#1 Edited by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

Beatboks1

vs

@thundergodswrath

Fight takes place in a neutral realm.

Classic Versions for both ( no Odin force or RK Thor no hell lord Hellstrom)

Both highly motivated but NOT bloodlusted ( no warrior madness for Thor no dark soul unrestrained for Hellstrom )

@thundergodswrath this seem OK

#2 Edited by Pierpat (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiiiice

#4 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

I rarely look on CaV, but this one will take my attention for sure.

#5 Edited by dondave (38883 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good™

#6 Posted by chiq (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#8 Edited by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to wait for Thundergod to kick it off, but might as well start.

On my iPhone away from scans ATM will edit in scans to support later.

To start off with a power comparison.

strength

There's no denying Thor has the edge here but it's not by a huge margin. Daimon's base strength level is said to be the strength of a 100 men and with his dark soul he can further enhance that when needed.

Durability

Both are actually pretty even here. When it comes to durability very few in marvel below sky father have greater damage soak ( in fact the only one who comes to mind is Thanos). There are a few who would be their peers like Sentry and Surfer but really the difference in durability of all of these guys is negligible at best. One of the best examples of Helstrom's durability I can recall comes from the first Helstrom series where a demon specifically charged with taking him on by Satan blasts him with all he has and Daimon laughs off the attack with statements like it could be a 100,000 times more potent attack and it wouldn't bother him.

Energy manip.

This is where things get interesting IMO. Thor with mjilnor is without doubt one of the highest energy manipulator a in Marvel. The energy that Daimon throws around is also definitely high end. When one demon had created a guise as Damon to hide from Satan ( after escaping hell), satan used him as a means to draw his son out. Knowing he would come to keep his name intact. satan had promised the demon the power of his son. When Daimon learned this he decided to give the demon his wish. If the demon wanted power Daimon gave him all. It was more than the demon could take and utterly destroyed an immortal existence.

Artifact powers.

Daimon's hellfire trident is a talisman not far behind the level of mjilnor. Daimon has used it to achieve many things, with it he wields hell fire to a degree of control few can match. In defenders when Dr Strange and nighthawk were captured by a cult he was able to raise the hellfire temperature to the point it melted the metal containing Strange without even searing his hands contained.

He has all used it to open time vortexes and travel through time or dimensional gateways ( through hell though he later learned to do so without it). He on even time manipulated with it when facing a vampire he made the middle of the night suddenly day. He has used it to control the earth and summon lightning himself

Ferocity in combat

Everyone knows Thor and his warriors code and how valiantly and fervently he fights. Daimon is also a very driven combatant. He constantly has to fight to control his demonic self. His dark soul fate making him do things that he is ashamed of latter once getting it back in control. He has no problem even as a hero threatening ( and believe me prepared to back it up) innocents to get to his objective.

The best example I can think of of his tenacity and ferocity is Hellstrom v1 issues 8 and 9. In that issue there have been several souls escaped from hell and their presence on earth is allowing Satan a foothold to bring hell to earth. Daimon easily detects their darkness and tracks them down sending the first few straight back to hell. The last couple however he deems not to be justly punished ( one was a wayward girl who was a drug addict and the other a gay woman) so decides to take them to plead to get into heaven. He takes them aaa rows hell in his chariot and then helps them scale the cliffs to heaven. Despite the searing pain of a hell spoken doing so he persists. When they are part way there and the hordes of hell are in Pursuit to stop them Daimon flings himself against all his fathers hordes and fights to delay them. At first he thinks he fights a loosing battle but his ferocity soon turns the tide his way despite the odds.

The one thing you can be sure of, Daimon won't go gently into that good night. IF Thor beats him it will be at a tremendous cost, it will take more than he's ever needed to do to win a fight. Is he prepared to go that far???

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

"There's no denying Thor has the edge here but it's not by a huge margin. Daimon's base strength level is said to be the strength of a 100 men and with his dark soul he can further enhance that when needed."

To be honest you've just proved that Thor is miles above Damion is strength. Not only is he far behind, but if he tries to wrestle with Thor he's going to get rag-dolled like Loki does if not worse. Typical Asgardians are regarded as being 25 tonners. and 1 ton equals 2000 pounds. A full grown man give or take can lift around 300 i'll give you their potential best ( no Batman potential though, lol ) not to mention none of them are weight lifters. I don't think I need to show the calculations to show that the typical Asgardian warrior has just out-done a feat by an opponent who is going against someone who has strength in the trillions upon trillions of tons. Thor does not have an edge, he has a major advantage here. Although once Damion see's how hard Thor hits he will move to range attacks. ( If it's not to late )

Here is an example of just how strong a punch from Thor can be.

