Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@backflip:

Aurora isn't, though...lol...she's always power identical to Northstar and Ult. Northstar wasn't.

When the Phoenix came to earth in Endsong it thought Quire was Jean, but later realized he was too weak to be Jean iirc. I mean not that it matters since he's a mutant and I'm not actually using his TP, but yeah lol.

And yeah, I'm making it.

Would you say I'd be able to keep Kid Omega's FTL thoughts as part of his mind, or no?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@thedarklordpandamonium: You'd kinda need proof that Northstar was under Mach 20 though :P

And that's something I discussed with Beatboks1. I would argue no to FTL Mind with Quentin. Because Super Intelligence is a POWER and only revealed itself as part of his mutation, and therefore is not an innate part of his mind nor something he learned, but he's still brilliant, just not a super-computer :P

Okay well can't wait :)

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip:

There's tons of that, he couldn't even blitz Cyclops and his best speed feat was Mach 1. -_-

But I mean it is his mind...like, Kid Omega's thoughts are FTL, and that's part of his mind, he thinks 10 million brilliant thoughts a second.

I only really want it so that I don't have to argue for Kid Omega having to get 'used to' fighting at FTL speeds (Ult. Aurora w/Ult. Banshee) because that's just weird and I'm sure someone will try to debate that.

If you are super against it I'll go with Modeus tho, but for time being I'll go with Kid Omega w/FTL thoughts, thread is up and you can make the first post (=

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@thedarklordpandamonium: You have already given majority of your debate in this thread (minus the scenario). ◔_◔

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: You have already given majority of your debate in this thread (minus the scenario). ◔_◔

But Backflip hasn't. D:

And I do actually have like one more tidbit that I can do.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

when is this starting?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @cadencev2 , @beatboks1 you gonna make the thread? BTW don't forget I now have everywhere man's gauntlet.

LinkXV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for OMGOMGWTFWTF vs NighThunder

Two of my favorite viners, both with Amazing sets. I could see it going either way, they're both beastly amalgams.

LinkXV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, how does this work? One of us make the thread?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkxv1 said:

yes

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Sorry all, you guy's make the thread.

the post to make the thread doesnt count to post count all others do ( yes even those asking questions and clarification.

that is of course unless you use it to start your debate then it counts

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Sovereign91001

@beatboks1: what's going on with the tournaament; I've been out for a few days...tech issues and all.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: the draw is up 6 boys IIRC of 12 are underway I havent seen yours though. draw at bottom of prev page

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#75  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@beatboks1: sorry, guess soem of my first picks didn't fly, so here goes on 2nd batch.........

body = geo force, item = ebony blade?

does that work?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Geo-Force is over 100 tons isn't he?

I'm cool with the Ebony blade (Remember the worthiness enchantment on it though...)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip: awww...forgot about Geo-force bein that high (he doesn't display it often)........think anybody object at 90 ton cap for him so don't have to make another pick?

hmmm...........i'm gonna pick another item I think...gimme a bit. @beatboks1 : ok with you also?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 : ok, how about = body: Ms.Marvel (Carol Danvers, current) if not, then I'll pick Black Bolt. item: i'll stick with Ebony Blade.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By progenitorigin

@progenitor said:

My submitted team:

Mind: Wesker.

Body: Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising).

Power: Trenton Craft.

Power Item: Crimson Gem of Cyttorak.

Trenton Craft and Crimson Gem severely breaks the limits dude....

Not to single anyone out, but you've got Magneto and The Darkness for powers, and Trenton Craft breaks the limits? Just seems kind of odd to me considering his abilities at most were to send a small island into flames. Any way, if those two choices are against the rules, I'll edit them.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@progenitor:

tp/tk has to below classic Jean Grey.

Trenton Craft's powers allow him to walk out of a morgue after they performed an autopsy on him....

A child with the Crimson Gem of Cytorrak was displaying casual reality warping abilities and was capable of flying, shooting laser beams, messing with electronics, creating monsters, etc.

A retard with the Crimson Gem becomes the Juggernaut.

So yeah...

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@progenitor said:

My submitted team:

Um....can't Senator Armstrong tank like hundreds of thousands of tons of damage and lift hundreds of thousands of tons? I swear he was manhandling Raiden who lifted that 50,000+ ton Metal Gear and he needed that strength+ that blade just hurt him.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@progenitor said:

My submitted team:

Um....can't Senator Armstrong tank like hundreds of thousands of tons of damage and lift hundreds of thousands of tons? I swear he was manhandling Raiden who lifted that 50,000+ ton Metal Gear and he needed that strength+ that blade just hurt him.

Senator Armstrong can "tank" damage from Raiden when using the H.F. blade because of nanomachines that work as a healing factor. It also works so that whatever hits him, the nanomachines react by hardening that part of the body to defend against the impact. Raiden didn't require strength to beat Armstrong, he required Jetstream Sam's sword being driven into his heart.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mind: Albert Wesker.

