DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pym Falls:

No Caption Provided

This battle takes place in Pym Falls, the resting place of an alternate reality Henry Pym. The city nearby is completely destroyed and has no tech or equipment to scavenge nor people to manipulate. Once the battle starts, you cannot leave a 10 mile radius regardless of powers due to ambient Pym Particle radiation making the area unstable. Those black dots are trees and the black lines are roads.

In Pym's belt buckle, there is a supply of Pym Particles sufficient for 1 person but the buckle is encrypted and will take 30 minutes to crack regardless of skills or powers.

Rules:

• No BFR is allowed but if you can manage to push someone into space who can't survive in space, it will work as expected.
  • No Tele-BFR or Dismemberment
  • Win is by Death, Incapacitation, or KO
  • Each team gets 5 minutes prep and basic info about the enemy team. The Basic Info includes names, pictures, and abiities. Bought Equipment is not known until you engage it. Obviously, if you have the perks that grant you more prep or knowledge, you get that instead.
  • The First Team Listed starts in the at his feet while the Second Team Listed starts in his skull.
  • Bought Items are listed in Parentheses. 2nd round items are listed in the second set of parentheses.

@esquire

• Ultimate Wolverine - (Talismans, Old Power Forcefield and Taser, Anti-Venom Symbiote, Webshooter) (T-Sphere, Kuzusu Atom)
  • Bedlam - (Potis Atiare, Darkhawk Amulet, Vibranium Suit and Sword, Webshooter) (Serpent's Tail)
  • Mystique - Dual Pistols, Knife (Phoenix Fragment, Webshooter) (T-Sphere, Crystal Glasses, Sphere of Yun, Heart of Jong, Emperor Scorpion)
  • Vanisher - (Battle Computer, Mento's Helmet, Ebony Blade, Vibranium Suit and Shield, Webshooter) (3 T-Spheres, Pimp Articles, Moby Morpher, Shard of Lightning, Reversing Mirror, Emperor Scorpion)
  • Feral - (10 Rings of the Mandarin, Prometheus Suit, Webshooter) (5 T-Spheres, Golden Finger, Mind-Reader Conch, Third-Arm Sash)
  • Helmet of Jong, Ring of Nine Dragons, Wushan Geyser, Two-Ton Tunic, Mikado Arms, Fancy Feet, Shroud of Shadows, Longi Kite, Ruby of Ramses

Achievements:

• Ex-Men
  • More like Professor SuX
  • Absolute Power
  • Evil Always Wins

vs.

@sovereign91001

• Kakashi - Shuriken, Kunai, explosive tags, summoning scroll (Battle Computer, 10 S.P.I.N Tech Darts, Vibranium Suit and Ninjato, Adamantium Ammunition) (Ox, Rooster, Rabbit, Dog, Horse, and Rat Talismans)
  • Spider-Man - Freeze Pellets, Magnetic, Acid and Webbing, Webshooters, Spider Tracers (Extremis Armor, Battle Computer, 10 T-Spheres, 10 S.P.I.N Tech Darts, Vibranium Suit and Shield) (Snake, Dragon, Pig, and Monkey Talismans)
  • Spider-Man 2099 - Unstable Molocule Suit and Cape (Iron Spider Suit, Battle Computer, 10 S.P.I.N Tech Darts, 10 T-Spheres) (Horse, Dog, Snake, Dragon, Sheep, Pig, and Tiger Talismans)
  • Black Panther - Vibranium Suit, Teleporter, Kimoyo Card, Anti-Metal Claws, Energy Dagger (Battle Computer, Ebony Blade) (Pimp Articles, Ox, Rabbit, Rooster, Rat, Sheep, Monkey, and Tiger)
  • Kyle - (Green Lantern Ring)

Banking 1 Low Tier Point

Achievements:

• Meek Inherit Earth
DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Esquire

@sovereign91001

In an initial appraisal of our teams, mine has an obvious advantage; numbers. Although it may appear at first glance that I have five characters, the same as you, I have two perks that grant me Bastion and Danger, increasing my numbers to seven. Thanks again to perks, I have an hour of prep time before the battle. The bottom set of Shen Gong Wu are not equipped to any of my characters. Instead, Mystique will use the Heart of Jong to animate them, creating a demon warrior knows as Mala Mala Jong. The warrior will then use the Ring of Nine Dragons, multiplying himself into four demon warriors. Mysique and Vanisher can both use their Emperor Scorpions to control these Mala Mala Jong, increasing my numbers to 11. This gives me more than twice the characters you possess, which is a clear and possibly decisive edge right from the start.

