#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

No motherbox

No rod

Fight to the death

No prep

#2 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back Barda due to fighting skill.

#3 Posted by Juiceboks (5902 posts) - - Show Bio

Barda has Blonsky in fighting skill but he outright outclasses her in strength and durability. Plus he's no greenhorn when it comes to fighting either. I say he K.Os her in a good match.

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that he is strong and that it is close. But IMO she, being one of Granny's top pupils, has sufficient skill to pull a slight majority. But I can see Emil winning.

#5 Posted by Batman242 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Barda.

#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10235 posts) - - Show Bio

It's still unconfirmed if she really lifted the weight of a continent or not......

#7 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

No rod or mother box? I'd still give it to Barda 5.5/10

#8 Posted by BlackWind (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Even without her Mega Rod, armor, or Mother Box, I still give the fight to Barda. She's a better fighter and has more than help her own against Wonder Woman.

#9 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Barda 5/10

#10 Edited by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

It's still unconfirmed if she really lifted the weight of a continent or not......

I also found these cool scans of Barda fighting lava.

And Barda fighting the Female Furies who were able to tag Superman and Supergirl.

#11 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found these cool scans of Barda fighting Lobo. I thought they only fought twice, but it appears they fought three times.

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination is stronger. And The Main Maid is from Sovereign Seven, which sadly is out of continuity.

#13 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

No she's not. She's Wonder Woman level at best. And I'm being generous.

#15 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

His basic strength yes. But he's consistently planetary at average rage. They're not.

#17 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: He'd have to become really enraged to fight Barda or Diana and even if he was stronger, he isn't fast enough to hit them and Abomination doesn't get stronger with rage, so Barda is probably stronger than he is.

#18 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination is stronger than a "calm" Hulk. I already said I think Barda wins due to fighting skill, but she's not as strong.

#19 Edited by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Classic Hulk couldn't even lift 100 tons when he was calm, so how is Abomination stronger than Barda?

Could he hit Wonder Woman One Million hard enough to say 'overpressure' on the impact meter?

#20 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

The Class system isn't literal. Thing, a Class 85er, has lifted over 100 tons before. And yes, Hulk or Abomination could replicate that feat.

#21 Edited by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

What strength feat has Abomination done that makes you think he could replicate that feat? Thing has gotten stronger than he originally was, but Classic Hulk couldn't lift over 100 tons when he was calm.

Barda has beaten Stompa easily and Stompa has hurt Supergirl and she almost killed Wonder Woman.

She has fought someone who was given an amp by Granny Goodness to make her strength equal or greater than Barda's and Barda beat her.

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Hulk fail to lift 100 tons?

#23 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I was talking about when he was calm and which feat of Abomination's make you think he can replicate Barda's?

#24 Edited by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk issue #25. He fights an enraged Hulk so hard that soldiers nowhere near the battleground are feeling a massive quake. Hulk even refers to him as "big monster" which is rare as he usually uses a derogatory term for his opponent.

#25 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination is twice as strong as a calm hulk, which is nowhere near as strong as Big Barda. She lifted a continent, which is, what, hundreds of thousands of tons? Calm hulk is a 100-tonner of something like that.

#27 Edited by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I've never seen a humungeous feat of strength from Big Barda, other than she has tangled with Wonder Woman, and even then that could be interpreted as skill rather than strength. I don't know much about Big Barda or Abomination to say either one wins.

#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

I repeat, when has Hulk, even calm, failed to lift 100 tons?

#30 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd have to bring up a feat of calm hulk lifting 50,000 tons to put Barda and Abomination on the same level.

#31 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I always thought he couldn't lift 100 tons when he was calm; only when he was angry. Can you post a scan to show he can lift 100 tons while calm?

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (11133 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I've never seen a humungeous feat of strength from Big Barda, other than she has tangled with Wonder Woman, and even then that could be interpreted as skill rather than strength. I don't know much about Big Barda or Abomination to say either one wins.

Yeah I agree. The only reason Barda can fight with Wonder Woman on equal footing, is because of her fighting skills. If she fought like lets say Superman, she would get stomped, because Superman does not have fighting skills on Wonder Woman's level.

#33 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

He's never calm. But on average, he's laughably more than 100,000 tons. And Abomination is able to slug it out relatively evenly with an average rage Hulk.

#34 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

She's hurt Wonder Woman with her blows. I doubt someone weak would be able to do that and Diana looked like she was having the toughest fight of her life. She got Wonder Woman One Million on one knee, who is more powerful than the original Wonder Woman and hit her so hard it said 'overpressure' on the impact meter, fought DC's Thor to a standstill and she supported the weight of a continent, so I'd say she's equal to or possibly stronger than Wonder Woman if you look at the WW One Million feat and the fact that the original Wonder Woman had to fly to beat Barda, since Barda can't fly without her aero disks and she could have used her Mega-Rod to KO Diana like she did to Superman, if she knew Diana was going to cheat to win.

#35 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@herecomestheboom_headshot said:

Yeah I agree. The only reason Barda can fight with Wonder Woman on equal footing, is because of her fighting skills. If she fought like lets say Superman, she would get stomped, because Superman does not have fighting skills on Wonder Woman's level.

If that were the case, Barda would have been KO'd instantly in her fight with Diana, but she was taking Wonder Woman's hits and hurting her with her blows, so I can't see how you can interpret it as she can only fight her because of her fighting skills. The only way Superman could beat Barda is with his superspeed. She could KO him with her Mega-Rod like she did before, BFR him with her Mega-Rod like she did to Lobo or beat him with her superior fighting skills which apparently is the only thing that Barda has that lets her fight Wonder Woman, in a long fight that could have had a different outcome had Diana decided not to use her flight, which is the only reason she won.

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is stronger than Barda. Lobo pinned her in his debut in JLI. She's strong, skilled, fast, and powerful with weapons, but she's not top tier in strength.

#37 Edited by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I know he's stronger than Barda and Lobo was only able to pin her because Barda was going to BFR him with her Mega-Rod, but Lobo wasn't going to let her do that again. If Barda didn't tell him she was going to BFR him he wouldn't have gotten the jump on her.

#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

She flat out said "let me up." He proved stronger.

This isn't about who would win in a fight. I already backed Barda. My issue is the claim that Abomination is nowhere near as strong as Barda.

#39 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I never said Lobo wasn't stronger than Barda; I know he's stronger. I said he wouldn't have pinned her if she didn't tell him she was going to BFR him and when that squad arrived, Barda kicked Lobo off her and hurt him. Had Barda not told Lobo she was going to BFR him, he would have been gone and if he tried H2H with Barda, he would have lost, since Barda can fight evenly with Wonder Woman and she could KO him with a blast from her Mega-Rod like she did to Superman.

I know Abomination is strong. I just think Barda is stronger.

#40 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Barda being stronger than Abomination is where we disagree then. At best I'd say they're comparable in strength. But I've said my piece, and still believe Abomination has the physical strength advantage.

#41 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I do think Barda is stronger because of her feats, but I don't think Abomination is nowhere near her strength level.