Bet You Can't Name 5

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pooty

I never cared for female superheroes until this lady came around. Everything about her I should have hated. But now she is my favorite super heroine. Can you name 5 Marvel earth born heroes or villains that can beat her in a one on one fight? Rules:

This is one on one. No prep. No outside help.

Start 1 mile apart.

Everyone bloodlusted

All powers/abilities

Must have been born on earth 616 Marvel

My character and your characters are dropped 1 mile apart. Referee yells start. Can you name 5 people that can beat this lady one on one?

Photon
Photon
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

1 Mile?

• Jean Grey/ Dark Pheonix
  • Ms. Marvel/Binary
  • Wanda/HoM
  • Rogue/Ms. Marvel Powers.
  • Perhaps Emma Frost?
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Ms Marvel

Echantress

Jean Grey

Storm

Sue Storm

Scarlet Witch

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ms.Marvel

Jean Grey

Rouge (At peak level)

Scarlet Witch

She Hulk

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

@slacker the hacker said:

Ms.Marvel

Jean Grey

Rouge (At peak level)

Scarlet Witch

She Hulk

I object!!!

Edit: Im skeptical about rogue too.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fetts

Scarlet Witch 

Pheonix 

Loki (changed himself into a female for a little while) 

STORM OMFG STORM IS AWESOME AND IS GOD AND IS THE SEXIEST BLACK PERSON TO EVER BE IN COMICS! 

Captain Marvel (he was a she for a little while)

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Fetts said:
Scarlet Witch  Pheonix  Powergirl  Supergirl  Lady Flash  Miss Martian
Marvel Earth

@ReVamp said:

1 Mile?

• Jean Grey/ Dark Pheonix
  • Ms. Marvel/Binary
  • Wanda/HoM
  • Rogue/Ms. Marvel Powers.
  • Perhaps Emma Frost?
Pulsar is lightspeeder.

@jeanroygrant said:

Ms Marvel Echantress Jean Grey Storm Sue Storm Scarlet Witch

I highly doubt that bloodlusted Pulasr can't take them all, even at once. Lightspeed gives her win.

@slacker the hacker said:

Ms.Marvel Jean Grey Rouge (At peak level) Scarlet Witch She Hulk

As above.

Besides, I don't see why her enemies have to be female. Marvel Earth 616, no prep, etc. but where was it said that we can't pick up men?

So:
1.Graviton
2.Absorbing Man
3.Sinister
4.Apocalypse
5.Makkari.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fetts
@czarny_samael666: Oh. My bad 
emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emperorznb
  1. Quasar
  2. HOM Wanda
  3. Mad Jim Jaspers
  4. Donald Blake
  5. Blue Marvel
  6. Anti-Man
  7. PR Molecule Man
  8. Darwin (probably)
  9. Absorbing Man
  10. Apocalypse
  11. X-Man
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

Speed is an issue. In addition to the one's emperorznb mentioned, which I think are the best of the above, I'd add the following, if they had a second or two of prep: Dr. Strange, Red Hulk (with energy absorption), Moondragon, Legion, Morgan Le Fay, Adam Warlock with Soul Gem.

Taking speed into account, I think Quasar, Molecule Man (any version), Sentry/Void, Nova Prime, Korvac, and Binary are the best choices--all able to deal with lightspeed reaction time or close to it, more or less invulnerable to attacks, and able to do energy absorption/manipulation.

But the point is well taken--she's a tough cookie to beat for anyone who isn't extremely powerful.

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

@Fetts said:

Scarlet Witch Pheonix Loki (changed himself into a female for a little while) Kitty Pride Captain Marvel (he was a she for a little while)

lol!! That one's a killer

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fetts
@Supreme Cosmic: I know I know. I figured that would get a comment on that. But I know who to replace with her X)  
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Owie said:

Speed is an issue. In addition to the one's emperorznb mentioned, which I think are the best of the above, I'd add the following, if they had a second or two of prep: Dr. Strange, Red Hulk (with energy absorption), Moondragon, Legion, Morgan Le Fay, Adam Warlock with Soul Gem.

Taking speed into account, I think Quasar, Molecule Man (any version), Sentry/Void, Nova Prime, Korvac, and Binary are the best choices--all able to deal with lightspeed reaction time or close to it, more or less invulnerable to attacks, and able to do energy absorption/manipulation.

