#1 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

This was inspired by the "Beat my Superhero Basketball team" threads by Namtomex and Hung_Justice.

Rules:

1. No celestials, gods, cosmics, reality warpers, teleporters, and for the hell of it, Omega Level Mutants.
  2. The ball may not be manipulated by anything but physical contact through the body. No "weapons" such as Spider-Man's webs.
  3. No flyers.
  4. No speedsters. Characters with enhanced speed, such as Spidey and Capt are allowed.
  5. You can use the same players that I've used, but they must be at a different position.
  6. The Juggernaut and Colossus as Juggernaut cannot be your QB or RB. There is no FB position.
  7. No power stealing, siphoning, negating, etc. of any kind.
  8. You cannot make it so that a player may not move (i.e. Even though Flash is not allowed, something similar to Speed Steal can't be used.)
  9. No luck manipulation.
  10. No mind reading (use Midnighter all you want, but he's limited to his physical abilities. He can't use his "telepathy").
  11. No incapacitation.
  12. The game will be 7v7, with O and D switching in and out.

And without further ado, here's my team:

QB: Ultimate Hawkeye; He can't miss. It's that simple. A QB who can't miss is invaluable. He can release the ball faster than you can fire a gun. AND he's in peak human condition.

RB: Ultimate Captain America; Don't let the title Captain America fool you. Ultimate Capt is anything but peak human. His physical prowess is roughly 3 times greater than his 616 variant. His enhanced reaction speed of 40 kph is great for when he needs to find holes or cutback lanes. This is further improved upon by his enhanced eyesight. And don't forget that his mind processes information at a whole other level. Oh, and he's as agile as Spider-Man.

WR: Spider-Man; His superhuman physical abilities aside, which btw, far surpass those of Ultimate Capt, he can also manipulate the valence shell of molecules, making them stick to him (i.e. wall crawling). So how about a deep threat that will never drop the most accurate passes?

WR: Doctor Octopus; 6 arms to catch the football with. He might not be able to physically match the other players on this team, but his 720 ways of catching the ball with his arms and tentacles make him a great possession receiver.

OL/TE: Luke Cage; He can lift 25 tons. It's that simple. Not to mention his great stamina and durability. He's also "small," making him an ideal possible 4th receiver on passing plays.

OL: Thing; Stamina on par with Luke Cage, even better durability, and the ability to lift 100 tons. Not to mention his wide base, making him an ideal Center.

OL: Red Hulk; He's a god damn Hulk. Need I say more?

-----------------------------------

DL: Juggernaut; Once he starts moving, you can't stop him. Can you think of any scarier defensive linemen? He's guaranteed to create pressure on passing plays 100% of the time. Hell, his presence on the line creates pressure before the plays starts.

DL: Hulk; No unstoppable momentum like Juggernaut, but stop him a few times, piss him off, and we'll see where that gets you.

DL/LB: Colossus; Class 100 strength and stamina better than the Thing. Not to mention he's most likely faster than some other behemoth options available.

LB: Wolverine; He's the Wolverine. He'll sniff out the ball on instinct alone. I'm not even gonna get into specifics regarding his physical abilities.

LB/DB: Iron Fist; Like Luke Cage and Colossus, another player who can play two positions. Iron Fist is small and agile, all at the same time being able to increase his own strength with chi to the point of knocking out even the likes of Colossus. That and with his new found awareness, he practically has a Spidey Sense that isn't limited to danger, but to movements in general.

DB: Black Panther; Fast and agile, and athletic. Fits the bill perfectly for a DB.

DB: Mr. Fantastic; Really? Do I need to bring up the fact that he could probably shut the whole medium to deep passing game by himself?

So there you have it. You're turn :]

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I take the greenbay packers and replace the RB with Juggernaut. We tie.

#3 Posted by Trinity00 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Delta Squad (Gears Of War)

Master Chief & Arbiter (Halo)

Gordon Freeman (Half Life 2)

#4 Edited by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Rule 6.. He can't be your RB.. ¬¬

No positions?..

#5 Posted by Hung_Justice (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@XEL820: Don't worry, I'll give you a real match. Give me a second to write it up.

#6 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Bullseye.

RB: Rhino

WR: Mr. Fantastic

WR: Plastic Man

OL/TE: Ares(Marvel)

OL: A-Bomb

OL: Hulk

DEFENSE:

DL: Colossus with Juggernauts powers

DL: Red Hulk

DL/LB: Abomination (He's faster than you'd think, and he's strong)

LB: Rock Slide

LB/DB: Venom(Flash)

DB: Spider-man

DB: Kaine

@XEL820: Bring it on.

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16127 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Bullseye

RB: Taskmaster (Udon)

WR: Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

WR: Fantomex

OL/TE: Black Tarantula

OL: Namor

OL: Ms Marvel

DL: Invincible

DL: Doomsday

DL/LB: Colossonaut

LB: Midnighter

LB/DB: Spider-Man (Black Op's version)

DB: Drazhar Master Of Blades

DB: IceMan

I win by getting Fantomex to make the other team chase a non-existent ball lol.

@XEL820 said:

Oh, and he's as agile as Spider-Man.

Cap is nowhere near as agile as Spider-man.

#8 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Deadshot

RB: Jay Garrick

WR: Venom

WR: Deadpool

OL/TE: Karate Kid

OL: Wonder Woman

OL: Martian Man Hunter.

DEFENSE:

DL: Omni-Man

DL: Hank Pym

DL/LB: WW Hulk

LB: Sentry (void juiced)

LB/DB: Spiderman (Uni Powered)

DB: Johnny Storm

DB: Ghost Rider.

My key player would be Martian Man hunter. You know what he will do

#9 Posted by Trinity00 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

@XEL820 said:

Rule 6.. He can't be your RB.. ¬¬

No positions?..

what?

#10 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Superman

RB: The Incredible Hulk

WR: The Flash (Barry)

WR2: Flash (Bart)

WR3: Falco Lombardi (Star Fox series)

Slot receiver: Sonic the hedgehog

OL/TE: Darkseid

OL: Galactus

OL: Juggernaut

DL: Bowser

DL: Doomsday

DL/LB: Conner Kent

LB: Parasite (Superman villain)

CB: Beast Boy

CB2: Zoom

#11 Posted by Speedzy (29 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Red Arrow (Roy)

RB: Red Hulk

WR: Shadow The Hedgehog

WR2: Barry the Flash

WR3: Fox MCcloud lol

OL/TE: Superboy prime

OL: Superman

OL: Super Mario with unlimited stars

DL: Juggernaut

DL: Wonder Woman

DL/LB: Thor

LB: Martian man hunter

DB: Flash Wally

CB2: Silver Surfur

#12 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll use Jamie Madrox. Multiples coming and going would be amusing to see.

#13 Posted by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex beats your entire team... with misdirection.

#14 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Offense

QB: Nightwing: Decently accurate and a fantastic leader

RB: Wolverine: Short enough to hide behind the line and angry enough that he won't go down on the first hit

WR1: Giant man: you will never overthrow him...ever.

WR2: invisible woman: yeah girls can play football too, how do you cover someone you can't see?

OL/TE: Kilowog: even if he can't use his ring wog is going to push himself hard enough that he won't miss a block

OL: Captain america: The man has built his life on protecting america its not a hard transition to switch to protecting a qb

OL: Phobos: good luck getting past the line when you are experiencing your greatest fears.

Defense

DL:Beast boy: He can transform into something tiny and sneak past the o-line then turn into a rhino or some such to get the sack.

DL: Ares (marvel): Half-wolverine half hulk , need i say more?

LB: Magneto: he can move the offensive line out of the way by grabbing hold of the metal on their pads

LB: Judo master: you can't hit her, she can hit you

DB: Amadeus Cho: smart enough to figure out where the ball will be and pick it off, also smart enough to go down right then.

DB: Plastic man: much like MR fantastic he can stretch to make plays but would be more fun to watch

DB: Spiderman: perfect as a ball hawking safety , he is agile enough to make plays when he shouldn't and his sticky fingers will lead to some spectacular catches.

#15 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me Aaron Rodgers, Chuck Norris, Ironman, Batman, Bruce Banner, Rambo and the 1995 49ers.

#16 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@XEL820 said:

This was inspired by the "Beat my Superhero Basketball team" threads by Namtomex and Hung_Justice.

Rules:

1. No celestials, gods, cosmics, reality warpers, teleporters, and for the hell of it, Omega Level Mutants.
  2. The ball may not be manipulated by anything but physical contact through the body. No "weapons" such as Spider-Man's webs.
  3. No flyers.
  4. No speedsters. Characters with enhanced speed, such as Spidey and Capt are allowed.
  5. You can use the same players that I've used, but they must be at a different position.
  6. The Juggernaut and Colossus as Juggernaut cannot be your QB or RB. There is no FB position.
  8. You cannot make it so that a player may not move (i.e. Even though Flash is not allowed, something similar to Speed Steal can't be used.)
  9. No luck manipulation.
  10. No mind reading (use Midnighter all you want, but he's limited to his physical abilities. He can't use his "telepathy").
  11. No incapacitation.

QB: Ultimate Hawkeye; He can't miss. It's that simple. A QB who can't miss is invaluable. He can release the ball faster than you can fire a gun. AND he's in peak human condition.

RB: Ultimate Captain America; Don't let the title Captain America fool you. Ultimate Capt is anything but peak human. His physical prowess is roughly 3 times greater than his 616 variant. His enhanced reaction speed of 40 kph is great for when he needs to find holes or cutback lanes. This is further improved upon by his enhanced eyesight. And don't forget that his mind processes information at a whole other level. Oh, and he's as agile as Spider-Man.

WR: Spider-Man; His superhuman physical abilities aside, which btw, far surpass those of Ultimate Capt, he can also manipulate the valence shell of molecules, making them stick to him (i.e. wall crawling). So how about a deep threat that will never drop the most accurate passes?

WR: Doctor Octopus; 6 arms to catch the football with. He might not be able to physically match the other players on this team, but his 720 ways of catching the ball with his arms and tentacles make him a great possession receiver.

OL/TE: Luke Cage; He can lift 25 tons. It's that simple. Not to mention his great stamina and durability. He's also "small," making him an ideal possible 4th receiver on passing plays.

OL: Thing; Stamina on par with Luke Cage, even better durability, and the ability to lift 100 tons. Not to mention his wide base, making him an ideal Center.

DL: Juggernaut; Once he starts moving, you can't stop him. Can you think of any scarier defensive linemen? He's guaranteed to create pressure on passing plays 100% of the time. Hell, his presence on the line creates pressure before the plays starts.

DL: Hulk; No unstoppable momentum like Juggernaut, but stop him a few times, piss him off, and we'll see where that gets you.

DL/LB: Colossus; Class 100 strength and stamina better than the Thing. Not to mention he's most likely faster than some other behemoth options available.

LB: Wolverine; He's the Wolverine. He'll sniff out the ball on instinct alone. I'm not even gonna get into specifics regarding his physical abilities.

LB/DB: Iron Fist; Like Luke Cage and Colossus, another player who can play two positions. Iron Fist is small and agile, all at the same time being able to increase his own strength with chi to the point of knocking out even the likes of Colossus. That and with his new found awareness, he practically has a Spidey Sense that isn't limited to danger, but to movements in general.

DB: Black Panther; Fast and agile, and athletic. Fits the bill perfectly for a DB.

DB: Mr. Fantastic; Really? Do I need to bring up the fact that he could probably shut the whole medium to deep passing game by himself?

OFFENCE

QB-Deathstroke (who has great aim and can take hits)

RB- CannonBall

WR-Hank Pym aka Giant Man

WR-Plastic Man

TE-Captain America

OL-Juggernaut

OL-Colossus

OL-WWH

DEFENSE

DL-Sandman (great for misdirection)

DL-Lobo

DL/LB-Kitty Pryde

LB-Skaar

LB/DB-Namor

DB-Spiderman

DB-Elongated Man

#17 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: a lot of those characters can fly

#18 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

People don't read rules -_-

#19 Posted by rdskns4eva (200 posts) - - Show Bio

1991 Redskins solo.

#20 Edited by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT: Nevermind

#21 Edited by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

QB: Bullseye

RB: Black Panther

WR: Spiderman

WR: Scarlet Spider

OL/TE: Mangog

OL: Juggernaut

OL: Doomsday

DL: Mangog

DL: Juggernaut (Marko)

DL/LB: Doomsday

LB: Spiderman

LB/DB: Scarlet Spider

DB: Kraven

DB: Deathstroke

BRING IT

#22 Posted by Typhion (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@XEL820 said:

Rules:

3. No flyers.
  9. No luck manipulation.
  11. No incapacitation.

This is actually really hard to beat if you stick to the rules. I'd take Victor Stone at LB or TE though. He's one of the few with a known talent and head for the game, and impressive physical feats. Mr. Fantastic is terrible at DB though...reach is one thing...knowing when to act and what to do is another. Spidey is much better there with his spider sense. I'll have professor x on the sidelines too...ripping plays outta the other QB's mind.

#23 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

X23 and jubilee solo.

( People that have read Avengers Academy would understand )