Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

My team consists of:

Achilles (Troy 2004)

Perseus (Clash/Wrath of the Titans)

Theseus (Immortals)

Leonidas (300)

• Your team must have two members minimum, four maximum
  • They must be using a sword/axe/spear/mace/dagger/staff or some kind of weapon along those lines. They also may have a shield or can duel wield.
    (They may also wield no weapon, or something along the lines of Wolverines claws, I won't be too restricting)
  • No projectiles
  • Your team may have one member with a healing factor, but not one that is too fast for them to be killed. They must be able to be incapacitated/killed (so no wolverine.. for example)
  • They can only be peak human at best

-Neither side has knowledge of the other

-Each team is given 10 minutes to converse among each other before the fight

-Location is flat desert land

-Teams are standing facing their opponents during the 10 minutes. 10 Meters apart.

• Achilles has his Armor, Shield, one spear and his sword he used to fight Hector. Achilles isn't invulnerable.
  • Perseus has his Armor, Shield, and a Sword
  • Theseus has his Armor from the final battle, a Spear, and a Sword
  • Leonidas has his Shield, Spear and Sword
(Left to Right) Leonidas, Theseus, Achilles, Perseus

EDIT: Your team may contain two over peak human members. They may not have more than one category of superhuman attributes. (Perseus has Superhuman durability, Theseus hasn't shown any signs of being Superhuman to my knowledge but still) They also cannot have higher superhuman stats than my members. (So, no higher than Perseus' feat of having a higher durability to blunt force)

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman, Nightwing, Taskmaster and Black Canary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot to mention it's standard gear, morals on, in character for your team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@the_lunact_and_manic: What gives you the edge? I admit Taskmaster is going to be an issue.

The new-52 Black Canary (With morals on) destroyed Gotham City's power station.

Nightwing have a 150,000-volt taser on his suit that can be discharged through his hands.

Batman have smoke pellets that can be used to confuse your team.

Edit: Fixed some typos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@the_lunact_and_manic: What gives you the edge? I admit Taskmaster is going to be an issue.

The new-52 Black Canary (With morals on) destroyed Gotham City's powergrid.

Nightwing has a 150.000-volt taser on his suit that can be discharged through his hands.

Batman's have smoke pellets that can be used to confuse your team.

• They must be using a sword/axe/spear/mace/dagger/staff or some kind of weapon along those lines. They also may have a shield or can duel wield.
    (They may also wield no weapon, or something along the lines of Wolverines claws, I won't be too restricting)
  • No projectiles

So that means no tasers, or pretty much gadgets of any kind.

How does that feat help your team here? What kind of combat feats has Black Canary got?

Batman using the weapons at his disposal based on the OP is going to have a lot of trouble with these guys, nightwing isn't on Batmans level yet due to a lack of experience. Leonidas is a master war tactician and is a veteran in sword, spear and shield combat, having been trained in the art of war from ages around 7-10 years old, and showing feats of leadership as he led the 300 to battle severely outnumbered, and winning, while being on the frontlines. He's also entirely ruthless.

Achilles is the same. Fought and trained all his life, and had never once been caught with a single strike/stab through the whole of the Trojan war, save for the grazing from Hector and the Arrow from Paris. He leads the Myrmidons, the first class infantry in ancient Greece, and was able to storm the beach of Troy with his army of about 50 men against hundreds, under arrow fire. He was the most skilled fighter in all of Greece in his time, his greatest challenge being Hector, champion of Troy. He killed him with relative ease, he was unmatched. Again, ruthless.

Theseus is much the same as Achilles. Young, strong and trained in combat all his life, by Zeus no less. (Zeus was disguised as an elderly man). You don't get much better training than that. He is also ruthless, and extremely skilled in sword and spear combat, able to engage multiple opponents at one time.

Perseus doesn't get his abilities from endless hours of training and war like the others, he inherits his skill. Being the son of Zeus, he shows an extremely quick grasp of sword fighting and has shown extremely high durability. His feats are perhaps some of the most impressive here, defeating a Chimera, Giant Scorpion born of Hades', Calibos who had a portion of Hades' power, among more. Not quite as ruthless, but he'll kill nonetheless.

What kind of feats has your team got to match this? I can arguably see Taskmaster stalemating Achilles for a long time, if not indefinitely, but if your other team members can't pull their weight in this fight he'll go down.

noiseinmyblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1) Captain America.

2) Cassandra Cain.

3) The Question. (Vic Sage.)

4) Black Knight. (You can replace his special swords with regular ones.)

Replacements in-case you want to refute any: Huntress (no crossbow), Black Widow, Punisher, Hawk-eye/Green Arrow without their bows.

There are two problems with this list.

First, Theseus and Perseus aren't human. They have the blood of gods in them. That makes them super-human. If you can take a punch to the face from Ares, a raging minotaur or some kind of rock/lava demon thing, you're not a regular human.

Second, just about any member of the Bat-family, or the likes of Lady Shiva/Bronze Tiger/Richard Dragon, could solo the group. It's a good battle, don't get me wrong, but when you're routinely fighting meta-humans, mutants and super-powered beings, people in robotic/powered suits, demons and aliens, and not dying at the end of the issue, you're not going to have a problem with 4 guys in sandals and loincloths.

(Captain America is border-line. He's technically at peak-human condition, the limits of current human evolution, but I've seen him do some feats lately that make it seem like he's more Also the SSS in his blood helps him with stamina issues, I think, so maybe that's meta. I think it's a fair match within your requirements, and considering you're fighting 2 demi-gods. But, you can remove him without me grumbling.)

