#1 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

Due to a series of unfortunate events Spider-man has become corrupted and has used his new found evilness to improve himself using the best traits of the alternate versions of himself.

"Ultimate" Spider-man:

Powers and Abilities:

This version of Spider-man has no morals and is perfectly willing to kill off the bat. He has also taken the traits and tech he deems desirable from the alternate versions of himself these included the following:

616 Spider-man powers and tech:

• The "Other" powerset
  • Classic Kaine's base stats
  • SpOck's intelligence (Ie: both Peter and Doc Ock)
  • Way Of The Spider training (which he uses frequently)
  • Pre-Dying Wish Spider-man's tech-set (magnetic webbing, acid webbing, cryo pellets etc...)
  • Ben Reilly's Impact webbing and sedative stingers

1610 (Ultimate-verse) Spider-man's powers and tech:

• The 1610 black suit
  • Miles Morales invisibility and venom-sting

2099 Spider-man's powers and tech:

• O'Hara's claws, fangs and enhanced senses
  • O'Hara's knowledge and intelligence

Other Random Alternate version powers and tech:

• 8351 Spider-man's perfect spider-sense and training (What If: Spider-man Vs Wolverine)
  • Edge Of Time Peter Parker's Hyper-sense
  • Edge Of Time O'Hara's Decoys
  • Spider-man Unlimited's Sonic Equipment
  • Earth 11638 Spider's resources and tech
  • Amazing Spider-man's Web Rush

Conditions:

• You must make up a team consisting of the least amount of characters possible capable of beating this "Ultimate" Spider-man. Your team must be considered street level or upper street level. Your team's Morals are On. There is no limit to how many you can have but your goal is to select the smallest team possible.
  • Your Team can consist of characters from Marvel or DC as long as they fit the criteria
  • No Telepathy, TK, intangibility(except if said intangibility is limited) or magic
  • No BFR

Round 1:

• No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Gear

Round 2:

• 4 Days Prep

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Juiceboks (9767 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Moon Knight

Ultimate Ronin

Venom(Flash)

#4 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux @cadencev2 i'd be interested to see your teams for this!

Easy day.

Lucius the Eternal.

Ragnar Blackmane

Kharn the Betrayer

End Thread.

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

The day any of them are considered street level or upper street level I will eat my own hand lol!

#6 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Eversor Assassin

Exarch Warp Spider

Necron Warrior

#7 Posted by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

The day any of them are considered street level or upper street level I will eat my own hand lol!

Exactly my thought. Also is Midnighter allowed- He's not in my team as of now, but just wanted to know......

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I shall allow him but no Doors.

#9 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla.

#10 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Leach, Punisher, Deadpool, Ultimate Captain America, Wolverine, Batman, Rouge (Pre Fighting Ms. Marvel)

#11 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Interesting team. Nice choice with Leech. However I think you might need a few more heavy hitters. Leech's power only works within 10 yards and Spider-man having perfect pre-cog is going to know exactly what will happen if he gets too close. Punisher, Deadpool and Batman are all non-factors (barring the prep round).

I think you're onto a good team (nice job with Leech not many people would have thought of using him) but you need a few more characters capable of taking some punishment and dealing it out long enough to force Spider-man near enough to Leech.

#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@laflux @cadencev2 i'd be interested to see your teams for this!

Looking at the stipulations

Bullets are going to be useless (Classic Kaine was already tanking them without much issue, and the 1610 Black Suit makes you bulletproof). Same goes for explosions.

Enhanced senses would be useful (Decoys)

Characters need to be fast and skilled (due to Peter's speed, skill coming from What-If training, and Way of the Spider Training and to counter the Spider-Sense)

Also Considering Kaine was probably hovering at around 30-50 tonnes going by feats (He's Stronger than an Other enhanced Peter IMO, and the 1610 Venom suit is supposed to significantly increase your stats), we could be looking at a 60-100 tonner, so I don't really think there is a street which can grapple it out with him and hope to win out

So with all of this

No Prep and Standard Gear

Wolverine (Would definitely lose to this version of Spider-Man), but the decoys would prove useless due to Logan's senses (he'll be the method of sniffing them out). Logan also has a strong resistance to sonics as well, since he has resisted Hulk's Thunderclaps on multiple ocassions). Logan would also be somewhat familiar with Peter's fighting style, since he partially trained what-if Spider-Man. He's also still more skilled than this version of Spider-Man to boot. His Healing and Durability would help him survive blunt trauma attacks from Peter for a long time, as well as poison from the O Hara bite, venom sting, and the stingers (as long as they hit non vital areas). His offensive is definitely enough to harm Peter, but his real weakness is as always incap... (though he has been shown to slice through webbing projected at him). All Rounder

Gorgon (With Grasscutter/M Blade). Gorgon regularly fights Blind, so invisibility won't be a problem. And Telepathy would deal with the Decoy's. Healing factor will mean that he'll be nearly as resilient as Logan is to penetrative attacks and poison/stings, and he is even fast than Wolverine, which means he will be tanking less damage. Grasscutter also nullifies healing factors IIRC (The M-Blade definitely does this), and Peter's Healing factor thanks to the combination of the Other enhancements, and the Venom Suit, would be heightened to such a degree, that it would become a valid tactic. He's also more skilled than this version of Spider-Man. Peter wears lens, so Stone Gaze would be less useful- then Again Gorgon ever only used it as a finishing move. Again Incap is a problem, though he can problem slice through some strands given his telepathy and speed. All Rounder

Current Black Panther. Physical stats around the level of Wolverine (Speed, Agility, Reflexes, strength) thanks to recent upgrade. Vibranuim gear means attacks from penetrative forces- Bites, Stingers, sting of Kaine, are not going to be as much as problem. It will also protect BP against blunt trauma attacks. BP has invisibility of his own to counter Peter Parker's, has teleportation (My teams counter against the mass webbing arguement, to rescue the others from a sticky situation. The energy daggers and anti-metal claws, are also a sure fire way to harm Peter Parker. Recon

Black Tarantula- Should be able to be beaten by this version of Peter on pure strength, but the overwhelmingly physical superiority he showed over Peter, means he shouldn't be overwhelmingly weaker, and his healing and durability should render most of the venom based attacks less useful. He's also ripped through Spider-Man webbing (including the impact variants), so he shouldn't be Incapped (or at least easily). Tank

Prep Round

Tao and Fantomex win comfortably trolololol.

If we want to make it harder, Cho, Black Panther and Current Deathstroke with Nth Metal Gear (his origin and storyline hasn't changed because Liefeld basically copied it frame for frame), would stand at least a reasonable chance with the prep time given.

#15 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite.

#16 Posted by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I shall allow him but no Doors.

In that case you can switch up with Black tarantula. He isn't strong enough to rip through the webbing, but should be able to have power through it with enough smallish explosives (I'm guessing pocket nukes are a no go), and should be fast to evade most of it. He will be doing just as much damage, if not more so, due to strength combined with his ability to hit tactically, and his healing factor should afford him a comparable amount of protection to all the venom based attacks Peter is going to throw at him. The Battle Computer is a nice bonus as well.

#17 Posted by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

Parasite.

Is not street level.

#18 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@perezite said:

Parasite.

Is not street level.

You mean like Rogue isn't?

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I like your reasoning. My one fear is with the combo of the spider-sense and web rush it would be nigh-impossible for anyone but Gorgon to land a hit. I will also allow Gorgons TP. What I meant by no TP was no mind-rape. Ie: an easy win.

#20 Edited by Juiceboks (9767 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 So does your lack of feedback mean my team doesnt make the cut?

#21 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Sorry I meant to address your team and got caught up.

I'd be interested to know your argument as honestly I don't see your team coming close to a win but go ahead and sway me!

#22 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@cadencev2:

LOL

Okay better team.

T-1000

T-1002

T-Infinity

I win again! Yay!

#24 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: Since when is Noh Varr street-level O.O

Psh, I consider his early appearance without gear upper street level.

#25 Edited by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so this Spider-man can see the furture perfectly, has a healing factor to rival Wolverines, strength in the 30-50ton range, reaction speed stupidly fast that it causes people to freeze in place, the intelligence of 3 genius's, enough resources to create tech advanced enough to break through universes and a metric crapton of standard gear!?

In a random encounter:

Midnighter, Zealot, Gorgon, Wolverine, Iron Fist and Daken

Even then i'm not 100% sure they could win. Bullets froze mid-air when you use web rush. Thats some ludicrously fast reaction speed couple that with that spider-sense and its going to be impossible to land a hit on him.

In a prep battle:

Batman, Deathstroke, Black Panther, Cho

Even then it would be an uphill battle due to the powerful tech Spider-man has access too here.

#26 Posted by Juiceboks (9767 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 No problem. Actually upon looking at the random versions tech I agree my team wouldnt be able to handle him. So I'll make it Eddie Venom and add Deathstroke and Mister X.

#28 Edited by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I like your reasoning. My one fear is with the combo of the spider-sense and web rush it would be nigh-impossible for anyone but Gorgon to land a hit. I will also allow Gorgons TP. What I meant by no TP was no mind-rape. Ie: an easy win.

Yeah, The web rush was pretty hacked. In that case, BT gets switched out for Middy, since he's allowed (and I gave reasons why he would be useful, though really anyone could). The combination of Middy's computer and Gorgon's Telepathy should enable the team to at least begin to keep track of Spider-Man.

Well at least you didn't give Spider-Man the ability swing on thin air, like he can in pretty much every game!!! That would be really OP!!!!

Oh and I might as well come out and say you should ban Anti-Venom for obvious reasons >:DD

#29 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4663 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Fantomex, Midnighter, Black Panther, Psylocke

#30 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Well at least you didn't give Spider-Man the ability swing on thin air, like he can in pretty much every game!!! That would be really OP!!!!

Hey i'm not that heartless!

@juiceboks said:

@strider92 No problem. Actually upon looking at the random versions tech I agree my team wouldnt be able to handle him. So I'll make it Eddie Venom and add Deathstroke and Mister X.

Whats your argument for why this team wins?

@sovereign91001 said:

@strider92: Fantomex, Midnighter, Black Panther, Psylocke

Whats your argument for why your team wins?

Even then i'm not 100% sure they could win. Bullets froze mid-air when you use web rush.

IIRC it didn't freeze just slowed.

#31 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

ok heres my non 40k team ;)

Puck

Jet (Wildstorm)

Midnighter

Ult Hawkeye

Dark Beast & Deadshot.

#32 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaosmarvel said:

Even then i'm not 100% sure they could win. Bullets froze mid-air when you use web rush.

IIRC it didn't freeze just slowed.

Nope dude it outright froze it. Check 1:27

#33 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: the fact you used Jet makes me want to let you win for awesomeness lol!

#34 Posted by Juiceboks (9767 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 Unless I'm forgetting something, Eddie Venom should be able to cancel out his Spider Sense. Ultimate Moon Knight handled Ultimate Parker pretty handily and his armor should make h2h fighting rather difficult for him. Deathstroke's armor should also help in a h2h situation in conjunction with Peter's pre cog cancelled by Venom(again unless I'm forgetting something about one of Peter's alt versions). Mister X in conjunction with the others should be able to read his movements and fight accordingly. He's also got the speed and skill to atleast give him a good fight.

#35 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4663 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: The battle computer plus the tp link should give my team a way to keep track and match Spidey's enhanced Spider-Sense, in addition Psylocke's Tp Shields can give us extra protection. B.P and Midnighter can use there excellent damage soak and high level skills to keep Peter occupied, E.V.A can contribute by staying out of reach and using her laser cannon to limit Peter's offense as well as interface with any tech he brings to bear.Fantomex can then set up a coup with sentient bullets or a misdirection.

#36 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: the fact you used Jet makes me want to let you win for awesomeness lol!

Thanks ;) yep she is one Bad Lass, but imo this is still one hell of a task.Especialy the 1st encounter that too be honest this team will find the going very hard.

But im near enough 99% sure the second scenario will be a victory for my team.