Beta Ray Bill & Orion vs Thor & Superman

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By reaverlation

Another 2v2 Marvel/DC mixed match up with a double bacon cheeseburger with your choice of curly or regular fries.Comes with your choice of drink from Sodas, Water, or Shakes...and a slushy .You can also get onion rings.

It's Beta Ray Bill (Current/Standard) and Orion (Pre/New 52)

Vs

Thor (Current/Standard) and Superman (Pre/New 52)

Setting:Start 1/4 a mile apart on an Earth 10 times bigger than Jupiter

Rules:

KO or Death ftw

No BFR

Standard equipment

100% teamwork

Donuts

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By reaverlation

@frozen @ancient_0f_days @lvenger @experio @beaconofstrength @dondave @new_world_order @killemall

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want a slushy, though.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably team 1

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Team 2

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, I'd say team 1 wins.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Thor has shown more power than Bill has,but Bill actually uses his hammer's abilities (which give him tactical diversity in power just as MMH's abilities do) more in combat (like shields),so...I don't know.

Orion and Thor suffer from Brick syndrome,despite all of their abilities. But Orion can stalemate Superman,so he can go against either one on team 2. So can Bill. But Bill would most likely lose to Thor given their track record...even though he shouldn't imo.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thitiki

Thor takes out Bill then Thor and Clark team up and destroy Orion.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@thitiki: Bill should be able to take out Thor first.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@thitiki: Bill is much more intelligent, and uses Stormbreaker much more effectively than Thor. A depowered Bill has already bested Thor twice, too. Bill also has much looser morals.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 1 slightly

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@beaconofstrength: When has a depowered Bill beaten Thor before? I'm reading The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill atm and seen scans from their non hammer fight later in the story. Both times, Thor and Bill are both formidable equals where neither has an advantage and the fight ends as a stalemate. You also remember the Blood and Thunder instance where Thor one shots Bill I assume? You do make some other good points though.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: He bested him in h2h the second time (while depowered). Also, I'm pretty sure Thor one shotting Bill is kinda PIS. Beta Ray Bill is also much faster, and actually uses his hammer to the fullest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger

@beaconofstrength: Damn it all, I'm having to spoil myself on what happens but I explicitly remember Bill's natural resistance to heat playing a greater role in him waking up first over Thor. And here are the scans that prove it

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

See that they both KO each other in one last blow and fall down at the exact same time. Then on the next page, Bill rises and says "The heat revives me." Korbonites had a greater affinity for heat IIRC and this is stated by Bill explicitly. So your interpretation on this fight is wrong based on its final outcome on panel. And where are you getting Bill's speed feats from? I have major issues with that one of him supposedly spotting Silver Surfer when there's misrepresentation a plenty with those scans.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both teams have chances it all depends on how the fight will go

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: The heat was definitely a part of it. Also, his reaction speed is in the nanosecond ranges. When talking about Silver Surfer bullrushing Bill, it make sense in context. He has a few other speed feats. His durability is also pretty good, considering Bill would eat planet busting attacks for lunch.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength:

The heat was definitely a part of it. Also, his reaction speed is in the nanosecond ranges. When talking about Silver Surfer bullrushing Bill, it make sense in context. He has a few other speed feats. His durability is also pretty good, considering Bill would eat planet busting attacks for lunch.

The heat is the sole reason why Bill woke up over Thor. It's specified in the scans that Bill's heat resistance woke him up first because he was used to living in a hot environment back on Korbon. If the fight had taken place on another battlefield, Thor and Bill would have KOed each other with that attack and Bill wouldn't have woken up before Thor did. The environmental advantage was in Bill's corner meaning he could recover before Thor did.

I've never seen Bill displaying any nanosecond feats that put him in the range of Superman or Surfer's reaction speeds. Surfer chumped him with his board then put the smackdown on him in a recent showing and Bill's bullrush isn't controllable in the sense that Bill cannot manoeuver as finely as Superman, Wonder Woman or Surfer can with their combat speed. Those guys would rush all over Bill with their superior speed and reactions.

(This is just a general comment btw) In the context of this battle, this is certainly a tough decision to make. I'm tempted to say too close to call because there are loads of factors at play here.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@beaconofstrength:

The heat was definitely a part of it. Also, his reaction speed is in the nanosecond ranges. When talking about Silver Surfer bullrushing Bill, it make sense in context. He has a few other speed feats. His durability is also pretty good, considering Bill would eat planet busting attacks for lunch.

The heat is the sole reason why Bill woke up over Thor. It's specified in the scans that Bill's heat resistance woke him up first because he was used to living in a hot environment back on Korbon. If the fight had taken place on another battlefield, Thor and Bill would have KOed each other with that attack and Bill wouldn't have woken up before Thor did. The environmental advantage was in Bill's corner meaning he could recover before Thor did.

I've never seen Bill displaying any nanosecond feats that put him in the range of Superman or Surfer's reaction speeds. Surfer chumped him with his board then put the smackdown on him in a recent showing and Bill's bullrush isn't controllable in the sense that Bill cannot manoeuver as finely as Superman, Wonder Woman or Surfer can with their combat speed. Those guys would rush all over Bill with their superior speed and reactions.

(This is just a general comment btw) In the context of this battle, this is certainly a tough decision to make. I'm tempted to say too close to call because there are loads of factors at play here.

Bill stopped a bull rushing Surfer, who was going FTL. Of course Surfer beat up Bill, but that's not what we're talking about. I don't want to go into further detail (I'm on a tablet), but Bill's reaction speed is in the nanosecond ranges. He's also been perceive things moving multiple times the speed of light.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@beaconofstrength: That's fine, I'm typing this from my mobile (though I made my last response on my laptop.) But when you're on a laptop or computer at some point, I'd like to see proof that Bill has nanosecond reactions. I've seen similar evidence and debunked it before so I'm wondering why you think Bill has nanosecond reactions.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XiiX

Not sure.

Superman's speed should seal the deal in his teams' favor. Otherwise, Team 1.

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think this is one of those fights where it just comes down to how the battle actually goes.

It's a solid 50/50 from either team IMO.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even though bill has beaten thor even without his Thor like powers, i think Thor has shown better feats. so the wannabe team loses but not by much

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Potato

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 cause of thors lack of speed. Give thor brb speed and that'd be an amazing matchup