#1 Edited by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the Wolverine's berserker style, (that he's most often associated with), who do you think would be a better fighter? Based on martial arts skills and experience and who would gain the upperhand in a fight from that stipulation.

#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, that vein traveling up Logan's arm and chest literally looks like Earthworm Jim has invaded his body.

#3 Posted by pooty (11172 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine should be better. But Bats has the feats.

#4 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on martial arts skill... I'd say batman.... But if its the skills just to get the job done then I'd say wolverine.

#5 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what I call a good thread.Well done Myron.

This fight depends on the situation and can go either way.

#6 Posted by ThexX (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

Thats what I call a good thread.Well done Myron.

This fight depends on the situation and can go either way.

Agreed hell of a good thread Myron

#7 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman takes this ... even though I hate him ...

#8 Edited by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

Just have to wait for entropy to get in here and mark out. I say if written properly at his upmost skill level and experience I say Wolverine.

#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done.

#10 Posted by BarelyAverage (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Wolverine should be better. But Bats has the feats.

Bats has more martial arts feats because he can't tank bullets and punches from bricks. Wolverine could be a better character if not written like an indestuctable crazy man.

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Been done.

Did Batman lose :D??

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Been done.

He won cause rybisti was favouring Logan and we all know what happens when rybisti is involved.

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Been done.

He won cause rybisti was favouring Logan and we all know what happens when rybisti is involved.

Oh c'mon this one didn't even involve she who shall not be named.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Been done.

Oh c'mon this one didn't even involve she who shall not be named.

Yes it did trollolol.

#15 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

martial art skills: batman

experience:definitely wolverine, because he is much older than bruce

#16 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine utilizes his skils and experience with the right discipline, he should take care of Bats rather easily IMO

#17 Posted by pooty (11172 posts) - - Show Bio

@BarelyAverage: true.

#18 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

We should put a pin in this grenade until Marvel gets their head on straight with Wolverine again. As he is currently written, damn near any street leveler can whup him in just martial arts alone.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

@BarelyAverage said:

Bats has more martial arts feats because he can't tank bullets and punches from bricks. Wolverine could be a better character if not written like an indestructible crazy man.

This.

#20 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

In raw martial arts I'd say they're are roughly on par with each other.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

We should put a pin in this grenade until Marvel gets their head on straight with Wolverine again. As he is currently written, damn near any street leveler can whup him in just martial arts alone.

Didn't he just spar with Iron Fist and come out looking superior?
#22 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Erik said:

Didn't he just spar with Iron Fist and come out looking superior?

Did not see it in all honesty. I suppose I mean before that. But if Marvel has decided to give Wolverine some class again, I am very interested in seeing it. Where should I look for this fight?

#23 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:Are you talking about New Avengers? I think I have that comic.

#24 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik:New Avengers 15, here ya go

#25 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light:

New Avengers treats Wolverine better than his own title does..... I need to make a reading switch.

#26 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

He immediately gets stomped by Squirrel Girl after that. New Avengers is, um, inconsistent.

#27 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

He immediately gets stomped by Squirrel Girl after that. New Avengers is, um, inconsistent.

Considering Squirrel Girl's feats, I would not call that inconsistent.

#28 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

He didn't get stomped by her, he got her in the same armbar that he got Danny in until she called an army of squirrels to attack Wolverine which made him back off. At least Danny was able to get out of the arm bar.

#29 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@BringnIt said:

Considering Squirrel Girl's feats, I would not call that inconsistent.

Yeah but it didn't happen the way he described it though.

#30 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: She also lost to Cage's baby via incapacitation during Spider Island and neeeded Daredevil to save her against some robots during his debut story with them.

#31 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: I am merely trying to point out it wasn't a case of Wolverine being written with great respect-

#32 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

Yeah but it didn't happen the way he described it though.

I believe you.

@BringnIt said:

@Erik: She also lost to Cage's baby via incapacitation during Spider Island and neeeded Daredevil to save her against some robots during his debut story with them.

