User Lists: 0

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@thebourneposter: Can keep up with DD's speed, superior gear, superior durability, and looser morals, for the most part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: But can he keep up with DD's speed? And what about his formidable fighting skills and agility?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: He definitely could. He had no issues keeping up and humiliating Null, someone who easily blocked a whole clip of bullets being fired at him, he was dodging bullets only by hearing the sound of it being fired, outpaced machinegun fire, and has seen rockets in slow motion. Considering Big Boss was the co-creator of CQC and has the feats to show it, he should have no issue keeping up with Matt in the skill department.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

@thebourneposter said:

@beaconofstrength: But can he keep up with DD's speed? And what about his formidable fighting skills and agility?

Definitely. Big Boss surviving a prolonged gun duel against Revolver Ocelot is as good as any bullet timing feat Daredevil has ever performed, and he's been shown capable of defeating an actual speedster who was also a master martial artist in close quarters combat with only mid-difficulty at best. His raw speed is more akin to someone like Captain America, what with outracing a squad of Spetsnaz soldiers and attack dogs through a sewer while half dead from torture and with a bullet in his leg, and in Ground Zeroes he's able to outrace military convoys while carrying people on his back. The Boss implied during MGS3 that Jack would have no problem running 50 miles through dense jungle in order to reach the Soviet border and abandon his mission, should he want to, and against Volgin he was forced to face a guy who can control lightning and managed to avoid getting tagged and win.

I'll give Daredevil the nod in agility, Big Boss is probably more in line with someone like Wolverine when it comes to that, but it's not like Wolverine has ever had any problems giving Daredevil a hard time. Big Boss is the greatest or second greatest marksman to ever live, and his plethora of weaponry + prodigious strategic mind is going to be a LOT more dangerous than Daredevil's ability to do a back flip. Considering Big Boss literally invented close quarters combat in the MGS universe and the fact that he's faced every type of enemy in h2h combat ranging from ninjas to super soldiers to hulking war mongers, I don't see Daredevil really surprising him with any techniques.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ethzenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss already got destroyed by Cunningham, Volgin and by 4 soldiers, in MGS3 4 Soldiers jumped him and he admitted he was trapped until Eva saved him

:50 in

Loading Video...

Big Boss is trapped because 4 soldiers hold him at gun point

Big Boss doesn't have the skill, or the physicals to last long here

He loses, badly.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss due to fact that he will kill givin the opportunity.

UltimateGohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big boss

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss. This fight would play out a lot like the fight against Null who was super human fast and skilled. Only DD will not kill, and limited to pressure points instead of a more dangerous ranged sword.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cooljammy18

Wow, two guys I absolutely love going up against each other. I would side with Daredevil in a tough match.

First, the argument that BB wins because he's willing to kill is a lame and weak one. It should be blatantly obvious at this point that street leveled heroes that don't normally kill like Batman and Daredevil faced enemies that try to kill them at any chance they can get. Despite this, it does not in anyway hurt the hero's ability at taking them down. That applies here also.

Now, my take on this.. For starters I would give DD the definite edge in speed and agility while Big Boss in raw strength. @nickzambuto already gave a summary of some of Snake's feats so I don't need to repeat it. Pain tolerance and durability is actually pretty comparable, since both men have been beaten and injured to near death and kept going. One doesn't necessarily eclipse the other in my opinion, so it's not one sided.

As for the fight itself, I will say that the radar sense gives DD a significant edge here. With every breath BB makes, every heartbeat he makes, every muscle twitch, every reload of his gun, the smell of his sweat, he can't get the jump on Matt in combat...ever. BB best weapon, stealth, is gone here. Matt's enhanced senses allows him to accurately predict what his opponent will do next. He will know the type of weapons BB is packing and how well to adapt to it. And he will too know what type of strike or kick BB will make by the contraction of his muscles and will react accordingly to it, keeping on the defense will being offensive at the same time. DD has been tested and proven through his entire history as being a Tier 1 bullet timer. It's second nature of him to dodge gunfire and legit marksmen like Bullseye, Punisher and many others couldn't take him down. Even an amazing shot like BB would be hard pressed to actually hit Daredevil, especially when Snake will be doing the best he can to hold his own when Matt is maneuvering around him and bringing out the Billy Clubs on him.

That brings up my next point, H2H combat. Out of two, DD is the better H2H fighter in my eyes. His fighting style is composed of multiple martial arts he mastered and has managed to implement this in an extremely acrobatic and aerobic form of fighting. This, enhanced by his radar sense,makes him an extremely effective fighter. The most dangerous weapon DD has and is known for is his knowledge of pressure points. His radar can pinpoint weak spots on his opponent's body and let him strike it with absolute ease. Not only that, but his ability to make his Billy Club ricochet off of walls and wrap his opponent in wire makes him very flexible in combat. HOWEVER, this does NOT take away from Big Boss's own skill and ability. Big Boss is an amazing fighter, many might disagree but I honestly think BB is soundly better than Solid Snake in this area. The Punisher was able to put the hurting on DD multiple times and, since I think Snake could take Frank, I will say that BB is more than capable of hurting DD. Though I think Matt is the overall better fighter here, he would need to refrain from taking on the BB in a grappling match. Once Big Boss manages to grab DD, he can use his own momentum against him and throw him into a wall and pin him on the ground. DD can counter with a pressure point strike though, so Snake's best choice would be to restrict Matt's movement by grabbing both of his arms. BB will have to keep the distance between them by shooting and Matt strategically and will need to best he can to avoid a ricocheted hit from DD's billy club. BB best chance would be to break one of DD limbs to completely take him out of his groove and gain the upper advantage and he definitely could. Big Boss has the stamina to keep up and the adaptability to react to DD attempting to strike him down.

I might go on and on about this so I'll wrap it up. DD will take the win for me because of how well he use his abilities, speed, agility, skill and how amazingly they all blend together to give him the sound edge. I love BB but he isn't bringing anything new to the table that DD hasn't already experienced fighting Captain America, Punisher, Spider Man, Bulleye, Elektra, Crossbones, Deadpool, Wolverine, Taskmaster etc. Matt's skill, speed, and his ability to know BB's body and how to take it down with his radar, and the fact that HIS RADAR GIVES HIM COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MAP AREA (on mobile so I have to use caps) is too much of an advantage. However, BB is capable of defeating Matt. His marksmanship skills will keep Matt on his toes throughout the entire fight and he will turn the tides of the fight upon reacting to DD'S close range fighting. He can pull the fight in his favor by using DD best assets against him and ultimately pull a close win. In this situation, where Big Boss is unaware of Matt's radar sense, I don't see it happening.

If you were to give BB knowledge of DD'S radar sense (please don't change the op like everybody else to making your favorite character win over the other) and give him some prep, I would be inclined to say that BB would take a win in a difficult fight through use of chaff grenades, pulse emmiter and flashbangs. I think the chaff grenades would royally screw up Matt's radar, leaving him vulnerable to Snakes shot in that case.

Anyway, DD in a difficult fight. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big boss

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big boss

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss is an amazing fighter, many might disagree but I honestly think BB is soundly better than Solid Snake in this area.

>:(

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@cooljammy18 said:

Big Boss is an amazing fighter, many might disagree but I honestly think BB is soundly better than Solid Snake in this area.

Big Boss is better in general. Solid Snake is a second rate Naked Snake.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@cooljammy18 said:

Oh shut up and go read The Shadow of the Dark Knight Detective Returns or something.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@comicstooge said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cooljammy18 said:

This man gets it.

;)

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By nefarious

Daredevil.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil w/ billy clubs solos with easy

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss w/ machine gun solos with ease

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

DD one shots that sissy ;P (wait for it)......

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

DD one shots that sissy ;P (wait for it)......

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Wow, two guys I absolutely love going up against each other. I would side with Daredevil in a tough match.

First, the argument that BB wins because he's willing to kill is a lame and weak one. It should be blatantly obvious at this point that street leveled heroes that don't normally kill like Batman and Daredevil faced enemies that try to kill them at any chance they can get. Despite this, it does not in anyway hurt the hero's ability at taking them down. That applies here also.

Now, my take on this.. For starters I would give DD the definite edge in speed and agility while Big Boss in raw strength. @nickzambuto already gave a summary of some of Snake's feats so I don't need to repeat it. Pain tolerance and durability is actually pretty comparable, since both men have been beaten and injured to near death and kept going. One doesn't necessarily eclipse the other in my opinion, so it's not one sided.

As for the fight itself, I will say that the radar sense gives DD a significant edge here. With every breath BB makes, every heartbeat he makes, every muscle twitch, every reload of his gun, the smell of his sweat, he can't get the jump on Matt in combat...ever. BB best weapon, stealth, is gone here. Matt's enhanced senses allows him to accurately predict what his opponent will do next. He will know the type of weapons BB is packing and how well to adapt to it. And he will too know what type of strike or kick BB will make by the contraction of his muscles and will react accordingly to it, keeping on the defense will being offensive at the same time. DD's has been tested and proven through his entire history as being a Tier 1 bullet timer. It's second nature of him to dodge gunfire and legit marksmen like Bullseye, Punisher and many others couldn't take him down. Even an amazing shot like BB would be hard pressed to actually hit Daredevil, especially when Snake will be doing the best can to hold his own when Matt is maneuvering around him and bringing out the Billy Clubs on him.

