Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bilbo Baggins (From Hobbit)

No Caption Provided

vs

Samwise Gamgee

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Both have duplicate copies of the dagger (or sword for a hobbit) sting.
  • No armor.
  • Morals are off.
  • Start 6 feet away in plain sight.
  • No Prep

No Caption Provided

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bilbo wins hands down. Sam is a wuss.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tparks

@frozenphoenix: I don't know, out of all the hobbits, Sam has the most kills besides Bilbo. But Bilbo used the ring to get most of his kills. (At least in the book, don't know about the next two films). Also, Sam was worn away to almost nothing by the time he fought Shelob and all of the orcs in Mordor and he handled his opponents pretty soundly even in his much weakened state.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bilbo wins hands down. Sam is a wuss.

lol?

Bilbo is the wuss Sam actually fought and killed several orcs, Bilbo killed a single goblin.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenphoenix: I don't think Bilbo wins that easy or that Sam is a wuss. He is kind of an emotional cry baby, but not a wuss. Bilbo gets most of his kills while using the ring and no one can see him (at least in the book version, we'll see when the next two movies come out). Sam has the second most kills by far out of all of the hobbits. By the time Sam fended off Shelob and killed a bunch of orcs in Mordor, he was very weakened from a severe lack of food, sleep and water. He also walked a lot further then Bilbo did through much harsher environments with much less rest. Sam still held his own despite his much weakened condition when it came to fighting opponents who were stronger then he was.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

@tparks: Ah ok, never read The Hobbit. Was basing myself on emo movie version Sam.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenphoenix: Sorry for sending two almost identical responses. I think Comicvine's site was slow and wasn't posting any of my responses, so I typed it twice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Morals off Sam is actually pretty lethal. He takes it.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenphoenix: I think even movie Sam could take book Bilbo.

Sam in either medium has better feats while in harsher conditions. Sam is more of a fighter, while Bilbo is a trickster.

Bilbo was also scared of Smeagol, while Smeagol got beat up by Sam without a weapon. (I know Smeagol was trying to show Sam as a bad guy to fool Frodo, but I don't think Smeagol would be able to defend himself well against Sam in the first place.)

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#11 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The true hero of Lord of the Rings Samwise Gamgee

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam in a straight fight

Although Bilbo can just score an easy win if he uses the one ring.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samwise in a good battle.

Bilbo is more aggressive and tricky than Sam but when enraged (morals off), Sam has better showings/feats

But i think we can all agree Frodo is thee most pathetic of all the halflings. Bilbo/Samwise were the only 2 people to ware the one ring and willing give it up. Frodo had one job and still failed.......sorry, needed to vent that out lol

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inside

I would actually say that it wouldn't be a good fight, Sam would destroy him. He's bigger, stronger, a better fighter, a better swordsman, and is fearless. He's the person Bilbo wishes he could have been back in those days.

With morals on, I think Sam would spend time holding Bilbo back and trying to calm him down. I think a better match-up would be one of the Dwarves from "The Hobbit" vs Samwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sam is a much better fighter than Bilbo. Bilbo routinely avoids conflict whilst Sam has slughtered his way through a tower of orcs.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Sam, he is tougher in general and has no problems going against more than one enemy to achieve what he wants

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam is a better swordsman than Bilbo and I'd say arguably has fought off worse with less. Remember bilbos whole thing was having The Ring to avoid huge conflicts, Sam has fought plenty of goblins in Moria, Orcs, Gollum, etc.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Stalemate...I cant think of a single feat that puts one over the other.
  • Though Bilbo does get the slight edge since he has the One ring of power in his possession for momentary cloaking.
JohnMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnMountain

To be honest I think Bilbo did great himself killing Orcs during the Battle of Five Armies without the use of the One Ring. He held off an entire squadron before he was knocked out (using only rocks for Christ sake). I think he takes it, BIlbo is craftier but he's also way calmer in a fight. Sam was definitely a brave fighter but he kinda just jumped in there and was lucky to have survived. People are also overestimating Sam Beating Shelob feat. He was lucky that he had the light of Eliendel with him, that was like krpyptonite to Shelob

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He held off an entire squadron before he was knocked out (using only rocks for Christ sake).

Those scenes in the Hobbit trilogy (and some Legolas scenes in the Lord of the Rings) are a disgrace to JRR Tolkien's work.

SeanDevlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeanDevlin

Giving this to Bilbo because of his greater swordsmanship and mithril armor. Sam was pretty good with his sword but Bilbo had some training with the dwarves in using his blade better.

People kind of forgot that the reason why Sam manage to defeat Shelob was because he had the Light. Bilbo managed to wrestle and take down a Warg with only a sword in hand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Bilbo has the Ring, then he wins. If not, flip a coin.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam seems more aggressive when the time calls for it. What he did to Shelob was savage for a hobbit

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam is the man.

ZBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bilbo, maybe. The man has precious, precious armor too.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seandevlin: Er, and fought through a tower of Uruk-Hai on a narrow stairway, and the majority of the Shelob fight he was fighting her off mainly with his sword, even broke one of her legs in a sword-fight, and he did this while nearly malnourished.

The majority of Bilbo's fights were won through trickery of some kind, or the opponents were super far away. Other times he had help from the Dwarves.

Sam has fought through everything on his own, while malnourished, tired, and thirsty. If thats him on his bad day, you really have to think just how good he'd be on his GOOD day.

Sam wins.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zafros13

I would consider these two the two most powerful Hobbits.

I would give the win to Sam because he fought Shelob who is supposed to be of a godly race (however that may just be in the book)