#1 Posted by Racob7 (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

No prep (like it would help)

No prior knowledge (again, like it would help)

Summary

Amonukumun, or Amonu for short, is an ancient being of unknown origins. He has also sometimes been called the False God. Many cults, some going back into very early history, worship Amonu. These cults and Amonu himself often cause disappearances and leave strange, almost alien text written on walls and ceilings. People who feel the False God’s presence often report hearing eerie monk-like chanting and otherworldly music in their heads, and an overwhelming sense of fear. The people who have actually seen him say that he appears as a glowing man in a suit. They say when he is in their field of vision everything seems to be grainy and move very slowly, like an old film. They say that as they get closer to Amonu, he begins to smile and talk in an incomprehensible language. As they get closer they become more and more terrified and the chanting gets deafening. Some have spent hours with Amonu, and most have never recovered. Some have even claimed to shake his hand, which they claim makes them sworn to serve him in spirit after they die. The only way Amonu has been able to communicate with people effectively is by speaking through people. Some have compared this to demonic possession, but say Amonu is much more powerful than any demon. Some speculate that Amonu may be a “second God” one that is trying to overthrow the dominant one and take over. Some have also considered that he may be from another dimension or realm of existence. None, however, have said he is the devil. Some people who have dealt with both have even said he is more powerful than Satan, and could one day rival God if he’s not kept under control.

#2 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2856 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Kyle Rayner (Ion)

Hal Jordan (Paralax)

Atrocitis.

#3 Edited by Racob7 (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: You sure a lantern can fight a God? This guy is like Lucifer Morningstar and even the Pressence when he's at full power. He's a GOD.

#4 Edited by Pope052 (2579 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by SheenLantern (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@bronze_surfer: You sure a lantern can fight a God? This guy is like Lucifer Morningstar and even the Pressence when he's at full power. He's a GOD.

He's equal to the Presence at full?

Then he's banned, no omnipotent/unbeatable characters allowed in the Battle forum.

#6 Edited by Racob7 (3730 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2856 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Using the term He's a GOD means little in the universe of fiction. Thor is a God as is Sif but they would get owned by these lanterns. The only show of power from Amonkumun is that people who have been possed by him and Satan have claimed that he is stronger. But Satan is not equal to Lucifer Morningstar from DC. He has none of the multiversal feats that Lucifer does. If he can at full power equal the Presence than the only one who can beat him are people like PR Beyonder, TOAA, MoM, or Overmoniter. Besides people who have been possed claiming he is more powerful than satan and one day god (Which is not very reliable information) the only thing he has done is

Have an aura of fear and make people hear chants

Distort peoples vision

Binding Spirits of Humans

Posses people

And have people who are with him for hours die.

None of those will work on either Hal or Kyle in this state of power.

Each are Universal manipulators, Kyle has the embodiment of Will he will not be scared, Hal has the embodiemnt of fear he cant be scared, they are both reality warpers.

But here is one who solos.

Sun Wukongs his name,

God Stompings his game.

#8 Edited by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Living Tribunal

Ultra Sphinx

Thought robot Superman/Cosmic Superman

Phoenix Force

#9 Posted by Pope052 (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: I think Ghost Rider can take him quite easily.

The information that you provided about Amonukumun just makes him seem like a powerful being who can possess people's minds, and strike fear into them.

Ghost Rider is the Spirit of Vengeance who should be able to resist being possessed (as he is a spirit himself). He wouldn't show any fear and Amonukumun would be powerless...

#10 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah sun Wu kong

#11 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

My Team:

• The Living Tribunal
  • COIE Anti-Monitor
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • All of The Endless
  • Eternity and Infinity
  • Emperor Joker
  • And ZH Parrallax

OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Posted by The_Imperator (1709 posts) - - Show Bio

(going by only what Amonu has done)

God Emperor of Mankind stomps him.

#13 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Prime.

TOAA

Buddha

Lucifer Morningstar

The Presence

Just a bit of advice, when you're making a beat my character thread, you should make it someone balanced. Don't make almighty god characters because it's not as fun that way.

#14 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8131 posts) - - Show Bio

4 Celestialsapiens. GG

#15 Posted by XxGin (1237 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Wut?

#17 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

@racob7: I think Ghost Rider can take him quite easily.

The information that you provided about Amonukumun just makes him seem like a powerful being who can possess people's minds, and strike fear into them.

Ghost Rider is the Spirit of Vengeance who should be able to resist being possessed (as he is a spirit himself). He wouldn't show any fear and Amonukumun would be powerless...

This is pretty solid! I agree

#18 Edited by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider

Dr. Fate

Mr. Mxypltzk

Dr. Doom

Odin

Spectre

Constantine

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (12947 posts) - - Show Bio

So there's absolutely no limitations to this fight?

Oblivion stomps, Eternity stomps, Infinity stomps, The Living Tribunal stomps, etc.

Heck, from this information, somebody like Odin stomps.

#20 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people would destroy him from the information given.

#21 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: I think he said that his character is on Lucifer Morningstar's level but you are right about no rules?

Then someone could pick a character like TOAA which would be overkill.

#22 Posted by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shrike

The Fury

Both programmed(controlled) by the UI from the Hyperion Cantos.

Done and done.

If needs be, add Max Faraday.

#23 Edited by chris_t3258c0 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Trion Juggernaut

#24 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Son Goku

#25 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

#26 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

Winsome Witch.

"Ippity Pippity Pow, take away all your powers now!"

#27 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenshiro with ALL of the lantern rings.

#28 Posted by Racob7 (3730 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: I've only made the ultimate warrior against evil.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (12947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: I'm not sure where he compared Morningstar with his character, could you post that for me?

#31 Edited by SithLantern93 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

Delivers the vengeance of the true God to this pretender.

#32 Edited by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Barney.

#33 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Racob7 first comment on this thread said that "This guy is like Lucifer Morningstar and even the Pressence when he's at full power. He's a GOD"

But yea anyways I bet the Endless can kick this guys ass.

#34 Edited by ShootingNova (12947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: I don't see any of that in the OP. Wait, are you speaking about DC's Lucifer, or the Biblical?

#35 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: He was talking about DC's Lucifer.

Though he didn't say in the OP that his character was on Lucifer's level, he said that in the his first comment on this thread (AKA the second comment)

but regardless, as I said I bet the Endless can kick his character's ass.

#36 Edited by ShootingNova (12947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: Third comment.

However, Lucifer is far above anything this character has shown otherwise.

#37 Posted by Bossmonster (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU Amazo stomps.

#38 Edited by fiodestromus (695 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn Ghost Rider,Phantom Stranger,and John Constantine probably on a regular day.They are not really afraid of demons,The devil,(and speaking of spawn)or god