An incredibly wealthy individual (who will remain unnamed) wants these 3 characters defeated and humiliated. This employer foolishly challenges the trio to direct combat in the heart of Times Square. Despite it making no sense whatsoever and defying all kinds of logic, the three characters agree to the terms. The Mayor of New York seals off Times Square for the event. This rich man made a mistake, though. He's not sure who to hire to beat these characters. That's where you come in, Viner. He's offering you 1 million dollars to pick 3 mercenaries/assassins/characters for hire who will get the job done. Based on the following rules, can you create a trio that would logically take a majority over this group?
- Physicals (speed, strength, natural durability to blunt force, agility) must be below Spider-Man's.
- Characters can be from any comic universe but MUST be considered mercenaries/assassins/etc. They must be first and foremost considered comic book characters. You CANNOT have more than one version of the same character on a team.
- Only one character on your team may have an accelerated healing factor.
- All combatants are in character.
- No one has prep time.
- Everyone has standard gear.
- If a character can solo for a clear majority or make the situation obviously one-sided (phasing or mental powers, for example), they aren't allowed.
- Remember, you're not dictating how this team wins or coming up with a plan for them. You're not calling a play by play here. You have to debate how you think the characters would HONESTLY act if thrown into this situation. Obviously, teamwork won't be likely if you pick characters who have never met or dislike one another.
Times Square. Mid-day. Entire section is cleared off and all intersections are blocked off / filled with onlookers and camera crews. Begin 50 feet apart.
Can you pick a team which will successfully overcome? Or will your team lose and you'll never get your hands on that 1 million dollars? Viners, this thread doesn't end when you make a case for your team. Look at the other teams presented and share your thoughts on how they would fare. Additionally, if you think someone is clearly breaking the rules or attempting to use a lame loophole, you're free to politely call them out on it.
- You get an extra 50 thousand if you don't use anyone with a healing factor.
- You get an extra 75 thousand if you don't use Deathstroke.
- You get an extra 100 thousand if none of your characters are logically eliminated for a majority.