Best headquarters/base of operations? Pick your choice.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By difficlus

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By difficlus

Personally its between Rock of Eternity and The Carrier : You can go anywhere in the universe from there and its a personal home with lots of space.

Oa is close second. Been at the center of the universe has its perks, but the constant assault on that planet makes it a dangerous place.

Forgot to add tardis for the doctor. damn!

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

The Carrier is quite ridiculous

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Xandar before it went bye bye

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By Dracade102

The Fortress of Solitude. 

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By beatboks1
@difficlus said:

Personally its between Rock of Eternity and The Carrier : You can go anywhere in the universe from there and its a personal home with lots of space.

Oa is close second. Been at the center of the universe has its perks, but the constant assault on that planet makes it a dangerous place.

The Tower can also let you go anywhere ( if anyone recalls it can be linked with anywhere and was linked to Kent and Inza's New York tenement)
Added advantage no one just comes to your place uninvited, they can't get in. Plus like the rock it's a place of power (reason why Salem had so many witches)  that Kent (and anyone with the knowledge) can work highly overt magics without talismans or other power sources.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

the Batcave for me..i mean..it just has so much..stuff!!

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RainEffect

The Batcave.

Bruce has about three of them in Gotham alone, and they're all ridiculously well hidden.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EpitomeofCool

watchtower and fortress of solitude are cool..

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slick23

Oa if its outside the earth...Batcave if its in Earth. .crazy batman and his giant penny :P

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus

@beatboks1 said:

@difficlus said:

The Tower can also let you go anywhere ( if anyone recalls it can be linked with anywhere and was linked to Kent and Inza's New York tenement) Added advantage no one just comes to your place uninvited, they can't get in. Plus like the rock it's a place of power (reason why Salem had so many witches) that Kent (and anyone with the knowledge) can work highly overt magics without talismans or other power sources.

sounds nice! but its pretty creepy. and felix faust lived there for a while and so did mr dibny's corpse so...blah.

But from JLA/JSA: Vice and Virtue it has pretty good security which is more than can be said for rock of eternity

@texasdeathmatch said:

The Carrier is quite ridiculous

wha? why?

:(

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Saren

The Carrier stomps.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By YoungGunna

Oa would take it but Apokolips or New Genesis would stomp if on here.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGoldenOne
The Carrier or The Batcave.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The Carrier. Why I like it: It's huge; it moves; travels through and allows access to all points in time, space and all dimensions; it can stop and rewind time; it can warp space to put whole universes in containers in its cargo bay; it has weapons; it's a little bit alive; and it has a baby universe as its power core and that's just cool.

BastardPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BastardPrime

Batcave.

Fits perfectly with the character and, it's just cool.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iron_Turtle

Batcave for me. Oa's nice and all, but I'd have to viciously beat all the guardians to death with a pool ball in a sock first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

Just read some Authority so I'm inclined to choose the Carrier for now.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By difficlus

@Buckshot said:

The Carrier. Why I like it: It's huge; it moves; travels through and allows access to all points in time, space and all dimensions; it can stop and rewind time; it can warp space to put whole universes in containers in its cargo bay; it has weapons; it's a little bit alive; and it has a baby universe as its power core and that's just cool.

good choice

:)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chaos Prime

Nice choices but for me it would be the StarShip Enterprise & its Holodecks :-)
But as it wasnt on the list voted for The Carrier :-)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Spaceship > Cave

:p

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By YoungGunna

What puts the Carrier above Oan tech like the Miracle Machine and the Great Green Glob?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By EdwardWindsor

No Britsh musuem (League of extraordinary Gentlemen), Ozymandis Artic base or even V's underground base in London. Bats is the collest Earth based then Oa for none earth based

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@difficlus: I mean like ridiculously powerful

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By Saren

@YoungGunna said:

What puts the Carrier above Oan tech like the Miracle Machine and the Great Green Glob?

It can think for itself, traverse the entire multiverse, teleport passengers anywhere and is powered by a baby universe that would overwrite the DCU if released.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus

@YoungGunna said:

um can warp and control space and time, destroy/rewrite universes or cage them if it wants, has weapons enough to destroy a planet, can access any point in space/time/dimension you name it. Heck it once teleported the ENTIRE population of earth to other dimensions during planetary cataclysm.

its also alive and talks to you.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By YoungGunna

Miracle Machine and the Glob can literally do anything the Controllers and Guardians want acomplished.

jimmy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jimmy11

The Tower and Fortress of Solitude!

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eatmore_payless

Batcave... cuz it's made by batman and it can hack the whole system of the whole planet if he wants too... ohh wait he already did

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sherlock

The Freakalair!Nothing can beat that

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By difficlus

@YoungGunna said:

Miracle Machine and the Glob can literally do anything the Controllers and Guardians want acomplished.

sounds lame lol

The carrier exists outside of space and time in the space between universes (i.e. DC/marvel/wildstorm/image and out universe) and simultaneously exists everywhere on earth at the same time as well as is reality anchored in its orbit. it is not affected by any reality altering tech or person apart from another carrier. What ever the miracle machine and glob can do will not affect the carrier. but the carrier can affect them...

xdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xdm

Carrier !

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By YoungGunna

@ difficlus : Miracle machine can't do anything to the carrier based on what? You seem to don't know exaclty what the Miracle Machine is or can do so in short its basically a Green Lantern Ring built by the Controllers to the billionth power. It was a meta textual allegory for imagination and writing. Basically it was the same as the artists pencil. By wishing a happy ending Superman got a happy ending and undid all of the damage Darkseids fall did to the multiverse. Miracle Machine is the ultimate plot device ( up there with Worgolog and IG) and could simply just wish Carrier out of existance end of story.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By difficlus

@YoungGunna said:

@ difficlus : Miracle machine can't do anything to the carrier based on what? You seem to don't know exaclty what the Miracle Machine is or can do so in short its basically a Green Lantern Ring built by the Controllers to the billionth power. It was a meta textual allegory for imagination and writing. Basically it was the same as the artists pencil. By wishing a happy ending Superman got a happy ending and undid all of the damage Darkseids fall did to the multiverse. Miracle Machine is the ultimate plot device ( up there with Worgolog and IG) and could simply just wish Carrier out of existance end of story.

basically if its effects won't reach Marvel/Image/Malibu its not hurting the carrier. the carrier exists out of DC's 52 universe altogether. When its in space, its only a reality anchorage. the real carrier is at the same time visiting worlds and realms that readers can't even concieve of. The carrier puts a skin of bleed around it so it won't be affected by changes in the universe its anchored in. Meaning anything they try to do to the carrier will not work. It's not even technically in the DC Omniverse AT ALL. its unaffected by anything within it due to the force field of bleed around it and the fact its actually surfing the comic multiverse as we know it.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YoungGunna

Your not understanding the Miracle Machine it has shown no limits as far as Im concernced. Miracle Machine just wishes the REAL carrier as you state it to appear and wishes it out of existance. What has the Carrier resisted to suggest it can't be destroyed by something that can easily effect the multiverse? I know I can give you examples that proves Carrier can't do anything to the Miracle Machine.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus said:

Oa was confirmed in Blackest night (or brightest day? one of the two )not to be the center of the Universe, the Guardians started that rumor to make themselves the main targets, they did this to keep the real center of the Universe safe, Earth. It was later again confirmed by Eclipso (JLA #52) that Earth is the center of the Universe, it is the focal point where GOD gives his love and power into the Universe and receives it back. That is why Earth and humanity is held is such high regards to GOD aka The Presence. One example being why the Spectre and other agents of GOD can only take human hosts, another being why the ROE is on Earth, another is why the Phantom stranger stays on Earth when he has the power to go wherever he so pleases, blah, blah, blah. Anyway your point stands, because of what the guardians did Oa is still quite dangerous though lol.

Anyhow nice OP here. The JLA watchtower looks like a good choice but it is also a huge target, as is the carrier, the Avenger tower.

Xander is a big target as well as looking like it sux to be there. For me its between Mt Rushmore, Batcave and Dr. Fate's tower. I choose the batcave.

Sorry for the long post.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By ComicStooge

The JLA Watchtower.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By difficlus

@CapitolPunishment said:

@difficlus said:

Oa was confirmed in Blackest night (or brightest day? one of the two )not to be the center of the Universe, the Guardians started that rumor to make themselves the main targets, they did this to keep the real center of the Universe safe, Earth. It was later again confirmed by Eclipso (JLA #52) that Earth is the center of the Universe, it is the focal point where GOD gives his love and power into the Universe and receives it back. That is why Earth and humanity is held is such high regards to GOD aka The Presence. One example being why the Spectre and other agents of GOD can only take human hosts, another being why the ROE is on Earth, another is why the Phantom stranger stays on Earth when he has the power to go wherever he so pleases, blah, blah, blah. Anyway your point stands, because of what the guardians did Oa is still quite dangerous though lol.

Anyhow nice OP here. The JLA watchtower looks like a good choice but it is also a huge target, as is the carrier, the Avenger tower.

Xander is a big target as well as looking like it sux to be there. For me its between Mt Rushmore, Batcave and Dr. Fate's tower. I choose the batcave.

Sorry for the long post.

nice detailed post, thanks

Yes i know all about the mumbo jumbo from DC (makes the universe sooo lame now but w/e)

The carrier is much safer than a simple batcave. I mean its not a huge target because no one can enter unless they have access to a door and you can't have access to a door unless the carrier (the ship is sentient) likes you and thinks you're a good person. Also as i mentioned to my posts to YoungGumma here:

The carrier exists outside of space and time in the space between universes (i.e. DC/marvel/wildstorm/image and out universe) and simultaneously exists everywhere on earth at the same time as well as is reality anchored in its orbit. it is not affected by any reality altering tech or person apart from another carrier. What ever the miracle machine and glob can do will not affect the carrier. but the carrier can affect them... it can warp and control space and time, destroy/rewrite universes or cage them if it wants, has weapons enough to destroy a planet, can access any point in space/time/dimension you name it. Heck it once teleported the ENTIRE population of earth to other dimensions during planetary cataclysm.

its also alive and talks to you.

from Buckshot:

@YoungGunna said:

Your not understanding the Miracle Machine it has shown no limits as far as Im concernced. Miracle Machine just wishes the REAL carrier as you state it to appear and wishes it out of existance. What has the Carrier resisted to suggest it can't be destroyed by something that can easily effect the multiverse? I know I can give you examples that proves Carrier can't do anything to the Miracle Machine.

far as im concerned the carrier answers to NO ONE apart from its friends. EVen the doctor (shaman on par with doctor strange at his peak) and Jenny Quantum (reality warper on par with Mad Jim Jaspers who could destroy with wildstorm universe at whim) COULD NOT affect it in anyway or cause it to go against its wishes. It is not harmed by normal space because as explained in Authority: scorched world it has a skin of bleed around it. Only thing its afraid of is extra-universal beings which feed on carriers. Proof that the miracle machine can affect something outside of the DC Universe please...Can it just make the marvel Universe go away? and yes read the authority vol 2 issue 10-14 i believe where jenny fractal was busy tearing apart the multiverse in wildstorm (she's jenny quantum's twin with the same powers) and was imploding the entire Omniverse and the carrier wasn't even concerned the least bit until jenny fractal was invited into the carrier and even then she couldn't do it any damage.

also unlike the miracle machine the carrier is a headquaters and mobile base of operation. Can people move inside the miracle machine? it is 50 miles long, 20 miles high and 8 miles wide?

Chevaliere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Chevaliere

I thought Kent Nelson's place would be in the lead. I think so.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By difficlus

No love for Mr Majestic?

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By YoungGunna

@ difficlus : So your entire argument of Carrier being above the miracle machine is it being able to run to the marvel universe to hide from being wiped from existance by a wish? And since when is Jenny Quantums powers above or on the level of the Miracle Machines that is literally reality manipulating at the CORE? The miracle machine and its energy can't be destroyed by anything the Carrier has to offer but on the other hand without the Carrier hiding in the marvel universe, theres no question in my mind that it can destroy the Carrier. The MM undid all the damage Darkseid did to the multiverse instantly, created the unbeatable universal embodiment of hate Omega, and defeated Mandrakk( a multiverse threat that stomped the Spectre, fought Cosmic Armour Superman, and was feeding on the entire multiverse). So yes the Miracle Machine is more powerful than the Carrier although I am convinced that the Carrier has shown better traveling methods.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By difficlus

@YoungGunna said:

@ difficlus : So your entire argument of Carrier being above the miracle machine is it being able to run to the marvel universe to hide from being wiped from existance by a wish? And since when is Jenny Quantums powers above or on the level of the Miracle Machines that is literally reality manipulating at the CORE? The miracle machine and its energy can't be destroyed by anything the Carrier has to offer but on the other hand without the Carrier hiding in the marvel universe, theres no question in my mind that it can destroy the Carrier. The MM undid all the damage Darkseid did to the multiverse instantly, created the unbeatable universal embodiment of hate Omega, and defeated Mandrakk( a multiverse threat that stomped the Spectre, fought Cosmic Armour Superman, and was feeding on the entire multiverse). So yes the Miracle Machine is more powerful than the Carrier although I am convinced that the Carrier has shown better traveling methods.

i'm saying the miracle machine cannot affect what exists out of universe aka the bleed.

Jenny fractal was destroying the omni-verse too, literally impoding the entire omniverse at whim and she couldn't harm the carrier, why would the miracle machine to different. Its like saying the Ultimate Nullifier can destroy something in the Image Universe while it is been operated in the marvel universe. no weapon has shown that type of power. and you have yet to prove the MM can do such a thing such as harm a sentient ship when a person impolding an omni-verse could not and another person capable of stopping time and creating a big bang (the doctor) could not. Nothing other than "i have no doubt in my mind it could" based on speculation on the powers of the Miracle Machine without evidence it can do anything that the carrier has not encountered or it can work the way you suppose it does.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By YoungGunna

@ difficlus : Didn't mean to come off as sounding like a jerk but what I'm trying to get at is how can something compete with a device(Miracle Machine) that with a wish can grant anything an has shown NO LIMITS? Was Jenny directly attacking the Carrier? And does the Carrier stay in the bleed forever? Btw has Miracle Machine has extended its reach beyond universes before a couple times actually. When Brainiac had the Miracle Machine he created Omega (just cause he could) the universal embodiment of hate it was literally unstoppable and immune to all attacks, the only way to beat Omega was to destroy the Miracle Machine itself I believe Braniac destroyed or recreated some universes during his run with MM as well. The Jenny argument isn't really covicincing me otherwise to be honest, the Miracle Machine has created a being(Omega) and destroyed a being (Mandrakk) far more powerful than Jenny is. I have never seen anything destroy the Miracle Machine at its fullest except one instance during its PC days and it was mostly due to plot to take down Omega. Can you give me something that puts the Carrier over Mandrakk?

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By difficlus

@YoungGunna said:

@ difficlus : Didn't mean to come off as sounding like a jerk but what I'm trying to get at is how can something compete with a device(Miracle Machine) that with a wish can grant anything an has shown NO LIMITS? Was Jenny directly attacking the Carrier? And does the Carrier stay in the bleed forever? Btw has Miracle Machine has extended its reach beyond universes before a couple times actually. When Brainiac had the Miracle Machine he created Omega (just cause he could) the universal embodiment of hate it was literally unstoppable and immune to all attacks, the only way to beat Omega was to destroy the Miracle Machine itself I believe Braniac destroyed or recreated some universes during his run with MM as well. The Jenny argument isn't really covicincing me otherwise to be honest, the Miracle Machine has created a being(Omega) and destroyed a being (Mandrakk) far more powerful than Jenny is. I have never seen anything destroy the Miracle Machine at its fullest except one instance during its PC days and it was mostly due to plot to take down Omega. Can you give me something that puts the Carrier over Mandrakk?

Mandrakk over Jenny? Jenny Fractal was imploding a multiverse at whim (within literal seconds) and the carrier wasn't the least concerned or worried. Also although its generally accepted in Battle Forums now i hate the logic of extrapolating on a character's abilities. I mean its ok to speculate to a degree but taking as you're simply stretching it out too much. Yes Doctor Manhattan was said to be limitless and all powerful in the watchmen universe and as far as i can see the he did everything effortlessly. Does that mean he could take on TOAA all of a sudden. Superman is said to be the powerful hero on earth. Heck any good GL should be able to deck him as with Bart and Wally flash, Doctor Fate, Alan Scott, MM and a whole list of people. You simply can't take every phrase you see in comics to be literal. As far as i can tell the Miracle Machine has never been shown to affect things in other universes. Under your logic by no limit it could very well rewrite all the comics universes including DC/ Marvel/ Wildstorm/ Image/ Darkhorse/ Malibu/ Archie under 1 wish. There isn't even anything to show it can manipulate any thing inside the bleed.

As i mentioned before the carrier is ALWAYS in the bleed and at the same time was reality anchored to earth orbit. It is semi omnipresent in that it exists in many points of space/time at the same time and outside of space/time simultaneously.. It is EVERYWHERE on earth (its location in space time) so just because it looks like its 50 miles long its not. It exists on everywhere on earth AND a reality anchor in earth orbit AND surfs the bleed for leisure which is where its true form really is. Complicated but bleh...Did i mention it can also wrap space and time and reality?

So as far as i can tell the carrier isn't a fighter and a fight between it and a simple non-sentient machine it stupid. The miracle machine doesn't work until activated and it doesn't think on its own. So how exactly is it supposed to fight for itself. Based on its place as a headquarters the carrier is simply one of the best things in the Comic book omniverse IMO. Yeah sure the Miracle Machine is fancy stuff in the DC Universe but really you're comparing it to something which exists on another level entirely.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By Stompa

I voted for majestics base because it is so cool to sit behind these faces :-)