User Lists: 0

Superman

Luda12331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Beta Ray and Thor tag team Superman, then Thor edges his friend for the win.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Clark

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans? Reasons?

Sportsmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark shoves Bill's head up Thor's butt

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UberHulk

Two magic users means Superman is boned. I know Stormbreaker and Mjolnir are equal but I'm sure Thor has better strength and durability than BRB. BRB was smashed to pieces by Thanos whereas Thor went toe to toe.

And New 52 Superman > PC Superman, by some distance.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kingant27

@uberhulk: PC Superman is leagues above New-52 Superman and Pre-52 Superman put together...

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post crisis is above Thor. Believe me, I am the biggest Post Crisis Supes fan on the internet.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UberHulk

@kingant27: No he isn't. New 52 Superman benching the Earth is more impressive than moving Warworld, his biggest PC strength feat. Pluto weights 13 quintillion tonnes (18 zeros), the Earth weighs 5.972 sextillion metric tons (21 zeros).

New 52 Superman moved a starship, with Martian Manhunter, that was at least three times bigger than Earth. There is nothing comparable by PC Superman.

And I know what people usually counter with so I'll save time. There is no context to the weight of the book feat and he lifted 'all the books' not infinite weight. All the books in 52 universes is still nowhere close to the weight of the Earth.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/05/number-of-books-in-the-world/

How many books have ever been published in all of modern history? According to Google's advanced algorithms, the answer is nearly 130 million books, or 129,864,880, to be exact.

Every book possible on Earth is 130 million books. How much does an average book weight?

http://avgpostageweights.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/average-weight-of-paperback-book.html

The heaviest paperback weights 1lb 5oz = 0.60kg

The heaviest hardback weights 1lb 15oz = 0.88kg

Even if we say all the books in the World have the weight of the heaviest hardback that means he's lifting 114400000 kg or 114,400 tonnes. Even if you say for each of these books there are a million copies he's still only lifting 114.4 billion tonnes. Even if you say in 52 Universes there are 130 million books with a million copies for each that's only 5948.8 billion tonnes. Nowhere near as much as the weight of the Earth, the heaviest weight he's lifted.

The Spectre feat is equally baseless as eternity is a measure of time, it has no weight. As far as strength feats are concerned that's about it and he did not move the Mageddon gears.

In terms of durability PC Superman has one very high end feat, absorbing the anti sun energy, enough energy to vaporise half a galaxy. Where that stands in relation to New 52 Superman flying through multiple black holes and taking a shot from a black hole laser canon I couldn't say but that's still three feats way in excess of all but one PC Superman feat. PC Superman's holding of a black hole the size of a spec of dust is pathetic in comparison to his New 52 black hole feats.

People think New 52 Superman is inferior to PC Superman is because the level of his enemies has been raised, that doesn't make him weaker that makes them stronger and they also think he's weaker because they misinterpret some of PC Superman's supposed feats.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By hirev_starman

Supes.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UberHulk

@master-danny said:

Post crisis is above Thor. Believe me, I am the biggest Post Crisis Supes fan on the internet.

PC Superman's feats have nothing on what Thor has done or on what New 52 Superman has done, New 52 is much closer to the SA Superman, he tossed a moon into the phantom zone, he's a beast. Superman's speed advantage has not been shown to be effective against enemies with super strength and durability e.g. Mongul, Orion, Darkseid and Doomsday so no he is not above Thor. In durability and strength PC Superman is below Thor. In terms of strength New 52 Superman is at least on par with Thor but his durability is still lower plus he's consistently has poor showing against magic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27:

Are you saying Silver Age Superman and PC Superman are one and the same?

I could swear the planet chain and sneazing solar system feats belong to SA Supes.

MFrenzy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor ftw!!

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: I was talking about SA Superman, sorry.

Avatar image for theaterofdreams
theaterofdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kent

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor > Supes > Bill

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either of the hammer bros.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Master-Danny

@uberhulk said:

@master-danny said:

PC Superman's feats have nothing on what Thor has done or on what New 52 Superman has done, New 52 is much closer to the SA Superman, he tossed a moon into the phantom zone, he's a beast. Superman's speed advantage has not been shown to be effective against enemies with super strength and durability e.g. Mongul, Orion, Darkseid and Doomsday so no he is not above Thor. In durability and strength PC Superman is below Thor. In terms of strength New 52 Superman is at least on par with Thor but his durability is still lower plus he's consistently has poor showing against magic.