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nightwing has a 150.000-volt taser on his suit that can be discharged through his hands.

• No projectiles

The taser part of his suit.

Also no way that some spears are gonna get through his armor, since it can tank high caliber-sniper shots. (Same for Batman)

How does that feat help your team here? What kind of combat feats has Black Canary got?

Hm? Canary Cry is not a projectile, lol.

How can your team defend themselves from a sonic scream?

Batman using the weapons at his disposal based on the OP is going to have a lot of trouble with these guys, nightwing isn't on Batmans level yet due to a lack of experience. Leonidas is a master war tactician and is a veteran in sword, spear and shield combat, having been trained in the art of war from ages around 7-10 years old, and showing feats of leadership as he led the 300 to battle severely outnumbered, and winning, while being on the frontlines. He's also entirely ruthless.

Batman has been fighting metahumans, gods, aliens, ninjas and thugs for..like..more than 40 years?

Just because he has been training since 10 years old, it doesn't make him any better than Batman, can he beat Talons? dodge Deadshot bullets? Break Killer Croc leg? Survive a beatdown from a Lesser-Iron Man-like armor?

Achilles is the same. Fought and trained all his life, and had never once been caught with a single strike/stab through the whole of the Trojan war, save for the grazing from Hector and the Arrow from Paris. He leads the Myrmidons, the first class infantry in ancient Greece, and was able to storm the beach of Troy with his army of about 50 men against hundreds, under arrow fire. He was the most skilled fighter in all of Greece in his time, his greatest challenge being Hector, champion of Troy. He killed him with relative ease, he was unmatched. Again, ruthless.

Nightwing is faster, he can dodge and tank bullets, no way some sword attack from someone from 1.000.000.000 years ago is faster than a 2013 gun.

Also, he doesn't have a army here.

Theseus is much the same as Achilles. Young, strong and trained in combat all his life, by Zeus no less. (Zeus was disguised as an elderly man). You don't get much better training than that. He is also ruthless, and extremely skilled in sword and spear combat, able to engage multiple opponents at one time.

Why is Zeus trainingany any better than another one?

What did Theseus learned? How hard he can punch? How fast is he?

Batman can defeat multiple Talons, Nightwing can also defeat a "high tier" one. (If there's such a thing, I think he was just better trained than the other ones, I'll check it later.)

Perseus doesn't get his abilities from endless hours of training and war like the others, he inherits his skill. Being the son of Zeus, he shows an extremely quick grasp of sword fighting and has shown extremely high durability. His feats are perhaps some of the most impressive here, defeating a Chimera, Giant Scorpion born of Hades', Calibos who had a portion of Hades' power, among more. Not quite as ruthless, but he'll kill nonetheless.

Black Canary can K.O him with the Canary Cry.

Sorry for the late reply, my internet sucks =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@i_like_swords said:

• No projectiles

The taser part of his suit.

Also no way that some spears are gonna get through his armor, since it can tank high caliber-sniper shots. (Same for Batman)

Hm? Canary Cry is not a projectile, lol.

How can your team defend themselves from a sonic scream?

Batman has been fighting metahumans, gods, aliens, ninjas and thugs for..like..more than 40 years?

Just because he has been training since 10 years old, it doesn't make him any better than Batman, can he beat Talons? dodge Deadshot bullets? Break Killer Croc leg? Survive a beatdown from a Lesser-Iron Man-like armor?

Nightwing is faster, he can dodge and tank bullets, no way some sword attack from someone from 1.000.000.000 years ago is faster than a 2013 gun.

Also, he doesn't have a army here.

Why is Zeus trainingany any better than another one?

What did Theseus learned? How hard he can punch? How fast is he?

Batman can defeat multiple Talons, Nightwing can also defeat a "high tier" one. (If there's such a thing, I think he was just better trained than the other ones, I'll check it later.)

Black Canary can K.O him with the Canary Cry.

Sorry for the late reply, my internet sucks =P

When I say no gadgets I mean literally nothing but their weapons. As in no sonics or tasers, or any kind of outside interference. Pure H2H combat.

I'm sure there is a gap somewhere in Batmans armor, and my team will find it. When they get a chance don't expect them not to stick a spear or sword though his Mask. I wasn't actually pitting Leonidas against Batman there, was just giving a run down of his abilities.

Not disputing that Batman has one of the biggest advantages here in terms of experience, but how is that exactly going to factor into this fight? You need to remember Batman is just a human. He may have the feats against superhuman threats, but what's he bringing to the table that can beat the team in terms of weaponry he's using or his H2H skill. The guy is very skilled but he's fighting four guys with very specific skill sets they've been working at all their lives (bar Perseus). What exactly is Batmans X-factor?

That's an impressive feat but Achilles has shown one very similar, and it's safe to assume he could match Nightwings feat. If you watch Achilles' fight with Boagrius, he dodges a spear coming at him on target right at the last second, he dodges arrows while storming the beach, and has shown good ability to predict and counter enemy moves as displayed in his fight with Hector. He doesn't telegraph either if you watch him. He shows no sign of his next move, and chooses to bait his opponents into traps he sets. His movement is also always fluid, never overshooting his mark when striking, always on balance. Anyone on your team is going to have problems with him. He's probably the MVP of my team. Followed closely by Theseus and Perseus and to a lesser extent Leonidas. My main point about these guys leading armies is that they're on the front lines. They are in there among hundreds of enemy soldiers, accounting for projectiles, being outnumbered, and their surroundings, and never failing to survive and overcome. Now all they have is four on four. They can direct all of their ruthlessness and attention to one guy at a time, making them even more dangerous.

Edit: About the Zeus training. Zeus has been there since before the creation of humans. He's the ruling god of this universe, no one is more powerful than him. No doubt he will know combat better than any human, and most gods save for someone like Ares or Athena. Being trained from a young age by someone that is literally.. god, means you can't get much better training in your craft.

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Just H2H?

I lose then, I suck at debating H2H feats, lol. (I made this team counting on their "powers")

Oh well, cya. ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Captain America.

2) Cassandra Cain.

3) The Question. (Vic Sage.)

4) Black Knight. (You can replace his special swords with regular ones.)

Replacements in-case you want to refute any: Huntress (no crossbow), Black Widow, Punisher, Hawk-eye/Green Arrow without their bows.

There are two problems with this list.

First, Theseus and Perseus aren't human. They have the blood of gods in them. That makes them super-human. If you can take a punch to the face from Ares, a raging minotaur or some kind of rock/lava demon thing, you're not a regular human.

Second, just about any member of the Bat-family, or the likes of Lady Shiva/Bronze Tiger/Richard Dragon, could solo the group. It's a good battle, don't get me wrong, but when you're routinely fighting meta-humans, mutants and super-powered beings, people in robotic/powered suits, demons and aliens, and not dying at the end of the issue, you're not going to have a problem with 4 guys in sandals and loincloths.

(Captain America is border-line. He's technically at peak-human condition, the limits of current human evolution, but I've seen him do some feats lately that make it seem like he's more Also the SSS in his blood helps him with stamina issues, I think, so maybe that's meta. I think it's a fair match within your requirements, and considering you're fighting 2 demi-gods. But, you can remove him without me grumbling.)

Alright, honestly I wasn't even aware of Theseus being the son of Poseidon, I'll change it to slightly over Peak human. My thing with Perseus is if he takes a sword to the gut he's still dying same as anyone else, which is a little different from being able to take punches.

It isn't just four guys in Sandals loin cloths, and no one from the Bat family ect are soloing. These guys have undergone endless amounts of training save for Perseus, and likely could handle similar threats. Perseus has overcome Superhuman mythological threats without dying, some without even the help of the gods, so he's definitely on par here. Arguably, Leonidas is the same. Him and the 300 were outnumbered AND faced magic users and still came out on top. This was after days and days of fighting with little rest. Not to mention, these guys are wearing armor and are armed with the weapon thats grown to become like a second arm to them - their swords.

Cap is definitely tough to beat, but he hasn't got durability like Perseus or balance like Achilles. Either of them are giving him problems. Theseus too. Theseus has shown the ability to disarm multiple opponents with ease and use their weapons against them, so when goes for a shield bash it isn't connecting, theseus is too good in that department. (Bare in mind there are no projectiles, so no shield throw). Leonidas is on par with the rest of my team on skill although can be considered the weakest link.

What have the rest of your team got in their arsenal to beat mine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lunact_and_manic: Really? Wouldn't think it would be terribly difficult with Batman but I did try hard to make a good team. Thanks for posting!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maya Lopez (short katana), Elektra (two sai), Lady Bullseye (bladed fan), Black Widow (shield, dagger)

Each one has so much knowledge of martial arts alone, together they can beat the guys. They are also a lot faster and agile than the guys in my opinion, and deadlier.

Speed and agility is a tough one to beat here. Theseus and Achilles definitely have that area covered well. Another big problem for them is that three of my guys are using a spear, and each of them are shown to be damn good with it, being able to engage and kill multiple opponents at a time. All they need to do is form up and your teams exceptionally short weaponry won't be able to touch them.

Also, since when did Black Widow carry a shield..

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Batman

-Nightwing

-Cassandra Cain

-Tim Drake

I win. ;D

If you want a debate, tell me why you think my team wouldn't defeat yours.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@runawayavenger: Maybe, maybe not. You're underestimating just how simple and effective a spear can be though. My guys will be standing in a turtle formation, in order for you to not breach their weak spots, and they won't be throwing the spears as there are no projectiles, they'll be lunging as soon as you come into range. Seriously, they'll lock up their weak points and you won't be able to reach them. Get past the spear? (unlikely) Now you have a shield to get past, and all my guy has to do is pull his spear back and run the edge across the back your members leg. They'll be too close to evade it and get out. But apart from that, they aren't getting close enough. They can't run fast and stab if they have nowhere to run or nothing to stab. Unfortunately for Maya, it's hard to mimic a spear with a short katana.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conan, Thorkell, Gregor Clegane, and The Golden-Arm Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

-Batman

-Nightwing

-Cassandra Cain

-Tim Drake

I win. ;D

If you want a debate, tell me why you think my team wouldn't defeat yours.

Bear with me here, I'm no expert but I can definitely defend my guys.

Okay, there's the experience factor. Theseus, trained from a young age by zeus in mortal form. This means that he is being trained in the most lethal form of combat there was at that time by an omnipresent yata yata being who has seen everything any human has done. There would have been nobody to provide better training than the guy who's been there the longest and seen everything. Aside from that? He's a demi-god, which although maybe not by a large margin, puts him ahead in physical stats than all of your team.

