VS

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TifaLockhart

Beta Ray Bill. He's Thor's equal/near-equal while Mongul got trounced by Superman. Stormbreaker for the win.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Onemoreposter

Battle of Yellow skins! Mongul Sr. would win especially pre-COIE. Mongul Jr. I think would win as well. However, I'm no particular expert on Bill, but I know he's suppose to be Thor level while Mongul Jr is Superman level.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter said:

Battle of Yellow skins! Mongul Sr. would win especially pre-COIE. Mongul Jr. I think would win as well. However, I'm no particular expert on Bill, but I know he's suppose to be Thor level while Mongul Jr is Superman level.

Beta Ray Bill wins.

Beta Ray Bill is a little weaker than Thor, because he is not a natural Asgardian God like Thor, therefor not having all the same ability's as Thor without his hammer Storm Breaker. With it he could control the weather and could do pretty much the same things as Thor. Except Godblast, Anti Matter Blast, ect. Read the Annihaltor stories and you will se or the battle with Stardust where he destroyed a planet and got away from a black hole. Thor is Superman's level and so is Beta Ray Bill.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TifaLockhart

@jeanroygrant: But more importantly, Mongul is not.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:

Mongul 1 is Superman's physical superior

...though I'm fairly sure that's not who we're discussing.....

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TifaLockhart

Pre-Crisis. Post-Crisis, he beat a severely weakened Superman. He never had any rings either.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter: Is that Silver Age Superman?

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jameshebrew

idk mongul is just a all around beast to deal with..my moneys on him

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bo88gdan

@jeanroygrant said:

@Onemoreposter said:

Beta Ray Bill wins.

Beta Ray Bill is a little weaker than Thor, because he is not a natural Asgardian God like Thor, therefor not having all the same ability's as Thor without his hammer Storm Breaker. With it he could control the weather and could do pretty much the same things as Thor. Except Godblast, Anti Matter Blast, ect. Read the Annihaltor stories and you will se or the battle with Stardust where he destroyed a planet and got away from a black hole. Thor is Superman's level and so is Beta Ray Bill.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By vuviper

Could go either way for me, Mongul isn't the most consistent character around but he's ususally portrayed as superman level or above in strength. His flesh isn't quite as impervious as Superman's so it could get pretty bloody. But he seems to be able to keep fighting despite bloody injury

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameshebrew said:

idk mongul is just a all around beast to deal with..my moneys on him

BRB wins. Especially if this is pre falshpoint Mongul.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

@jeanroygrant: ....bronze....

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donkey face wins.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By terry2012

My money is on Mongul.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant: ....bronze....

What does that mean?

@terry2012 said:

My money is on Mongul.

Why?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Onemoreposter

@jeanroygrant: what do you mean what do I mean? you asked if that was SA Superman in the scan. I replied "bronze", as in, the bronze age, as opposed to, the silver age.

Also I'd like to point out that in his first post-coie appearance Mongul initially bested Superman. Though I can't find the scans, I can provide issue #s

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant: what do you mean what do I mean? you asked if that was SA Superman in the scan. I replied "bronze", as in, the bronze age, as opposed to, the silver age.

Also I'd like to point out that in his first post-coie appearance Mongul initially bested Superman. Though I can't find the scans, I can provide issue #s

Well if you replied properly instead of replying ....Bronze..., maybe i wouldv'e knew.

Beta Ray Bill could do so to.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Mongul

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By terry2012

@jeanroygrant: Because he equal to superman if not stronger than superman. He smart and I like him. He wins but not very easy. Don't get me wrong like Beta ray bill too he's like thor but better.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferdelance said:

Mongul

@terry2012 said:

My money is on Mongul.

How does Mongul win? Bill is faster, more versatile, and can throw his hammer through his face him.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By terry2012

@venomoushatred1001: You say that as if Mongul is slow he has super speed too. Do you really think Mongul is just going to stand there and take a hit in the face from a hammer?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012 said:

@venomoushatred1001: You say that as if Mongul is slow he has super speed too. Do you really think Mongul is just going to stand there and take a hit in the face from a hammer?

I doubt he faster than Bill especially since Supes has 0 problems blitzing him in battle and Bill can dodge things moving at him at faster than light speeds. Bill will easily knock him unconscious with his hammer and versatility.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vuviper

@venomoushatred1001: Do you have any examples of BRB's reflexes? And as for versatility I've never seen him use muchother than lighting bolts energy blasts and hammer swings

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By terry2012

@venomoushatred1001: He doesn't need to be faster than him just fast enough to tag him. Yes supes fly around Mongul but supes fly faster than the speed of light and he still get tag by powerhouses so nothing changes there. Once again he have to hit him first if he can.

Mongul II ( aka Mongul Jr. ):

Mongul has physical strength to fight on equal terms against Superman. Mongul has enough physical strength to defeat Wonder Woman (Infinite Crisis issue 1, Mongul defeats Wonder Woman effortlessly).

Mongul also has a magnificent durability (Mongul withstood several blows from Superman).

Mongul has a powerful energy cannon (the cannon is located in the chest). This cannon fires powerful bursts of energy.

After the Sinestro Corps War, Mongul got a Qwardian Power Ring. Mongul killed several members of the Sinestro Corps (Mongul got more rings). Mongul also seems to be very talented with the rings, as he able to battle nine veteran Lanterns at the same time and still hold the advantage. Aside from his physical prowess and power rings Mongul is a very skilled combatant. And this just Jr. It a good thing The Op didn't put Sr. here. Tell do you think BRB is stronger than Wonder Woman?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

@venomoushatred1001: Do you have any examples of BRB's reflexes? And as for versatility I've never seen him use muchother than lighting bolts energy blasts and hammer swings

Can see and react to things moving at multipl times the speed of light

Reacts to a milisecond (1000 times that of a second)
Reacts to a milisecond (1000 times that of a second)

My computer is being a jackass so I scan put any scans right now. Bill is capable is projecting magical energies powerful enough to harm heralds and even Galactus. He can also create protective force fields. Bill is simply too much for Mongul.

@terry2012 said:

@venomoushatred1001: He doesn't need to be faster than him just fast enough to tag him. Yes supes fly around Mongul but supes fly faster than the speed of light and he still get tag by powerhouses so nothing changes there. Once again he have to hit him first if he can.

Mongul II ( aka Mongul Jr. ):

Mongul has physical strength to fight on equal terms against Superman. Mongul has enough physical strength to defeat Wonder Woman (Infinite Crisis issue 1, Mongul defeats Wonder Woman effortlessly).

Mongul also has a magnificent durability (Mongul withstood several blows from Superman).

Mongul has a powerful energy cannon (the cannon is located in the chest). This cannon fires powerful bursts of energy.

After the Sinestro Corps War, Mongul got a Qwardian Power Ring. Mongul killed several members of the Sinestro Corps (Mongul got more rings). Mongul also seems to be very talented with the rings, as he able to battle nine veteran Lanterns at the same time and still hold the advantage. Aside from his physical prowess and power rings Mongul is a very skilled combatant. And this just Jr. It a good thing The Op didn't put Sr. here. Tell do you think BRB is stronger than Wonder Woman?

Brb is strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor and is powerful enough to effortlessly destroy planets and hurt Galactus.

Bill is able to withstand planetary explosion, supernovas, and planet busting blows from Thor.

Bill is capable is projecting magical energies powerful enough to harm heralds and even Galactus.

Mongul doesn't have a power ring in this fight so I don't see how thats relevant.

RESPECT DONKEY FACE!!!!

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Greendevil

This is an epic fight. Mongul should not be underestimated. He is very calculating and brutal. But so is BRB. Imo Mongul with 1 ring would be much better fight!

BRB after an epic fight that destroys the planet!

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By terry2012

@venomoushatred1001: I know what BRB can do. I do respect Beta Ray Bill. I'm quite familiar with Beta Ray Bill beating Thor twice. You have to take it for what it is. Marvel and Detective Comics see strength and powers in a different way. So it written in a different way. Detective Comics characters are stronger than Marvel characters. If Beta Ray Bill were to crossover into Detective Comics universe he would be at 85-90 tonner at best. If Detective Comics was to crossover into marvel universe they would be weaker in terms of strength 75-80 or 85 toners. Plus Mongul can teleport which is fast than light. Plus he has his own weapons that he can use he just prefer not to use them. Plus mongul only weakness is his own ego.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By nefarious

I'm going with Mongul. The guy has beaten Superman and taken on groups of Green Lanterns.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vuviper

@venomoushatred1001: I appreciate the scans, but if I'm interpreeting them correctly it just looks like he saw a streak of light, though it's impressive on quasars part that he could tell it was moving multiple times the speed of light. BRB simply saw where it went, which doesn't say whether he could or couldn't track it. It's like how we can see a flood light in the sky or a lightning bolt.

I already energy blasts, so that just means forcefields is new. Not really overwhelming versatility there. Anyway I still say it's about even.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigcimmerian

Beta Ray Bill wins, one hammer throw, thrown at twice the speed of light should do the job

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Simon_the_digger

1. Is unaffected by both Supergirl and Hal Jordan.

2. Takes care of both Superman and J'onn J'onzz.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3. Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman hurts her hand punching Mongul

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

BRB

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jojjimbo

This fight could go either way, by I'm gonna say BRB.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crabtree

BRB ftw.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strike3

@Onemoreposter:

People like Captain Marvel or Orion can stalemate Supes, so their his level, Mongul Jr.'s been defeated quickly before vs Supes. He barely won his slug fest vs Akillo, and Bill make this a good fight since he can get brutal as well.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Strike3

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:

BRB's the physical equal to Thor. Since Odin & Gaia aren't his parents though, he won't become King Thor-level in the future.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeanroygrant

BRB.