Beta Ray Bill vs. Red Lantern Hulk

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daydream

The Hulk has gotten his hands on a red lantern ring to play with for an entire week wreaking havoc everywhere, Thor wannabe sees him and decides to put and end to this menace...so can Beta Ray Bill overcome the Hulk in the scenarios below...? 

Rd. 1 - Savage Hulk with ring vs. Beta Ray Bill 
Rd. 2 - World War Hulk with ring (no time with the ring) vs. Beta Ray Bill  
Rd. 3 - World War Hulk with ring (a week's time to prep) vs. beta Ray Bill

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

BRB has no way of stopping the Red Flame

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" BRB has no way of stopping the Red Flame "
Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Voodoom

I agree Red Lantern Hulk not matter the version would become a comic book loophole.  Totally untroppable and strength beyond any measure.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

All BRB has to do is interrupt Hulk's rage for even a second. Hulk would die immediately.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bill stomps.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Bill is far too versatile to let Hulk put him down.

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chriconz123

You really hate the Hulk, do you?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@chriconz123said:

You really hate the Hulk, do you?

Most people who post "Red Lantern Hulk" in the OP don't understand how the Red Rings work, I find.

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chriconz123

Once he puts the ring on, he's all: ASKJDGGWQEUIDHASJFBJHFIUERDERYBQHULKSMAAAASH!!1OENOENOEN!111OENOEN!111

BRB puts him out of his misery.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eatmore_payless

@chriconz123: LOL I wont be getting over this easily for a week!

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eatmore_payless

Red Power rings are Fueled by the owners will power, but the side effect is you can't take it off, without assuring that you will survive it, and the wearer will have an uncontrollable rage, they will be more ruthless and disables speaking ability

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alexandrinus

I see Hulk winning in every scenario. Maybe in the first scenario BRB may stand a chance because savage Hulk is stupid and maybe he wouldn't be able to use the ring properly with or without prep time. WWH is a different story. He is cunning. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@eatmore_paylesssaid:

Red Power rings are Fueled by the owners will power, but the side effect is you can't take it off, without assuring that you will survive it, and the wearer will have an uncontrollable rage, they will be more ruthless and disables speaking ability

No, no and no. Red Rings are fuelled by the user's rage, not willpower. Once you wear them, they effectively become your life support system. The users don't become more ruthless, they just become mindless animals slashing and clawing at their opponents with no coherent thought. If Bill BFR's Hulk into space causing him to feel shock or surprise or anything other than rage, the ring will kill him immediately.

@alexandrinus said:

I see Hulk winning in every scenario. Maybe in the first scenario BRB may stand a chance because savage Hulk is stupid and maybe he wouldn't be able to use the ring properly with or without prep time. WWH is a different story. He is cunning.

Doesn't matter how cunning he is, the minute he wears that ring he's a drooling animal.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eatmore_payless
@CitizenBane
The Red Power Rings were created as a conduit for the Red Energy of Rage. A Red Lantern Ring is similar in form and function to that of a Green Lantern Ring. However, whereas a Green Lantern Ring is powered by willpower, a Red Lantern Ring is fueled by rage. Members, upon taking on the ring, undergo a form of indoctrination; making its members give into the rage and hatred in their hearts until it is all that they know; an all consuming need for revenge and destruction which in turn takes over their minds. For one to be accepted by a Red Power Ring, one must feel great rage over a loss

that is what I was meant to say lol
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By alexandrinus
@CitizenBane
Ok. My mistake then. Didn't quite understand how the red ring worked. Thanks for the explanation. Still, I think Hulk would win in every scenario. If the ring is powered by it's user's rage and Hulk is a master at that can Bill stand any chance?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@alexandrinus said:

@CitizenBane: Ok. My mistake then. Didn't quite understand how the red ring worked. Thanks for the explanation. Still, I think Hulk would win in every scenario. If the ring is powered by it's user's rage and Hulk is a master at that can Bill stand any chance?

Just because Hulk has rage doesn't mean he knows how to use the ring properly. And like I said, one BFR into space will create shock or surprise in Hulk, and that will kill him.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By alexandrinus
@CitizenBane
Usually when a person sucumbs to rage he doesn't think staigth. Does that mean that everyone who wields the red lantern ring can not tap into it's full power? 
And Hulk is not a character easily BFRed. With the red lantern ring it would be even more difficult. The way the red ring is described it looks like it's the ring who controls the person and not the other way around. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@alexandrinus said:

@CitizenBane: Usually when a person sucumbs to rage he doesn't think staigth. Does that mean that everyone who wields the red lantern ring can not tap into it's full power? And Hulk is not a character easily BFRed. With the red lantern ring it would be even more difficult. The way the red ring is described it looks like it's the ring who controls the person and not the other way around.

Stormbreaker can BFR Hulk in exactly the same way as Mjolnir. And it depends on the experience of the people using it.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alexandrinus
@CitizenBane
I know that. But even Thor wasn't able to BFR Hulk  very often. The only time I remember is actually in Fear Itself. And even though I found it stupid, the amount of power Thor used to do it seemed to let him drained (though I like to believe that this was the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk until now - but there are no feats to prove this). 
And usually when you do something to the Hulk that he's not used to he deosn't get surprised very often. He stays even angrier. But there were times where Hulk was suprised mainly against Thor. 
A regular human becomes a very dangerous foe with a power ring (be it green, yellow, red or black) and any of the lanterns whe know (human) can compete toe to toe with superman and even defeat him. Now imagine Hulk with such power. Bill would have a hard time. The way I see it Hulk would win in every scenario 8/10.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@alexandrinus said:

@CitizenBane: I know that. But even Thor wasn't able to BFR Hulk very often. The only time I remember is actually in Fear Itself. And even though I found it stupid, the amount of power Thor used to do it seemed to let him drained (though I like to believe that this was the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk until now - but there are no feats to prove this). And usually when you do something to the Hulk that he's not used to he deosn't get surprised very often. He stays even angrier. But there were times where Hulk was suprised mainly against Thor. A regular human becomes a very dangerous foe with a power ring (be it green, yellow, red or black) and any of the lanterns whe know (human) can compete toe to toe with superman and even defeat him. Now imagine Hulk with such power. Bill would have a hard time. The way I see it Hulk would win in every scenario 8/10.

He was drained because he'd been kicked around by two of the Worthy. And Hulk has been surprised many times. Even scared. Bill can drain Hulk's red energies, BFR him into a supernova, or even use Stormbreaker to sever Hulk's ring arm at superspeed. The way I see it Hulk wins 1/10 at best.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alexandrinus
@CitizenBane
I don't know about being "kicked around". I only saw Thor being hit twice by the Hulk (Nul). Don't remember Ben( Angrir) even touching him. 
Severing Hulk's ring arm won't be that easy. Stormbreaker his an equal to Mjolnir and Thor was never able to do that to the Hulk (even though I say he should be able to do it without much effort). Draining those energies. If Thor doesn't use Mjolnir to drain Hulk's gama energies what makes you think Stormbreaker can do it (once again I think both hammers should be able to do so). Problem is both Thor and BRB's powers have changed during the years (they became less powerful) and even their hammers powers have changed. Mjolnir nowadays doesn't seem even to be able to drain energy (if it does then really the writers just want Thor to be kicked around everytime he and the Hulk figth).
Truth is recently Mjolnir hasn't been shown to possess the abilities to do what you say and if Stormbreaker is a copy (in powers) of Mjolnir, it can't do it either. As for the BFR Thor did it to an amped Hulk so I'll give it to you. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Hulk fan and I prefer Thor or BRB over him, but recently Thor's showings have been poor (except for the Chaos War arc) and BRB has the same powers than he has so I don't see him fare better than Thor against the same kind of opponents.