My second huge advantage is telepathy. Mystique has a fragment of the Phoenix Force, which grants her virtually limitless psionic power. During the events of AvX, the Phoenix Fragments were able to elevate characters with no telepathy, such as Cyclops and Colossus, to a level of psionic power that even Professor Xavier couldn't overcome. Even Kyle's ring can't protect him from high level psionics, (Kyle vs Psimon, New Titans #116), so unless your team has some significant anti-Telepathy power that I'm unaware of, Mystique will be a huge asset for my team through telepathy alone.

Another advantage I have is Bedlam. His power is to emit Electromagnetic pulses. This is doubled in strength thanks to the Absolute Power perk, and multiplies several times again by the Potis Atiare. So he'll start the battle by throwing out massive pulses, powerful enough to take out any technology you may possess. This means that your SPIN darts, Battle Computers, T-Spheres, and Iron Spider Suit will be rendered inoperable, along with much of Spider-Man's and Black Panther's standard gear. Iron Man has been taken down by EMPs many times in the past, including when Hawkeye knocked out his Extremis suit in Fallen Son #3. In fact, Bedlam himself has taken down Iron Man in the past. So with a focused blast amped enough to reach your team, you're going to lose your technology long before you can use any of it against my team.

I have plenty of strategies available, with my team's versatility providing lots of interesting options. But Mystique, Vanisher, and Feral all have mind-reading, so I have the added benefit of knowing your team's plans as soon as they make them. Mindreading also allows me to pull all relevant information regarding your characters from your minds, so I'll essentially have full knowledge of your special gear, abilities, personalities, weaknesses, and so forth. Since I get to read your team's plans from their minds, I have the luxury of countering what they intend to do. In addition, Mystique has the Crystal Glasses, which give her precognition and allow her to view the future. So with those factors combined, I would prefer that you post your strategy first, since my characters get knowledge of it before they have to act.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@esquire

Hmm, I seem to be somewhat disadvanateged but, I'm not down yet.

Kyle's got some very high level TP resistance feats if memory serves, I'll check my comics and get back to you on that front A.S.A.P

Moving on now while my team may not have as much prep as yours we do have five minutes and thanks to meek inherit the Earth my team does have full knowledge on your team. So we know that you have a guy on your team who's a walking EM generator and as my team has some pretty big brains on it, that isn't a stretch to say. So my prep is this: Everyone dons a T-Mask & Kyle makes body size persistant constructs that blocks out all radiation for my team.

Now Kyle has shielded a Supernova before and stars can emit radiation all across the spectrum from micro to gamma so it's not at all beyond his ability to do so. So my team's tech should all still be in play; although if your guy is spewing off huge amounts of ambient radiation you probably ended up knocking your tech off the board (including Bastion). Now I know he's has experience his powers under normal circumstances, but I question his level of control when his powers have been amped so many times over...even with a month of training.

Knowing that you have a mind reader on your team my team will have no overlaying strategy other than hit 'em hard and fast; each one of my guys picks a target and goes at 'em.

I don't think Mystique is a worthy avatar or has the mental constituion to control even a fragment of the Phoenix, the Phoenix slowly but surely began to overwhelm all of the P5 (including Emma Frost a very powerful psychic who's shown she can't control the Phoenix before) personalities. The only reason the Phoenix chose the 5 was due to Tony Stark's interference , not because any of them were the Phoenix's chosen which was Hope. Now at this point Raven has had the Phoenix shard inside her for at least a month. She should be fraying at the edges, that same hunger that ultimately consumed the P5; to reunite the Phoenix shards and become the one true avatar should be well in effect; especially considering Mystique's power hungry nature and as seen with almost all the previous hosts of the Phoenix; it has a way of magnifying their worst personality traits. Now to me that raises some teamwork questions right off the bat but I'll get into those a bit later.

Now the number discrepancy is something we'd also (to an extant) be aware off but luckily my team can recruit more members thanks to Kyle; we can summon up some Orange Lanterns and even the odds right back up.

