This was inspired by the "Beat my Superhero Basketball team" threads by Namtomex and Hung_Justice.
- No celestials, gods, cosmics, reality warpers, teleporters, and for the hell of it, Omega Level Mutants.
- The ball may not be manipulated by anything but physical contact through the body. No "weapons" such as Spider-Man's webs.
- No flyers.
- No speedsters. Characters with enhanced speed, such as Spidey and Capt are allowed.
- You can use the same players that I've used, but they must be at a different position.
- The Juggernaut and Colossus as Juggernaut cannot be your QB or RB. There is no FB position.
- No power stealing, siphoning, negating, etc. of any kind.
- You cannot make it so that a player may not move (i.e. Even though Flash is not allowed, something similar to Speed Steal can't be used.)
- No luck manipulation.
- No mind reading (use Midnighter all you want, but he's limited to his physical abilities. He can't use his "telepathy").
- No incapacitation.
- The game will be 7v7, with O and D switching in and out.
And without further ado, here's my team:
QB: Ultimate Hawkeye; He can't miss. It's that simple. A QB who can't miss is invaluable. He can release the ball faster than you can fire a gun. AND he's in peak human condition.
RB: Ultimate Captain America; Don't let the title Captain America fool you. Ultimate Capt is anything but peak human. His physical prowess is roughly 3 times greater than his 616 variant. His enhanced reaction speed of 40 kph is great for when he needs to find holes or cutback lanes. This is further improved upon by his enhanced eyesight. And don't forget that his mind processes information at a whole other level. Oh, and he's as agile as Spider-Man.
WR: Spider-Man; His superhuman physical abilities aside, which btw, far surpass those of Ultimate Capt, he can also manipulate the valence shell of molecules, making them stick to him (i.e. wall crawling). So how about a deep threat that will never drop the most accurate passes?
WR: Doctor Octopus; 6 arms to catch the football with. He might not be able to physically match the other players on this team, but his 720 ways of catching the ball with his arms and tentacles make him a great possession receiver.
OL/TE: Luke Cage; He can lift 25 tons. It's that simple. Not to mention his great stamina and durability. He's also "small," making him an ideal possible 4th receiver on passing plays.
OL: Thing; Stamina on par with Luke Cage, even better durability, and the ability to lift 100 tons. Not to mention his wide base, making him an ideal Center.
OL: Red Hulk; He's a god damn Hulk. Need I say more?
DL: Juggernaut; Once he starts moving, you can't stop him. Can you think of any scarier defensive linemen? He's guaranteed to create pressure on passing plays 100% of the time. Hell, his presence on the line creates pressure before the plays starts.
DL: Hulk; No unstoppable momentum like Juggernaut, but stop him a few times, piss him off, and we'll see where that gets you.
DL/LB: Colossus; Class 100 strength and stamina better than the Thing. Not to mention he's most likely faster than some other behemoth options available.
LB: Wolverine; He's the Wolverine. He'll sniff out the ball on instinct alone. I'm not even gonna get into specifics regarding his physical abilities.
LB/DB: Iron Fist; Like Luke Cage and Colossus, another player who can play two positions. Iron Fist is small and agile, all at the same time being able to increase his own strength with chi to the point of knocking out even the likes of Colossus. That and with his new found awareness, he practically has a Spidey Sense that isn't limited to danger, but to movements in general.
DB: Black Panther; Fast and agile, and athletic. Fits the bill perfectly for a DB.
DB: Mr. Fantastic; Really? Do I need to bring up the fact that he could probably shut the whole medium to deep passing game by himself?
So there you have it. You're turn :]