Post Crisis Supes survived the function between Apocalypse and New Genesis and he also survived to leading Superboy Prime to the core of a red star, passing through a field of Kryptonite and landing on Mogo and he survived a fight against a Pre Crisis Guy. NEW 52 durability is nowhere close Post Crisis. And New 52 is nowhere close Pre Crisis, PreCrisis Clark survived quasar level, galactic level attacks and Kal contained super-nova explosions only by flying around them.

Pre Crisis > Post Crisis > New 52

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and BRB team up to beat superman then thor beats brb

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fully bloodlusted = warrior madness = Thor>Supes>BRB

No Caption Provided

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets my vote

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Either Superman or Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

So far the most fair and balanced view. I like em both.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master-danny: Post Crisis Supes survived the function between Apocalypse and New Genesis

I know about the merger in Death of the New Gods 8 but he was KTFO by the explosion. He was KTFO when he smashed the shadow moon, he was KTFO by a nuke. Thor tanks these attacks.

and he also survived to leading Superboy Prime to the core of a red star, passing through a field of Kryptonite and landing on Mogo

I think that was Earth 2 Superman and he died!

NEW 52 durability is nowhere close Post Crisis.

I'm not convinced. I'd suggest going through black holes is above anything PC Superman has done.

And New 52 is nowhere close Pre Crisis, PreCrisis Clark survived quasar level, galactic level attacks

Pre crisis is retconned.

and Kal contained super-nova explosions only by flying around them.

No. He doesn't have any supernova feats as such. He 'survived' a supernova when Braniac blew up a star but he was hundreds of millions of miles away on the planet and not near the star itself and in the other Supernova feat he tanked the electromagnetic shockwaves not the explosion or radiation.

Avatar image for marvel_kills_dc
Marvel_kills_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman loses first

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark should win

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Master-Danny

@uberhulk said:

@master-danny: Post Crisis Supes survived the function between Apocalypse and New Genesis

I know about the merger in Death of the New Gods 8 but he was KTFO by the explosion. He was KTFO when he smashed the shadow moon, he was KTFO by a nuke. Thor tanks these attacks.

and he also survived to leading Superboy Prime to the core of a red star, passing through a field of Kryptonite and landing on Mogo

I think that was Earth 2 Superman and he died!

NEW 52 durability is nowhere close Post Crisis.

I'm not convinced. I'd suggest going through black holes is above anything PC Superman has done.

And New 52 is nowhere close Pre Crisis, PreCrisis Clark survived quasar level, galactic level attacks

Pre crisis is retconned.

and Kal contained super-nova explosions only by flying around them.

No. He doesn't have any supernova feats as such. He 'survived' a supernova when Braniac blew up a star but he was hundreds of millions of miles away on the planet and not near the star itself and in the other Supernova feat he tanked the electromagnetic shockwaves not the explosion or radiation.

1 Question - I was comparing New Supes with Post Crisis Supes, nothing with Thor

2 Question - Both Kal L and Kal El led Superboy Prime into the Red Star of the Solar System from Krypton. It is a feat from both.

3 Question - Where is the retconned? Name the issue,Please

4 Question - I was talking about Pre Crisis (especially Silver Age 1958-71) not Post Crisis (86-2011), that feat that you were talking about, I know it was from the story of Braniac. And yes, Silver Age Supes can do things like "contained super-nova explosions only by flying around them"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman

2. Beta Ray Bill

3. Thor

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master-danny: 2. A red sun negates their powers, it doesn't instantly kill Kryptonians otherwise they would have all died.

3. The Silver Age i.e. pre-crisis is retconned.

4. Again Silver Age is retconned. It doesn't count anymore.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Retcon

Removing old material

In regards to DC Comics, this is the most commonly used form of retroactive continuity. In short, it allows the writer the ability to look back upon older stories and say, "that never happened." The 1985-86 twelve-issue limited series the Crisis on Infinite Earths is the most notorious example of this style of retconning, as it effectively wiped away large patches of accumulated history that spanned nearly fifty years of DC publishing. One example of the Crisis' lingering effects on historical continuity is the Silver Age era Superboy. In the modern canonical history, Clark Kent did not become a costumed hero until he was an adult, and never adopted the identity of the teen hero, Superboy.