• 91 results
#1 Posted by beastmanX (285 posts) - - Show Bio

i think lizard takes this one. what do you think?

#2 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

beastmanX says:

"i think lizard takes this one. what do you think?"

I'm inclined to agree.

#3 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

yep lizard

#4 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know i think I'm going to say beast. the lizard is a class 12 and now that the beast has further mutated he's closer to a class 30 (as stated in another thread) but most importantly he is a master at genetics and mutations i think in this battle that might play out, he might be able to revert the lizard to human form.

in lizards defence he hits beast with the that tail of his it could be enough to kill him.

lizard

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Lizard_%28Curtis_Connors%29

Beast

Post" />http://www.marvel.com/universe/Beast_%28Henry_McCoy%29

#5 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Do i even have to say? lol

#6 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"i don't know i think I'm going to say beast. the lizard is a class 12 and now that the beast has further mutated he's closer to a class 30 (as stated in another thread) but most importantly he is a master at genetics and mutations i think in this battle that might play out, he might be able to revert the lizard to human form. in lizards defence he hits beast with the that tail of his it could be enough to kill him. lizard http://www.marvel.com/universe/Lizard_%28Curtis_Connors%29 Beast
Post" />http://www.marvel.com/universe/Beast_%28Henry_McCoy%29

I'd say Beast too, but Lizard's tail is so fast it even catches Peter's and his feralty(?) can work to his advantage.

#7 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

plus lizard is highly resitant to pain and he can heal ingures fast

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"plus lizard is highly resitant to pain and he can heal ingures fast"

That's another thing that comes into play. I remember in Torment specifically that he fell on like, this mangled piece of metal that went strait through his torso and he healed really fast.

#9 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the lizard has gotten a recent power boost like just about everyone else. It wouldn't make any sense if they didn't because if ol' Liz stayed a class 12 while Spiderman vaulted to a class 25 then the Lizard would be one dead reptile.

#10 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but the lizard acts on instinct and beast is a genius. i think it would be possible for beast to move into an area or move the lizard into an area where the lizard can't use his tail.

with a little prep i think beast would have this battle hands down, with out i think he could be smart enough to know where and how to avoid the tail. But if it does hit him i think the tail will be enough to kill him.

#11 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"I think the lizard has gotten a recent power boost like just about everyone else. It wouldn't make any sense if they didn't because if ol' Liz stayed a class 12 while Spiderman vaulted to a class 25 then the Lizard would be one dead reptile. "

don't know that's what this page is putting at and that's the official site.

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"yeah but the lizard acts on instinct and beast is a genius. i think it would be possible for beast to move into an area or move the lizard into an area where the lizard can't use his tail. with a little prep i think beast would have this battle hands down, with out i think he could be smart enough to know where and how to avoid the tail. But if it does hit him i think the tail will be enough to kill him. "

Prep time, he can do it, easily. Location is dependent to. In a forest, or a wide open range, Lizard can pull it off. Even a city he might pull it off. There aren't many places Beast can take Lizard where he can't use his tail (He'll break everything anyway). Lizard's animal instinct is an advantage and he's not too dumb himself. He might figure out a trap and a way around it.

#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"I think the lizard has gotten a recent power boost like just about everyone else. It wouldn't make any sense if they didn't because if ol' Liz stayed a class 12 while Spiderman vaulted to a class 25 then the Lizard would be one dead reptile. "

don't know that's what this page is putting at and that's the official site.

" />http://www.marvel.com/universe/Lizard_%28Curtis_Connors%29"

Canon>Official. If it's said to be the *CANON Guide to Insert name of series here then it overrides the Official guide to Insert name of previous series here

#14 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah, this is pretty much Cryo vs. Me

#15 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea.

#17 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Good idea. "

coolllllllllllll

#18 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Hah, this is pretty much Cryo vs. Me"

Lol. You should use Lizard as an Avatar. I'll like you more. lol

#19 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Prep time, he can do it, easily. Location is dependent to. In a forest, or a wide open range, Lizard can pull it off. Even a city he might pull it off. There aren't many places Beast can take Lizard where he can't use his tail (He'll break everything anyway). Lizard's animal instinct is an advantage and he's not too dumb himself. He might figure out a trap and a way around it."

yeah i like this battle because its really a battle of factors. as the lizard swings his tail and it smashes through what ever object that's in its path its going to slow it down giving beast the time to react what he does with that time would be important and with his new mutation he would have enough strength to rip the tail off. the lizards regen powers arnt as fast as most the other healing factors in marvel and that could give beast the a slight advantage. but if he is off or moves in the wrong way and the tail grazes him enough to knock him over the lizard would be on top of him with his claws and his teeth.

i think this could go either way if there isn't prep.

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Prep time, he can do it, easily. Location is dependent to. In a forest, or a wide open range, Lizard can pull it off. Even a city he might pull it off. There aren't many places Beast can take Lizard where he can't use his tail (He'll break everything anyway). Lizard's animal instinct is an advantage and he's not too dumb himself. He might figure out a trap and a way around it."
yeah i like this battle because its really a battle of factors. as the lizard swings his tail and it smashes through what ever object that's in its path its going to slow it down giving beast the time to react what he does with that time would be important and with his new mutation he would have enough strength to rip the tail off. the lizards regen powers arnt as fast as most the other healing factors in marvel and that could give beast the a slight advantage. but if he is off or moves in the wrong way and the tail grazes him enough to knock him over the lizard would be on top of him with his claws and his teeth. i think this could go either way if there isn't prep. "

I don't think Beast his fast enough to grab it. Peter can't even grab and he has Spider-sense.

@Cassidy: Go ahead, use lizard.

#21 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

thar she blows

#22 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Beast."

Are you saying you like Cryo more than me

#23 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast.

#24 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

looking at the lizards page again he might have the upper hand with the pheromones he gives off that causes aggression, with that he could cloud beast's judgement.

#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is more agile, and has a tone of experience, not to mention he's a genius.

If the Lizard gives off pheromones that would make Beast more aggressive, I don't see how thats an advantage for the Lizard?

#26 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Beast is more agile, and has a tone of experience, not to mention he's a genius.If the Lizard gives off pheromones that would make Beast more aggressive, I don't see how thats an advantage for the Lizard?"

He would loose any ability to make a tactic or strategy.

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"King of Kings says:
"Beast is more agile, and has a tone of experience, not to mention he's a genius.If the Lizard gives off pheromones that would make Beast more aggressive, I don't see how thats an advantage for the Lizard?"

He would loose any ability to make a tactic or strategy."

So what? Is the Lizard some tactical genius? I've never seen it. Beast would become a Beast and things like pain, mercy, retreat, all those things would be out the window. Lizard would get torn to pieces.

#28 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

and it depends on how aggressive it makes beast for it to effect what he does and how he reacts.

#29 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

and it would be hard to hurt lizard especiall if beast is aggresive

#30 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"looking at the lizards page again he might have the upper hand with the pheromones he gives off that causes aggression, with that he could cloud beast's judgement. "

Whoa, when did Lizard give off aggression pheromones? I never read that before.

#31 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

also the lizard has like the same amount of agility (maybe less) of spiderman

#32 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"The Ion says:
"also the lizard has like the same amount of agility (maybe less) of spiderman"
And what, Beast is brick? "

no i'm just saying that cause when i first thought of the lizard i didn't think of agility so i wanted to say that

#33 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"acewasp23 says:
"looking at the lizards page again he might have the upper hand with the pheromones he gives off that causes aggression, with that he could cloud beast's judgement. "
Whoa, when did Lizard give off aggression pheromones? I never read that before."

that's what its saying at marvel under powers. they probably did it as an update because it says only recently he obtained them.

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"also the lizard has like the same amount of agility (maybe less) of spiderman"

And what, Beast is brick?

#35 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

In fact Beast is more agile then Spiderman.

#36 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard strikes with incredible speed and accuracy. His strength and virtual inability to feel pain makes him a formidable threat. I think he can take Beast, especially with his razor sharp claws.

#37 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"acewasp23 says:
Whoa, when did Lizard give off aggression pheromones? I never read that before."
that's what its saying at marvel under powers. they probably did it as an update because it says only recently he obtained them.
" />http://www.marvel.com/universe/Lizard_%28Curtis_Connors%29"

Last time I saw Lizard was in the "Feral" storyline. He didn't have pheromones in it. It was due to some crazy thing that Stegron brought back that caused every living thing to be primal: Feral again. The list goes as follows:

Dr. Connors and his son, Billy

John Jameson

Vermin

Felicia Hardy

Puma

Peter Parker

#38 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Lizard strikes with incredible speed and accuracy. His strength and virtual inability to feel pain makes him a formidable threat. I think he can take Beast, especially with his razor sharp claws."

Beast has Superhuman Strength, Speed, Agility, Endurance, and Dexterity, as well as razor claws and the ability to use his feet like hands and his toes like fingers. No way is the Lizard stronger or faster then Beast, let alone more experienced in combat.

#39 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

beast can lift above 12 tons?

#40 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Lizard strikes with incredible speed and accuracy. His strength and virtual inability to feel pain makes him a formidable threat. I think he can take Beast, especially with his razor sharp claws."
Beast has Superhuman Strength, Speed, Agility, Endurance, and Dexterity, as well as razor claws and the ability to use his feet like hands and his toes like fingers. No way is the Lizard stronger or faster then Beast, let alone more experienced in combat."
That extra appendage is useful. Lizard's tail is a deciding factor. He has been shown to think and use his scientific mind as well. He might even be able to out think McCoy. He has the abilities of *every* Lizard on earth, so he can camouflage into the environment and attack."

oh and he can control reptiles in a i mile radius so then a bunch of little lizard attack lol but if they were in a place like a swamp the crocs will help (not saying the crocs can beat him but distact him)

#41 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
Beast has Superhuman Strength, Speed, Agility, Endurance, and Dexterity, as well as razor claws and the ability to use his feet like hands and his toes like fingers. No way is the Lizard stronger or faster then Beast, let alone more experienced in combat."

That extra appendage is useful. Lizard's tail is a deciding factor. He has been shown to think and use his scientific mind as well. He might even be able to out think McCoy. He has the abilities of every Lizard on earth, so he can camouflage into the environment and attack.

#42 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
That extra appendage is useful. Lizard's tail is a deciding factor. He has been shown to think and use his scientific mind as well. He might even be able to out think McCoy. He has the abilities of *every* Lizard on earth, so he can camouflage into the environment and attack."
oh and he can control reptiles in a i mile radius so then a bunch of little lizard attack lol but if they were in a place like a swamp the crocs will help (not saying the crocs can beat him but distact him)"

I forgot about his control over other reptiles. If they're anywhere near say a Zoo, or in a forest, or the everglades than Beast doesn't stand a chance.

#43 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"beast can lift above 12 tons? "

Yes

@ EC. Those are good points, but I dont believe the Lizard is smarter then Hank McCoy, at least not enough to make a difference. As far as camouflage, Beast would be able to smell were he was, no matter if he were cloaked or in hiding.

#44 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Salamanders are amphibians not reptiles.

#45 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"The Ion says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
oh and he can control reptiles in a i mile radius so then a bunch of little lizard attack lol but if they were in a place like a swamp the crocs will help (not saying the crocs can beat him but distact him)"

I forgot about his control over other reptiles. If they're anywhere near say a Zoo, or in a forest, or the everglades than Beast doesn't stand a chance. "

Yeah, why not tie his hands behind his back an set the fight in the Everglades. Last time I saw, the Lizard lived in New York, an it wasn't near the Zoo. So while I'm sure the local salamander population would appreciate a work out, I don't see them doing anything.

#46 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Salamanders are amphibians not reptiles. "

LOL just had to point that out didn't you.

#47 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The Ion says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
I forgot about his control over other reptiles. If they're anywhere near say a Zoo, or in a forest, or the everglades than Beast doesn't stand a chance. "
Yeah, why not tie his hands behind his back an set the fight in the Everglades. Last time I saw, the Lizard lived in New York, an it wasn't near the Zoo. So while I'm sure the local salamander population would appreciate a work out, I don't see them doing anything."

Lol.

King of Kings says:

"The Ion says:
Yes @ EC. Those are good points, but I dont believe the Lizard is smarter then Hank McCoy, at least not enough to make a difference. As far as camouflage, Beast would be able to smell were he was, no matter if he were cloaked or in hiding."

I think he should be able to make a difference. I re-call Lizard making a serum to turn every human being in the world into a Lizard under his control. That was his first appearance. If anything, Lizard would figure out how to use chemicals in the surrounding area to his advantage but this requires preptime. Is Beast able to smell how Lizard's moving? Is he able to to smell his next attack? Who's to say smell won't come back and bite Hank on the a$$? Lizard's scientific mind should be able to confuse McCoy with smell.

#48 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"The Ion says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"King of Kings says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Yeah, why not tie his hands behind his back an set the fight in the Everglades. Last time I saw, the Lizard lived in New York, an it wasn't near the Zoo. So while I'm sure the local salamander population would appreciate a work out, I don't see them doing anything."
Lol. King of Kings says:
"The Ion says:
Yes @ EC. Those are good points, but I dont believe the Lizard is smarter then Hank McCoy, at least not enough to make a difference. As far as camouflage, Beast would be able to smell were he was, no matter if he were cloaked or in hiding."
I think he should be able to make a difference. I re-call Lizard making a serum to turn every human being in the world into a Lizard under his control. That was his first appearance. If anything, Lizard would figure out how to use chemicals in the surrounding area to his advantage but this requires preptime. Is Beast able to smell how Lizard's moving? Is he able to to smell his next attack? Who's to say smell won't come back and bite Hank on the a$$? Lizard's scientific mind should be able to confuse McCoy with smell."

yea cause isn't curt connners just as smart as hank

#49 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Dreadnaught says:

Thats all you have to offer from that entire post?"

Nah I just felt like correcting one of the most commonly made mistakes.

#50 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

Thats all you have to offer from that entire post?