Achilles. Where to begin. Okay, for a start. Everything I just said about Theseus? Achilles is arguably better than him. He was the greatest warrior of his time, the best. He had perfect balance and form, fluid movement, immense strength able to knock Hector back and forth with seeming ease. He is able to bait his opponents into coming close and expose any weakness they have. Not just saying that. He can do it. He did it to Hector. He would stand like a statue and as soon as his opponent would strike he'd already know what he was aiming for, that's how he's able to dispatch people so quickly. The guy is unrivaled in skill with a sword, and a spear for that matter.

Perseus has insane durability to blunt force. No doubt a blade inside of him will kill him as easily as anyone else here, but it'll take a lot to knock this guy out. Aside from that he has inherited his skill with a sword from Zeus himself and has defeated several Mythological beasts using only mortal means. Leonidas is near enough equally impressive as his team mates, except he has something none of them have, and has more of than all of your team save for Batman - experience. He's a Spartan. He's been trained to kill since he was a young child. Now he's the best at what he does among all other Spartans. He's a fantastic war tactician and will be able to fully compliment the other members of my team.

Aside from that. What weaponry has your team got to rival mine. We'll have you at a distance with a spear, and can unsheath a blade in the blink of an eye when you get close. How are you getting past the shield? As far as I'm concerned, we have the advantage in range here, and arguably weaponry, but I'll leave you to tell me more about your team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: @betatesthighlander1: do you guys mind educating me on your characters? I can tell you all about mine but I can't argue against all of yours if you get me. Meg's getting killed, though.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Conan of Cimmeria is a Barbarian and the greatest warrior on Earth

Throkell the tall is a viking famous for his savagery and size

Gregor is similar but he's a knight

The Golden-Arm Kid is a martial artist who doesn't believe in weapons (since they can be broken or stolen) so he's trained his arms to be killing machines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Okay, Conan is formidable, as is the Golden Arm Kid to some degree, but you have two weak links. Big and savage isn't going to cut it against my team, and that's what two of your members are. Achilles easily dispatched Boagrius, the Champion of Thesally, who was also tall and savage, with no effort. He put a sword in his heart before he could halfway lift his own blade. As for the knight, Theseus has his number with the spear, as he's shown quite a few times to aim for the head or neck regardless of armor. Perseus held his own against a cyclops, alone. Golden Arm Kid has no answer for the shields and once your larger members are cut down he'll be severely outnumbered. Also, when he gets tagged, it is going to be fatal. He has no armor and no way to block. These guys have been training to cut down trained soldiers for a good bit of their lives, so they are going to wear him down and tag him, which will result in death. I'm not entirely familiar with Conan but the honestly, I think he's met his match. If not because of your teams weak links, because he isn't ready to taken on a Spartan, a demi-god or the greatest warrior in Greece.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@runawayavenger: Honestly, you're hard beat when you're talking about battle strategies. The Greeks set the standard for battle. They're some of the original warriors and the best swordsman there has ever been. Not only that, but Black Widow is a spy, and Elektra and Lady Bullseye are.. I'm not sure, mercenaries? Point I'm making is, they haven't been fighting their whole lives. They haven't been training since before they would walk. And they haven't been commanding armies while outnumbered vastly. It takes a lot of guts and intelligence to command an army because those mens lives are in your hands. As shown in 300, Leonidas is a superior tactician having been training since a child and commanding armies for most of his adult life. Achilles had the best infantry in all of Greece, the Myrmidons. Trust me, these guys are outmatching you in tactics. Black Widow hasn't got them sussed, especially Achilles considering how unorthadox his fighting style is.

More on the strategy front. Fact is, they know a few martial arts yes, but they aren't trained to work as a unit like my guys are. And while they spend time feeling out the formation my team has taken, they're putting themselves at risk of being tagged. Trust me, they aren't dancing around these spears or getting past the shields.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Boagoarius had no armor on,; Gregor Clegane wears the thickest, hevaiest armor in the seven kingdoms

Thorkell is no stranger to fighting small, fast opponents, just look at his battle with Thorfinn http://www.mangareader.net/125-6191-1/vinland-saga/chapter-19.html

and Golden Arm kid could probably punch through a shield, and attacks to him could be easily blocked

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

see how easily he blocks and breaks swords?

and Conan hass taklen on plenty fo worse stuff thanm what you mentioned

well, the guy regularly fights

Dinosaurs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Giant apes

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

professional stranglers(who ahd been trained since birth to strangle) (at strangling)

No Caption Provided

Frost Giants

No Caption Provided

Bulls (with his bare hands, he was around 15 when he did this)

No Caption Provided

as he's pretty good at the whole "fighting" thing

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@allstarsuperman: @betatesthighlander1: do you guys mind educating me on your characters? I can tell you all about mine but I can't argue against all of yours if you get me. Meg's getting killed, though.

Bibleman has the armor of God: Waist-belt of Truth, Breastplate of Righteousness, the Shield of Faith, Shoes of Peace, Helmet_of_Salvation, and Sword of the Spirit. He can also teleport, but he only did that early on the start of the show.

Raizo, is from ninja assassin. hes the most skilled fighter, is fast, and maybe has some form of shadow powers?

Prison Meg, not just ordinary "i take everyones crap Meg". Prison Meg owned Peter and we all know Peter is a formidable opponent

Hit-Girl, hit-girl-respect-thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: If GAK can punch through a shield that means superhuman strength, and he has superhuman durability in his arms, then that kind goes against the op, as I said you can only have one superhuman attribute, but we'll assume he can't punch through steel for the purpose of debating.