That brings up my next point, H2H combat. Out of two, DD is the better H2H fighter in my eyes. His fighting style is composed of multiple martial arts he mastered and has managed to implement this in an extremely acrobatic and aerobic form of fighting. This, enhanced by his radar sense,makes him an extremely effective fighter. The most dangerous weapon DD has and is known for is his knowledge of pressure points. His radar can pinpoint weak spots on his opponent's body and let him strike it with absolute ease. Not only that, but his ability to make his Billy Club ricochet off of walls and wrap his opponent in wire makes him very flexible in combat. HOWEVER, this does NOT take away from Big Boss's own skill and ability. Big Boss is an amazing fighter, many might disagree but I honestly think BB is soundly better than Solid Snake in this area. The Punisher was able to put the hurting on DD multiple times and, since I think Snake could take Frank, I will say that BB is more than capable of hurting DD. Though I think Matt is the overall better fighter here, he would need to refrain from taking on the BB in a grappling match. Once Big Boss manages to grab DD, he can use his own momentum against him and throw him into a wall and pin him on the ground. DD can counter with a pressure point strike though, so Snake's best choice would be to restrict Matt's movement by grabbing both of his arms. BB will have to keep the distance between them by shooting and Matt strategically and will need to best he can to avoid a ricocheted hit from DD's billy club. BB best chance would be to break one of DD limbs to completely take him out of his groove and gain the upper advantage and he definitely could. Big Boss has the stamina to keep up and the adaptability to react to DD attempting to strike him down.

I might go on and on about this so I'll wrap it up. DD will take the win for me because of how well he use his abilities, speed, agility, skill and how amazingly they all blend together to give him the sound edge. I love BB but he isn't bringing anything new to the table that DD hasn't already experienced fighting Captain America, Punisher, Spider Man, Bulleye, Elektra, Crossbones, Deadpool, Wolverine, Taskmaster etc. Matt's skill, speed, and his ability to know BB's body and how to take it down with his radar, and the fact that HIS RADAR GIVES HIM COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MAP AREA (on mobile so I have to use caps) is too much of an advantage. However, BB is capable of defeating Matt. His marksmanship skills will keep Matt on his toes throughout the entire fight and he will turn the tides of the fight upon reacting to DD'S close range fighting. He can pull the fight in his favor by using DD best assets against him and ultimately pull a close win. In this situation, where Big Boss is unaware of Matt's radar sense, I don't see it happening.

If you were to give BB knowledge of DD'S radar sense (please don't change the op like everybody else to making your favorite character win over the other) and give him some prep, I would be inclined to say that BB would take a win in a difficult fight through use of chaff grenades, pulse emmiter and flashbangs. I think the chaff grenades would royally screw up Matt's radar, leaving him vulnerable to Snakes shot in that case.

Anyway, DD in a difficult fight. :)

nice post bro, good job!

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: Thanks! :D

@nickzambuto: LOL sorry Nick, but I think BB is the superior fighter compared to Solid. I honestly think that BB in his prime (MGS3 up to the Phantom Pain eventually) has better feats in general compared to Solid Snake. Seeing that he has a lot more games than Solid, it makes sense. What did you think of my post btw?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush said:

Big Boss w/ machine gun solos with ease

Daredevil makes him shoot himself through the thigh.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made sense, I still disagree but I won't make an argument. All I'll say is that, from a thematic standpoint, Big Boss can't be superior to Solid Snake because it would go against half the things Kojima set out to accomplish.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cooljammy18

@nickzambuto: Goddammit just agree already!

Anyway, thematically and symbolically speaking, I agree that BB cannot be superior and that Solid Snake has surpassed him in ending the destructive cycle his father, to be fair Big Boss had no other choice, started in the past. Doesn't mean he's a better fighter though. ;p

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Goddammit just agree already!

Anyway, thematically and symbolically speaking, I agree that BB cannot be superior and that Solid Snake has surpassed him in ending the destructive cycle his father, to be fair Big Boss had no other choice, started in the past. Doesn't mean he's a better fighter though. ;p

Solid Snake's physical superiority and defeat of his father symbolizes his spiritual succession of him.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Transformers1024

Daredevil

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

bump

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boss.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@nickzambuto said:
@cooljammy18 said:

This man gets it.

;)

BS

Solid Snake's physical superiority and defeat of his father symbolizes his spiritual succession of him.

^ this. Anyone who thinks BB is "Superior" is plain high.

No Caption Provided

Rookie Snake did this. This happen. BB is lower.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@beaconofstrength said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Out the way, nerd. :P

No Caption Provided

You Mean BB fought and temporary hugged it out with a decrepit Snake who sustain serious injuries from the events of MGS4 right before that? Thats your argument?

I just want to make sure we are on the same page :)

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy who is >Snake wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when Boss defeats anyone like cyborg Ninja, or defeats someone like Big Boss as a rookie unarmed.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it to Daredevil if Big Boss goes for a cqc submission he'll be getting a nerve strike.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:
@comicstooge said:
@nickzambuto said:
@cooljammy18 said:

This man gets it.

;)

BS

@nickzambuto said:

^ this. Anyone who thinks BB is "Superior" is plain high.

No Caption Provided

Rookie Snake did this. This happen. BB is lower.

And again, I don't see why it's so bad that a very out of his prime and aged BB lost to a young and healthy Solid Snake. Despite that difference in experience between the two at that time, physicality and health can make a huge difference. If you think that Solid can so easily beat a prime Big Boss (PW thru Phantom Pain) and is "above" him then you're the one that's high here.

I'm BB fanboy, come at me brah. :p