Beyonder vs Mephisto

Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is an all-out battle between Post-retcon Beyonder against Mephisto, the Lord of Hell. 

Rules: 

- Battle is in Hell
- No BFR 
- Win by KO or death 

Let the battle begin! 

Beyonder
Beyonder
Mephisto
Mephisto
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Would Mephisto even know how to fight the Beyonder, regardless of the fact that he's in his own realm?

spidey1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spidey1fan

probably beyonder i would want mephisto to win but i really doubt he could win

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, post ret-con, Beyonder was a kind of cosmic cube, right? Or like a pre-cosmic cube? 

When everybody was working to take down the goddess and her slew of cosmic cubes, Mephisto's bargain was that he wanted a cosmic cube, which Thanos cheated him on. 

But, having the cosmic cube in hand he turned around and was going to off Thanos. He never made a move like that without the cube in that story. 

So, from that i would say the Cube has more power than Mephisto alone, and that Since post ret-con Beyonder is some sort of proto-cube, that he should win. 

In hell.... i don't know. Maybe just take this post as thought-food.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

Even after the (first) Beyonder retcon (let's never speak of the dreaded "mutant Inhuman retcon"), when the Beyonder comes back to earth to battle Molecule Man at one point, their battle is spoken of as having effects that ripple through the universe and through time.  So he still has universe-affecting powers, though greatly weakened. 

I've never had the impression, on the other hand, that Mephisto, as powerful as he is, can wreak that kind of havok on the normal (non-hell) universe.  In Hell, on the other hand, he is able to do almost anything.  Still, the Beyonder might have an edge. 

If Mephisto had prep, I'd give it to him.  He could make another Beyondersbane weapon or something. 

@Fortified_Hooligan
said:

Well, post ret-con, Beyonder was a kind of cosmic cube, right? Or like a pre-cosmic cube?  When everybody was working to take down the goddess and her slew of cosmic cubes, Mephisto's bargain was that he wanted a cosmic cube, which Thanos cheated him on.  But, having the cosmic cube in hand he turned around and was going to off Thanos. He never made a move like that without the cube in that story.  So, from that i would say the Cube has more power than Mephisto alone, and that Since post ret-con Beyonder is some sort of proto-cube, that he should win.  In hell.... i don't know. Maybe just take this post as thought-food.
 What was that story in?  Sounds interesting.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By isaac_clarke

Last I heard the Beyonder was now an inhuman, then another comic debating what he exactly was. 
Regardless, Galactus didn't seem to worried about him so I figure Mephisto takes it in his realm, even if hell isn't his realm. 

Would help if the Beyonder did something to gather what his current levels are at.

___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would help if the Beyonder did something to gather what his current levels are at.  

I'll help you: 

Pre-retcon: Abstracts<<<<<Beyonder<Living Tribunal<OAA 
Retcon 1: Beyonder<<<<<<Abstracts 
Retcon 2: Beyonder<<<Abstracts 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@___Living_Tribunal_22__ said:

I'll help you:  Pre-retcon: Abstracts<<<<<Beyonder<Living Tribunal<OAA Retcon 1: Beyonder<<<<<<Abstracts Retcon 2: Beyonder<<<Abstracts 
Pre-retcon Beyonder > Living Tribunal.
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-retcon Beyonder > Living Tribunal 

I made an examination after my Battle of Gods threat and found out that many times Beyonder's power felt infinite, but twice his power was proven to be finite. The first is that when he killed Death, he couldn't recreate it with his power alone, he needed help from Frank. The second is when he fought Phoenix, he gave Rachel godlike power, enough to destroy him. An omnipotent shouldn't have those problems.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By nefarious

I can't find any comics with the Beyonder in it. I want to see all of his feats in order to determine a valid outcome in this here battle.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

Pre-retcon Beyonder > Living Tribunal 

I made an examination after my Battle of Gods threat and found out that many times Beyonder's power felt infinite, but twice his power was proven to be finite. The first is that when he killed Death, he couldn't recreate it with his power alone, he needed help from Frank. The second is when he fought Phoenix, he gave Rachel godlike power, enough to destroy him. An omnipotent shouldn't have those problems.
He may or may not have been truly infinite, but he was still more powerful than the Living Tribunal.  He was stated many times as being more powerful than everyone in the normal multiverse put together.  We can argue about whether or not that includes TOAA, but it definitely includes the Tribunal.  The Tribunal was there when the Beyonder killed Death, and could do nothing to stop it.
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may or may not have been truly infinite, but he was still more powerful than the Living Tribunal.  He was stated many times as being more powerful than everyone in the normal multiverse put together.  We can argue about whether or not that includes TOAA, but it definitely includes the Tribunal.  The Tribunal was there when the Beyonder killed Death, and could do nothing to stop it.  

LT was not begging, he was just watching. It was Eternity who was begging not to kill Death. Think about this: you see two guys fighting (i.e. Beyonder and Death) and you're just watching, but that doesn't mean you can do nothing to stop them.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

LT was not begging, he was just watching. It was Eternity who was begging not to kill Death. Think about this: you see two guys fighting (i.e. Beyonder and Death) and you're just watching, but that doesn't mean you can do nothing to stop them.
I didn't say "begging" anywhere in there.  But clearly he, just like all the rest, were there to ask him not to kill Death. 

To quote: 
Uatu says, "We ask of you an audience! Please hear us!  I Uatu, have gathered the mighty to speak with you!
Beyonder: "So talk!" 
Inbetweener: "I am the Inbetweener!  I have been asked to speak first for the delegation!........[Mephisto] is desperate...as are we!  Some of us are sworn enemies of Death and its lovers--yet all of usimplore you not to eliminate Death!" 

It can't be any clearer that Uatu and Inbetweener are speaking for everyone in the group, of which the Tribunal is one. 

Eternity does then step out to ask for the cup himself, but he is just speaking in turn with the others. 

There are numerous other quotes from the series that specifically say the Beyonder is more powerful than everything else in the multiverse combined.  For instance, Beyonder: "Even the mightiest beings among them [the beings of the multiverse] are like microbes to me."  Narrator describing the power he put in the vessel when he was trying to become human: "all the awesome power contained within, millions of times more than all the rest of the power in the multiverse combined." 

He's just obviously portrayed as more powerful than anyone else by a great degree.  Now after the retcon, that changes dramatically.  But during Secret Wars 1 and 2, Beyonder was the most powerful, and Molecule Man was after him (also above the Tribunal).  Typical quote: "The two mightiest beings in all existence clash" when they fight.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Owie

http://www.comicvine.com/infinity-crusade/49-5019/

This was the arc dealing with the Goddess that i referenced.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
@Owie:   http://www.comicvine.com/infinity-crusade/49-5019/  This was the arc dealing with the Goddess that i referenced.
Thanks, I'll have to take a look at it, the 90s are a big (mostly intentional!) hole in my comic collecting career.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I think most recent Post-retcon beyonder might be mayched or even surpassed by a hell lord in his own domain.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Tevnoba

3 version of the Beyonder:

Pre-Retcon - wins without effort! 

Post Recton 1 - Cosmic Cube Beyonder - this retcon invalidated the Secret Wars Arcs making them simply the Beyonder's Imagination.  Still wins without effort . . .reason: A Cosmic Containment is nearly omnipotent in and of itself - which is why Mephisto wanted one in the Infinity Crusade, and Mephisto himself describes their true power and limitations (limitations that are not present when a cube is sentient).

No Caption Provided
Post-Retcon 2: Mutant Inhuman - This validated the Secret Wars Arcs, but still reduced the Beyonder's power somewhere bellow Eternity/Infinity but still stronger than post retcon 1.
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kajitatsu
@Tevnoba: I thought the Cosmic Cube origin would make him stronger than being an Inhuman. What feats does Inhuman Beyonder have?
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Tevnoba

When he was retconed to be a mutant inhuman they also re-validated Secret Wars!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol beyondie stomps

Evander_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers