#1 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Beta Ray Bill defeat the Green Lantern Kilowog in an All Out Fight ?

#2 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily.

#3 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

He dosen't need that level of strength,his Stormbreaker matches Mjlonir,and he has fought a Herald of Galactus,he has handled Fenris,and many more.Kilowog cant handle him.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Easily."

I dont man. Kilowog could hold him for a while with those Energy Constructs. I dont believe Beta Ray Bill has Superman level strength. If he did I could see this fight being a bit more diffucult for Kilowog.

#5 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

I might even call this a curbstomp.

Stormbreaker power:

Ya'll sleeping on Beta.

#6 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

He cracked Galactus's helmet.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...interesting. I had made a Thor vs Green Lantern thread a while back. People where actually making cases for Green Lantern having a chance. But I guess that was more hear say that anything. Though I do wonder if Kilowog could create solid constructs strong enough to block Beta Ray Bill's intial attacks.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"He cracked Galactus's helmet."

I heard about that before. I actually never read it though.

#9 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Akira is getting a little carried away with words like "easily" and "curbstomp". Kilowog is one of the most skilled lanterns in the Corps with a weapon that can do anything he can think of. He may not have the fame and fans of Hal or Kyle, but he's just as good a ring slinger if not better. His skill level and experience would also clue him in on ways to use the ring effectively if he finds himself outmatched powerwise. Even thought Stormbreaker's pretty powerful I don't know if that would be the case, but say it were, this battle won't necessarily be won by brute force and power. I find myself saying quite a bit that small things can be just as dangerous as big things. How useful is Stormbreaker if a small explosion goes off in Bill's brain? Don't know how durable Bill is (though that shouldn't matter for the ring) or if he's got anything that would keep something like that from killing him, but that's just an example. In any case, Killowog doesn't enjoy killing even though he now has permission. He could still find plenty of other ways to subdue Bill, especially with the ring telling him whatever information he doesn't already know.

#10 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"King Saturn says:
"Akira Overdrive says:
"He cracked Galactus's helmet."
I heard about that before. I actually never read it though."
Ill post the scan later...or use this link to see how much of a beats BRB is.
" />http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=399848&pagenumber=2"

Oh Okay. Thanks

#12 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray!

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

beta

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill

#15 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog is one of the better GL's, if not for his willpower, but his actual physical abilities. Kilowog is actually very strong even without the ring. He's one of the few Green Lanterns that have super-human abilities without the ring. But, as it was said, Bill is just too much for him.

#16 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill should be able to smash any of Kilowags constructs

#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.  I think it's actually a good fight.

Ketch is right.  Kilowog is one of the best ring slingers around.  Bill may just be too much for him, though.

#18 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill is too badass
#19 Posted by Rolandthunder25 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Closer fight than people would think (Kilwog is pretty versatile, a great warrior and pretty strong) but Bill's power would overwhelm him soon enough...there is no need to recharge Stormbreaker!

#20 Edited by not2baad (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its close but I say Kilowog

#21 Posted by logy5000 (5791 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#22 Edited by Perethorn (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill FTW

Altough, Kilowog is not to be underestimated, he is not as durable and strong as Beta Ray and his powers are less destructive. The only thing that Kilowog has to match Beta Ray is speed.

#23 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a mismatch. Beat Ray Bill wins pretty easy. Im not trying to be mean, but i think this should be locked because its a very old thread and making cases on something its obviously a mismatch its unpractical.

#24 Posted by ShadowHuntR (501 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a mismatch. Beat Ray Bill wins pretty easy. Im not trying to be mean, but i think this should be locked because its a very old thread and making cases on something its obviously a mismatch its unpractical.

Lol? Your talking about Kilowog, a guy who's been able to hurt Superman and defeat him. I think you might want to learn more about the character next time before making that kind of comment.

Thanks.

#25 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill for the smack down.

#26 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowhuntr: Yeah, i totally forgot if anyone can hurt Superman that makes him the strongest most powerful character ever. Give me a break, YOU should learn more about BRB before actually telling me what to do. First... He had 2 rings against Sups, 2nd, Hal is more powerful than him and Superman is above Hal aswell... And we're talking about someone that can give a good fight to Silver Surfer. Im sorry, but BRB stomps.

#27 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I think it was already stated here that 2rings do not increase one's power. You shouldn't use an ABC argument like superman>Hal>kilowag...because u said that urself.. Kilowag taught Hal before? Anyway recently I think Beta ray bill has faced off with heralds and planets lol. Rings have the ability to destroy planets I think, though rarely done. As defense, pretty sure kilowag has survived an explosion from the destruction of a planet.

#28 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: Yea, it was already stated that having 2 rings its the same as having 1... OBVIOUSLY that's true and that's why Mongul Jr. has 10 yellow rings... Why doesn't he use only one? Its VERY unpractical to use 10 rings if its the same as using 1. Im not following. Maybe having 2 rings gives you the edge... it means more constructs and twice the abilities you can use at the same time. Like play defensive and offensive at the same time... I know it doesn't increase your power because for Lanterns power is measured by will power, but having 2 rings obviously increases your "fire power" and power output. That statement can be soooo easily misunderstood and wrongly used... as you just proved.

#29 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@linsanel_doctor: Yea, it was already stated that having 2 rings its the same as having 1... OBVIOUSLY that's true and that's why Mongul Jr. has 10 yellow rings... Why doesn't he use only one? Its VERY unpractical to use 10 rings if its the same as using 1. Im not following. Maybe having 2 rings gives you the edge... it means more constructs and twice the abilities you can use at the same time. Like play defensive and offensive at the same time... I know it doesn't increase your power because for Lanterns power is measured by will power, but having 2 rings obviously increases your "fire power" and power output. That statement can be soooo easily misunderstood and wrongly used... as you just proved.

Mongul creating what seems to be "more" constructs than the average user with a ring can concieve, doesn't mean that the power is increased.. I could say that because Mongul is more versatile with the ring. He did spend a lot of time analyzing the ring itself, or that he is a great output for fear..

I don't think having two rings or more gives an edge to just anybody, because a skilled wielder could concievably do the same with one ring. The power of willpower does not change.

#30 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill is going to tear him up, and he won't get the benefit of reforming like Stardust has. He's simply out-matched.

#31 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: Then ill re-ask you the same question, why would Mongul use a ring in every single one of his fingers if they change NOTHING about the power output... ?

#32 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: Then ill re-ask you the same question, why would Mongul use a ring in every single one of his fingers if they change NOTHING about the power output... ?

I guess he's a boss, and it's in his nature to collect trophies. I don't know, the rings can be manipulated, beings like Sinestro have tampered with the rings before. As for other lanterns, I think there isn't a solid case for your idea.

#33 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: There's isn't a solid case for your idea either, i mean, common sense takes place here... Having one ring, sure you're ok, having 2 rings equal twice the firepower but with the same intensity... Sounds pretty solid to me. Now claiming that having more than 1 ring doesn't change anything, well... that's weirder than my idea.

#34 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: There's isn't a solid case for your idea either, i mean, common sense takes place here... Having one ring, sure you're ok, having 2 rings equal twice the firepower but with the same intensity... Sounds pretty solid to me. Now claiming that having more than 1 ring doesn't change anything, well... that's weirder than my idea.

lol, I could just use the idea of kilowag having 2 power rings, didn't make him twice as strong/powerful.

#35 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: I could use the idea Mongul Jr. was fighting with 10+ green Lanterns using 10 yellow rings which suggests that gave him the ability to create constructs for every single Lantern he was fighting. Its just perception man, lets agree to disagree and move on. You're not convincing me 2 rings its the same as 1 ring, while having proof there is for sure a difference.

Also... WHO said having more rings makes you stronger??? I've only mentioned power output and firepower. I mean, Having a Barret .50 sniper and a machine gun its obviously not the same. The sniper obviously will one shot you, but you can fire a sh*t load more bullets with a machine gun. With a barret you can kill 1 target efficiently, while with the machine gun you can kill a bunch of f*ckers without even aiming right.

#36 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: but if someone as obviously skilled as Kilowog used two rings that gives him a helluva edge in raw power.

BRB FTW BTW

#37 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: I could use the idea Mongul Jr. was fighting with 10+ green Lanterns using 10 yellow rings which suggests that gave him the ability to create constructs for every single Lantern he was fighting. Its just perception man, lets agree to disagree and move on. You're not convincing me 2 rings its the same as 1 ring, while having proof there is for sure a difference.

Also... WHO said having more rings makes you stronger??? I've only mentioned power output and firepower. I mean, Having a Barret .50 sniper and a machine gun its obviously not the same. The sniper obviously will one shot you, but you can fire a sh*t load more bullets with a machine gun. With a barret you can kill 1 target efficiently, while with the machine gun you can kill a bunch of f*ckers without even aiming right.

// Oh wellz, my ideas aren't really helping, >< I agree there.

Eh, it sounds sketchy to me, the whole thing.

@linsanel_doctor: but if someone as obviously skilled as Kilowog used two rings that gives him a helluva edge in raw power.

BRB FTW BTW

=d brb ftw!

#38 Posted by ShadowHuntR (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowhuntr: Yeah, i totally forgot if anyone can hurt Superman that makes him the strongest most powerful character ever. Give me a break, YOU should learn more about BRB before actually telling me what to do. First... He had 2 rings against Sups, 2nd, Hal is more powerful than him and Superman is above Hal aswell... And we're talking about someone that can give a good fight to Silver Surfer. Im sorry, but BRB stomps.

You obviously read tons of BRB comics and none of any GL.

Actually, being able to handle Superman is a pretty good feat. Kilowog is one of the most powerful GL there is. I'd put him below Kyle and Hal. He has the advantage of having incredible strenght (not on par with Sodam Yat) but the guys has been training new GL for years and he has tons of experience with the ring.

Beta Ray Bill doesn't have what it takes to beat Kyle OR Hal. And the only advantage he would have against them would be superior strenght. Kilowog's strenght is probably a little below Superman and BRB but he'd be able to take a few good hits and handle him with the GL ring. And concerning the fight, he didn't seem to use the ring at all. He mainly used his strenght like he always does. Kilowog likes to use the ring for flight and will use construct if he really needs it. And like you said, having 2 rings doesn't give you an advantage.

You ABC logic is flawed. Who cares he can give a good fight to SS? In my opinion, Superman is above Surfer but that's another debate.

I'm sorry, but Kilowog takes 6/10.

#39 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Horse Face but it won't be easy. Great fight OP!

#40 Posted by dondave (37608 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog

#41 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowhuntr: You bumped a 1 month old comment. Anyway, i moved on. Nothing has been stated to make me change my mind. Superman is not above SS for a ton of reasons. And the issue about the 2 rings has already been debated, common sense won. Now, if you excuse me, i don't really care about this fight anymore.

BRB ftw.

#42 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: How can Kilowog beat Beta Ray Bill? This is a stomp in Bill's favor.