The only way I see him going close quarters with Thor is if he uses he tridents range to keep Thor on the defensive side with Mjolnir.

"Both are actually pretty even here. When it comes to durability very few in marvel below sky father have greater damage soak ( in fact the only one who comes to mind is Thanos). There are a few who would be their peers like Sentry and Surfer but really the difference in durability of all of these guys is negligible at best. One of the best examples of Helstrom's durability I can recall comes from the first Helstrom series where a demon specifically charged with taking him on by Satan blasts him with all he has and Daimon laughs off the attack with statements like it could be a 100,000 times more potent attack and it wouldn't bother him."

That's an impressive durability feat that suggests he will be around for quite a while in a battle against Thor if energy attacks. Many may not know but characters often have resistance or are more durable to a certain form of attack. I believe Damion is more durable on the energy based side, which for him is going to be bad. As it puts him at another disadvantage cause in-character Thor's going to be doing a lot of Mjolnir smashing and throwing which should prove more effective than blasting him with an energy beam or hitting him with lightning. Although Thor is just as durable if not more.

Tanks blasts from the Celestials, even if they weren't at full power it is still impressive.

"This is where things get interesting IMO. Thor with mjilnor is without doubt one of the highest energy manipulator a in Marvel. The energy that Daimon throws around is also definitely high end. When one demon had created a guise as Damon to hide from Satan ( after escaping hell), satan used him as a means to draw his son out. Knowing he would come to keep his name intact. satan had promised the demon the power of his son. When Daimon learned this he decided to give the demon his wish. If the demon wanted power Daimon gave him all. It was more than the demon could take and utterly destroyed an immortal existence."

In my opinion in-character this is the only advantage Damion may have although it won't be enough. This is like a clash of energy projection and physical strength. Mjolnir could absorb Damion's attacks, but it's not likely to happen. Thor will mostly go for the "I can tank it route" , which he can for a while and than proceed to knock Damian around physically and let me say Thor does have his physical strength, but his strikes with Mjolnir are a lot more powerful and more effective against powerful beings. I see it being highly effective. Thor can counter Damion's energy projection with his long enough to get off an attack.

Once he gets the opening he will strike him down with a blow that will KO him and let's just say Thor is probably one of the hardest striking character in Marvel comics. His strikes have hurt beings far above his level and he can hit harder and harder if the one before does not do much.

Here Thor hurts Odin with a strike of Mjolnir, Damion will surely feel this.

"Daimon's hellfire trident is a talisman not far behind the level of mjilnor. Daimon has used it to achieve many things, with it he wields hell fire to a degree of control few can match. In defenders when Dr Strange and nighthawk were captured by a cult he was able to raise the hellfire temperature to the point it melted the metal containing Strange without even searing his hands contained.

He has all used it to open time vortexes and travel through time or dimensional gateways ( through hell though he later learned to do so without it). He on even time manipulated with it when facing a vampire he made the middle of the night suddenly day. He has used it to control the earth and summon lightning himself"

Agreed they some similar powers like energy manipulation, teleportation, and time travel. (Although Thor lost this the classic days).Heat won't do much for a guy who can sit in the sun, although hellfire may cause some pain as it's demonic.

These are all impressive abilities but Thor should have more superiority in those traits. Being the god of thunder, and lightning Thor can literally change any effect caused by Damion and being the son of Gaea, Thor has embraced his powers over the earth and can manipulate it too, I don't see these doing much.

Although an Anti-Matter blast should prove fatal to even Damion.

"Everyone knows Thor and his warriors code and how valiantly and fervently he fights. Daimon is also a very driven combatant. He constantly has to fight to control his demonic self. His dark soul fate making him do things that he is ashamed of latter once getting it back in control. He has no problem even as a hero threatening ( and believe me prepared to back it up) innocents to get to his objective."

Yes he is more ruthless but that's because Thor is among mortals on earth. If this battle is on an uninhabited planet than that will change. Or even if Damion pisses him off enough, which he will. Him and Thor both share the same characteristic to flaunt their status and power in front of their enemies faces so I believe this will only make Thor more powerful throughout the battle.

"The best example I can think of of his tenacity and ferocity is Hellstrom v1 issues 8 and 9. In that issue there have been several souls escaped from hell and their presence on earth is allowing Satan a foothold to bring hell to earth. Daimon easily detects their darkness and tracks them down sending the first few straight back to hell. The last couple however he deems not to be justly punished ( one was a wayward girl who was a drug addict and the other a gay woman) so decides to take them to plead to get into heaven. He takes them aaa rows hell in his chariot and then helps them scale the cliffs to heaven. Despite the searing pain of a hell spoken doing so he persists. When they are part way there and the hordes of hell are in Pursuit to stop them Daimon flings himself against all his fathers hordes and fights to delay them. At first he thinks he fights a loosing battle but his ferocity soon turns the tide his way despite the odds."

Pretty much the same as above. Thor has hurt innocent beings whether he intended to or not. Although he is not as lustful for a win as Damion is. I don't think it's going to do much other than make Damion start off at a moraless state once he see's Thor can tank everything he throws at him and return it. He may have an advantage at the beginning but that's as far as it goes, once Thor gets a taste of Damion's power it will be the end for him. It doesn't make it worse that Thor does not like demons much, so that will make him less hesitant in the actual fight. Also Thor will do what he has to save everyone or himself. Like when he teleported Wasp to the microverse to explode once the Skrulls put a bomb inside of her. It's just his character to do what he must to save the day.

"The one thing you can be sure of, Daimon won't go gently into that good night. IF Thor beats him it will be at a tremendous cost, it will take more than he's ever needed to do to win a fight. Is he prepared to go that far???"

He won't, but neither will Thor. I don't think it will be as much of a cost as you think it will be Thor has went to Mephisto's realm itself and fought him to a standstill. Damion is going to have to bring a lot, and at the end of the day Thor has fought more powerful demons like Mephisto and Surtur, so what is this one going to do?

#10 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22960 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

To be honest you've just proved that Thor is miles above Damion is strength. Not only is he far behind, but if he tries to wrestle with Thor he's going to get rag-dolled like Loki does if not worse. Typical Asgardians are regarded as being 25 tonners. and 1 ton equals 2000 pounds. A full grown man give or take can lift around 300 i'll give you their potential best ( no Batman potential though, lol ) not to mention none of them are weight lifters. I don't think I need to show the calculations to show that the typical Asgardian warrior has just out-done a feat by an opponent who is going against someone who has strength in the trillions upon trillions of tons. Thor does not have an edge, he has a major advantage here. Although once Damion see's how hard Thor hits he will move to range attacks. ( If it's not to late )

Maybe I wasn't clear, the strength of a 100 men is just his base strength. The level he has every day. he can further enhance that with enhance that with his dark soul. In his earlier appearance he was able to enhance it tenfold. He has since learned to draw more and more power from anger and frustration

even at his earlier feats that places him squarely at 150 tonner. these days in actuality much higher.

Many may not know but characters often have resistance or are more durable to a certain form of attack. I believe Damion is more durable on the energy based side, which for him is going to be bad. As it puts him at another disadvantage cause in-character Thor's going to be doing a lot of Mjolnir smashing and throwing which should prove more effective than blasting him with an energy beam or hitting him with lightning. Although Thor is just as durable if not more.

I agree the thing is Daimon has plenty of physical resistance feats too. Some of whihc I've already posted. For example the one of him facing the hordes of hell. Your average demon is stronger than Spidey ( think what DD could do in shadowland and he was not above average) and he fought hundreds taking everything they had and tearing them apart with his hellspawned teeth as his darksoul slowly came to the fore. there are other times he's fought the hordes of hell or other dimensions hordes with similar success.

In this instance for everyone he destroyed two took it's place yet he took all they could dish out and dished out more in kind.

In my opinion in-character this is the only advantage Damion may have although it won't be enough. This is like a clash of energy projection and physical strength. Mjolnir could absorb Damion's attacks, but it's not likely to happen. Thor will mostly go for the "I can tank it route" , which he can for a while and than proceed to knock Damian around physically and let me say Thor does have his physical strength, but his strikes with Mjolnir are a lot more powerful and more effective against powerful beings. I see it being highly effective. Thor can counter Damion's energy projection with his long enough to get off an attack.

As I've shown Daimon can tank quite a bit too.

Yes he is more ruthless but that's because Thor is among mortals on earth. If this battle is on an uninhabited planet than that will change. Or even if Damion pisses him off enough, which he will. Him and Thor both share the same characteristic to flaunt their status and power in front of their enemies faces so I believe this will only make Thor more powerful throughout the battle.

Pissing him off can only favor the son of Satan as it would give him the rage in Thor's heart to use against him and to draw power from. Daimon can sense all hatred and evil and use it to his advantage. The only one getting more powerful will be Daimon.

He won't, but neither will Thor. I don't think it will be as much of a cost as you think it will be Thor has went to Mephisto's realm itself and fought him to a standstill. Damion is going to have to bring a lot, and at the end of the day Thor has fought more powerful demons like Mephisto and Surtur, so what is this one going to do?

Daimon has also gone against Mephisto as well as fought his father ( Mephisto's equal in every way) and has done better than stalemate. In fact he has defeated his father AND other Hell lords(Osiris) at the same time (looking for mini now for the Scans ).

Thor has plenty of trouble with his brother Loki who lack in a physical match against Thor in the ways you've tried to state Daimon does. Daimon can use much of the same level of mysticsm as loki. he can use more energy projection. And when it comes down to it he's every bit if not more devious.

#15 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: the hardest part about this one is I'm fighting one of my fav marvel powerhouses with another.

#18 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

yea that's true that always been hard for me but just embrace it and think what would they do

#19 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

"Maybe I wasn't clear, the strength of a 100 men is just his base strength. The level he has every day. he can further enhance that with enhance that with his dark soul. In his earlier appearance he was able to enhance it tenfold. He has since learned to draw more and more power from anger and frustration even at his earlier feats that places him squarely at 150 tonner. these days in actuality much higher."

Well that's better, but it still doesn't change much. From what I've seen of Damion at the least he's Colossus level and at most She-Hulk. Those 2 beings are significantly below Thor in strength so I think you can see where i'm coming from. This is one advantage that Hellstrom is not particularly close too. I don't think one strike will put down Hellstrom because it won't, but rather if they get into a wrestle without their weapons or such than Thor would come out on top without much trouble.

Classic Drax VS Thor is a perfect example of how physically strong Thor is, and durable. (Seeing as how powerful Classic Drax was) They both end up tanking a supernova after.

Might have to read bottom right up to top left for some of my posts

"I agree the thing is Daimon has plenty of physical resistance feats too. Some of whihc I've already posted. For example the one of him facing the hordes of hell. Your average demon is stronger than Spidey ( think what DD could do in shadowland and he was not above average) and he fought hundreds taking everything they had and tearing them apart with his hellspawned teeth as his darksoul slowly came to the fore. there are other times he's fought the hordes of hell or other dimensions hordes with similar success."

I think a shot from Mjolnir will leave quite an impact though, not kill or KO Damion but weaken him quite a bit to the point where he knows he has to up his power. I don't think they've met in Marvel comics, so they might underestimate each other. Thor will do this more so as he will see Damion as a simple demon. You may get the first hit in due to this, although Damion is not quite someone who holds back as much as Thor does so I think he will let out a lot of power (enough that he believes will KO Thor). This will lead them both to up their powers but Thor having a little more in firepower and striking that he will come out on top, by countering everything thrown at him. Absorbing Damion's blast, countering his trident with Mjolnir. ect. I think Thor may be more versatile in the way that he has more power that can actually affect his opponent rather than Damion does Thor.

"In this instance for everyone he destroyed two took it's place yet he took all they could dish out and dished out more in kind."

Impressive I will say.

"As I've shown Daimon can tank quite a bit too."

He very well can.

"Pissing him off can only favor the son of Satan as it would give him the rage in Thor's heart to use against him and to draw power from. Daimon can sense all hatred and evil and use it to his advantage. The only one getting more powerful will be Daimon."

He can get more powerful, but I don't believe he will be quite on the level of Thor still. Maybe closer as he draws upon energy. Once Thor see's Damion rapidly increasing in power he will try to finish it quick. Maybe strike him down with a massive lightning bolt?

Won't finish him, but it will probably stop him from drawing for a bit as he may lose connection or concentration.

"Daimon has also gone against Mephisto as well as fought his father ( Mephisto's equal in every way) and has done better than stalemate. In fact he has defeated his father AND other Hell lords(Osiris) at the same time (looking for mini now for the Scans )."

I will counter when I see them.

"Thor has plenty of trouble with his brother Loki who lack in a physical match against Thor in the ways you've tried to state Daimon does. Daimon can use much of the same level of mysticsm as loki. he can use more energy projection. And when it comes down to it he's every bit if not more devious."

Thor holds back on Loki all the time, it's just how their characters have been shown. Thor will always do this unless Loki gets him absolutely mad, and still he may hold back. It is shown in almost every comic book that they appear in that Thor cares for Loki too much and will barely hurt him. The Avengers even wonder why he goes out of his way so much for him. This is not the best example as Thor holds back, and Loki does so to but he will likely still hurt Thor. Loki always results to trickery and clones when fighting Thor just look at this fight.

Here is a more serious Thor with minor help from Iron Man and Captain America beating Fenris and Loki with a Mjolnir equivalent to the point they have to run

Damion may be more powerful in potent power, but Loki's intelligence and versatility makes him a powerful opponent. His magic is extremely powerful and he would give Damion a good fight himself. I don't think that is a sufficient enough statement that can prove Damion can beat Thor.

#20 Edited by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's better, but it still doesn't change much. From what I've seen of Damion at the least he's Colossus level and at most She-Hulk. Those 2 beings are significantly below Thor in strength so I think you can see where i'm coming from. This is one advantage that Hellstrom is not particularly close too. I don't think one strike will put down Hellstrom because it won't, but rather if they get into a wrestle without their weapons or such than Thor would come out on top without much trouble.

Classic Drax VS Thor is a perfect example of how physically strong Thor is, and durable. (Seeing as how powerful Classic Drax was) They both end up tanking a supernova after.

Might have to read bottom right up to top left for some of my posts

Pretty much all I was trying to get at here is that Daimon isn't completely out of it in a physical confrontation. When you consider that he's not a nuckle buster normally and not very likely to mix it up in a purely physical brawl that should be enough. I conceded from the start that Thor had the edge her just that Daimon can certainly dish out physical damage when he wants, and he's easily a 150 to 20 tonner IMHO. I'll grant he doesn't have the "quantifiable feats" to support this number just in those he's physically mixed it with.

I think a shot from Mjolnir will leave quite an impact though, not kill or KO Damion but weaken him quite a bit to the point where he knows he has to up his power. I don't think they've met in Marvel comics, so they might underestimate each other. Thor will do this more so as he will see Damion as a simple demon. You may get the first hit in due to this, although Damion is not quite someone who holds back as much as Thor does so I think he will let out a lot of power (enough that he believes will KO Thor). This will lead them both to up their powers but Thor having a little more in firepower and striking that he will come out on top, by countering everything thrown at him. Absorbing Damion's blast, countering his trident with Mjolnir. ect. I think Thor may be more versatile in the way that he has more power that can actually affect his opponent rather than Damion does Thor.

It might leave an impact but i doubt for one moment that that will be the telling stroke. When Daimon battled mind-star an "ethereal form" given power by Anubis Mind-star was able to briefly sever his ink to his trident which made him fall from well above the stratosphere to earth. That fall was with minimal harm and equates to above a 130,000 kg blow or 143 ton (in imperial) blow based on the height of the stratoshpere between 10 and 130 km.

Yes he had to direct his fall so that he struck straight on and not break his bones but that is still mighty durable. that mind you is without his ability to heal.

He is able to heal with but a touch, when he healed the seer Profeet it was from death to life anew, and he did it without even consciously choosing too. The energy just flowed from him when he wanted it done. Whatever injury Daimon does receive he is more than capable of healing himself from.

Thor holds back on Loki all the time, it's just how their characters have been shown. Thor will always do this unless Loki gets him absolutely mad, and still he may hold back. It is shown in almost every comic book that they appear in that Thor cares for Loki too much and will barely hurt him. The Avengers even wonder why he goes out of his way so much for him. This is not the best example as Thor holds back, and Loki does so to but he will likely still hurt Thor. Loki always results to trickery and clones when fighting Thor just look at this fight.

In character Thor holds back on a LOT of people all the time. it's in his nature as an honorable warrior to win in a fair fight. Daimon on the other hand is used to fighting the most vile and rancid of spirits, the most perverted of characters that he does and always has WHATEVER it takes to win. He despises all his father is because of the torment he saw his mother endure, and will go to any lengths to achieve victory.

He can also fight on the Astral front. He can BFR the battle to an astral realm where his very Darksoul destabilizes those planes of existence and cause destruction through battlefield destruction (we never did agree on rules in regard BFR, but I figure since we can both do it it should be allowed). Attack at Thor's very etherial form, or his mind

None of which takes into consideration his other abilities. His mystic senses, divination, Hypnosis, the ability to use any evil no matter how small in others against them.

