Luther is in character

Who'd win? For what reasons?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unless beast can show up to the fight with a plot device he is going to get creamed despite having a location advantage. He's sort of a jobber. If he can show up with a plot device then no comment since I am not an expert on beasts prepping abilities.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jashro44: back in Whedon's Astonishing X-men, a bloodlusted Beast went one on one with Wolverine, ended in a draw and Beast once took on Sabretooth in Aaron's Wolverine and The X-men

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: back in Whedon's Astonishing X-men, a bloodlusted Beast went one on one with Wolverine, ended in a draw and Beast once took on Sabretooth in Aaron's Wolverine and The X-men

Yea I have read the fight with wolverine in whedons run but he was also one shoted in enemy of the state. And sabre tooth had a fight with beast recently? Do you happen to have scans? I was unaware all though I don't think thats enough with the way Creed has been written recently....Sabretooth also beat beast in the 90's IIRC.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see Strode back! Everyone made a big fuss about him being depowered. I guess a character can only be good if you can use him in the battle forums *rolls eyes*

Edit: Oh this was 3 months ago lol

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By laflux

This bullsht about strode being depowered is not only childish but also over the top. Justin jordan said that part of the reason why strode dismembers foes like he can is because his meatvision allows him to see weak points in a persons body. So even if luther is 1 tonner as jordan said he is still channelling that strength into the weakest part of peoples body. If we take Jordans word for it Luther is around Cap America physically with hyper awareness that can increase his reaction further and enable him to attack weakpoints- with a wolverine level healing factor. Not to shabby but I guess some people wanted Strode to be the Mary Sue street leveler that could stand up to any big bad coporate mainstream characters that "dominate" the forums. If thats what people want go cheer on wildstorm midnighter

As for the battle beast should win due to prep. Extropolating from @god_spawn if beast has the ability to prep in his mansion to take down lizard then luther strode should be a few notches down in difficulty. No prep luther should win. A Bloodlusted cap took down beast before and even though beast now is morals off luther doesnt hold back in character and luther is above cap for the reasons i mentioned earlier.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: Based on location and prep, Beast should take this. Coupled with his higher stats, he can take down Strode. Mansion defenses ftw.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wrecks Strode :)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@laflux said:

This bullsht about strode being depowered is not only childish but also over the top. Justin jordan said that part of the reason why strode dismembers foes like he can is because his meatvision allows him to see weak points in a persons body. So even if luther is 1 tonner as jordan said he is still channelling that strength into the weakest part of peoples body. If we take Jordans word for it Luther is around Cap America physically with hyper awareness that can increase his reaction further and enable him to attack weakpoints- with a wolverine level healing factor. Not to shabby but I guess some people wanted Strode to be the Mary Sue street leveler that could stand up to any big bad coporate mainstream characters that "dominate" the forums. If thats what people want go cheer on wildstorm midnighter

As for the battle beast should win due to prep. Extropolating from @god_spawn if beast has the ability to prep in his mansion to take down lizard then luther strode should be a few notches down in difficulty. No prep luther should win. A Bloodlusted cap took down beast before and even though beast now is morals off luther doesnt hold back in character and luther is above cap for the reasons i mentioned earlier.

Despite being a Geist, I love you, bro.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laflux

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

8.2/10 :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

OUT OF CONTEXT SCAN!

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Strode

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

@wolverine08 said:

@laflux: Problem?

Your probably Trolling :P, but I still remember the response to Justin Jordan by some people here and it was really distasteful. I have no problem with causing mischief and being silly, but when you become plain insulting and rude without any humor or detachment from reality (Safe point saying showing your joking), then that's what crosses the line.

TBH, so what if Luther is not a Ten Tonner with Mach 3 movement speed? I loved how Luther's powers worked, and I loved the Art of Luther Strode, as well as the storytelling and gory violence. It was my favorite Comic of last year period- even supplanting Scarlet Spider. Ultimately it should be things like that determine whether you like a character, not who they can beat. The battle forums is ace, and of course it is nice to see your favorite character do well, but you have to be able to detach your personal feelings and give a honest opinion of who wins or loses. I am perfect? God No, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was before.

The most annoying thing about the whole debacle was how what Justin described makes Luther less formidable, but not by much, especially if your looking the battle forums. People just saw the word "Depowered", and lost their sh!t. If I was Justin Jordan, I would have made a one -shot crossover event where Luther Strode gets WTFSTOMPED by armless Tiger-Man, have it referenced in a future comic so it becomes cannon, and post a tweet saying I created this character and universe and I can do whatever the f^ck I want to him, just to piss people off.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Stop being serious! It kills the mood!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes with the way people act I think I'm one stupid post away from dropping all the jokes, start writing in Bold Italics and calling myself theacidlaflux.......

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Sometimes with the way people act I think I'm one stupid post away from dropping all the jokes, start writing in Bold Italics and calling myself theacidlaflux.......

Sometimes I think about calling you Laflux Capacitor.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Experio

Strode

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Sometimes I think about calling you Laflux Capacitor.

lol

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the Battle...A Bloodlusted and prepped Beast takes this

In a random encounter though he'd get skinned.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the Battle...A Bloodlusted and prepped Beast takes this

In a random encounter though he'd get skinned.

NOT THE BLUE FUR!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phillip

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I agree with everything you said. I'm going to C2E2 today so I'll try to talk to Jordan