With my battle computers in effect still, the effectiveness of your mind reading should go down dramatically as Raven will have to guess which of the strategies my team is going to employ from the billions of scenarios they have.

Kyle's going after Raven

Peter after Logan

Miguel is going after Feral

T'Challa is going after Bedlam

My Orange Lanterns will cover the rest for now

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001

Moving on now while my team may not have as much prep as yours we do have five minutes and thanks to meek inherit the Earth my team does have full knowledge on your team. So my prep is this: Everyone dons a T-Mask & Kyle makes body size persistant constructs that blocks out all radiation for my team.

If Kyle makes suits comprehensive enough to block an electromagnetic pulse, you're going to be blocking most of your team's own weaponry as well. You can't fire your Iron Man repulsors through the suit, for example. Although this will probably protect from Bedlam's pulses, he still makes your team far less effective by taking away the use of many of your items. It just happens a little more indirectly.

So my team's tech should all still be in play; although if your guy is spewing off huge amounts of ambient radiation you probably ended up knocking your tech off the board (including Bastion). Now I know he's has experience his powers under normal circumstances, but I question his level of control when his powers have been amped so many times over...even with a month of training.

MGH (the power serum) has never shown to give characters any trouble harnessing their enhanced powers. Look at Nitro during Civil War; he was blowing up buildings and Wolverine with absolute ease, and never showed any sign of strain or problems with control. My understanding of the Potis Atiare is that it merely increases powers vertically, not laterally. So he will be able to fire more powerful EMPs a greater distance, but he won't suddenly be throwing out radiation in all directions since that's not something he already does.

Knowing that you have a mind reader on your team my team will have no overlaying strategy other than hit 'em hard and fast; each one of my guys picks a target and goes at 'em.

With the exception of Spidey and Kyle, your team is limited to speed of roughly Mach 1. Spidey 2099 can't even fly that fast. So a majority of your team will have to take a substantial amount of time to get to mine, leaving you with two options: either send Kyle and Spidey in first, which leaves them open to getting swarmed by my numbers advantage, or wait for your slower members, which gives me even more time to pull information out of your heads.

I don't think Mystique is a worthy avatar or has the mental constituion to control even a fragment of the Phoenix. Now at this point Raven has had the Phoenix shard inside her for at least a month. She should be fraying at the edges, that same hunger that ultimately consumed the P5; to reunite the Phoenix shards and become the one true avatar should be well in effect; especially considering Mystique's power hungry nature and as seen with almost all the previous hosts of the Phoenix; it has a way of magnifying their worst personality traits. Now to me that raises some teamwork questions right off the bat but I'll get into those a bit later.

Mystique, however, is in charge of my team. She is also in control of the Mala Mala Jongs. And finally, she is fighting your team in a tournament that will end with her getting control of the entire world. (As per the setup of the tournament.) So while the Phoenix may indeed by amplifying her power-hungry nature, killing your team with extreme prejudice is the quickest and easiest way to ultimate power. So all this will really do is make her even more eager to annihilate your team in their entirety.

Now the number discrepancy is something we'd also (to an extant) be aware off but luckily my team can recruit more members thanks to Kyle; we can summon up some Orange Lanterns and even the odds right back up.

Has Kyle ever summoned multiple Orange Lanterns at once? I haven't read New Guardians, but I've only seen scans of him summoning a single Lantern. Not that they'll make much difference here, for reasons I'll get into in a moment, but I'm curious, anyway.

With my battle computers in effect still, the effectiveness of your mind reading should go down dramatically as Raven will have to guess which of the strategies my team is going to employ from the billions of scenarios they have.

Raven should have no trouble telekinetically smushing your battle computers as soon as they become an annoyance, but that won't even be necessary thanks to the Crystal Glasses. They grant the ability to see what your opponents will do before they do it, so I don't even need to read your teams' minds. Bedlam's Darkhawk Amulet feeds him a 'Datasong' which lets him see possible futures as well. With two precog options and Phoenix telepathy, Mystique can read that information and send it to every mind on my team without exerting herself. In addition, during prep, my team other than Bedlam will be changing a T-Sphere into a T-Mask during prep. This makes them invisible to technology, which would include your Battle Computers. What are they going to be calculating if they can't detect my team?