Honestly, from what I saw, it doesn't seem like GAK would be able to stand up to my guys. He hasn't show their kind of killing capability, but is merely great at blocking. He stalemated in that video against the guy with nunchucks until he was poisoned and didn't actually land on him nor did he disarm him or show a lot of offensive ability. All it will take from one of my guys is one swipe to the leg from a blade (which should happen after a prolonged fight) and he's injured. Once my guys suss out his arms are invulnerable they'll start looking for a better weak spot. Doesn't matter how long it takes, my guys are able to kill, and GAK really isn't as good as them at it, and that's the whole point of the battle.

Okay, to compare feats with Perseus. Perseus (and Theseus actually) was snuck up on by a Minotaur (half man-bull) and was capable of preventing it from sinking it's horns into him and killed it. Perseus killed the minotaur with his bare hands too. The other minotaur Theseus fought was a trained soldier, and had the jump on Theseus, and he managed to kill it, so I'd say my bull-type feat was more impressive. Theseus' was similar but both him and the Minotaur were armed. Perseus killed a Chimera using it's own flammable venom. It choked it into coughing up it's own fire onto itself which in result killed it. This was especially impressive as he would of been out of combat for some time here. His feats also include killing Calibos which I talked about, the Giant Scorpion, although he had some help and defeating the Cyclops which is comparable to a Frost Giant. Actually the Chimera is similar to a dinosaur in some aspects, except it breaths fire. Perseus matches him in feats.

Perseus vs Chimera

Perseus vs Cyclops

Perseus vs Minotaur

(Warning: These links take you off the battle page, so I'd drag them and make a new tab)

Where Conan excels in killing wild beasts he may not stack up to Achilles in skill. It seems like a lot of his feats are based on pure ferocity and strength, perhaps more than Achilles is used to, but Achilles has fought in many wars, and he's never been tagged or injured I believe. He didn't at Troy anyway. I'll send some links of him in battle so you can get a good idea of how good he is at not getting hit. Also, Hector may not be as big as Conan, but he's definitely accurate, and Achilles matches him strike for strike and bests him without strain. Note Achilles style and fluid movement as well. He doesn't miss, he's only ever blocked. He doesn't ever waste one strike. He waits for his opponents and makes everything count. While he can duck and weave a light spear handle which travels faster than a sword or axe.

Achilles vs Boagrius. I thought this was worth sticking in to demonstrate Achilles' agility and accuracy in terms of killing. Boagrius may look like easy pickings, but it takes a lot of skill to embarrass someone as ferocious as him.

Achilles and 50 men taking Troys beach, against hundreds of opponents. Mostly Achilles, though.

Achilles vs Hector. Hector was the only man to rival Achilles at that time, and he is embarrassed in combat.

Now some similar footage of Theseus which showcases his skill with a spear and his skill to pinpoint the vulnerable spots on someones body.

Theseus vs Hyperions Army. Note the first two kills, to the neck. I'm sure there is one more slice at the neck and perhaps more. Aside from that he shows this accuracy while fighting armorless and against multiple opponents.

(I can't find the Minotaur video, but he does kill it, with great difficulty but he does manage)

Now for Leonidas

Leonidas holding his own and Defeating a superhuman Giant.

Leonidas shows his skill with his Spear and sword against multiple opponents. Also shows how his shield is an extremely formidable weapon. Skip nearer the end.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats tough

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther, Taskmaster, Deathstroke and Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Elektra is Greek, she will know her stuff if any one. Achilles unorthodox style won't mean anything against Maya. Black Widow has been fighting since before World War 2, since she was a child. Elektra and Maya were both fighting since they were children also. Plus, Elektra, Widow and Lady Bullseye lead the Hand, possibly a bigger army than Hydra. Also, Elektra, Lady Bullseye and Maya were all employees of Kingpin, so they should work together fine, Natasha and Maya were also Avengers so they should work together fine. Point I'm making is read some comic books before you give incorrect information.

• They could get threw the shields and spears, since they know more than "a few martial arts", they know strategy and how to beat it or get around it.

Elektra won' know her stuff better than the guys actually making the myths, I think you're overestimating your teams knowledge a bit. Cap is a better tactician than Widow and even he would have trouble here.

It will to Maya because even though she can read styles, as you claim, he's changing it up constantly, and his styles involves baiting opponents. She won't be able to keep up with him. She copies one movement, then when she goes into her next strike he'll have a whole new gameplan, while she'll be busy making predictions. Fact is this ability could play in her downfall. She won't be able to read his gameplan the first time he plays it, and he has a lot of gameplans. Unless you can showcase her feats in combat against his, he's going to be too much for her.

Has Black Widow really? That would make her.. what over 80 years old? Maybe I'm not familiar with her background, but she definitely hasn't been around for 80 years unless she's been having her body preserved somewhere, which means she wouldn't be gaining experience. Elektra and Maya might have been trained since birth, but they weren't trained by Zeus like Perseus, they didn't receive the same ruthless and absolutely flawless training of a Spartan like Leonidas, and they aren't naturally born warriors like Perseus or Achilles. They may all have worked together and know eachother, but they won't have the same training as each other. These guys are all skilled in the same style and will compliment eachother perfectly. I don't think the "read some comics" jab was necessary, it's just a debate. I'd like to think I do know my stuff.

Honestly, they aren't getting through. Trust me, when you're on the other side of a shield and spear you have very little options, whereas the guy behind it has all the options in the world. Their only options are to try and sidestep the spear, which if they do they now are getting a headache from the shield bash which is coming, or they can try to jump over the shield, which simply exposes them for the kill. Their weapons are too small and provide too little options against a spear. The spear was designed for this kind of combat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: @dondave: Let me get to you guys tomorrow, it's kind of late for me here. Honestly though, I think dondave has my number but I'll give my best debate. Can I ask how good is Deathstrokes healing factor? I've heard it's as good or better than Deadpools which is kind of overkill for my guys here.

Edit: also in how many ways are deathstroke/black panther superhuman? It can't be more than one. Like they can have slightly superhuman strength but can't have speed on top of that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dondave

@i_like_swords: Deathstroke has an accelerated healing factor similar to that of Ultimate Captain America but nowhere near Wolverine or Deadpool levels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: If GAK can punch through a shield that means superhuman strength, and he has superhuman durability in his arms, then that kind goes against the op, as I said you can only have one superhuman attribute, but we'll assume he can't punch through steel for the purpose of debating

not really, trained martial artists can do that kind of thing

Loading Video...

Honestly, from what I saw, it doesn't seem like GAK would be able to stand up to my guys. He hasn't show their kind of killing capability, but is merely great at blocking. He stalemated in that video against the guy with nunchucks until he was poisoned and didn't actually land on him nor did he disarm him or show a lot of offensive ability. All it will take from one of my guys is one swipe to the leg from a blade (which should happen after a prolonged fight) and he's injured. Once my guys suss out his arms are invulnerable they'll start looking for a better weak spot. Doesn't matter how long it takes, my guys are able to kill, and GAK really isn't as good as them at it, and that's the whole point of the battle.

the "guy with nunchucks" was the Legendary drunk sheriff Hai To, who's whole deal is a bit to much to go into right now

and he can take on your guys easily, he manhandles an entire base filled with trained martial artists (can't find the clip of that one right now)

Okay, to compare feats with Perseus. Perseus (and Theseus actually) was snuck up on by a Minotaur (half man-bull) and was capable of preventing it from sinking it's horns into him and killed it, with a rock. Perseus killed the minotaur with his bare hands too. This minotaur was a trained soldier, and had the jump on Perseus, and he managed to kill it, so I'd say my bull-type feat was more impressive. Theseus' was similar but both him and the Minotaur were armed. Perseus killed a Chimera using it's own flammable venom. It choked it into coughing up it's own fire onto itself which in result killed it. This was especially impressive as he would of been out of combat for some time here. His feats also include killing Calibos which I talked about, the Giant Scorpion, although he had some help and defeating the Cyclops which is comparable to a Frost Giant. Actually the Chimera is similar to a dinosaur in some aspects, except it breaths fire. Perseus matches him in feats.

The Minotaur in that movie was just some featless crazy gut who walked around with a bull hat on, not very impressive

and the Minotaur is cool and all, but he was struggling against it, while Conan totally just up and murders giant creatures all the time

Where Conan excels in killing wild beasts he may not stack up to Achilles in skill. It seems like a lot of his feats are based on pure ferocity and strength, perhaps more than Achilles is used to, but Achilles has fought in many wars, and he's never been tagged or injured I believe. He didn't at Troy anyway. I'll send some links of him in battle so you can get a good idea of how good he is at not getting hit. Also, Hector may not be as big as Conan, but he's definitely accurate, and Achilles matches him strike for strike and bests him without strain. Note Achilles style and fluid movement as well. He doesn't miss, he's only ever blocked. He doesn't ever waste one strike. He waits for his opponents and makes everything count. While he can duck and weave a light spear handle which travels faster than a sword or axe.

I guess this passage, from Poll of the Black One would be relevant (in that case)

"Zaporavo was the veteran of a thousand fights by sea and by land. There was no man in the world more deeply and thoroughly versed than he in the lore of swordcraft. But he had never been pitted against a blade wielded by thews bred in the wild lands beyond the borders of civilization. Against his fighting-craft was matched blinding speed and strength impossible to a civilized man. Conan's manner of fighting was unorthodox, but instinctive and natural as that of a timber wolf. The intricacies of the sword were as useless against his primitive fury as a human boxer's skill against the onslaughts of a panther. Fighting as he had never fought before, straining every last ounce of effort to parry the blade that flickered like lightning about his head, Zaporavo in desperation caught a full stroke near his hilt, and felt his whole arm go numb beneath the terrific impact. That stroke was instantly followed by a thrust with such terrible drive behind it that the sharp point ripped through chain-mail and ribs like paper, to transfix the heart beneath. Zaporavo's lips writhed in brief agony, but, grim to the last, he made no sound. He was dead before his body relaxed on the trampled grass, where blood drops glittered like spilt rubies in the sun. Conan shook the red drops from his sword, grinned with unaffected pleasure, stretched like a huge cat..."

and how do you respond to Thorkell and Gregor The Mountain?