Body: Senator Armstrong.

Power: Ezekiel Stane/Technovore.

Power: Extremis.

Unless the OP says otherwise, this is the team I'm going with currently.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: sorry, guess soem of my first picks didn't fly, so here goes on 2nd batch.........

body = geo force, item = ebony blade?

does that work?

That's fine, sorry about late reply I didn't get a notification and had to look for the page.

Mind: Albert Wesker.

Body: Senator Armstrong.

Power: Ezekiel Stane/Technovore.

Power: Extremis.

Unless the OP says otherwise, this is the team I'm going with currently.

So if what your saying is that the durability etc mentioned for Senator Armstrong only get's that high due to a device he wont have then No problem. I'm not familiar with him or Ezekiel.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Well, he'll be as durable as he was when he took a High-Frequency blade to the heart, which isn't even as durable or impressive as adamantium. He'll be about as durable as Grey Hulk, but having his wits about him. Ezekiel Stane is the son of Obadiah Stane. In the film Iron Man: Rise of Technovore, Ezekiel creates a biotechnological nanite virus known as Technovore, which bonds to him as his armor. Basically advanced bio-armor with unique offensive abilities.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: and just some clarification on the rules. The body chosen is just simple stats not powers correct? strength, speed, durability, flight, etc.... for example if vulcan was picked as body, wouldn't be able to utilize his energy output? Why I'm asking is trying to figure out if I can utilize Geo-Forces's elemental capabilities....

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: according to the bracket we are matched up? Fantastic, you are quite the debater and as far as I can tell, quite educated. This is going to be very challenging! When the time comes, could you set up the thread please?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I had a question for my match. Does the Brain of my character determin the knoweldge of the body, powers?

Example I have Ultimate Reed as my brain. He has use magic a few times and studied it as well. However does he for the match know Spawns Basic Power set of Necroplsma? Does he Know Hulks Body is all about Strength and Durability? Or does he have to figure these things out in the battle, which in a way limits the feats one can post with those things and argue....anyway.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I had a question for my match. Does the Brain of my character determin the knoweldge of the body, powers?

Example I have Ultimate Reed as my brain. He has use magic a few times and studied it as well. However does he for the match know Spawns Basic Power set of Necroplsma? Does he Know Hulks Body is all about Strength and Durability? Or does he have to figure these things out in the battle, which in a way limits the feats one can post with those things and argue....anyway.

The brain does determine how the powers are used. With respect to the body I don't see any issue using any feats. I mean the body sends signals to the brain so your going to know that you still have a lot left in the tank and what little damage things are doing to you. So really have a brain a little smarter should mean you can use strength better etc.

As for the application of power as i see it everyone should have access to rudimentary feats of the power. whether they can access greater or even enhance those feats would depend on how they can apply the power.

I'll use my own amalgam as an example Vic has knowledge of spirit magic ( basically described as taping the ki of Earth) while Tenison draws on his own Ki to use his power. One being a natural extension of the other. The magic provided by the ruby is also pretty rudimentary. Now on the other hand Jared has been bathed in the power of a lord of Order and a Lord of Chaos. One could argue that that would open up high end magic. I don't see it that way as Vic has no knowledge, training or capability to handle that type of power. Knowing how to use spirit power and influence nature or the environment around him ( like when he "preyed" to the city to aid him) extends nicely into a person who uses the power of their own spirit or a talisman that allows control of things around them by touch. It does not however extend to knowledge of spell craft like any Lord of Order or Chaos. No part of my amalgam really has that "knowledge" ( even Jared) so there is no way I could access such.

I hope that makes sense. Basically it all comes down to whether or not you can make a compelling argument for the mind being able to wield that level of power or taking it to higher levels.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Is your thread started yet?? link please?

when is this starting?

It's been going for a few days but I only know where 5 of the 12 battles are so far.

Hey @cadencev2 , @beatboks1 you gonna make the thread? BTW don't forget I now have everywhere man's gauntlet.

You do, then please post a link here. Sorry I missed this but i didn't get notified.

@backflip said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Geo-Force is over 100 tons isn't he?

I'm cool with the Ebony blade (Remember the worthiness enchantment on it though...)

I didn't think he was, I know of only one feat of him striking Superman that might indicate so and I thought it was more to do with his gravity control adding to the effects of his strength. I guess he could using that emulate greater strength for lifting but his blows would still only be that strong just that he can make his opponents fly by removing/reducing the gravity holding them. Still wouldn't make his blows do more damage.

@linkxv1 said:

In case you missed darklords reply while notifications were down, yes. Please post a link here when done.

@progenitor I'll set up the thread.

Link please??

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

got the link up for me and Floopay..........http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/beatboks-tourney-round-1-cosmicallyaware1-vs-floop-1487197/#1

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By beatboks1

OP updated with a couple more matches

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh wow, here's our link...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/amalgam-tourney-darkraiden-vs-cadencev2-1485036/