He can create duplicates

And then there is his trickery

A few scans from the son of Satan v 2 mini where he played all sides against the middle. Isis and Horus were once again trying to resurrect Osiris. His body had been cut into 14 pieces and scattered across the globe. All powers playing a side but hellstrom is the son of the lord of lies and he could see through all their deceptions and half truths. Satan wanted Isis to succeed so Osiris would be gone from he realm beside him and allow him more realm. Anubis wanted Isis to remain on the hunt. Hellstrom convinced Sis and Horus he was on their side by saving the boy. he gathered the last body parts they needed that only he could learn where. He brought Osisrs back from the dead and then killed him so as to keep the one part of him that would ensure only he could bring Osiris back again ( that one part he put in a safety deposit box and then dropped the key in a sewer just to make sure his old man was truly F#%ed

Now one last thing, you mentioned how Thor could sit on the sun so would have no problem with Daimon's hellfire. Not so I'm afraid. hellfire doesn't burn the body it burns the soul. Even Fire elementals can feel the heat of Daimon's hellfire so Thor wont be immune

@thundergodswrath I think I'm pretty much done. If you want to finish yours off (since I went first) we can call for votes.

#21 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

"Pretty much all I was trying to get at here is that Daimon isn't completely out of it in a physical confrontation. When you consider that he's not a nuckle buster normally and not very likely to mix it up in a purely physical brawl that should be enough. I conceded from the start that Thor had the edge her just that Daimon can certainly dish out physical damage when he wants, and he's easily a 150 to 20 tonner IMHO. I'll grant he doesn't have the "quantifiable feats" to support this number just in those he's physically mixed it with."

Okay I do agree he is physically strong, but I was just trying to say that Thor has a large advantage here that will come into play like every aspect in this battle. I'm trying to look at Thor's advantages because that will help in this battle, but that means this is Damion's disadvantage so it should be overlooked. In my opinion this is the advantage that will give Thor the end in the battle his brute force is going to be a force to be reckon with, and Damion will not be able to do much here.

"It might leave an impact but i doubt for one moment that that will be the telling stroke. When Daimon battled mind-star an "ethereal form" given power by Anubis Mind-star was able to briefly sever his ink to his trident which made him fall from well above the stratosphere to earth. That fall was with minimal harm and equates to above a 130,000 kg blow or 143 ton (in imperial) blow based on the height of the stratoshpere between 10 and 130 km.Yes he had to direct his fall so that he struck straight on and not break his bones but that is still mighty durable. that mind you is without his ability to heal."

Impressive, but Thor will dish out a lot more than Damion can endure. Yes at first he will tank a lot, but he will start to feel the impacts increase as the battle continues, sooner or later he's going to fall. Once Thor see's Damion is durable enough and powerful enough to take and dish out all the power he will retaliate with his. I don't think that is a comparable feat to Thor striking and hurting Odin which is something that takes plenty of power. I'll give him credit though, falling from that height is hard to endure, but like i've shown before Thor has tanked and dished out more.

"He is able to heal with but a touch, when he healed the seer Profeet it was from death to life anew, and he did it without even consciously choosing too. The energy just flowed from him when he wanted it done. Whatever injury Daimon does receive he is more than capable of healing himself from."

Well I guess that makes up for Thor's durability which seems to be higher than Damion's. This will only help him for a bit, in my opinion if Thor hits Damion will a full power attack I believe he can take him out fully healed or not. Thor just has more power at his disposal. He can even absorb blasts from beings as powerful as Glory (Said to be as powerful as a pissed off Odin) So Thor can just absorb the energy that heals Damion.

"In character Thor holds back on a LOT of people all the time. it's in his nature as an honorable warrior to win in a fair fight. Daimon on the other hand is used to fighting the most vile and rancid of spirits, the most perverted of characters that he does and always has WHATEVER it takes to win. He despises all his father is because of the torment he saw his mother endure, and will go to any lengths to achieve victory."

Doesn't change much when your opponent is more powerful than you and can take what is thrown at them. Yes Damion will be fighting with a lot more power than Thor is at the beginning but how much times is Thor not holding back at the beginning and than proceeds to easily beat his opponent when he see's he shouldn't hold back?

Shown when he fought Black Bolt.

Or Prime

Or here.

Plenty of times once he see's Damion is out to do anything to win, he will hit harder, and use more of his powers to put Damion down. Once this happens Damion will lose, although it will take time, Thor has that. He can take multiple hits from Hellstrom and still fight.

"He can also fight on the Astral front. He can BFR the battle to an astral realm where his very Darksoul destabilizes those planes of existence and cause destruction through battlefield destruction (we never did agree on rules in regard BFR, but I figure since we can both do it it should be allowed). Attack at Thor's very etherial form, or his mind"

Thor can travel through the Astral Realm, he can escape if he wants too.

"None of which takes into consideration his other abilities. His mystic senses, divination, Hypnosis, the ability to use any evil no matter how small in others against them."

What will mystic senses and divination actually do for him here? I doubt his hypnosis will work on someone as powerful as Thor. The last part I already went over above in my second post.

"He can create duplicates"

Cool.

"And then there is his trickery"

This won't help against someone who fights the god of trickery and lies every other day, what can Damion actually do that Thor hasn't already seen? Illusions, phasing, duplicates? He's seen all of that before.

"A few scans from the son of Satan v 2 mini where he played all sides against the middle. Isis and Horus were once again trying to resurrect Osiris. His body had been cut into 14 pieces and scattered across the globe. All powers playing a side but hellstrom is the son of the lord of lies and he could see through all their deceptions and half truths. Satan wanted Isis to succeed so Osiris would be gone from he realm beside him and allow him more realm. Anubis wanted Isis to remain on the hunt. Hellstrom convinced Sis and Horus he was on their side by saving the boy. he gathered the last body parts they needed that only he could learn where. He brought Osisrs back from the dead and then killed him so as to keep the one part of him that would ensure only he could bring Osiris back again ( that one part he put in a safety deposit box and then dropped the key in a sewer just to make sure his old man was truly F#%ed"

Impressive.

"Now one last thing, you mentioned how Thor could sit on the sun so would have no problem with Daimon's hellfire. Not so I'm afraid. hellfire doesn't burn the body it burns the soul. Even Fire elementals can feel the heat of Daimon's hellfire so Thor wont be immune"

Well that would be true if Thor hasn't already endured hellfire from someone more powerful than Damion, Ghost Rider. His hellfire did nothing to Thor. This option isn't going to be a good one for Damion as it will do nothing.

Well it still stands that Thor has more power to hurt Damion than vice versa, and in the end I think it's just too much for Damion to overcome.

As i've said this is going to play a big role in this battle as what Thor dishes out, Damion cannot tank. He's not as durable as Thor, nor can he take his full punishment. It won't be likely that Damian will take more than 3 full power strikes, and that may be a stretch. Thor's strength/striking power is going to be something Damion cannot get pass. Splits a mile long spacecraft in half, and than uses lightning to destroy the other half.

Durability wise Thor and Damian are closer than they are in physical strength and striking power, and to be honest I don't think Damion's durability is anything on Thor's level, just look at some of Thor's feats. Tanks a direct blast from Starbrand, Thanosi's destructive blasts, and a huge explosion when 3 weapons clash.

I doubt he's as durable as that. A punch from Rogue is powerful enough to shatter diamonds, and it only makes Thor flinch.

I'm guessing Damion will have a hard time injuring Thor enough to put him down.

Thor's lightning>Damian's hellfire, and it has been shown to hurt the most durable of beings. As i've shown Damion's hellfire cannot hurt Thor. but who said Thor's lightning can't hurt Damion? Cause it will, and it will cause great damage. A blast of lightning causes Hercules great pain.

His lightning can also can be powerful enough to block planet destroying blasts.

Damion won't be as lucky as a Voided out Sentry is here.

He would be more like this, Thor obliterating him with a lightning strike, and than Damion's corpse will be laying lifeless on the ground. Thor than gives the heroic demon an ironic death.

Well that's it, I learned quite a bit on Damion I liked the character, but never actually knew much. This helped. so thanks for that. Also should I open voting now or do you have anything else to add?

#22 Edited by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I actually do have something to add if you don't mind ( I intended to put it into my last post but I can't find the damn issue for scans).

First your assumption that GR is more powerful with hellfire is wrong. Daimon is heir of the throne of hell his hellfire is as strong as his old man's ( his netheranium trident actually saps satan of power)

Also when it comes to trickery and cunning I would place him above Loki to be honest. One of the best feats of his trickery was when he teamed up with two dark world gods against Dormammu and Satannish. They had taken over several hell realms and Daimon came up with the idea to alter these realms by mortal perception so that they could defeat them ( all helps are in part formed by the perception man has of them if man believes in a barge of the dead then that's what hell has)

Don't know why I missed that one, but yeah I'm good for votes

#23 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

It cutted my whole post...

Great job with showing Hellstorm from different side.

My vote goes to thundergodswrath, but not becuase Thor would win the fight, but becuase I haven't seen here wins with mentioned people (Anubis/Osiris/Satan (Madruk) ). BTW was that Kale with burning skull?

And beatboks1 - we all know that You've outstanding knowledge about demons and magic, but we doesn't. Even if You would find a scans in which Hellstorm would win with - for example - Anubis, it wouldn't tell me anything, since IDK how powerfull Anubis really is. Similar with Osiris and Kurios. From these gods I remember that Horus' could destroy small planets (fight with Demogorge) and some Seth's appearances in Thor's comics. If You could show next time some feats for enemies of character supported by You, who are less known for most of CV it would help Your case for sure.

#26 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: fair enough call. Hadn't thought about that . That's the problem with liking fringe characters their feats aren't as obvious be has their opponents are even more fringe.

#27 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: has my vote but great job to both. @thundergodswrath you always teach me something knew about thor bro I enjoyed the read

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by HigorM (4224 posts) - - Show Bio

Great match-up! I've enjoyed this debate from both parts, but my vote goes to @beatboks1, never thought that Hellstrom could be so powerfull. TGW did a good job supporting Thor, but I feel like beatboks1 was more convincing at the end.

#31 Edited by Zane_Horn (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: dude I think Damion Hellstrom is a legit BA thank you for using him... I'll come back in a second with a vote

#32 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

A very nice debate with a good exchange of arguments and rebuttals between each side. Thundergodswrath started off better but beatboks came back with an incredible paragraph on the full versatility of Hellstrom ranging from astral projections and his hellfire blasts being not just limited to pure pyrokinetic energy. However, I do believe beatboks could have benefited from showing scans of Hellstrom matching up to these hell lords since Thundergodswrath brought out his high end feats when his argument needed them. Conversely, I think TGW did slip up in using the Thor vs Classic Drax scans since those only apply to a morals off Thor since he was mind controlled in that fight. It'd have been better to back up his point about Hellstrom being on Colossus' level with Thor two shotting Colossus with ease. Still both side debated expertly on their respective characters but since I thougnt he kept up an overall strong case throughout the debate, my vote goes to @thundergodswrath

#33 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: let me go over and read again then will vote!

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

A very nice debate with a good exchange of arguments and rebuttals between each side. Thundergodswrath started off better but beatboks came back with an incredible paragraph on the full versatility of Hellstrom ranging from astral projections and his hellfire blasts being not just limited to pure pyrokinetic energy. However, I do believe beatboks could have benefited from showing scans of Hellstrom matching up to these hell lords since Thundergodswrath brought out his high end feats when his argument needed them. Conversely, I think TGW did slip up in using the Thor vs Classic Drax scans since those only apply to a morals off Thor since he was mind controlled in that fight. It'd have been better to back up his point about Hellstrom being on Colossus' level with Thor two shotting Colossus with ease. Still both side debated expertly on their respective characters but since I thougnt he kept up an overall strong case throughout the debate, my vote goes to @thundergodswrath

Thanks.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22960 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 @thundergodswrath: ok. after reading this over three times, my vote goes to @thundergodswrath. Not because beatboks didn't show how powerful Damion was....he did. But similar to what has been posted previously....show more on the opponents/foes that Damian has dispatched ( i though of this for myself also in debates....i need to do it) to illustrate his effectiveness, i just feel that thundergodswrath tied it all together just a bit more. sorry beatboks, i wanted to vote for you! guess you're free for our CaV now?

#38 Posted by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio

man the beatbox guy good argument so him

#39 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath -3

Beatboks1 -3

Ironically about as even as I figured a well written battle between these two powerhouses in character would be in a comic.

#40 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

More votes

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

OK that's it.

Just so this thing doesn't end in a stalemate, I'm voting for @thundergodswrath

#43 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with TGW. He actually proved Thor was stronger and in had more power IMO.

Good debating to both you.

#44 Posted by sophia89 (5885 posts) - - Show Bio

My vite goes to @thundergodswrath: he convinced me that thor can tank and deal more damage.

Really close fight though been reading it since yesterday.