Ben Grimm (Thing) vs. Wolverine & X-23

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathsHead2

Ben Grimm is wearing and Adamantium Helmet, much like his old Iron one. Wolverine & X-23 are at their current levels. Ben Grimm is the "Spikey Super Thing" once again! Thing, in this form, was above 100+ ton strength (I think he was stated to be @ 130 tons). Morals OFF! To the Death/KO! NO prep. In and unbreakable arena... BATTLE!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

Thing

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

Thing completely demolishes this...total spite

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathsHead2

Adamantium = Thing's Kryptonite... 'tis why he has an Adamantium Helmet on. No "cheap" win for Wolverine here. But, with 2 Adamantium bladed quick-scrappers?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I can't vouch for "Super, Spikey" Thing, but if his speed didn't go up, I doubt he will lay a hand on either of them.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@god_spawn said:

I can't vouch for "Super, Spikey" Thing, but if his speed didn't go up, I doubt he will lay a hand on either of them.

I'm pretty sure that at 100 tons he can thunderclap.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathsHead2

Indeed. And HAS before, a couple times.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ReVamp: 25 tonners can thunderclap FYI, but a T-clap isn't an instant win against them. If they get in cutting range (no distance is set so they are close) I doubt he would get the chance to.use one or hit them.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Void_Paladin

@ReVamp said:

@god_spawn said:

I think it would take more than a thunderclap to keep Logan down. Besides, I'm pretty sure Ben can't clap after the loss of his first arm.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeathsHead2

Thing has faster than a "normal" human's reflexes. He does just fine here.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Black

@god_spawn said:

This.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bo88gdan

"It's clobberin' time! Thing Wins this .

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@DeathsHead2 said:

And Wolverine and Laura have just normal human reflexes? Wolverine and Laura are much better fighters and much faster based on feats, Thing is going to be hard pressed to tag them.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Void_Paladin

@DeathsHead2 said:

He simply has his reflexes from before he became The Thing. Which were those of an above average human. Logan and Laura are have reflexes much faster than "any" human.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Void_Paladin

Wolverine and The Thing have taken each other down on different occasions. With the addition of Laura, Ben should go down more easily. In my opinion, the team takes the majority.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Outside_85

Team, if its only his head thats protected, they can still go for everything else, just wont be quick and painless.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

@ReVamp said:

@god_spawn said:

Can be argued, a thunderclap actually requires an immense amount of speed. But if Juggernaut can perform a thunderclap maybe thing can too. Thing, Hulk and Juggernaut can probably move their limbs at incredible speeds, they might just lack the reflexes and coordination to control them.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@SlimJ87D: I wasn't so much as asking, as saying that because Cage has done it.

I'm still thinking Thing does it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slimj87d

@ReVamp said:

@SlimJ87D: I wasn't so much as asking, as saying that because Cage has done it.

I'm still thinking Thing does it.

I was correcting you in regard strength being the key to perform a Thunderclap. Luke Cage looks like he could be a lot faster than Thing is. Thing's physique is that of a bulky and rocky build that doesn't look that agile at all. He can't jump or run as fast as the Hulk and probably Luke Cage.

If Thing was like Colossus (whom I have never seen perform a Thunderclap, maybe someone can share) I could believe that he no doubt can perform a Thunderclap, but the way he is now I don't know if I could say he could Thunderclap. It's something that I would have to see to believe because of his weird alien like physique.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Thibg

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rickbarry

The team wins easily. Ben isn't fast enough.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RisingBean

As much as I dig Ben Grimm, he can't logically take the majority. To be truthful, I'd be hard pressed to even give him even a few. Wolverine is made to break guys like this. Then you add in X-23. It's an ugly result.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BarelyAverage

@RisingBean said:

As much as I dig Ben Grimm, he can't logically take the majority. To be truthful, I'd be hard pressed to even give him even a few. Wolverine is made to break guys like this. Then you add in X-23. It's an ugly result.

X-23 still has a normal skeleton, only her claws are metal. A thunderclap would put her down. This version of the Grimm I believe can put Wolverine down. I see him doing what WWH did but Grimm would be injured. Also no reason why a 100+ tonner couldn't tear off a limb of Wolverine.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@BarelyAverage: Do you have evidence that Thing can preform a Thunderclap?

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BarelyAverage

@SlimJ87D: Logic.

If other 100+ tonner bricks can perform this then Thing can, esp this version who was stated in the OP to be above 100+ tons can.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@BarelyAverage: Physics beats your logic.

Zoom and Flash can't lift even 1 ton yet they can Thunderfingerclap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D said:

How about the fact he's done a thunderclap before? He did one to a group of people (forgot who but I know Wolverine was there) and Logan was right back up shortly.

@BarelyAverage said:

@RisingBean said:

X-23 still has a normal skeleton, only her claws are metal. A thunderclap would put her down. This version of the Grimm I believe can put Wolverine down. I see him doing what WWH did but Grimm would be injured. Also no reason why a 100+ tonner couldn't tear off a limb of Wolverine.

Just because Laura's skeleton is normal doesn't mean a T-clap will put her down. The main 3 of the Wolverine's family durability extends from their healing. It's why Daken can tank hits from an enraged Thing, who has feats over 100 tons anyway, shots from Skaar and both him and Laura tanked an explosion that took down a building and both were found burnt down to a muscular level, conscious and healing. Also if Hulk couldn't tear a limb of Wolverine's off, Thing won't either.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@god_spawn: So you know of a scan of Ben performing a thunderclap? Because that's all I'm asking for.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RisingBean

If I was betting money in this economy, I would take Adamantium claws as the the better bet against a thunderclap. Just my two cents. And for some reason, 616 Logan cannot be dismembered. Ba'al has tried it among with a few others iirc. The running theory has that his ligiments and such took on the properties of the Adamantium while retaining flexibility. Also I doubt this mutated thing can outdo WW Hulk who had issues keeping Logan down for more then a few seconds. Logan can and will hit Ben. Ben won't heal like WW Hulk. Logan should take this almost every battle if not every battle.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By laflux

@god_spawn: by 25 tonners i take it you mean luke cage?

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BarelyAverage

@god_spawn said:

@SlimJ87D said:

How about the fact he's done a thunderclap before? He did one to a group of people (forgot who but I know Wolverine was there) and Logan was right back up shortly.

@BarelyAverage said:

@RisingBean said:

Just because Laura's skeleton is normal doesn't mean a T-clap will put her down. The main 3 of the Wolverine's family durability extends from their healing. It's why Daken can tank hits from an enraged Thing, who has feats over 100 tons anyway, shots from Skaar and both him and Laura tanked an explosion that took down a building and both were found burnt down to a muscular level, conscious and healing. Also if Hulk couldn't tear a limb of Wolverine's off, Thing won't either.

I am aware that even without the metal they have durability above peak human but Daken was pretty messed after Thing landed a few shots on him. I see that happening to Laura as well. Skaar also put down Wolverine and punted him with ease. Wolverine's joints have a breaking point, they just haven't been found yet. Please don't give that reasoning that he has adamantium moleculerly laced to his joints otherwise he wouldn't be able to move.

PS- I don't hate Wolverine and nice pic but I just think sometimes he is put into situations where PIS happens a lot

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Yes.

@SlimJ87D: Yes. I'll try and find them if you want, I believe it was a misunderstanding and Thing broke it up via T-clap. Wolverine was up quickly and got in the Thing's face IIRC,

@BarelyAverage: Daken got his face smashed in and healing a few panels later cause he let Thing. Laura should be able to take the same kind of damage. Skaar also slammed his sword into Logan's skull because Daken used it as a shield, Logan sat there rubbing his head and then got stepped on, he wasn't KO'd and was fine afterwards. His joints possibly do, but if Hulk couldn't do it, I'm not going to say Thing can do it. All we know is it must be someone with a decent strength edge over Hulk at the time to even possibly do it if it possible at all. And if you don't like the adamantium bonded moleculary reason, tough. It's a comic book, nothing about Wolverine's physiology is even possible. No reason a writer can't say that is the reason at all.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By slimj87d

@god_spawn: You don't have to look for it. I'll take your word for it no worries. But it seems like Thunderclapping from the Thing won't do anything. Hulk can Thunderclap a lot better than Thing and pop eardrums with them. I don't think Thing can Thunderclap as well as Hulk can and therefore it doesn't matter in this battle.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BarelyAverage
No Caption Provided

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: Yes.

@SlimJ87D: Yes. I'll try and find them if you want, I believe it was a misunderstanding and Thing broke it up via T-clap. Wolverine was up quickly and got in the Thing's face IIRC,

@BarelyAverage: Daken got his face smashed in and healing a few panels later cause he let Thing. Laura should be able to take the same kind of damage. Skaar also slammed his sword into Logan's skull because Daken used it as a shield, Logan sat there rubbing his head and then got stepped on, he wasn't KO'd and was fine afterwards. His joints possibly do, but if Hulk couldn't do it, I'm not going to say Thing can do it. All we know is it must be someone with a decent strength edge over Hulk at the time to even possibly do it if it possible at all. And if you don't like the adamantium bonded moleculary reason, tough. It's a comic book, nothing about Wolverine's physiology is even possible. No reason a writer can't say that is the reason at all.

I know its not in the same universe, blah blah, but if in this one and the Ultimate Universe he does miss limbs and gets ripped in half. Granted he is not as vital to the storylines in those realities but the same logic should conceivably apply. Joints are different from bones.

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mextli

@BarelyAverage: You addressed your own scan, its not the same universe and thus its not applicable to 616 wolverine. Just because you dont like the theory to as why his limbs cant be tore of tthen tough, you cant dismiss it, especially with non-616 scans. People stronger than this version of thing were unable to do it then there is no reason to believe that thing would be able to. Not too mention, even if he could would it even occur to thing to try? I doubt it and lastly, wolverine and laura are both vastly faster than him and would be able to cause vital damage to him before he would have the chance.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn said:

Just because Laura's skeleton is normal doesn't mean a T-clap will put her down. The main 3 of the Wolverine's family durability extends from their healing.

In addition, it's been stated that her healing factor exceeds his (before he was amped up to god mode levels) due to the fact that it isn't retarded by having to deal with adamantium coating her entire skeleton.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rickbarry

The helmet won't help him either. Ben, unlike say Colossus, still has organs that could be injured from their claws. He also tires after a period of time as well, right?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D: I'd just like to point out that even though Hulk's specialty in T-Claps, when Grey Hulk almost "killed" Wolverine with a T-Clap, Wolverine got up right after, went berserk and rammed his claws through Hulk's abdomen, like completely through and that was the only time I know of that Wolverine mentioned it being lethal. There were 2 other instances I know of and Hulk thunderclapped Wolverine and some X-men away, Wolverine was alright and talking and a 3rd instance Hulk caused a big crater with a T-clap and Wolverine and him were in the hole perfectly fine. Thunderclaps on Wolverine will work, but the effects people try to say ,to me at least, seem to blow it out of proportion. Multiple high powered thunderclaps would be another story though.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By slimj87d

@god_spawn: Yeah, I don't see Thunderclap as a win but as a way to get them away from him if he is getting overwhelmed. Maybe he'd get lucky, separate them and then he'd go after Lara and hopefully get a punch on her head hard enough to blow her brains out. That would take awhile to heal from. Then he would have to go after Wolverine, while anytime Wolverine is moving to fast for him, he can Thunderclap to disorientate him and continue fighting.

That would be my strategy if I was stuck in Thing's shoes. But yeah, Thunderclapping for DEFENSE and NOT OFFENSE would be what it would best be used for.

As for who wins, I don't know.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#40  Edited By Joygirl

I'll go with team stabbiez. He probably won't be able to hit them, T-claps probably won't keep them down for long. Eventually they'll carve enough gashes in him that he'll just give up and die -- team X wins due to a durability advantage, amazingly enough.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RisingBean

Two comments. 1. Wolverine saying Fixit's thunderclap nearly killed him should be summed up to hyperbole. 2. Slim, Using a thunderclap to get breathing room after being cut up isn't going to help Grimm much. By that point he is a dead man walking. Logan is simply too fast and too devastating, and even nearly dead he has been known to lash out. Look at his final fight with Ba'al to see how he might react to being overwhelmed with pain and the like. Now you add in the fact Laura is involved and the tactic of not standing together, and the odds of one of the two being able to get a hit off leaves Ben on the losing end so far as I can imagine.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeanroygrant

Team

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By SpidermanWins

The team may win, I don't see Thing touching either of them much.

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but ben is also superfast, can jump very high and has supernatural reflexes, there goes your logic down the drain

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MonsterStomp

X-23 kicked Hulk in the face. That same kick would rip Thing's head clean off!

:3

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers