Which was better, the original or 5Ds?

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marshall_Long

I like 5d's I like the Story and Characters much more than the original series, its my favorite out of all the Yugioh series.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked 5D's better than the original...with the exception of Yami Marik...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

GX is better then both, but to answer the OP I'm taking the original over 5D's.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm well fact of the matter is 5D's had better characters (except for all the bad guys. Original had the best bad guys EVER.) better animation better matches (YGO is at a natural disadvantage in both of these, as it was severely behind in terms of card game advancement), better plot.

Original had better music and better bad guys, but also more believable gameplay. (5Ds was bull in the actual gameplay. It was very difficult to believe anything, whereas pretty much anything the original YGO could do with the exception of Season 4 could be done in the actual cardgame.)

Overall I found the original more enjoyable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Do you play the card-game lol? Original Yu-Gi-Oh! was far from being able to be done in the actual card game, 5D's was actually almost always spot on with what could and what couldn't be done in the actual game.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

*coughcoughbullshitturbohyperextremesquaredsynchrosummonmajesticoverdriveclearmindwarpdrivecoughcough*

Well Battle City was accurate. Season 4 was obviously f'd up due to all the Orichalcos'ing.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil

I feel the Dark Signer Arc is Battle City level.

GX was a mess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Lol, you can do everything they did in 5D's in the actual game. Of course they did make it seem more dramatic, they did that in the original too lol. The original literally made up effects for cards that in the actual game didn't have lol.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil: Besides the last season what was rushed,GX was a very well written series and imo Dimension World is the best arc in Yu-Gi-Oh! history. I also think people underrate Zexal, it is a good series and it is only getting better.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Season 4 was actually my favorite season in GX I liked Judai's character in that season.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked season 4 as well,but the only problem I have with it is the plot holes (not explaining with happen to Amon,bringing back Ryo,Not explaining with happen to Misawa etc) but besides that it was a great season the did a good job developing Judai,Jun,Asuka,Sho,Fubuki etc and I like the concept of the Darkness overall I say it is the second best GX season.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I liked season 4 as well,but the only problem I have with it is the plot holes (not explaining with happen to Amon,bringing back Ryo,Not explaining with happen to Misawa etc) but besides that it was a great season the did a good job developing Judai,Jun,Asuka,Sho,Fubuki etc and I like the concept of the Darkness overall I say it is the second best GX season.

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original by a long shot for me- featured the cards I grew up with, the most iconic characters (good and evil) and the Battle City arc, which is my favourite storyline in YuGiOh ever. Oh yeah, and Pegasus' toon deck ftw!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not A Battle:

Make Sure It Is a Battle

The battle forum is for actual fights between characters. Things like 'who has the coolest power' or 'who gets the most chicks' ARE NOT BATTLES. Just because you put 'vs' in the title, does not automatically make it battle forum worthy. They should be placed in general discussion or in off-topic (depending on what they're about). As well, fights with characters who are not comic book or manga characters or haven't featured predominantly in comic books or manga (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

This has been discussed between the battle forum mods a bit. These are guidelines for what does and does not constitute a battl

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sovereign91001

5D's all the way; Accurate to the TCG, better protagonists (less dead weight on the hero side), crisp animation etc,etc.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5ds has card games on motorcycles! Trololol first one by far for me.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By russellmania77
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GX seemed like a kiddy ripoff of the original.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil: How? Not that I'm knocking you for your opinion I would like to know the reason behind it. GX season 3 and 4 was far from kiddy and even season 2 had some dark moments. While I agree that season 1 came of as kinda of kiddy (although it got better during the 7 star part of the season) but the rest were not. I honestly don't see it as a rip off because the characters were much different from the original and so was the story.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011: The whole series just screamed PG. I couldn't take it serious.

Waking the Dragons Arc would've been perfect for 5Ds

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: The whole series just screamed PG. I couldn't take it serious.