But the point is well taken--she's a tough cookie to beat for anyone who isn't extremely powerful.

If You would like to include speed, You have to choose speedsters or people who can't be destroyed as most of others. 
Of course if You don't want to take people like MJJ, Gaea or Franklin Richards.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Owie said:

If You would like to include speed, You have to choose speedsters or people who can't be destroyed as most of others. Of course if You don't want to take people like MJJ, Gaea or Franklin Richards.

Right...that's why the people I mentioned (in the second paragraph) can all deal with that kind of speed, and/or can't be destroyed by her. I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sandiego008

@Fetts said:

STORM OMFG STORM IS AWESOME AND IS GOD AND IS THE SEXIEST BLACK PERSON TO EVER BE IN COMICS!

she wins by such a large margin it makes her win 5 times in a row!!!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

Reality Warpers: Frankin. MJJ, HOM Wanda

Molecule Man and Binary. Void and Korvac.

When have Quasar and Nova Prime shown lightspeed combat ability. Obviously they can travel at said speeds or faster but travel speeds is not necessarily equivalent to combat speed?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Skaddix said:

When have Quasar and Nova Prime shown lightspeed combat ability. Obviously they can travel at said speeds or faster but travel speeds is not necessarily equivalent to combat speed?

I know this is a much debated topic, but in my opinion if you are going to be able to travel at lightspeed, you have to be able to think and react at lightspeed, otherwise you are going to run into a star sooner or later. You have to be able to think about what you are doing, and correct course, etc. I don't know whether they've been shown fighting at lightspeed on panel, but certainly they've been shown fighting at ultrafast speeds as they course through space battling other ultrafast space-faring characters, atatcking space ships that are going at high percentages of light speed, etc.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By emperorznb

@Skaddix said:

@Owie said:

Korvac was born in Earth-691... since the OP stated that characters should only be in 616 then Korvac is forbidden... but yeah, Korvac stomps Pulsar ^^

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Skaddix

Most spacehships in fiction enter hyperspace and travel at FTL but that in no way means they engage in combat at FTL speeds at all so no I am sorry I don't agree. Also it depends sure if your superman u have to think but if u got some high tech device it will do the calculations for u and I believe Nova uses tech for his powers. Also Dr. Strange and several spellcasters can teleport which is faster than light but again they don't fight at that speed.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pooty

@Skaddix: @Owie: I agree with Owie. Your mind has to be able to process all the sights and objects or you would crash into everything. Teleportation is not speed. That is manipulating time/space. And i don't know what space ships have to do with this.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix

Nova uses tech just like Green Lantern therefore when they go FTL or lightspeed that have a high tech computer doing the calculations for them they don't do the calculations themselves. They are baseline humans. Superman or say the Flash on the other hand does it himself because its all his inherent powers no tech at all. Not a hard concept to understand.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pooty

@Skaddix: its not hard at all to understand. whether they are doing it themselves or a computer is aiding them, they still have to be able to react to things at light speed. If Nova is traveling light speed his computer will help him react to things around him. Nevertheless as long as he is in the suit he has light speed reflexes.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skaddix

Not really it depends on if the computer operates on auto pilot or not and how much input the user requires so travel and combat need not be the same.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pooty

@Skaddix: even if the computer was doing all the work, wouldn't it give the user light speed combat reflexes?

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Soulstealer

@pooty said:

@Skaddix: even if the computer was doing all the work, wouldn't it give the user light speed combat reflexes?

No, it would be the computer doing the work actually and if the computer can't attack independently without input from a user, then it would not have faster than light combat speed if it's user does not inherently posses such reflexes. I can't say what is the case for the above mentioned character, but I believe that was the argument being made.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By gravitypress

Only characters with energy absorption and maybe psychics. She is a super-power. So.

Ms. Marvel

Proff X

Emma Frost

Bishop

Jean Grey

Storm

Lol J/K Storm would get rolled bad.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skaddix

@Soulstealer said:

@pooty said:

No, it would be the computer doing the work actually and if the computer can't attack independently without input from a user, then it would not have faster than light combat speed if it's user does not inherently posses such reflexes. I can't say what is the case for the above mentioned character, but I believe that was the argument being made.

Thanks yes.

On the isssue of telepaths it depends on how quick the telepath is when your opponent moves lightspeed. if u have no defense will not have time to mind dominate the person before u die. And I don't think Prof X or Frost will do it in time.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReVamp

@czarny_samael666: I'm well aware of that, but she has to change into her lightform to do so. My reasoning:

• HoM - An instance is more than enough.
  • Ms. Marvel and Rogue, will hopefully absorb her.
  • Emma Frost- I was out of ideas. I confess I don't see her winning in any manner.
heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By heymanjack

PR Molecule man

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Saren

Starhawk

Molecule Man

Shaman Nate

...will post 2 more later. My head hurts.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pooty

@Soulstealer: @Skaddix: how many computers or armor work with no input from the user? I see Nova and Quasar always telling their computers and armor what to do. And they do this at speeds that a normal human shouldn't be able to process.

@ReVamp: I don't see wanda winning. They both have to think. But Photon just has to attack. Wanda has to come up with a spell. I don't think she has enough time.

@gravitypress: Ms. Marvel can win. but the telepaths are too slow i think. Bishop will be easily overloaded. IMO

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ReVamp

@pooty: Not HoM Wanda. She can just think and boom.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pooty

@ReVamp: HOM wanda? is that the one who said "No more mutants"? I guess she could win if she is used to reacting that fast.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ReVamp

@pooty: The one that re-wrote reality, yeah.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Soulstealer

@pooty said:

@Soulstealer: @Skaddix: how many computers or armor work with no input from the user? I see Nova and Quasar always telling their computers and armor what to do. And they do this at speeds that a normal human shouldn't be able to process.

@ReVamp: I don't see wanda winning. They both have to think. But Photon just has to attack. Wanda has to come up with a spell. I don't think she has enough time.

@gravitypress: Ms. Marvel can win. but the telepaths are too slow i think. Bishop will be easily overloaded. IMO

I've seen Iron Man's armor do it a number of times. It has saved his life before without him in it. Green Lantern's ring actually makes him a world in Justice to keep him alive and GLs in general owe the rings a lot of props for the things they do for them on a daily basis. And not just in that, this is my super power way either. More like the way you and I would owe our Iphone props if it could drive your car through a mine field save your daughter, then get everyone home in time for dinner. The concept of artificial intelligence is a very real one in reality, I believe you can guess how much farther it has gone in comics and science fiction.

That said I know next to nothing about Nova or Quasar, only a bit more about the latter than the former, but I agree with the argument that travel speed isn't always battle speed. And I believe the idea of starship travel was brought up to show that just because you're moving at light speed or better, it doesn't always mean that your reaction time is to that degree.

A good counter argument is to show said character reacting at those speeds though.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skaddix

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666: I'm well aware of that, but she has to change into her lightform to do so. My reasoning:

• HoM - An instance is more than enough.
  • Ms. Marvel and Rogue, will hopefully absorb her.
  • Emma Frost- I was out of ideas. I confess I don't see her winning in any manner.

I assume u mean Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers although it is possible for photon to find an energy type that ms. marvel and rogue cannot absorb. Also she is not fast enough she cannot go lightspeed on earth, I think she tops out at Mach 3 on Earth.

I am not sure HoM Wanda has to go fast. I am pretty sure she could not get killed in HoM.

Quasar, I think is now pure energy or some such so that would make sense for him as for Nova show the Scans of these lightspeed reactions.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pooty

@Soulstealer: I have no on panel proof. If your suit or ring can cause you to move at light speed, dodge objects, change directions, fire blast etc those are the same things you would do in battle. Its like evasive maneuvers. But as said, I have no proof.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By difficlus

Quasar

Absorbing Man

Bishop (maybe...)

Vulcan

Nova

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Soulstealer said:

@pooty said:

I've seen Iron Man's armor do it a number of times. It has saved his life before without him in it. Green Lantern's ring actually makes him a world in Justice to keep him alive and GLs in general owe the rings a lot of props for the things they do for them on a daily basis. And not just in that, this is my super power way either. More like the way you and I would owe our Iphone props if it could drive your car through a mine field save your daughter, then get everyone home in time for dinner. The concept of artificial intelligence is a very real one in reality, I believe you can guess how much farther it has gone in comics and science fiction.

That said I know next to nothing about Nova or Quasar, only a bit more about the latter than the former, but I agree with the argument that travel speed isn't always battle speed. And I believe the idea of starship travel was brought up to show that just because you're moving at light speed or better, it doesn't always mean that your reaction time is to that degree.

A good counter argument is to show said character reacting at those speeds though.

I brought up the space ships just because we have regularly seen Nova and Quasar flying around and attacking various aliens' battle cruisers that were traveling at interstellar speeds. Exactly what speeds, who knows. But clearly they are capable of fighting at extremely fast speeds.

I would add this in terms of travel vs reaction speeds. I definitely think it is possible for a being to have a propulsion speed that is faster than that being's ability to, say, move its arms back and forth, or type, or whatever. In other words, it could shoot through space quickly, but not control its fine motor skills as easily. But still in order to fly at those speeds, you need to think at those speeds in order to react to things in your path, which means that you have to be able to control at least your gross motor skills at those speeds in order to move out of the way of the stuff you're flying into. Since Quasar's and Nova's powers are thought-based, I see no reason why they can't use their powers at these speeds. I don't have scans of them doing this at light speed specifically, but certainly, again, they have battled various cosmic entities like the Surfer, or ships flying at interstellar speeds. So I don't think it's in question whether they can react/fight at high speeds, it's only in question whether they can do it at precisely light speed. Me personally, I would give them the benefit of the doubt there, but if others don't then I understand.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pooty

@Owie: So I don't think it's in question whether they can react/fight at high speeds, it's only in question whether they can do it at precisely light speed. Me personally, I would give them the benefit of the doubt there, but if others don't then I understand.

Thanks for saying what i was trying to say.

sixsithsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sixsithsix

This group is laughable. They have no chance. Bishop, Rogue, Storm, Enchantress, Kitty Pride,Sue Storm, Donald Blake (nice trying to scam Thor in, but doesn't count) She Hulk (seriously?) I don't see Blue Marvel or Anti Man winning over her. Neither has an ability that will do anything to her, that she can't in turn counter. Absorbing Man and Graviton have the potential to win, but not the wherewithal. Sinister and Apoc need prep, and even then it's iffy. Mad Jim isn't 616, nor is Korvac, and I believe Makkari was born on Titan not Earth. Ms Marvel would be in the laughable group, but as Binary she'd have a shot. Captain Marvel (the female one from Earth) is Pulsar so no, unless you're going for an existential self defeating kinda thing.

Here's my list...

Quasar

Adam Warlock

Magneto

Polaris (maybe)

Vulcan

HOM Wanda

Nate Grey

Jean Grey

Madelyn Pryor

Josef Huber

Ghost Rider

Vengeance

Selene

Molecule Man

Legion

Proteus

Darwin (maybe)

Lifeguard (maybe)

Rulk (maybe, but doubtful)

Sentry

Franklin Richards

Valeria Richards

Rachael Summers

Gambit with his New Son powers

Cable at full power

Mr. M

Jamie Braddock

Stryfe

Xorn (maybe)

Weapon Omega

Michail Rasputin

Nova (probably)

Exodus (probably)

Domina of the Neo

Any major mage i.e. Doom, Marquis of Death, Strange, Mordo, Margali, Brother Voodoo, etc...speed isn't an issue since they usually have autodefenses in place to counteract that

Any high level telepath i.e. Xavier, Moondragon, Quentin Quire, maybe Emma... In the time it takes Monica to think of becoming light and actually becoming light, then covering the distance, even assuming her thought speed is accelerated, it still isn't faster than a telepath thinking to shut off her brain.

Kiden Nixon with a little more experience

Most of the Power Pack kids potentially could win

There are also quite a few who while they may not normally be able to beat her, she can't beat them either, and bloodlusted she could wear herself out and lose, like Hulk, Iceman, Armageddon Man, Nefaria, etc...

There are lots more who could win, and lots more who have future potential, or who just don't have enough feats for me to definitively say they'd win yet. That said, Monica is awesome, and quite possibly my favorite female hero. This type of scenario isn't good for any character. Every single character has a list not unlike this one of people who can, and should beat them.

sixsithsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sixsithsix

@pooty: @Owie:

For the record, they do in fact have FTL feats. Unfortunately I don't have the scans, so I stayed out of saying so before. I have scans of Surfer and Warlock, but not everyone y'all've been talking about.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skaddix

Dang sixsithsix that is one hell of a list. I am not sure I agree with everything especially the bottom of that list but besides that great stuff.