Beat Thanos (read OP)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

Thanos has the infinity Gauntlet and a ring from every Lantern Corps, I know indigo doesn't have rings but for the sake of this fight they do.  
 What character or team can defeat him teams can have no more than 15 members but 2 of them can be  skyfather level or higher but Living Tribunal level or higher is banned
Those going solo have to be beneath Toaa level other than that no restrictions 

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By weaponxx

With the Infinity Gauntlet... there are no need for rings....
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lvl100gastly

how will they be able to beat him with the IG and be below herald level. He beat galactus and eternity with the IG

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe
@Shadowglenn: If they can find a way to get the gauntlet off they could make the fight easier so you could have 5 Heralds wrestle it off him possibly
DarthRahl90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthRahl90
@joshmightbe:   With only 5 members?  Unlikely. 
Avatar image for allthingsodinson
AllThingsOdinSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AllThingsOdinSon

Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Destroyer act as physical Distractions..... Jean Grey (Phoniex level) and Prime Magneto Focus on removing gauntlets...  once those are gone...Thor, BRB, Destroyer just have to last until the rings burn out... IF and I say if...big IF....they get the gauntlets of ...lasting through every ring would be quite the challenge but maybe Thor Warrior Rages.... and Maybe ....hahahahaha this is the biggest maybe Jean Grey gets into the Destroyer suit....hahahaha i know i know...never happened but it would be sweet!!!

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThanoStomp

I was thinking maybe Zoom could take it off him w/out him even knowing it until its too late.  But Big Purple has the time gem so he would be able to counter it and even see it coming with cosmic awareness.  

I don't see it happening.     

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Doom with an hour prep, some skittles and a choc milkshake could do it. 

Wally West or Zoom could beat him before he knew there was a fight.

Stark and Richards together with the world at stake could def. cook something up.

Superman Prime could probably deal with him easily (other characters like ZH Parallax or HOG Ion could to but they don't count Idt)

AllThingsOdinSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllThingsOdinSon

Supes could not.... thanos alone could beat normal supes, and Thanos Gauntlets and lantern rings is way more powerful than superman prime...

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Freefa11
@joshmightbe: You do realize the Gauntlet alone makes Thanos more powerful than the entire Green Lantern Corps, right? 

You're parameters make this impossible. During the IG saga, Thanos was already assaulted by a prepped group of super-heroes, something like 16, including Thor, Firelord, Quasar, Drax, and Hulk, as well as Iron Man and Dr. Doom for brains, and they failed spectacularly. This was when Thanos limited his own abilities to put on a good show for Mistress Death. 

At full capacity, he took on, and defeated, 12 Cosmic Abstracts, including Mistress Death, Galactus, and two Celestials, one of the being The One Above All. 

Thanos with IG already stomped forces far more powerful than the rules of your thread allow. There's no way you're getting a single skyfather or 5 heralds to take him out. A single skyfather or 5 heralds wouldn't even be able to take out Galactus, and Galactus didn't even try taking on Thanos by himself, because he knew he would lose horribly.

Zoom isn't doing squat to Thanos. The power of the Time Gem means Thanos can do anything Zoom can do better, plus plenty more besides.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Assman
@weaponx said:

"With the Infinity Gauntlet... there are no need for rings.... "

Um, yeah, pretty much this.  Why the rings?? Like giving someone a nuclear missile, and then saying they get a revolver on top of that. The rings are totally irrelivent and no need to be used.  We already know what Thanos is capable of with the IG.

p.s. your op makes no sense.  You've given Thanos the IG, but said no skyfathers or heralds??? WTF??? You obviously don't reaize he beat every abstract, Eternity included, so who else is left that you think that's gonna be able to defeat him??

Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omarpool

Squirrel Girl would beat him off panel. Or the very sight of her would cause him to surrender.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
@joshmightbe said:

" Thanos has the infinity Gauntlet and a ring from every Lantern Corps, I know indigo doesn't have rings but for the sake of this fight they do.   What character or team can defeat him teams can have no more than 5 members and none of them can be above Herald level(for those who don't know that means the can't be more powerful than a herald of Galactus) Those going solo can't be higher than Skyfather level "

No Caption Provided

you mentioned herald and skyfather level, while thanos with IG allready beat most abstract entities including Eternity and Galactus.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe
@Assman: I didn't say no Heralds I said no one on the teams can be above a Herald 
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
@joshmightbe:
which universe is  this fight in?
AllThingsOdinSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AllThingsOdinSon

hahaha guys, the goal is to first find someone who can remove the gauntlets not take him on with the gauntlets.....

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By goldenshot80
@joshmightbe said:
" @Assman: I didn't say no Heralds I said no one on the teams can be above a Herald  "
That what make this thread more of a fail
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe
@goldenshot80: I will admit I should have thought this battle thru a little more before posting it so I'll edit the rules
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

Ok I edited the OP, hopefully this can be a decent fight now 

Saint_of_Guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saint_of_Guns

Doctor doom, tony stark, hank pym, the god damn batman, richards, and every other prep god, all with about 10 years of prep, could maybe pull off a win or two. other than that you'd need some one that could get the gauntlet off.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Assman
@joshmightbe said:
"Ok I edited the OP, hopefully this can be a decent fight now  "

Not really.  It's already been done in the pages of the original IG saga.  In the end, it was Thanos himself who let himself lose, otherwise, basically, everyone loses.  And LT stated that it wouldn't be a good thing if he had to forcibly challenge it/take it, when Adam had it,  so it kinda gives you an idea of the powerlevel your dealing with.  As far as prep goes, Again, Thanos has the IG, time gem being one of them, like Ahkenaten in Marvel: The End, Thanos can be aware of everything that's going on and being planned.  Bottom line, he loses in the end only if he wants to, end of story.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freefa11
@joshmightbe: Again, Thanos took out 12 lesser Abstract beings, then took down Eternity himself. He can slaughter whole pantheons of gods with the IG. 15 skyfathers won't be able to touch him. 3 or 4 of them together couldn't even scratch Arishem, and Thanos took out 2 Celestials with 1 blast. 

The only canon character below TOAA that could defeat the IG is the Living Tribunal, and there's no way to know how difficult it would be for him. All we know is that both he and Adam Warlock were hesitant to find out, because they knew that, at a minimum, the whole universe would be destroyed in the conflict. 

A few non-canon characters who could pull it off would include Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, Protege, and Scathan.
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThanoStomp
@Assman said:
Not really.  It's already been done in the pages of the original IG saga.  In the end, it was Thanos himself who let himself lose, otherwise, basically, everyone loses.  And LT stated that it wouldn't be a good thing if he had to forcibly challenge it/take it, when Adam had it,  so it kinda gives you an idea of the powerlevel your dealing with.  As far as prep goes, Again, Thanos has the IG, time gem being one of them, like Ahkenaten in Marvel: The End, Thanos can be aware of everything that's going on and being planned.  Bottom line, he loses in the end only if he wants to, end of story. "

My man know his Infinity Gaunlet.  No prep time is going defeat his universal cosmic awareness.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

Ok I kinda screwed up here