• 53 results
MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterJohn

Just know: I am not doing this battle biasly. I believe it's possible for Phoenix to win, however I have seen nothing that says she can. After debate after debate and feat after feat, I thought this would be a good battle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Dark Phoenix
Dark Phoenix
No Caption Provided

No prep.

Morals off, bloodlust on.

Battle takes place on Bedlam Pulsar

Battle ends in existence wipe

Who wins?

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sethlol

Team 1 need feats.

Phoenix wins.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VeganDiet

Feats for team 1?

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MasterJohn

I have a few feats, I am collecting them.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MasterJohn

Bump.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Roddy010

From what I've researched. Phoenix should take this freely.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterJohn

I would like your input.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HBKTimHBK

*researches*

Dark Phoenix wins..

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MorganFreeman

Someone mentioned the Bedlam Spirits being omnipotent not too long ago. Doesn't that really give the team the victory on paper? I know Dark Phoenix is nothing to be scoffed at but omnipotence is omnipotence. Unless this is what I like to call Odin Omnipotence, which is where Thor calls Odin omnipotent when he isn't actually omnipotent and is just exceptionally powerful.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MasterJohn

@MorganFreeman said:

Someone mentioned the Bedlam Spirits being omnipotent not too long ago. Doesn't that really give the team the victory on paper? I know Dark Phoenix is nothing to be scoffed at but omnipotence is omnipotence. Unless this is what I like to call Odin Omnipotence, which is where Thor calls Odin omnipotent when he isn't actually omnipotent and is just exceptionally powerful.

I would like insight from a few more people who are knowledgeable about the Bedlam Spirits instead of people who looked at Wikias to determine Bedlam spirits lose.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MorganFreeman

@MasterJohn said:

@MorganFreeman said:

I would like insight from a few more people who are knowledgeable about the Bedlam Spirits instead of people who looked at Wikias to determine Bedlam spirits lose.

The person I'm referencing is ShootingNova, who in my one month of viewing the Battles section came off as a man who did more than glance at a wiki page for an opinion. Care to weigh in?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@MorganFreeman said:

The caption in the comic called them omnipotent (note: the caption is the narration, not an in-universe perspective, if memory serves). That said, they could well be omnipotent. But they are childlike and lack the control necessary. Dark Phoenix will take the battle seriously; Bedlam Spirits will treat it like a game. So due to that, I say Phoenix. That and the Bedlam Spirits never did anything to prove their omnipotence.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MasterJohn

@JediXMan said:

@MorganFreeman said:

The caption in the comic called them omnipotent (note: the caption is the narration, not an in-universe perspective, if memory serves). That said, they could well be omnipo

tent. But they are childlike and lack the control necessary. Dark Phoenix will take the battle seriously; Bedlam Spirits will treat it like a game. So due to that, I say Phoenix. That and the Bedlam Spirits never did anything to prove their omnipotence.

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@MasterJohn:

I stand by my statement.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MorganFreeman

@JediXMan: That covers the Bedlam Spirits vs Dark Phoenix but how do you think The Ones will factor into things? As cruel as this might sound, I remember an episode of that Clone Wars cartoon they appeared in but I remember very little of it as that series was... not great, in my opinion. They were powerful, that much I can recall. Not sure how they rank overall among Force users like, say, post EU Luke or Sidious though.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MasterJohn

I would like a few more users to comment before I say Phoenix wins for sure.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@MorganFreeman:

I have no idea. I've avoided TCW and anything affiliated like the plague. I myself have not seen the episode with the Ones yet. I might soon, but I don't know. I said I'd watch the series if the Palpatine vs Maul and Opress duel is done well, and it appears (based on the book) that it was / will be. I'll probably skip most of the series and just watch the "good" episodes, that included.

But as things stand, I know absolutely nothing about the Ones.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MasterJohn

@JediXMan said:

@MorganFreeman:

I have no idea. I've avoided TCW and anything affiliated like the plague. I myself have not seen the episode with the Ones yet. I might soon, but I don't know. I said I'd watch the series if the Palpatine vs Maul and Opress duel is done well, and it appears (based on the book) that it was / will be. I'll probably skip most of the series and just watch the "good" episodes, that included.

But as things stand, I know absolutely nothing about the Ones.

The next few episodes Sidious is shown dueling Opress and Savage.

2:37

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MorganFreeman

@JediXMan: Do you think Silver watches the show? Maybe he can give a good idea of what The Ones can do.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@MasterJohn:

I know it happens in season 5, but I don't remember which specific episode it is.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@MorganFreeman said:

@JediXMan: Do you think Silver watches the show? Maybe he can give a good idea of what The Ones can do.

He does. We've discussed it and its themes a few times.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@MorganFreeman: Well, omnipotence is omnipotence. Bedlam Spirits curbstomp.

The Ones themselves....... they're power levels aren't exactly determined precisely, but it appears only the Dagger of Mortis could kill any of the Ones (or weaken them to be affected by outside weaponry).

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MasterJohn

@ShootingNova said:

The Ones themselves....... they're power levels aren't exactly determined precisely, but it appears only the Dagger of Mortis could kill any of the Ones (or weaken them to be affected by outside weaponry).

What would the Bedlam spirits do to basically "curbstomp" her?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

The Bedlam Spirits are "supposedly" omnipotent. As things stand, they haven't done much to earn that title. And they also lack the maturity and do not fully understand their own power.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: An omnipotent being generally doesn't show much to stand to the title. Well, I guess since TOAA hasn't really done anything "omnipotent" (which would be impossible) he isn't?

As for the maturity point, its morals off for this fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShootingNova

@MasterJohn: We're going to have to discuss whether or not we would class them as omnipotent first. If yes, the answer is obvious.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: An omnipotent being generally doesn't show much to stand to the title. Well, I guess since TOAA hasn't really done anything "omnipotent" (which would be impossible) he isn't?

As for the maturity point, its morals off for this fight.

That's a different scenario. We know what TOAA's place in the universe is. That and we have the word of many characters to establish it. The Bedlam Spirits only have one appearance, and the word "omnipotent" is used by the narrator - Alan Moore, who does tend to dramatize things.

Still, the only thing the Bedlam Spirits did was casually kill / revive Stormtroopers and accidentally send them through time. The accidentally part kinda makes me doubt their omnipotence - perhaps it's pure "omnipotence" without omniscience? But that still seems weird. If one is omnipotent, then they should be omniscient - doesn't go the other way. But again, that goes back to the maturity thing.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: But we have nothing to prove it isn't omnipotence, just conjecture.

Again, the maturity matter is already solved - morals off.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: But we have nothing to prove it isn't omnipotence, just conjecture.

Again, the maturity matter is already solved - morals off.

We have no proof that they are omnipotent, either. Comments by other characters - especially narrators - are always called into question. Note: this applies more to comics than novels.

I know. That was my reasoning as to why, if they were omnipotent, why they don't have omniscience.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: I thought you were talking about "pure omnipotence". Well, omnipotence itself doesn't naturally come with omniscience, it's just many of the beings we know to be omnipotent are omniscient also.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MasterJohn

If I may ask, is this a caption or isn't this in a sourcebook?

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: I thought you were talking about "pure omnipotence". Well, omnipotence itself doesn't naturally come with omniscience, it's just many of the beings we know to be omnipotent are omniscient also.

If somebody is truly omnipotent - all powerful - then they are capable of granting themselves omniscience and omnipresence. That's why I mentioned maturity: the Bedlam Spirits lack the maturity and intelligence that would make them realize they could do that. Assuming they are omnipotent, they don't know the full extent of their power.

Neither here nor their, I still don't see how they're omnipotent. I'd need more proof than just a claim at power to say that they are for certain.

PS: Ugh. Why am I not getting notifications when you reply to me?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Aren't the Spirits supposed to be omnipotent? Isn't it like putting Dp against Toaa? (which I'm pretty sure she loses)

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MorganFreeman

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Aren't the Spirits supposed to be omnipotent? Isn't it like putting Dp against Toaa? (which I'm pretty sure she loses)

The difference is The One Above All has omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence where the Bedlam Spirits apparently only have omnipotence. Power without knowledge to utilize said power most efficiently, which makes JediX believe Dark Phoenix can beat them. Beyonder before his retcon was omnipotent but certainly not omniscient, to use a Marvel example.

And yes, Dark Phoenix loses to The One Above All. She's good but not that good.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MasterJohn

Im shocked your not on here defending Phoenix.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mythologico4

@MasterJohn: I'm pretty sure you aren't, you just wanted to put me in another thread, but I'm too lazy right now, sorry...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: The maturity thing isn't relevant anymore because morals are off...... LOL.

As for the no PM, I think it's because I can't post freely anymore, and now I just have to continuously copy, refresh, paste, rinse and repeat.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

Dark Phoenix.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: The maturity thing isn't relevant anymore because morals are off...... LOL.

As for the no PM, I think it's because I can't post freely anymore, and now I just have to continuously copy, refresh, paste, rinse and repeat.

I wasn't talking about... never mind. I was talking about in general, not this battle.

Ah.

Still, I see no actual proof that they're omnipotent other than one vague reference. They don't have the feats to back it up.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@MorganFreeman said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

The difference is The One Above All has omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence where the Bedlam Spirits apparently only have omnipotence. Power without knowledge to utilize said power most efficiently, which makes JediX believe Dark Phoenix can beat them. Beyonder before his retcon was omnipotent but certainly not omniscient, to use a Marvel example.

And yes, Dark Phoenix loses to The One Above All. She's good but not that good.

But still, I don't think even Dp could take down an omnipotent.. The word is just... you know what I mean...

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mythologico4

@ShootingNova: @PrinceAragorn1:

The thing is that, just like @JediXMan: said, all we have here about them is vague reference about their "omnipotence"... In fact, we don't even know if this is true omnipotence since they seem to have no feats....

You can get several beeing that are called "omnipotent" like Celestials, Living Tribunal, Watchers..... In the end of the day, if you put them agaisn't a true omnipotent beeing like TOAA, they stand no chance at all....

If you take Living Tribunal, who is know for his supposed omnipotence and put him to battle Pre-Retcon Molecule Man... A majority of people agrees that MM wins....

What I'm trying to say is, among with a piece of text with the only evidence, we don't even know if they have true omnipotence, or if they are just called "omnipotent", but would be beaten by many no-omnipotent beeings...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Mythologico4: Hmm. Ok.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShootingNova

@Mythologico4: Except we know the Living Tribunal is not omnipotent. We can't exactly say the same for the Bedlam Spirits. In any case, we should refrain from using them in fights due to their lack of known power.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MasterJohn

@ShootingNova said:

@Mythologico4: Except we know the Living Tribunal is not omnipotent. We can't exactly say the same for the Bedlam Spirits. In any case, we should refrain from using them in fights due to their lack of known power.

It would be nice if a few more comics were made on them.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShootingNova

@MasterJohn: They were made a long time ago, and they don't blend in well with modern EU. And personally, I find them a bit..... dull. A bit unique but also a bit dull.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MasterJohn

@ShootingNova said:

@MasterJohn: They were made a long time ago, and they don't blend in well with modern EU. And personally, I find them a bit..... dull. A bit unique but also a bit dull.

This means we'll never know the Bedlam's Spirits true potential? Well Disney is just great.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

@MasterJohn: It depends. If modern EU is going to be respected by Disney, they won't be doing much to the Bedlam Spirits because those concepts as a whole are quite poor for today's version of EU. Remember that the Spirits were made a long time ago.

Avatar image for darklordofthesith1
darklordofthesith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterjohn: any one alone of the team wins because the bedlam spirits are omnipotent and the ones can only be destroyed by a special dagger called the dagger of mortis nothing else can even damage them phoenix is no match

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin has also said to be omnipotent, but we all know that's not true.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bedlam Spirits aren't any more omnipotent than the Sentry has the power of a "million exploding suns." By your logic, Sentry would beat superman or whoever since since he has the power of a so-called "million exploding suns".

Odin has been stated as omnipotent, but that's bullcrap.

Dark Phoenix murder stomps.