#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is on Venom. Beast is wearing pants :).

Both looking to put the other down.

Battle here.

#2 Posted by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Bane is on the venom, the Beast is still too fast for Bane to hit, and has the physical strength to at least KO him..

#3 Posted by Veitha (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast, his teeth and claws can cut through robots

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane turns him into a fur rug.

#5 Edited by laflux (14225 posts) - - Show Bio

Rly?

#6 Posted by laflux (14225 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (38802 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Beast.

#8 Posted by GhostRavage (8393 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

Rly?

He just wanted to use the fur rug argument... He doesn't mean it... >:)

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

Rly?

I do mean it. On paper Beast should win. Off of paper, if it isn't Whedon's Beast, he's one of the most pathetic characters Marvel has.

#10 Edited by laflux (14225 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: He seems to have a strange hatred for Hank these days. I propose GS should be banned from Moderating all Beast Battle threads.......

#11 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

Rly?

I do mean it. On paper Beast should win. Off of paper, if it isn't Whedon's Beast, he's one of the most pathetic characters Marvel has.

I don't see anything about in the OP about it being Whedon's Beast specifically.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ghostravage said:

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

Rly?

I don't see anything about in the OP about it being Whedon's Beast specifically.

Why would I? Its simply Beast and all his feats that pertain to him as per normal Battle Rules.

#13 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Yeah, it's a pretty random assumption on GS's part.

#14 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Yeah, it's a pretty random assumption on GS's part.

Im not even sure what he means by it, I read most of Beast before he had fur :/

#15 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast wins.

He^s more agile, stronger and durable.

Z I J U U N

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I know. My point was Whedon wrote one of the best versions of Beast and actually made him live up to what he should be. On paper, the guy should be one of the most effective street levelers. His agility was said to be comparative to Spider-Man. He can lift 10-11 tons before his current mutation, which doesn't really have many feats anyway to suggest if he's gotten any better or worse. His claws and teeth are pretty nasty. He's spent quite a long time training with the X-Men and has received some training from Captain America, as well. On paper, he sounds like he should do a lot. Outside of just a few iterations, the majority of showings don't put Beast on the level he is said to be at. He is generally shown weaker, slower, less skilled, and so on.

#17 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I didn't think I would have to. I'll agree with the notion of Beast being more agile than Bane, but regarding New-52 Bane, I can't think of any feats to suggest Beast actually has a massive strength advantage outside of what his bio says or a few feats from decades ago when he was ripping steel (current Bane lept up to the top of a lighthouse and dented a good sized chunk of it just by punching it for comparison) and when Beast caused a fissure by slamming his fists on the ground like the Hulk. Granted Beast is supposed to be stronger since then or at least in the same ballpark of 10-11 tons, he hasn't shown much for it in just straight feats. Beast also has generally had poor luck when it comes skilled fighters that are statistically inferior than him to boot. Considering the island is rather smaller, I don't see his agility becoming a massive advantage when he could be doing things like bouncing around off of trees and it is made up for in Bane's leaping ability. I do think Beast has what it takes to best Bane and some parts of the island can help, but I don't see him taking a majority.

#19 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Well with that argument I would agree Bane wins.

Don't add that to your debate tally though, it doesn't count. :P

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I'm not. I probably came across this with people thinking it would be easy, but I don't think it will for either party.

#21 Posted by dondave (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#22 Edited by BatmanFan11 (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even a fair fight. Even with venom. Bane is only in the 2 ton range, while Beast is in the 10 ton range. So yeah......Beast slaughters poor Bane.

#23 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is fast and stronger. Bane might be a better fighter but it isn't gonna matter

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane, I think.

#25 Posted by Iragexcudder (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane cannot over power beast. Beast has had training from Captain America and completely outclasses Bane. He also has genius level intellect and and claws that would surely drain Banes venom. Bane wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

#26 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

beast is gonna win this. Id say beast is even stronger than bane

#27 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

beast easily

#28 Posted by ReviloIsFree (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Beast matches Bane strength level. However, Beast will have a way of beating him being very agile and smart and so on.

#29 Posted by Black_Claw (2909 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast. No Contest.