Kyle's going after Raven

Peter after Logan

Miguel is going after Feral

T'Challa is going after Bedlam

My Orange Lanterns will cover the rest for now

This, I think, is the biggest flaw in your strategy. You're attempting to stage a series of one-on-one confrontations with my team, whereas we'll be using our telepathic link and precog to function as a perfectly coordinated unit. But even if you were somehow able to isolate my team in the fashion you suggest, things would not go well for you.

Kyle vs Raven:

Kyle has been mind-controlled by a sufficiently powerful Telepath, Psimon. Phoenix Mystique should have no trouble doing the same. He also has no defense against her simply tearing him apart with telekinesis. She also has the Sphere of Yun, which she can use to trap him in an impenetrable sphere and take control of his Ring. She has precog to let her know where he'll be and what he'll be doing, so this shouldn't be a problem. Mystique has too many options for which Kyle has no counters. This isn't a good matchup for him.

Loading Video...

Peter vs Logan:

Again, this is a bad matchup. Logan has a T-Sphere, which will be turned into a T-Mask during prep. This renders him invisible to tech, making Pete's Iron Man and T-Mask sensors useless. And Ultimate Logan is radar-invisible, anyway. This leaves Peter with only the naked eye to detect Logan. Not only is Wolverine a master of stealth, he has the Snake Talisman, which makes him invisible. So Peter has no way of detecting Logan, who is armed with Adamantium Claws (which were able to mess up Ultimate Iron Man pretty good) backed by the Ox Talisman's super strength, and he also has the Kuzusu Atom, which fires a beam that vaporizes anything it hits. He can fly at high speeds, again thanks to the Talismans, so he'll be able to attack Peter, and he has the weaponry to take Spidey down hard. Spider-Man can't even detect him, much less hit him. Even if Parker lands a lucky shot, Wolverine has a forcefield that's tanked shots from Mjolnir, an adamantium skeleton that's kept him from being KO'd by Ultimate Hulk, and he has his Wovlerine healing factor, a Deadpool-level healing factor from the Talismans, and an even better healing factor from the Anti-Venom symbiote. So even disregarding the fact that Peter can't hit him, this Wolverine is far too tough to be put down at all for more than a moment.

Miguel vs Feral

This is a better matchup for you, but only marginally. Feral has a ridiculous amount of firepower with her Mandarin rings and Prometheus suit, and the Iron Spider suit isn't durable enough to tank it all. Miguel has a battle computer, but it can't detect Feral, so it won't be calculating anything. Feral, however, has the mind-reader conch which lets her read 2099's mind when she holds it to her ear. Since she has the third-arm sash, she can use that to have it constantly held to her ear, which lets her read his thoughts and anticipate his movements. In addition, she has the Golden Finger, which lets her freeze things in place. So she can use that to stop Spider-Man for a few seconds, and use a Ring to control his mind. Or she can just shoot him with ridiculous amounts of firepower. Like a bullet that oneshotted Firestorm, or even one that took down Supergirl. Miguel shouldn't do well against Feral.

No Caption Provided

Black Panther vs Bedlam

This is actually a pretty solid matchup for you. Luckily, thanks to precog and telepathy, I'll know that in advance. So Bedlam can just use the Serpent's Tail to go intangible and wait for gaps in your team's EMP defenses.

You've left the rest of my team up against generic Orange Lanterns, which will dissipate after Kyle is killed. Although Mystique could do this on her own, you've also left Vanisher unaccounted for. This is a massive oversight, as he is my team's most efficient killer. He has amped teleportation and a sword that cuts through anything, so he can get to Kyle and slice him to bits. He also has Pym Particles, so he can bypass Kyle's shields entirely by shrinking down and 'porting inside Kyle's body to slice him up where he's vulnerable. With him down, that leaves four of your characters vs my 11, and things will go predictably from there.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@esquire: Sorry, Vanisher was supposed to be matched up with Kakashi. But anywho there are a few points you made that I could dispute but not enough that I feel I can gain a solid enough foothold to beat your team. I'm outmatched solidly here and I'm conceeding to you on this one. Best of luck going forward :)

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: @sovereign91001:

A concession decides the first matchup. Well thank you for competing and being such a good sport.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esquire