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

@i_like_swords: I'll through a bid in for taskmaster, Black Panther, Elektra and Wesker (Peak human or too much, if too much stepping up to the plate would be,) NINJAK! MWHAHAHAH *cough* There you are

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

the "guy with nunchucks" was the Legendary drunk sheriff Hai To, who's whole deal is a bit to much to go into right now

and he can take on your guys easily, he manhandles an entire base filled with trained martial artists (can't find the clip of that one right now)

Didn't know how to describe him haha. While he's manhandling multiple martial artists, my guys are if not always outnumbered in their fights and cut through opponents like butter, as shown in the clips. Achilles Theseus and Leonidas are all capable of engaging multiple opponents at a time, just like GAK. Not going to lie, he is impressive, but Theseus especially has shown his skill in picking out the weak point in an opponent. The problem for him with Achilles especially is that Achilles doesn't waste anything. In the videos AK is shown to throw a lot of strikes and never stop attacking, which suits Achilles perfectly. Achilles is always changing his game plan and baits his opponents to come to him. He also very rarely if not is never hit, so I think based on killing ability and in general tactics and balance, Achilles could take him. Leonidas would be the weakest against him, whereas Perseus, Theseus and Achilles all have the reaction time and killing ability to manage him. If you want we can agree on fair match ups for our characters or we can talk about our teams as a whole.

The Minotaur in that movie was just some featless crazy gut who walked around with a bull hat on, not very impressive

and the Minotaur is cool and all, but he was struggling against it, while Conan totally just up and murders giant creatures all the time

My main reason for including the Theseus minotaur is because to me it seemed superhuman the way it kicked him around.
You're right there, Conan takes it terms of taking on large beasts, I'm just saying, Perseus was snuck up on, and killed it with his bare hands, which is an impressive feat and I'm sure he could do better if it was a more even battle.

That description of him is pretty impressive. Not entirely sure how to counter it but.. when it talks about sword fighting being natural to him? (I think it said something like that) Well that's a trait shared by Perseus and Achilles. The thing about "and felt his whole arm go numb beneath the terrific impact." My counter for that is Leonidas was taking several hits from that superhuman giant, so he wouldn't be affected as badly by Conans strikes because he isn't as strong. Theseus would probably feel the effect the worst here. Perseus has good durability and he could take it. Achilles isn't getting his easily, and if he is it's on the sword and only glancing shots on the shield. No doubt Conan is causing serious problems here.

I think Thorkell is your weakest link as I said before. All my guys save for Theseus have shown feats against larger opponents and he is too lightly armored. As for Gregor. He is going to have good training as a knight and his armor will be a difficulty. Couple of things. He is going to feel when his armor is struck, though it won't kill or injure him right away. Theseus has definitely got his number in terms of killing capability because as I showed he can land in critical places with his spear, with all his strength and with accuracy. I noticed his hands/fingers are exposed which could be an issue. Also a notable factor is that he will be moving the slowest out of everyone wearing all that steel armor, which makes him a big target and an easy one to counter. Having said that, he won't go down easy as he is a trained knight, but I feel he goes down.

You might have a few reasons why Thorkell and Gregor don't go down for the reasons I mentioned so please key them in. Also I think Conan and GAK are your MVPs here, but I'm thinking my team is balanced enough to come up with the win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I'll through a bid in for taskmaster, Black Panther, Elektra and Wesker (Peak human or too much, if too much stepping up to the plate would be,) NINJAK! MWHAHAHAH *cough* There you are

Elektra is a weak link here. Taskmaster and Black Panther will be issues but I'd need to properly sit for a while and think about them. I'm thinking Wesker is way too much haha. If you could tell me about Ninjak and his main strengths or show some content of his that'd help.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

Didn't know how to describe him haha. While he's manhandling multiple martial artists, my guys are if not always outnumbered in their fights and cut through opponents like butter, as shown in the clips. Achilles Theseus and Leonidas are all capable of engaging multiple opponents at a time, just like GAK. Not going to lie, he is impressive, but Theseus especially has shown his skill in picking out the weak point in an opponent. The problem for him with Achilles especially is that Achilles doesn't waste anything. In the videos AK is shown to throw a lot of strikes and never stop attacking, which suits Achilles perfectly. Achilles is always changing his game plan and baits his opponents to come to him. He also very rarely if not is never hit, so I think based on killing ability and in general tactics and balance, Achilles could take him. Leonidas would be the weakest against him, whereas Perseus, Theseus and Achilles all have the reaction time and killing ability to manage him. If you want we can agree on fair match ups for our characters or we can talk about our teams as a whole.

I think the Golden Arm Kid would be able to break their spears, and then their swords, and then outbox them

My main reason for including the Theseus minotaur is because to me it seemed superhuman the way it kicked him around.

You're right there, Conan takes it terms of taking on large beasts, I'm just saying, Perseus was snuck up on, and killed it with his bare hands, which is an impressive feat and I'm sure he could do better if it was a more even battle.

That description of him is pretty impressive. Not entirely sure how to counter it but.. when it talks about sword fighting being natural to him? (I think it said something like that) Well that's a trait shared by Perseus and Achilles. The thing about "and felt his whole arm go numb beneath the terrific impact." My counter for that is Leonidas was taking several hits from that superhuman giant, so he wouldn't be affected as badly by Conans strikes because he isn't as strong. Theseus would probably feel the effect the worst here. Perseus has good durability and he could take it. Achilles isn't getting his easily, and if he is it's on the sword and only glancing shots on the shield. No doubt Conan is causing serious problems here.

when Leonidas fought the giant, he almost lost (as I recall)

when Theseus fought the giant, he was at a match

Conan crushed the Giants he encountered

I think Thorkell is your weakest link as I said before. All my guys save for Theseus have shown feats against larger opponents and he is too lightly armored. As for Gregor. He is going to have good training as a knight and his armor will be a difficulty. Couple of things. He is going to feel when his armor is struck, though it won't kill or injure him right away. Theseus has definitely got his number in terms of killing capability because as I showed he can land in critical places with his spear, with all his strength and with accuracy. I noticed his hands/fingers are exposed which could be an issue. Also a notable factor is that he will be moving the slowest out of everyone wearing all that steel armor, which makes him a big target and an easy one to counter. Having said that, he won't go down easy as he is a trained knight, but I feel he goes down.