Waking the Dragons Arc would've been perfect for 5Ds

Different strokes for different folks I did not see it as PG or a "kiddy" show they had killing, cursing, etc it was far from kiddy. We are talking about the Japanese version right? The dub flat out sucks.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011: Season 3 was the only season I actually enjoyed, and the second half of Season 2. I haven't watched GX since my elementary days so what I saw as good back than is different.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil: I enjoyed every season besides the first half of season one (they had way to much filler) they others were really enjoyable. Have you ever seen the Japanese version? The dub sucks coconuts.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Original is number 1, because of Yugi, and Seto Freakin Kaiba. Period.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Yep the dub changed made it much more kiddy. They edited out blood, they edited out all of the killing, they change character personalities, they edit out cursing etc. They even edit the story for instance, The Light of Destruction was going kill off all life on Earth with the satelite.....not "brain wash them". Cobra's (Viper in the dub) stepson died from getting hit by a car while he was running after his deck that was blown in the street by the wind, instead of diying from a "illness" in the dub. There is dozens of more instances I can name but you get the point. The sub is far more mature and far better then the kiddie dub.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011: Well gore doesn't determine a series for me if the overall plot is still childish.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil: How is killing all life on Earth "childish"? How is a kid getting ran over by a vehicle and a sinister being praying on the emotion of the grieving father "childish"? How are these things "childish"? How is causing someone to commit suicide "childish"? How is destroying 12 dimensions because someone does not love you the way you want them too childish? I fail to see how any of this is childish at all. Everything I named were changed the dub, so as I said before the dub maybe childish but the Sub is far from it. In fact Yubel whole character was changed in the dub completely, in the sub Yubels sadomasochistic view of love is what caused her to do all the things she did, the dub All references to Yubel's "love" for Judai were omitted and replaced by her childish desire to "play" with him. I can name many more instances in the dub that made it much more childish. It is more then just gore that changed,they even deviated from the story and made it kiddy. So yeah until you watched the dub,you have really been watching a very kiddy version of the series.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The whole theme of GX all the way to the end just screams a PG Harry Potter. I admit the story got darker iN Season 3 and that's where it reached it's peak, but even that doesn't compare to Battle City, DOMA, Dark Signer/Fortune Cup, etc.

Maybe my problem with GX isn't that though, Lack of character development, or in general interesting characters and even villains brought the show down.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

people are taking this too seriously like really Dub or sub lets not start that again

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Lets agree to disagree then lol. Sorry for derailing the thread BTW since GX has nothing to do with this. That being said who do you think would win these Yu-Gi-Oh! DM and 5D's matchups?

Yugi vs Yusei

Kaiba vs Jack

Jounochi vs Crow

Aki vs Mai

Dartz vs Godwin

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5ds

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Lets agree to disagree then lol. Sorry for derailing the thread BTW since GX has nothing to do with this. That being said who do you think would win these Yu-Gi-Oh! DM and 5D's matchups?

Yugi vs Yusei

Kaiba vs Jack

Jounochi vs Crow

Aki vs Mai

Dartz vs Godwin

Yugi

Kaiba

Joey

Aki

Dartz

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yugi vs Yusei

Kaiba vs Jack

Jounochi vs Crow

Aki vs Mai

Dartz vs Godwin

Yusei

Kaiba

Crow

Aki

Dartz

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think Joey would beat Crow, He is the guy who almost beat Marik.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

Think Joey would beat Crow, He is the guy who almost beat Marik.

Hmmm I don't know Crow is hands down more skilled then he is,Jounouchi wins alot of his duels off more luck then anything. As for Marik, I think Marik was an overrated duelist who focused way too much on Ra.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@russellmania77: Luckily the Shadow Realm does not exist in the original version Hahahahahah!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43 the_stegman  Moderator

The original had Seto mothaf*ckin' Kaiba. It wins.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Eh, I think Marik was skilled with the Slow Burn strategy,

Jack Atlas > Kaiba

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Also Marik when playing as a puppet was able to almost beat Yugi.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Also Marik when playing as a puppet was able to almost beat Yugi.

But that was a different Marik,the Yami Marik centered his whole deck around Ra and Ra only he almost lost to Bakura,he had a hard time vs Mai and barely beat jounouchii,who in the previous round was going to lose to Rashid (Odion in the dub) if it was not for Marik and his bullsh!t games and playing a fake Sun God.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011: Don't they count as the same duelist despite split personalities?