Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh wow I wonder

Hope Summers

Multiple Man

Mister Immortal (if you don't like him then Rogue)

Magneto (he's alive right?)

RunawayAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@darkraiden: Hope Summers would be rendered comatose within seconds by either telepath. Multiple man vs Iceman in an army battle plus Iceman's omega level powers. Mister Immortal would be phased into the ground and Magneto is weak in current continuity so he would downed so easily.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden: Hope Summers would be rendered comatose within seconds by either telepath. Multiple man vs Iceman in an army battle plus Iceman's omega level powers. Mister Immortal would be phased into the ground and Magneto is weak in current continuity so he would downed so easily.

Except....no. Maybe Magneto (I have no idea what he's doing) but Hope has telepathic shields from the phoenix force supposedly and her very presence copies their powers so....if they have defenses, now she does. She also has Iceman's powers, is Immortal thanks to Mister Immortal and can now make clones cause Multiple Man. Not to sure on Magneto, may replace him with Storm or Rogue or something, but Hope wins due to being a mutant mimic of sorts.

Multiple Man's also very hard to put down even with ice man's powers. Mister Immortal is inconsequential just here to give Hope's clones immortality on a serious level.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden: Phoenix is gone, she also has so little skill in regards to telepathy. If she was rendered comatose I don't think she can use anyone's powers. My telepaths can take down everyone with the exception of Magneto because of his helmet. Multiple man is just so easy to defeat in this battle. Mr Immortal has little other than his power, so I doubt that he can do much here.

She doesn't need skill...she gets your telepaths skills by being near them. Thus they can't make her comatose since her telepathy is as strong as theirs.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden:

Yes but telepaths need a degree of control and finesse in a battle especially against two omega level telepaths. Her power means nothing when fighting two very experienced telepaths. She doesn't duplicate their experience and control just their power.

"Her telekinesis and reaction timing are so great that she was capable of stopping a bullet in mid air that was fired by Bishop. Her telepathy was strong enough for her to be able to sense Bishop's presence."

http://www.comicvine.com/hope-summers/4005-49329/

"

Empathic Power Mimicry: The limits of this power have yet to be reached or determined.[33] She does not need to physically touch her subjects (as with Rogue), nor does it appear as though her using an individual's powers subtracts at all from their own power level. It appears that Hope needs to be in close proximity to subjects to exhibit their powers,[28] and that powers fade with distance from subject. She can only copy mutant powers.The powers Hope has demonstrated so far include:

• Power and Aura Absorption: from Rogue. She touched Rogue and survived without any damage and erased all of the previous memories and abilities Rogue had absorbed, including those of the Hecatomb. She also cured Rogue of the Strain 88 virus.[34]
  • Telekinesis and Telepathy: from Cable. Using telekinesis, she was able to stop a bullet in midair, and she was able to sense Bishop's presence using telepathy.[2] When she was finally reunited with her father, she again mimicked his telekinesis and upon contact with him may have briefly gain precognition.[35]:"

http://marvel.wikia.com/Hope_Summers_%28Earth-616%29

So she's had telepathy before. She has experience. She won't be getting taken down by those 2. Maybe if it was Emma you could make a case, but I have to disagree with those two.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My Team:

Rachel Summers

Psylocke

Shadowcat

Iceman

Your team can only use a team of four mutants.

Legion is not allowed

They must be alive in current 616 continuity, you also cannot use Daken and Banshee because of Death Seed.

No prep.

Battle takes place in the Jean Grey school Grounds.

Fantomex

Scarlet Witch

Eden Fesi

Quake

Fantomex gives the misdirection trick. Scarlet Witch as the widlcard. Eden Fesi BFRs your team. Quake cant be tracked by TP thus creates an earthquake in all your brains. Hows that?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@runawayavenger said:

Except....no. Maybe Magneto (I have no idea what he's doing) but Hope has telepathic shields from the phoenix force supposedly and her very presence copies their powers so....if they have defenses, now she does. She also has Iceman's powers, is Immortal thanks to Mister Immortal and can now make clones cause Multiple Man. Not to sure on Magneto, may replace him with Storm or Rogue or something, but Hope wins due to being a mutant mimic of sorts.

Multiple Man's also very hard to put down even with ice man's powers. Mister Immortal is inconsequential just here to give Hope's clones immortality on a serious level.

nice.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards

Jean Grey

Emma frost

Darwin

The rest are really just there to cheerlead for Franky. And yes he's a mutant.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chiq

Kid Omega, North Star, Magik and Loa

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I doubt that the experience she has had is enough to defeat two omega level Telepaths who have been telepaths since puberty. They have had so much more experience than her, the telepathy she had was on and off, I get that she was with Cable during her childhood, but she wouldn't have used it as much as these two, one thing is that they are older than her, and considerably more powerful in regards to telepathy.

Look at the name you used. Cable. Cable, the guy who needed Silver Surfer to come down to earth just to beat him at his peak. Yeah I think she has the experience and skill to at least block their assault. Also like to mention that she's an expert at combat just from watching Cable. She picks up things fast, no reason why she wouldn't pick up skill with TP just as fast.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Fantomex

Domino

Emma Frost

Jean Grey

im feeling lucky (get it)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Combat is completely different to Telepathic combat. Psylocke and Rachel know how to get deep inside someone's mind alone they could beat her, together they would stomp. Telepathy can take so long to master, Hope doesn't telepathy as much as Rachel and Betsy, Cable may be powerful but like I said power can mean nothing against someone's experience. Their combined knowledge would allow them to shut down Hope's powers let alone her mind.

You know Martial arts takes over 40 years to master and Hope had it down before she was like 15? Yeah the time doesn't matter, she's likely mastered telepathic combat as well, from Cable. Psylocke's not even a factor btw, but even Rachel won't be taking down Hope. And yes, power>>>>>>experience all the time. Sometimes someone's mind is simply too powerful.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chiq

@runawayavenger: Kid Omega just has to run interference for a bit while Northstar can speed blitz before the telepaths react. Magik has psy shields and she can bfr and divide and conqure or send demons and can use hell fire and soul attacks vs Bobby, she can affect intangible beings like Kitty and has numerous ways to take out both Rachel and Betsy. Ilyana would be able to port Loa right on top of opponents as well.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Why isn't Psylocke a factor? Actually Hope is pretty weak at fighting to be honest, nothing compared to Betsy or Kitty.

Psylocke's not strong enough from what I know of her. Only Rachel really matters. And it explicitly says Hope has mastered combat.

"Hope has learned to fight from Cable by observing him. Hope was further tutored in survival techniques, various hand-held firearms and blades, stealth, CPR, combat first-aid, warfare strategy, and some gymnastics."

Just saying.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: "Writer Rick Remender has confirmed that Psylocke is now an Omega Level telepath, on par with Jean Grey and Professor Xavier."

That....that's new. And fighting skills IIRC 6 means she mastered many fighting styles while 4 means Hope mastered 1. So they're still comparable.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunfire

Magneto

Magic

Scarlet Witch

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

X-Man (Shaman)

Is all I really need. But in compliance with the rules.

Magneto
Exodus
Franklin Richards.

We stomp all over your team.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno... Assuming we are limited to human mutants,

Karma (Xian Coy Manh)

Aurora (Jean Marie Beaubier)

Asylum (Henrique Gallante)

Genocide (William Rolfson)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Pre Avx versions of these characters:

- Emma Frost;

- Storm;

- Magik.

Beaten

- Exodus.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: William is dead, Karma would be a problem yet I don't see Aurora or Asylum being a big threat and would most likely be stopped by a telepath.

Huh. He wasn't listed as being dead in the article. Oh well. The others, well, I just kinda picked 'em cause they're nuts (and I knew nobody else would likely be using them). Telepaths tend to have problems dealing with insane minds. Plus, ya know, Aurora's whole light and speed thing and Asylum capable of BFRing everybody into the Dark Dimension. But thanks for the heads up.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DWrathborne

@dwrathborne: He was killed in Uncanny Avengers.

I can see where you are coming from with the whole speed blitzing from Aurora but how could she touch Shadowcat or stop an army of recreating icemen? Also if asylum were to teleport them into the Dark Dimension the Psylocke and Rachel could go into their astral forms and take the others out of my team and place them in a psychic barrier from the fears occurring from the Darkforce. As such utilising Rachel's chronoskimming they could send Kitty back in time to a couple of minutes before they were sent, and phase him into the ground. Therefore they could continue the battle with the other three.

Well, I see it as Karma controlling Iceman, Genocide providing a distraction for Aurora to take down Psylocke or Rachel (maybe both?) Asylum doing his thing to Shadowcat.

I don't know. Just throwing out the flypaper and seeing what sticks. :)

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: You can't use Genocide, "They must be alive in current 616 continuity".

Then swap him out with Jamie Braddock. Last I heard, he's still kicking.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@runawayavenger: ok got to be more specific on rules

my mutants

Deadpool

Jean Grey

Franklin Richards

Gambit

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kidman560

@kidman560: I am specific on rules, they have to be alive in 616 continuity. Also Deadpool isn't a mutant.

really deadpool is who you are concerned with not Franklin Richards who could wipe your team out of existence. ok fine Replace Deadpool for X-23 Trigger Scent and boom your team dies

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
  • Emma Frost
  • Kiden Nixon (her death took place in an alternate future; there's no evidence to suggest she's death in the present)
  • Fantomex
  • Franklin Richards
DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DWrathborne