You might have a few reasons why Thorkell and Gregor don't go down for the reasons I mentioned so please key them in. Also I think Conan and GAK are your MVPs here, but I'm thinking my team is balanced enough to come up with the win.

and Gregor is over 7'6, and muscled to match, giving him the nickname "the mountain", and under his armor he wears chainmail and boiled leather,

against Oberyn Martell, a man who trained specifically against The Mountain, he was stabbed with a poison spear many time and still managed to crush the Oberyn's head in his palm

feats for Thorkell now

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

to specify for that last one, he threw a spear across a hill with enough strength and accuracy that it cut a guy's head off and impaled the three guys behind him

above that he can be seen chopping threw at least 15 Guy like they were nothing, punching out a horse, and lifting a boulder larger than his own body

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

@i_like_swords: Ah hold on then if i lose Wesker here i want to use Gilad the eternal Warrior instead. ;P Screw regen that team alone with task, panther and Gilad :) (WOW WOW don't freak, he can still die from conventional means but you best to bring it on.) Ninjak's feats http://www.comicvine.com/ninjak/4005-4375/ (or badass tony stark ninja extraordinaire) Your funeral my friend

Here okay here is my team edited:

Keeping Tasky, Gilad, ninjak and Panther.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Xena (Xena) - Swords, Chakram, Whip, Leather Armor, and Dagger.

Robin Hood (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves) Sword, Bow and Arrows, Chain Mail, and Dagger.

Beuwolf (Beuwolf) - Sword, Leather Armor, Furs, and Dagger.

Aragorn (Lord of the Ring Movies) - Sword, Bow and Arrows, Chain Mail, and Dagger.

Pawnage.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is impossible. All of these people being listed stand no chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

I think the Golden Arm Kid would be able to break their spears, and then their swords, and then outbox them

Spears yes, but only the one he is fighting. Swords.. no. Even if he could break steel in half (can he?) these guys aren't wasting anything. They don't overshoot their swings and won't give him the time to grab and break their swords. Definitely can outbox them, though. Side note, he isn't going to kill Perseus in said boxing match. The others, yeah, but Perseus has durability feats against blunt force, from when he fought Ares.

when Leonidas fought the giant, he almost lost (as I recall)

when Theseus fought the giant, he was at a match

Conan crushed the Giants he encountered

I was showcasing that he was able to take several hits from the giant on his shield and his arm was fine, meaning that he would be able to take hits from him.
I said Theseus would take it the worst if he was hit on the shield full force from Conan. Perseus could take it because of his great durability. Achilles is too hard to hit.
No doubt Conan is ferocious, but I do have to note that although it takes someone highly skilled and powerful to fight these kinds of large beasts, it takes someone who has shown exceptional skill to defeat the likes of Perseus, Achilles and Theseus. I wouldn't say Leo is the best in the defense department in terms of dodging, but his shield is a large protector and a powerful weapon against Conan, and it'll aid him in taking hits.

and Gregor is over 7'6, and muscled to match, giving him the nickname "the mountain", and under his armor he wears chainmail and boiled leather,

against Oberyn Martell, a man who trained specifically against The Mountain, he was stabbed with a poison spear many time and still managed to crush the Oberyn's head in his palm

Being 7'6 furthers my argument that he'll be a very slow opponent. Too slow for Theseus, Achilles and Perseus. It's likely he could take Leonidas, but Leonidas could knock him off his feet with his shield if he catches him off balance. Aside from that, if Leonidas or any of them get underneath him with a spear, it will be long enough to put through his head from the chin up. I think the spear is the perfect weapon for the kind of opponent and just to clarify, his head/neck is exposed right? I'm sure just as the neck he would be exposed with a helmet on, but without one that leaves his whole head.

I'm assuming Gregor is your second above-peak human? He has durability to match Perseus and seemingly has superhuman strength, so we'll keep the strength at peak human and say Thorkell is only peak, for the purpose of the debate.

Thorkell is definitely impressive.. I'd say you've matched my feats in terms of being able to take on multiple opponents. His intimidation factor won't play in here, but he's definitely a force to be reckoned with. Still though, the guys there were all lighter armored than the guys Achilles and Theseus fought, and as far as I can see were only only armed with Spears, whereas the soldiers my guys faced had swords and shields, which can be more challenging. Also, he didn't show his ability to dodge effectively. It seems like he was just wading through guys like he was mowing the lawn, not actually being faced with projectiles or having to block and parry opponents.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: What do you mean? I've had at least one post which will be hard to beat.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Xena (Xena) - Swords, Chakram, Whip, Leather Armor, and Dagger.

Robin Hood (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves) Sword, Bow and Arrows, Chain Mail, and Dagger.

Beuwolf (Beuwolf) - Sword, Leather Armor, Furs, and Dagger.

Aragorn (Lord of the Ring Movies) - Sword, Bow and Arrows, Chain Mail, and Dagger.

Pawnage.

I'm both happy and sad that you used Aragorn. I'll watch some of these films and come to my verdict.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Black Panther, Taskmaster, Deathstroke and Batman.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Oh I thought you were using the full spartan army lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: nah haha, we'll save that for another thread ;)