Not outside of Squirrel Girl's character to lose to a baby regardless of its power or lack thereof.

#33 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I am merely trying to point out it wasn't a case of Wolverine being written with great respect-

Alright, fair enough.

#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt said:

I think that was meant to be a joke.Also she wasn't fighting the baby she was trying to catch her.
#35 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@BringnIt said:

I think that was meant to be a joke.

Just like literally every Squirrel Girl "fight".

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

Just like literally every Squirrel Girl "fight".

Pretty much. Technically speaking she's street leveler but somehow she's beaten Doom & Thanos.
#37 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: so sad yet so true. i remember a time when logan didnt even use claws or healing factor to win fights. skill alone. i miss that guy.

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@Erik:New Avengers 15, here ya go

Been looking for this. I love Spidey's king fu pose. Clicked and saved.

#39 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman he has beaten if not stalemated majorityof all the top tiers in the DC Universe.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

Batman he has beaten if not stalemated majorityof all the top tiers in the DC Universe.

Not in pure h2h combat.
#41 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Not in pure h2h combat.

He stalemated Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, he gave Deathstroke a really good fight and held his own twice against Karate Kid.

#42 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Not in pure h2h combat.

He stalemated Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, he gave Deathstroke a really good fight and held his own twice against Karate Kid.

Batman lasting more than 10 seconds against Val is severe PIS on any account.

#43 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: Well Karate Kid was sick in one of their fight and in the other Batman had a legion ring.

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

Dragon held back on Batman,Bronze Tiger & Deathstroke have beaten Batman, most of his fights with Cain are from when she was less skilled and Shiva was brainwashed in their fight and if i'm not mistake he didn't stalemate..he won.
#45 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: Well Karate Kid was sick in one of their fight and in the other Batman had a legion ring.

Which means they should not be counted in your counter-statement that Batman HAS stalemated or beat the top tier fighters of DC in strictly H2H.

#46 Posted by pooty (11172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: @Erik: The OP says based on H2H skill alone. So if you take away his healing factor, adamantium, etc who has Wolverine beaten that puts him on Bats level? I Don't keep up with Wolverine too much

#47 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@Vance Astro: @Erik: The OP says based on H2H skill alone. So if you take away his healing factor, adamantium, etc who has Wolverine beaten that puts him on Bats level? I Don't keep up with Wolverine too much

You are asking who Wolverine has defeated without his natural powers that he cannot turn off and material that is bonded to his body that he cannot take out?

#48 Posted by pooty (11172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: OP says this: Based on martial arts skills and experience and who would gain the upperhand in a fight from that stipulation.

Healing factor/adamantium bones are not martial arts skills and have nothing to do with experience. We have turned off Superman, Wonderwoman and Thor's power for fights and brought them down to human stats. I don't see why this is any different.

#49 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Dragon held back on Batman,Bronze Tiger & Deathstroke have beaten Batman, most of his fights with Cain are from when she was less skilled and Shiva was brainwashed in their fight and if i'm not mistake he didn't stalemate..he won.

The fight with Shiva you're talking about is from Public Enemies, they had another fight in Batman 427 which was essentially a stalemate, Bats has beaten Deathstroke as well.

@nick_hero22 said:

Batman still got creamed in the fight where Val was sick, the only thing the Legion Ring did was let Batman fly, it wouldn't stop Val from one shotting him.

@pooty said:

He's beaten Captain America, he's beaten Shang Chi in handful of panels [although I consider Shang overrated] he's beaten Sabertooth, he's technically beaten Mr X although that had more to do with getting around his telepathy, he did well against Junzo Moto, He's beaten Shatterstar, Silver Samurai.

Batman has beaten Bane, David Cain, Wrath, Zeiss, Prometheus, Deathstroke, Azrael, Ra's al Ghul, and he's stalemated Owlman and Bronze Tiger, he also effortlessly tooled Nightwing. He's even beaten Sensei by outsmarting him.

Both of them have amazing track records in combat.

#50 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman