Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Bebop and Rocksteady

No Caption Provided

VS

Spider-Men

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

Rules

• Morals off for Spider-Men. In character for the big guys.
  • Bebop has a chainsaw, and a machine gun.
  • Rocksteady has a sledge hammer and a gigantic assault rifle
  • Fight takes place in generic city setting.
  • Win by Death or KO.
Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Callouts from the phonebook:

Bebop and Rocksteady (TMNT): @wolverine08@tparks @wyldsong

Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Who isn't an expert? lol

Scarlet Spider: @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek@granitesoldier @14nc3@strider92@fallschirmjager

Ult Spider-Man: @homicidalmaniac@owie @princearagorn1@rogueshadow@patrat18@cadencev2

Here's some feats for Bebop and Rocksteady in the spoiler block if you need to see what they're capable of.

Man, I love these guys!

No Caption Provided

Bebop and Rocksteady were two of the best additions to the IDW TMNT universe. They're not the bumbling fools you remember from the classic cartoon. Well, they're still bumbling fools, but they are also VERY dangerous. The universe is full of ninjas, with little range to what kind of fights could be in the comics. Now that these two, Slash, and soon to be Triceratons are in the action, there will be some heavy hitting fights coming our way. These guys can pack a punch too!

Here they are before their transformation. Karai picked a handfull of goons to fight. The last ones standing were awarded with a mutation. Even before they became unstoppable behemoths, they were already deadly street fighters.

No Caption Provided

Strength / Speed

No Caption Provided
  • Bebop with just a flick of his finger KO's a ninja.
  • Rocksteady casually punches another ninja and sends him flying through the air over a long distance, through a building, and out the window.
  • Bebop and Rocksteady chase down their opponent. They crush several walls like they were made of paper on the way.
  • The destruction of their chase was so powerful that it brought the entire building down.
  • Rocksteady's superhuman strength allows him to toss cars out of his way with zero effort.
  • Bebop and Rocksteady are piled on and left with multiple deep stab wounds, but toss all of the ninjas off of them with ease.
  • Bebop swings a chain that flattens 6 foot soldiers at the same time into the side of a train car.
No Caption Provided
  • They demolish an entire building from the inside while laughing about it.

Durability / Pain Tolerance

I'm not even sure if these guys can be hurt.

No Caption Provided
  • Bebop is sliced open with a knife. Doesn't even phase him.
No Caption Provided
  • They both tank a barrage of gun fire and it only tickles them.
  • They are attacked by the Foot clan, and left with a huge amount of stab wounds. Most of the weapons go really deep and are left in their bodies. Bebop and Rocksteady fight through it like nothing even happened to them. They don't even acknowledge that they've been stabbed about 50 times each. Keep in mind this is immediately after their fight with the other ninja clan that filled them with bullets and stab wounds also.
No Caption Provided
  • A close up scan to show how badly they SHOULD be damaged, but they are completely unaffected.
  • A couple more close ups to show how easily they can fight through their damage and how they are not bothered at all by it.
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

There's no way Bebop and Rocksteady are beating 3 Spiders. They would struggle with the speed and agility of just 1 of them.

I also don't remember them tanking anything of Spider's strength either, especially Kaine. and morals off? come on dude.

And they aren't "completely unaffected". They you can clearly see both of them bleeding from their stab wounds.

I think you've drastically over estimated them.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Wyldsong

I'll say this, I love the new IDW Beebop and Rocksteady. They are utter beasts, with strength enough to demolish and collapse buildings, and they can tank a ton of damage. I am not sure where I would fully classify them as strength wise, but I would cautiously say that after collapsing a building because they felt like it, they could give the spiders a run for their money in that department.

That being said, they don't really bring anything to the table that team spider has not seen nor overcome. They aren't very bright, nor very skilled. They are just super durable, super strong bricks. They make a good threat for low level superhumans (like the turtles), but a morals off spider crew with webbing, a venom sting, and stingers should be able to take them for a solid majority.

Sorry Beebop and Rocksteady, but this round goes to the spiders.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way Bebop and Rocksteady are beating 3 Spiders. They would struggle with the speed and agility of just 1 of them.

I also don't remember them tanking anything of Spider's strength either, especially Kaine. and morals off? come on dude.

And they aren't "completely unaffected". They you can clearly see both of them bleeding from their stab wounds.

I think you've drastically over estimated them.

They bleed, but the wounds don't bother them in the slightest, and they heal pretty quickly. That being said, team spider does take it.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: They do bleed from their stab wounds, but it has zero effect on how they fight. It doesn't even bother them in the slightest. I agree that the Spiders take the majority, but I think they have it in them to pull out a few wins.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wyldsong
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 owie  Moderator

Great to see the scans of Bebop and Rocksteady. That is impressive damage resistance. Still, the spiders have fought guys like this before, as noted by others above, and they'll take this too. Not easily, but they'll win. The spiders can dance around their punches all day long, due to agility, spider-sense, and Miles' camouflage. Their webbing won't help a lot, since I imagine the mutants will be able to tear it, but it will slow them down. Miles' venom sting has worked against Giant Woman (or whatever her name is) and a bunch of other tough folks. It may not take them down on the first touch, but it will eventually.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By jashro44

I think you should try some people with lower stats then the spiders. Based on the scans the spiders will probably just out smart them assuming that they don't just overwhelm them.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@oy_the_billy_bumbler: @wyldsong: Except the wounds the Spiders are capable of inflicting are dozens if not hundreds of times more severe. You can't claim they aren't affected by higher tier wounds when they haven't shown the capability of tanking them.

And a spike from Kaine for example is so much more powerful than a fodder ninja's sword.

And as mentioned, they have almost no combat speed compared to Spiders. Or even skill to overcome the gap. Kaine or Peter could solos morals off without difficulty.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wyldsong

@fallschirmjager said:

@oy_the_billy_bumbler: @wyldsong: Except the wounds the Spiders are capable of inflicting are dozens if not hundreds of times more severe. You can't claim they aren't affected by higher tier wounds when they haven't shown the capability of tanking them.

And a spike from Kaine for example is so much more powerful than a fodder ninja's sword.

And as mentioned, they have almost no combat speed compared to Spiders. Kaine probably solo's.

Okay, and I never said the spiders couldn't hurt them, so I am not sure why you included me in on this.

Read my breakdown, I already stated Kaine's stingers as an advantage for team spider and Miles' venom sting (which would seem to indicate I do believe they could be damaged), and am fully aware team spider can hurt them. I simply pointed out that the damage they have taken, they were non-plussed by, functioned as if it didn't happen, and they did heal pretty quickly from it.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I had trouble thinking of anyone lower that wouldn't be a complete curbstomp for the big guys. I actually think they would win a large majority if it was only 2 Spider-Men too, which is why I added Miles with his sting. I'm not sure how much more damage Spider-Men can do then about 50 deep stab wounds in the course of a short amount of time and a building collapsing on top of them. I think that it's more likely that it's a stalemate then it is that the Spider-Men easily win, or Miles wins with his sting. I just don't see those two going down, but if they land a shot of their own, it could be a one-hit KO if it hits just right. Or Rocksteady could tear them apart with his horn like he did to the ninjas in the scans above. I doubt that the Spider-men would give that opening ever, but it's a possibility.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: And I was pointing out the damage isn't comparable to what they're facing.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wyldsong

@fallschirmjager said:

@wyldsong: And I was pointing out the damage isn't comparable to what they're facing.

That's fine, do your thing if you feel you must, but let's watch who we lump into our points, especially when I already pointed out some of the damaging effects team spider brings to the table. All I told you was that they heal quickly, and those wounds didn't bother them. That doesn't equate to team spider not being able to damage them on my end.

I have no problem with you making a point bud, I just don't like being talked to as if I said they couldn't be damaged by team spider, when that is clearly not the case=)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I had trouble thinking of anyone lower that wouldn't be a complete curbstomp for the big guys. I actually think they would win a large majority if it was only 2 Spider-Men too, which is why I added Miles with his sting. I'm not sure how much more damage Spider-Men can do then about 50 deep stab wounds in the course of a short amount of time and a building collapsing on top of them. I think that it's more likely that it's a stalemate then it is that the Spider-Men easily win, or Miles wins with his sting. I just don't see those two going down, but if they land a shot of their own, it could be a one-hit KO if it hits just right. Or Rocksteady could tear them apart with his horn like he did to the ninjas in the scans above. I doubt that the Spider-men would give that opening ever, but it's a possibility.

I would recommend starting a gauntlet if you are having problems. Start them off with captain America level people then move them up to spider-man level people.

Spider-man himself has taken down a building with a few punches (JMS run IIRC), he also punched iron man 2020 hard enough that when he went flying into the building, the building fell, he then tore the armor off of iron man 2020 (admittedly iron man 2020 was weakened but if tanking a building is there best feat I don't think thats enough). Deadpool has also tanked multiple stab wounds yet Peter has punched him out before. There punches aren't strong enough to one shot the spiders, the horn could gore them if it connects.

Right to left

All though not a lot of this really matters. Bebop and rocksteady don't seem to be intelligent I don't see why Peter can't just out smart them. He has beaten plenty of enemies by using the environment including class 80 rhino. I'd edit the OP to remove Kaine at the very least. It might make things more debatable.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

If you ask me Luke Cage type is a better match up, probably.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Nice break down. I took out Kaine. I do agree that the Spider-Men could outsmart them, but in a straight up battle, I think it would be a good one. It would probably end in either a stalemate or a win for the Spiders, but I still think it would be a cool fight to see.

I've always tried to be neutral when I debate on here, but I think I can't help but over-exaggerate these two. lol. It's the closest I have to fanboyism when it comes to these guys. They were my favorite when I was a kid, and now they're my two new favorite characters in the new series.

If you ask me Luke Cage type is a better match up, probably.

Here's one I made a few months ago. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/bebop-vs-luke-cage-1509070/

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jashro44
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom Sting!

No Caption Provided

If it drops Omega Red, it will drop these two quick.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: How do you think he would do without the sting?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers