2. earth
  3. Jupiter
  4. Sun
  5. our solar system
  6. VY Canis Majoris star
  7. VY Canis Majoris's solar system
  8. Milky Way galaxy
  9. Andromeda galaxy
  10. IC 1011 galaxy (biggest known galaxy in the universe)
  11. cluster of 1000 galaxies
  12. 1 million galaxies
  13. 20 billions of galaxies
  14. the universe

This is how big VY Canis Majoris star is :

No Caption Provided

This is how big IC 1011 galaxy is :

No Caption Provided

Round 1 : Beerus uses a flick of his finger

Round 2 : Beerus uses a quick not powered up energy ball

Round 3 : Beerus uses all his power in one attack

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

5 one shot

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 8 from what has been said about him. From what ive seen stops at 5

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 6 9

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Stops at 2

2. Stops at 5

3. Stops at 10 from whats consistently been said about him.

Akronawol17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was stated he could destroy Kai's realm, but it never said he could ok d do it on one shot iirc. Stops at 5 by feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

1. Stops at 2

2. Stops at 5

3. Stops at 10 from whats consistently been said about him.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2, 5, and 8 (from hype)

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5 by feats. Stops at 13 if we take author statements into account.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Stops between 5-8.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By micah007123

@fallschirmjager: Honestly at full power he should be able to one-shot the Milky Way. Remember including the statements we have about him, King Kai also stated he'd wipe out a cluster of galaxies if you looked at him funny. Not exactly an off the wall statement I'd expect King Kai to make given the severity of the situation. Elder Kai, Whis, and the SD Manga support this as well.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@007619@leo-343: @micah: How does he stop at 2 when using a finger flick? didn't he already easily destroy half a planet with a small tap of his fingetip, that's even less powerful than finger flick

jadenyuki02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh... hello?

it was already stated in episode 3 that beerus can bust a universe.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: The "destroy a cluster of galaxies" comment is a dub thing, he says no such thing in the original version.

And considering that the dragonball universe, iirc, consists of 4 galaxies(or 16 galaxies, depending on which databook you look in), chances are that Kai would think you were crazy if you described a real world "cluster of galaxies" to him.

All things considered, Beerus most likely stops at 9 or 10, at best.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all_mighty_beyonder: if we taje Elder Kai seriourly, Beerus is universe level. Even if we don't, Akira T himself said Beerus could destroy 1/5th of the universe.

@sirmethos: Galactic quadrants, not 4 individual galaxies.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By micah007123

@sirmethos said:

@micah: The "destroy a cluster of galaxies" comment is a dub thing, he says no such thing in the original version.

The dubbed is a perfectly fine example to use considering both Whis, the SD Manga, and Elder Kai themselves have made statements along those lines when describing his power. Considering he could one-shot Buu who was collapsing the DB Universe with his scream alone the dubbed statement is valid.

And considering that the dragonball universe, iirc, consists of 4 galaxies(or 16 galaxies, depending on which databook you look in), chances are that Kai would think you were crazy if you described a real world "cluster of galaxies" to him.

That's another debate for another day unfortunately. I will say that in several of the databooks I've seen the term "galaxy" is different in DBZ. There's evidence that the DBZ galaxies are larger than your standard ones.

All things considered, Beerus most likely stops at 9 or 10, at best.

I think he can just clear 9 but he stops at 10 I do agree.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We flat out don't know.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there are only 4 Galaxies in the Dragon Ball Universe. The four ''galaxies'' were only ever referred to as quadrants of the universe in the manga.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@fallschirmjager: Honestly at full power he should be able to one-shot the Milky Way. Remember including the statements we have about him, King Kai also stated he'd wipe out a cluster of galaxies if you looked at him funny. Not exactly an off the wall statement I'd expect King Kai to make given the severity of the situation. Elder Kai, Whis, and the SD Manga support this as well.

No. Its a mistranslation. The original statement was solar systems.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@micah: Either way. I don't consider him more than multi solar system at best, when his best feat is nuking a star.

I don't ride hype trains unless there's at least something to support it. We've never seen destruction higher than that in canon, so there's no reason to anoint him higher. (And Broly's 'feat' is incredibly shoddy)

Especially since, assuming that picture is accurate, VY Canis is bigger than our solar system. The amount of mass that star must have is probably uncalculable.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is my personal view :

Round 1 : stops at 8

Round 2 : stops at 8

Round 3 : stops at either 9 or 10 or 14 or clears.

i'll explain :

for round 1, Beerus has destroyed half a planet easily with a small tap with his fingertip, it's even less powerful than a finger flick, so it's clear he can easily destroy planets with a finger flick. But the most impressive feat he did was hurting SSJ3 Goku with a finger flick. Assuming that SSJ3 Goku's durability is multi-solar system level, because durability in DB depends on Ki (proof when Vegeta lowered his Ki in order to let Krilin hurt him on Namek, Mystic Gohan who died from kid Buu's attack because he was unconscious with low Ki) and the Ki that DB characters use for attacks is the same they use for defense and durability, hence their attacks should be proportionally equal to their defenses. and SSJ2 can create power on level of solar system buster, SSJ3 is 4 times SSJ2, this doesn't mean that SSJ3 is 4 times solar system buster because relation between Ki and destructive power isn't lineary, but we can say that SSJ3 is more powerful than 4 times solar system buster. In other words, Goku when he was fighting Beerus had durability enough to endure multiple solar system bust level, yet he was badly injured from a finger flick, which means Beerus can make his finger flick at least as powerful as multi-solar-system buster. Hence Beerus stops at 8.

for round 2, Beerus oneshot 2 stars while half asleep with a weak uncharged energy ball, which means if he was fully awake he could do a lot more damage than just 2 stars with an uncharged attack. Hence why he stops at 8.

for round 3, it's a little bit complicated.

firsly we have to know that Akira Toryama confirmed himself that Beerus can destroy the Kaioshin realm which is the size of 20% of DB universe according to Daizanshu.

secondly we have to know that there is no clear proof that DB universe is 4 galaxies only. Why? because i believe the Daizanshu said that DB universe is made of solar systems containing its star and repective planets, Nebulas containing countless solar systems, and 4 galaxies containing countless Nebulas. The problem about this, is that Nebula as a scientific word was used long ago to describe galaxies, a galaxy was refered as Nebula, the current definition of Nebula today is a big interstellar cloud of dust and gas that contain a few number of stars. This definition is different from how Daizanshuu describes Nebulas which is an interstellar object containing countless stars, this definition fits more as a galaxy. So in other words, maybe Daizanshuu made a wrong choice of words, when it said Nebula it actually meant galaxy, and galaxy meant quadrant.

so, if we assume DB universe is 4 galaxies like Milky Way only, 20% of that universe will contain at least one galaxy (because space between galaxies is bigger than the sum of galaxies size), which means Beerus can destroy only the Milky Way, and he can't one shot Andromeda.hence stops at 9. If we take elder Kai statement into consideration that Beerus can destroy the universe, than he will stop at 10.

if we assume DB universe is like any other universe (which i think is the right choice), then Beerus can destroy 20% of it, and 20% of the visible universe contains at least 20 billions galaxies, which means Beerus stops at 14. If we consider Elder Kai's statement, then Beerus will clear.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Either way. I don't consider him more than multi solar system at best, when his best feat is nuking a star.

I don't ride hype trains unless there's at least something to support it. We've never seen destruction higher than that in canon, so there's no reason to anoint him higher. (And Broly's 'feat' is incredibly shoddy)

Especially since, assuming that picture is accurate, VY Canis is bigger than our solar system. The amount of mass that star must have is probably calculable.

I understand your point, and if it was just one off the wall statement from a random character I probably would heavily question it......but not only have multiple characters said something along those lines, but several of the manga adaptations have statements that support casual galaxy busting. When it's this much info backing it up I'd be a fool to just throw it all away honestly.

And if your counting Broly in the canon that means your using movie characters. And need I remind you Janamba was doing universal stuff lol.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Feat's :

1. our solar system
  2. VY Canis Majoris (biggest known star in the universe)
  3. VY Canis Majoris's solar system

According to Statement's :

1. cluster of 1000 galaxies
  2. 1 million galaxies
  3. 20 billions of galaxies
  4. the universe
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@micah: I wasn't counting Broly. Broly's 'feat' is the only DB feat we've seen that is galaxy level and its incredibly shoddy and not-canon. Hence why I used quotation marks.

Again. I don't care about statements. At any given time I can find dozens of statements in any comic, manga or otherwise that claim things that have never happened.

Before I annoit beerus as galaxy level, I'm gonna at least need to see him wipe out a few solar systems. As his, annointing him multi-solar system level based on only destroying 1 star is fairly generous as is, if you ask me.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Especially since, assuming that picture is accurate, VY Canis is bigger than our solar system. The amount of mass that star must have is probably uncalculable.

what's about what the writer said himself in an interview? you don't take it into consideration too?

VY Canis Majoris has between 15 to 35 sun's mass, because of it's giant volume its density is less than our sun's density.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By micah007123

@fallschirmjager said:

@micah: I wasn't counting Broly. Broly's 'feat' is the only DB feat we've seen that is galaxy level and its incredibly shoddy and not-canon. Hence why I used quotation marks.

Exactly. Hence my statement of if your counting movie characters and therefore their feats you missed Janemba. Who again was pulling off universal stuff.

Again. I don't care about statements. At any given time I can find dozens of statements in any comic, manga or otherwise that claim things that have never happened.

Just make sure that for your "statements" they are comparable to the ones your arguing against. Trying to compare Vultures statements to Beerus statement would be wildly unfair and in a blatant example of ignoring author input. Especially when said authors (Akira Toriyama) have stated that such statements in his series are true. Again throwing away multiple sources just cause the Vulture claimed he was invincible is a weak stance honestly.

I saw your edit: I can agree with the last part a bit. We need to see a higher tier feat before certain statements really solidify. I feel like we'll see him do something big soon.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@all_mighty_beyonder: No. Toriyama is a joker. He's admitted on occasion that his writing has contradicted itself at times because he simply forgot what he had written earlier. He's about as uncredible as it gets.

@micah Again...before we talk about galaxy level, I want to see some kind of feat. It doesn't even have to be a fully galaxy. Even if he destroyed part of one I'd accept he could bust a whole one (as long as it didn't complete tax his ki or anything). But I don't really care about statements, regardless of who or how many times it was said. Again...this isn't exclusive to DB. It happens everywhere. People can exaggerate, use hyberbole, etc. I don't even care if he was dead serious. Unless someone shows me that kind of power, your words mean nothing.

At the same time, if the series concludes and we never even see anyone bust even bust a full solar system, are you going to concede most of it was probably nonsense?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even care if he was dead serious. Unless someone shows me that kind of power, your words mean nothing.

Not wise friend. I can punch out a baby, but does that mean I'm going to? Are you telling me the only way to prove I can commit such an act is to punch a baby's jaw off?

At the same time, if the series concludes and we never even see anyone bust even bust a full solar system, are you going to concede most of it was probably nonsense?

If it can be proven as nonsense then yes. There are ways to expand your characters power that don't always involve them blowing sh!t up lol.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Round 1: Stops at 3

Round 2: Stops at 6, assuming he's allowed to split the blast.

Round 3: stops at 6. I'm glad OP has a pic to remind just how large the star is..

Also, unless I'm missing something UY Scuti is considered the largest known star, though it's exact radius is shaky - it'll still be bigger than VY Canis Majoris.

Jimmydean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the most recent DB Super episode confirm that Beerus can destroy the universe

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the most recent DB Super episode confirm that Beerus can destroy the universe

No.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kyrees

a lot of people here don't understand how big a galaxy is.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

1) Stops at 2

2) Stops at 5

3) He's stated to be able to destroy 1/5 of a universe, so mathematically, 13 is his limit

This right here

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

And some people only apply "how big a galaxy is" when DBZ is the topic. Beerus can destroy the kaioshin realm which is 1/5th of the universe. That's many galaxies. I will read your excuse , but won't reply. So go ahead or not.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kyrees

@juzacloud said:
@kyrees said:

And some people only apply "how big a galaxy is" when DBZ is the topic. Beerus can destroy the kaioshin realm which is 1/5th of the universe. That's many galaxies. I will read your excuse , but won't reply. So go ahead or not.

yeah, sensitive guy ain't yah ? so what you gonna do ? tell everyone here that answers otherwise that dragonball is "unjustly applied on"

what do we expect from you then after this ? the same one liner that dragonball isn't supposed to be held on the same logic marvel and dc has ? it gets boring you know

so go ahead, snipe and ignore all you can but on marvel's defense, they had a whole lot more statements to base on compared to dragonball

one last thing: baiting accomplished. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: It's me or Juzacloud is always playing victim when he talks about DB?

Thread: 3, 5 and 7 imo.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's me or Juzacloud is always playing victim when he talks about DB?

he always does that at this point. it gets boring though

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees:I think he's is trying to gain some hearts with his emotional talk lol.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: 3

Round 2: 5

Round 3: 5- Don't know the size of CM's solar system if it has any (do you?),so by default ours is bigger.To me Beerus can destroy in this round something bigger than our SS but smaller than a Galaxy.

To the OP: VY Canis Majoris is no longer the biggest known star in the Universe (since some time) UY Scuti is, and even if the calculations are wrong and it's not "the biggest" at its smallest is still bigger than VY Canis Majoris (in that case the biggest would be NML Cygni)

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is superman on here yet

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I have to agree. Supergod, level 9000+ limitless strength and potential, destroyer of worlds, lord of the andals breaker of chains etc. just to be clear

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By lettsplay10

@leo-343 said:

1) Stops at 2

2) Stops at 5

3) He's stated to be able to destroy 1/5 of a universe, so mathematically, 13 is his limit

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343: do you think he's above skyfather level?