Both full power

Who wins and why

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Beta Ray Bill for the win... Orion will give him hell though... Astro Force is a very potent tool that Orion can use here.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might come down to who gets the first "lick" in. Total toss up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Orion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Which brings it down to h2h, where I think Orion wins since he's bested Darkseid in h2h.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Or get smacked in the head with a hammer and Orion doesn't really show any H2H skills when he fights Darkseid it mainly boxing at best

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@king_saturn: Which brings it down to h2h, where I think Orion wins since he's bested Darkseid in h2h.

I could see Beta Ray Bill just smashing Orion over the head with Stormbreaker... he wont go fist to fist with him.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion. More versatile, just as strong, if not stronger, and a better fighter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@logy5000 said:

I could see Beta Ray Bill just smashing Orion over the head with Stormbreaker... he wont go fist to fist with him.

Superman is shown to be capable of catching asgardian hammers.

No Caption Provided

I believe that Orion could do the same since his strength is comparable with Superman's. (Btw, this crossover IS canon.)

@dondave: You're underestimating Orion. While he doesn't have a profuse number of h2h feats, anybody who can match Darkseid in a fist fight is more than capable of doing the same with BRB.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TifaLockhart

He defeated Vykin's mother in martial arts too. I back Orion due to speed. Otherwise, it's close.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Bill ftw, I don't see Orion tanking too many hits from the Korbinite.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill can absorb his attacks and is much, much stronger than Orion. Plus I don't see Orion surviving planet level explosion and BRB won't hold back, so planet on which they're fighting will be destroyed.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Much stronger than Orion? Orion's strong by New Genesis standards. His Astro-force is planetary as well, if he ever cut loose which he never has.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion 6/10

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

Orion should blitz Beta, he also currently has comparable if not greater strength than Supes.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think there basickly evenbut ppl have brought up some good points

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

i think there basickly evenbut ppl have brought up some good points

The problem is even if beta shot the saint of killers bullets from his eyes he still needs to contend with Super reflexes which as far as I am aware he doesn't have.

Standard fighting for Orion seems to be rushing a guy and pounding him into the dirt, that's how he started his current fight with Supes with the exception of stopping to apologize for killing Clark to prevent a future calamity.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true but there kinda even i say orion wins 6 out of 10 do to powers but beta ray bill is just as fast as orion and is just as strong and just as powerful and just a lil bit more ruthless

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@king_saturn said:

@logy5000 said:

No Caption Provided

I believe that Orion could do the same since his strength is comparable with Superman's. (Btw, this crossover IS canon.)

Bill can simply charge Stormbreaker with Magical Energy... Orion wont be able to catch that.

TheTruthNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheTruthNerds

Orion.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Wardemon32

Orion

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dextersinister

@oceanmaster21 said:

true but there kinda even i say orion wins 6 out of 10 do to powers but beta ray bill is just as fast as orion and is just as strong and just as powerful and just a lil bit more ruthless

Unless Beta has speed other than flight speed then the combat speed advantage is too much for Beta.

Ruthlessness isn't really a factor as there both bloodlusted but Orion is a foaming at the mouth psychopath he has a granite face like Darkseids when he cuts loose, his true face made an appearance in Wonder Woman.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@dextersinister: Orion is a foaming at the mouth psychopath

LOL! So true, mon ami. So true. This would be one hell of a fight though. I just hope this showdown is out in space, because if not, we are easy collateral damage!!

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

BRB can't touch Orion, who isn't just a flying slow brick god...he's got speed and reaction feats above Beta Ray Bill and will be winning this the same way Supes wins against Thor...also, I haven't seen BRB open up a dimensional portal in the past, maybe he has...was it planet hulk? meh, nevermind...bfr isn't an option anyway since Orion has a motherbox ....

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beta tay bill has speed over orion and is just as good as orion in combat who ever wud win wudnt win easy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@king_saturn said:

@logy5000 said:

No Caption Provided

Bill can simply charge Stormbreaker with Magical Energy... Orion wont be able to catch that.

Unless the source allowed him to. Orion should be able to withstand blows from BRB, since he was able to easily withstand punches from Superman.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damm one heck of a battle. hmmm

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed is the thing that worries me, but BRB hasnt actually been blitzed so i give him the benefit of the doubt.

I back BRB

BTW BRB can absorb and redirect energy blast from Orion, but the same isnt true the other way around.

cyborgx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Orion. More versatile, just as strong, if not stronger, and a better fighter.

more versatile? how?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgx: Orion is often portrayed as a savage bruiser by most writers because they probably don't know the full extent of his power set. Aside from being one of the strongest beings in the DCU, Orion, through his manipulation of the Astro-Force is an extremely potent energy and matter manipulator, a very skilled martial artist, a tactician, and is among the very top tier of energy projectors in the DCU. His uncle the Infinity-Man told him (after watching Orion do some incredible damage to the opponents he was fighting) that he, despite the planet-razing damage he just finished doing, had'nt "tapped into a fraction of the Astro-Force's true power". Infinity-Man is like the Source's kneecapper/enforcer. He knows intimately what the capabilities of the Alpha Effect, the Omega Effect, the Astro-Force, and the Anti-Life Equation are, so I say that Orion 6/10 here; Especially if he lands the first few shots to crucial nerve centers....

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both so ruthless. Hmm..Beta Ray Bill got this. I don't see any speed advantage Orion would have over Bill. Not to mention with Storm Breaker, Bill strikes harder than Orion with his fists.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I don't see any speed advantage Orion would have over Bill. Not to mention with Storm Breaker, Bill strikes harder than Orion with his fists.

Orion is no slouch in the speed department either. And i'm not just talking about "traveling FTL simply by hanging on for dear life by a leather thong at the bottom of my hammer" speed, i'm talking about actual combat speed/reaction time and literally running on foot several times the speed of sound. He can travel MUCH faster on Aero-Disks or on his Astro-Harness. This is an awesome fight, but Bill's got some work to do.....

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spiderbuck1

Two ruthless powerhouses, both with a versatile array of offensive and defensive weaponry, combat and travel speed. This is a GREAT matchup, and is as close to a stalemate as you can get imo, but I'm giving the slight edge to BRB.

Speed is the thing that worries me, but BRB hasnt actually been blitzed so i give him the benefit of the doubt.

I back BRB

BTW BRB can absorb and redirect energy blast from Orion, but the same isnt true the other way around.

Both so ruthless. Hmm..Beta Ray Bill got this. I don't see any speed advantage Orion would have over Bill. Not to mention with Storm Breaker, Bill strikes harder than Orion with his fists.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck:Two ruthless powerhouses, both with a versatile array of offensive and defensive weaponry, combat and travel speed. This is a GREAT matchup, and is as close to a stalemate as you can get imo

True that. But after thinking about it a little longer, I think i'll back Orion for a slight majority on this one (and I really like BRB!). Strength, durability, healing factors, savagery, these guys would get along great if they ever met, probably kick plenty of ass together while they were at it. But I know that Orion can subconciously tap into the Astro-Force to continually increase his strength and other physical stats as well as his energy projection's intensity/duration. It's a process not unlike how the Heralds of Galactus increase their stats by absorbing ambient cosmic energy into themselves for a boost on occasion (which makes sense considering that King Kirby created both Galactus' Heralds AND Orion). If they start off the fight roughly equal, Orion can just keep getting stronger and stronger and faster and faster. Considering that Orion is the better trained martial artist between the two of them, that strength and speed bonus would be one hell of an obstacle to overcome. But i'm sure that Orion would respect the crap out of Bill as a true warrior and probably instruct Mother Box to heal any injuries Bill would have sustained during the battle, and offer to buy him a brew to show him "no hard feelings". This is an awesome battle that really needs to be published, with Walt Simonson on pencils...

cyborgx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck:Two ruthless powerhouses, both with a versatile array of offensive and defensive weaponry, combat and travel speed. This is a GREAT matchup, and is as close to a stalemate as you can get imo

True that. But after thinking about it a little longer, I think i'll back Orion for a slight majority on this one (and I really like BRB!). Strength, durability, healing factors, savagery, these guys would get along great if they ever met, probably kick plenty of ass together while they were at it. But I know that Orion can subconciously tap into the Astro-Force to continually increase his strength and other physical stats as well as his energy projection's intensity/duration. It's a process not unlike how the Heralds of Galactus increase their stats by absorbing ambient cosmic energy into themselves for a boost on occasion (which makes sense considering that King Kirby created both Galactus' Heralds AND Orion). If they start off the fight roughly equal, Orion can just keep getting stronger and stronger and faster and faster. Considering that Orion is the better trained martial artist between the two of them, that strength and speed bonus would be one hell of an obstacle to overcome. But i'm sure that Orion would respect the crap out of Bill as a true warrior and probably instruct Mother Box to heal any injuries Bill would have sustained during the battle, and offer to buy him a brew to show him "no hard feelings". This is an awesome battle that really needs to be published, with Walt Simonson on pencils...

Good post, thanks@heraldofganthet

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sandiego008

The one that doesnt look like a horse wins.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemowlcher:

I guess it's because i'm new around here and have'nt yet had a chance to get crotchedy and jaded, lol:)

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By New_World_Order

The one that doesnt look like a horse wins.

How?

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The son of Darkseid Wins. Superior durability. Better Tech. Has gone toe-to-toe with Superman (understatement here). And has the Mother Box tech.

Dog of War All the Way !

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: He has taken on the new gods and held his own. He has a forcefield that has blocked darkseids omega beams, and I'm pretty sure when he fights superman there was a scan where he held back b/c he was scared of killing supes. Orion is plenty fast and durable enough to take on brb ...

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: He has taken on the new gods and held his own. He has a forcefield that has blocked darkseids omega beams, and I'm pretty sure when he fights superman there was a scan where he held back b/c he was scared of killing supes. Orion is plenty fast and durable enough to take on brb ...

I see.

Dbogan67theman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dbogan67theman

Beta Ray Bill...Despite both of them trained as warriors...Beta Ray Bill defeated Thor twice without being godly by Odin. So this makes Beta Ray Bill more stronger thunder god as in raw power that he still haven't tapped in yet. Orion is a new god who can't control his own rage level, makes it more better for Beta Ray Bill to defeat him.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@dbogan67theman: Beta Ray Bill...Despite both of them trained as warriors...Beta Ray Bill defeated Thor twice without being godly by Odin. So this makes Beta Ray Bill more stronger thunder god as in raw power that he still haven't tapped in yet. Orion is a new god who can't control his own rage level, makes it more better for Beta Ray Bill to defeat him.

Not necessarily. The two times that Bill "defeated " Thor happened 1st back when Mjolnir had a 60 second time limit to return to Thor's hand before it would turn into a simple walking stick (turning him into Donald Blake in the process). That battle was a "Time Out" victory, therefore a technicality. The second time was when Odin, who wanted to reward Bill for being noble enough to lift Mjolnir without costing Thor his birthright, chose (out of ALL the Nine Worlds) Skartheim as the battleground for their rematch knowing (through his Cosmic Awareness) that Bill would be the better suited out of the two of them to win a physical conflict there. Again, another technicality. This allowed Odin to come up with a win-win: Thor got to keep Mjolnir and Bill got its equivalent in Stormbreaker. As for Orion's rage, while it's true that he'd rather destroy his enemies, he can control himself when required, in addition to Mother Box's well known ability to mitigate this chore for him while effortlessly multi-tasking several dozens of other things. Bill does have the combined power of his Korbinite heritage and the "Power of Thor", but to truely understand Orion, you have to remember that he can subconciously tap the Astro-Force nigh-indefinitely to boost his already Kryptonian/Daxamite level strength to even more insane levels. Doing so also increases his combat speed, reaction time, and the intensity of his energy projection(s). This is a great fight that I hope they publish one day, but Orion would eventually win here. Afterward, they'd probably team up to whip some ass in Jotenheim or something..