durability is probably going to be higher than hers, which might be the ultimate factor. Although her speed, as the guy above said, might be an issue. Still, I'd say Thor.

Thor is faster than light.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By owie  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

Eh, when it comes to reaction time and fighting, I don't really believe it. And really, even in travel speed, that's super rare. Carol, even in normal form, regularly utilizes ariel speed and especially agility in a way Thor very rarely does. She would fly circles around him. We don't have a location here, who knows if we're in space or a city or what, but Thor basically flies by throwing his hammer, that's not easy to adjust in mid-air. Although in recent years he is seen floating in mid air by himself, which is silly in my opinion. But in terms of everyday use of speed/agility, she's way above him.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

Eh, when it comes to reaction time and fighting, I don't really believe it. And really, even in travel speed, that's super rare. Carol, even in normal form, regularly utilizes ariel speed and especially agility in a way Thor very rarely does. She would fly circles around him. We don't have a location here, who knows if we're in space or a city or what, but Thor basically flies by throwing his hammer, that's not easy to adjust in mid-air. Although in recent years he is seen floating in mid air by himself, which is silly in my opinion. But in terms of everyday use of speed/agility, she's way above him.

Thor has recently out-raced Ego, flew to the sun very fast, blitzed pass Silver Surfer and bull-rushed Galactus, and is a confirmed lightspeeder, or 2 times speed of light to be more exact.

Plus Thor floating is not silly, 1 he is a god, and too he is the son of Gaea and Odin, which means nothing will be accuate with him. Carol's speed is not that fast in Thor's eyes, seeing as he has tagged speedsters like Hermes, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Gladiator, and ect.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By charlieboy

@jeanroygrant: do you have scans of him tagging these people while they are moving at super speed? I mean Thor has been blitzed by the Puma before.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chiq

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owiesaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

Destroying a planet.

Hmmm...You do have a point, if we are just comparing agility in the air or space, Binary might have the edge. I remember Cap complementing Carol's aerial maneuvers in the Avengers version of the Danger room. He said it was some of the finest he has seen. Thor usually travels in a straight line and either tanks or blocks blasts with his hammer.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@charlieboysaid:

@jeanroygrant: do you have scans of him tagging these people while they are moving at super speed? I mean Thor has been blitzed by the Puma before.

Stop saying Thor was blitzed, that was on land, and Thor is faster in the sky where this battle would obviously take place.

Yes, i do, but to lazy to find them

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By owie  Moderator

@chiq said:

Hmmm...You do have a point, if we are just comparing agility in the air or space, Binary might have the edge. I remember Cap complementing Carol's aerial maneuvers in the Avengers version of the Danger room. He said it was some of the finest he has seen. Thor usually travels in a straight line and either tanks or blocks blasts with his hammer.

Right, that's what I mean.

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor has recently out-raced Ego, flew to the sun very fast, blitzed pass Silver Surfer and bull-rushed Galactus, and is a confirmed lightspeeder, or 2 times speed of light to be more exact.

Plus Thor floating is not silly, 1 he is a god, and too he is the son of Gaea and Odin, which means nothing will be accuate with him. Carol's speed is not that fast in Thor's eyes, seeing as he has tagged speedsters like Hermes, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Gladiator, and ect.

I'm not saying he's not fast, I'm saying he's not aerially agile. I am still saying Thor wins, I don't think her speed will be so much overwhelming to him as it will be an extra challenge. But in terms of the floating, it used to be specifically the case that he couldn't fly, he could only throw his hammer and hang on. In recent years that seems to have been changed so that he can fly. Which I personally think is silly. How many other Asgardians can fly? We can pin it on Gaea I suppose, but I just see it as lazy writers who didn't read enough of the older comics and just assumed he had a power he actually didn't.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@chiq said:

Right, that's what I mean.

@jeanroygrant said:

I'm not saying he's not fast, I'm saying he's not aerially agile. I am still saying Thor wins, I don't think her speed will be so much overwhelming to him as it will be an extra challenge. But in terms of the floating, it used to be specifically the case that he couldn't fly, he could only throw his hammer and hang on. In recent years that seems to have been changed so that he can fly. Which I personally think is silly. How many other Asgardians can fly? We can pin it on Gaea I suppose, but I just see it as lazy writers who didn't read enough of the older comics and just assumed he had a power he actually didn't.

Or maybe he had it all along :p I joke

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By charlieboy

@jeanroygrant: Right he was bltized on land. And his travel speed due to his hammer is fast. Doesn't mean he has fast combat speed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanroygrant

@charlieboysaid:

@jeanroygrant: Right he was bltized on land. And his travel speed due to his hammer is fast. Doesn't mean he has fast combat speed.

Neither does Carol.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By charlieboy

@jeanroygrant: Carol has actually speedblitzed before.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Carol has actually speedblitzed before.

Who?

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By charlieboy

@jeanroygrant: She speedblitzed the Scorpion in her first appearance as Ms. Marvel. As Binary she is even faster. But even still I think that Thor wins. She is more agile and probably a little quicker but I don't think she has the power to drop him.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeanroygrant

@charlieboysaid:

@jeanroygrant: She speedblitzed the Scorpion in her first appearance as Ms. Marvel. As Binary she is even faster. But even still I think that Thor wins. She is more agile and probably a little quicker but I don't think she has the power to drop him.

Scorpion is not a hard person to speedblitz to be honest.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SheHulk528

@killemall: Just curious how did binary get outperformed by Quasar where in the 4th scan she says Binary did most of all the work.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Binary even says "Her work is Admirable but Not Enough.To save a star,someone with the power of a star is needed and that's me."

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps.

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SheHulk528

Binary specifically states Quasar's vortex was more powerful and she did most of the job!NOT TRUE!No where does it state this.

Quasar herself says she(Binary) did most of the work.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Thor but binary puts up a decent fight

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers