Batwoman vs Elektra

• 55 results
ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I searched the forum and I didnt see this matchup yet. Sorry if somebody has done it.

Morals on

Standard gear

Random encounter

Round 1 is Nighttime in New York City, Times Square.

Round 2 is Daytime at Gotham

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elektra barely

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

elektra slays batwoman... batwomans a lightweight

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Elektra ftw.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: Glad to see Batwoman getting some love! Unfortunately she doesn't have many good feats yet, so Elektra should win without too much trouble.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Current Batwoman with her DEO gear destroys Elektra. Too durable and her current toys make Bruce's look like wind-up dolls, and she's skillful enough that Elektra doesn't have a huge edge in that respect.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lady_liberty
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@joygirl said:

Current Batwoman with her DEO gear destroys Elektra. Too durable and her current toys make Bruce's look like wind-up dolls, and she's skillful enough that Elektra doesn't have a huge edge in that respect.

What sort of gear does she have?

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra. Stronger, faster, and better trained.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: this came from her page on comicvine

D.E.O. Upgrade

Thanks to her current affiliation with the Department of Extranormal Operations Kate has access to a variety of state of the art equipment that even surpasses her former military special operations grade gear. The most notable improvement seems to be in her costume. Drawing from the carbon nanotube design of her cape, Kate's next generation body armor is virtually impervious to gunfire, even from automated weapons.

Kate has also supplemented her non-lethal offensive capabilities with D.E.O. weapons. These include "taser gloves" salvaged from the Electrocutioner, a chemical cocktail of weapons grade tranquilizer and Scarecrow's "Fear Toxin", and a semi-sentient, voice operated, tracking dart made from an alien artificial intelligence with combat capabilities powerful enough to take out a magically enhanced Killer Croc.

There are.scans of her armor and her dart on the page as well. http://www.comicvine.com/batwoman/4005-9052/

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman

SpiritedAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra would take it most times, i would say 6-7 times out of ten. Bat woman does have a bunch of nifty toys, and is a fair hand to hand combatant;however, simply trying to rely on things such as "batwoman tazes her," or "batwoman uses knock out gas" isn't really all that fair. Elektra frequently goes up against enemies who employ such techniques and comes out on top.

On top of that, morals. Batwoman takes issue with killing in a big way most of the time. Elektra on the other hand might just as soon run her sai across bat womans neck as she would a butter knife against a fresh piece of toast in the morning.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx:

Thank you for that. I have to go read some Batwoman. Even with that gear I don't think she's in the same league as Elektra. I haven't read Kate's solo series but in the crossover, she had trouble with Batgirl.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

Read Batwoman #0 - Interlude, it shows how hard she is.

shes been a supporting character since like 05 or 06 she just now got her new title with the new 52, i hate it. i hate reading her or even looking at her. shes like a wanna be batgirl but older

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadowX

@jackbensley777: so your basing hoe her skills and fighting capabilities on the fact that you dont like her?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jackbensley777 said:

shes been a supporting character since like 05 or 06 she just now got her new title with the new 52, i hate it. i hate reading her or even looking at her. shes like a wanna be batgirl but older

She was the lead character in Detective Comics for 7 issues, and then 3 shared with Batman. Not quite her own series, but she wasn't a supporting character. But why would it matter if she was a supporting character?

It doesn't really matter if you don't like her.

Batgirls are some of Batmans main allies. Batwoman doesn't really work with the Bat-Family.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jackbensley777 said:

She was the lead character in Detective Comics for 7 issues, and then 3 shared with Batman. Not quite her own series, but she wasn't a supporting character. But why would it matter if she was a supporting character?

It doesn't really matter if you don't like her.

Batgirls are some of Batmans main allies. Batwoman doesn't really work with the Bat-Family.

ik sshe doesnt! thats why i hate her... she copied batman! and se doesnt even work with him? atleast batgirl works with him... batwoman made her first appearence in like 1953 detective 233 but she hasnt been in comics since then til like 2005-2006 i just hate her character...

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: I think she took the Bat symbol as to show the people that she was a hero. She doesn't actually like Batman, and that's understandable.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@jackbensley777: She uses the Bat-Symbol so that people would know she's a hero and not a villain. What does it matter if she doesn't work with him?

The Batwoman with her own series just now isn't the same character as the original one.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx:

Thank you for that. I have to go read some Batwoman. Even with that gear I don't think she's in the same league as Elektra. I haven't read Kate's solo series but in the crossover, she had trouble with Batgirl.

Which issue was that?

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jackbensley777

@jackbensley777:

She uses the Bat-Symbol so that people would know she's a hero and not a villain. What does it matter if she doesn't work with him?

The Batwoman with her own series just now isn't the same character as the original one.

why is she copying him? maybe if she doesnt want to be in THEIR family maybe she shouldnt use THEIR symblol? she is the most illegitimate hero their is in the dcu .

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@jackbensley777 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jackbensley777:

She uses the Bat-Symbol so that people would know she's a hero and not a villain. What does it matter if she doesn't work with him?

why is she copying him? maybe if she doesnt want to be in THEIR family maybe she shouldnt use THEIR symblol? she is the most illegitimate hero their is in the dcu .

It's just because it's a familiar symbol in Gotham. If people know that Batman is there to help them, they'll see the symbol and know she's there to help them too. And Batman hasn't told her not to use it, so he's obviously O.K. with it.

Illegitimate in what way?

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jackbensley777:

It's just because it's a familiar symbol in Gotham. If people know that Batman is there to help them, they'll see the symbol and know she's there to help them too. And Batman hasn't told her not to use it, so he's obviously O.K. with it.

Illegitimate in what way?

in the way that shes actually not part of the bat family

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: So what? You don't need to be in the Bat-Family to fight crime in Gotham.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: So what? You don't need to be in the Bat-Family to fight crime in Gotham.

YOU NEED TO BE IN THE BAT FAMILY TO WEAR THE BAT SIGNAL! TO WEAR THEIR SIGNAL YOU NEED TO BE IN THE BAT FAMILY! THEIRS PEOPLE IN THAT FAMILY WHO DONT WEAR THE SIGNAL? why in the hell should she?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

YOU NEED TO BE IN THE BAT FAMILY TO WEAR THE BAT SIGNAL! TO WEAR THEIR SIGNAL YOU NEED TO BE IN THE BAT FAMILY! THEIRS PEOPLE IN THAT FAMILY WHO DONT WEAR THE SIGNAL? why in the hell should she?

Batman hasn't told her to stop using it, so you obviously can wear it without being in the family.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Hey, you're getting waaaay too heated for this. Calm down.

So what if she's not exactly a part of the Bat-Family? Batman doesn't have a problem with her wearing the symbol. It's good to see someone get up and fight crime and not depend on others to save them.

Your argument is like saying Alan Scott doesn't deserve the ring, because he's not a part of the Green Lantern Corps.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jackbensley777

@jackbensley777 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

So what if she's not exactly a part of the Bat-Family? Batman doesn't have a problem with her wearing the symbol. It's good to see someone get up and fight crime and not depend on others to save them.

Your argument is like saying Alan Scott doesn't deserve the ring, because he's not a part of the Green Lantern Corps.

alan scott was the first lantern to appear in comics and hes in earth 2 it doesnt really matter, but batwoman isnt worthy

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242 said:

@jackbensley777 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

alan scott was the first lantern to appear in comics and hes in earth 2 it doesnt really matter, but batwoman isnt worthy

How is she not worthy if Batman himself saw it and actually worked with her a few times?

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she doesnt even have good enough training to be a super heroine? she got kicked out of the military she had basic military training. she doesnt work with the batfamily she just uses their signal. batman doesnt work with her

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

i didnt read the issue but seems to me they dont get along eityher

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

she doesnt even have good enough training to be a super heroine? she got kicked out of the military she had basic military training. she doesnt work with the batfamily she just uses their signal. batman doesnt work with her

You're obviously not familiar with her backstory. Give me a moment and I'll type out some quotes about her training after she left the military.

No Caption Provided

She fought(and beat) Batgirl when Batgirl was defending someone that Batwoman was investigating. It was nothing personal.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: Right, for a start, in her military career she was a cadet captain, top of her class, and brigade XO(Executive Officer), so she must have displayed good military skills, probably including combat, leadership, intelligence etc. She was also senior elite in gymnastics.

She was actually a vigilante crime-fighter before her hard training, but I don't have too much information on that.

Anyway, there are quotes from Kate in Batwoman #0: Interlude.

It's easy to imagine I left Gotham as Kate Kane, and came back as Batwoman. But that's oversimplifying it all. To this day, I wonder if you knew exactly where you were sending me, what they would do.

Your "Murder Of Crows" you called them. The men you worked alongside for years, doing god knows what in every hell-hole around the globe. You trusted them with your life, so why not mine? But more than once, I questioned whether or not they had gone off the reservation.

The first two years were an adventure, leaping across buildings in Tokyo, ripping along a Swiss mountain-side in a glider suit, weaving through London traffic at a hundred miles an hour on a motor-cycle.But those last twelve months were the hardest lessons, and they nearly killed me. I had left Gotham thinking that I had already suffered so much, that I knew pain, but I didn't know anything...

In a torture chamber beneath Paris, I had all that ignorance stripped away. I learned what it felt like to run thirty-six miles with four broken ribs and lungs burned by tear gas, to climb six stories with a dislocated arm and a ruptured achilles, to endure seven days of nonstop electro-interrogation and sleep deprivation and water boarding.

I left Gotham thinking I knew how to hold my own in a fight. In a boxing ring in Serbia, I had that overconfidence beaten out of me. I learned how to fight with a concussion, blind and deaf, even standing in a puddle of my own blood. I left Gotham a soldier, believing I knew how to survive.

And then I crossed the Sahara on foot, living off insects and snakes and a teaspoon of morning dew. I left Gotham believing I knew depravity, as if watching the nightly news or trolling true crime blogs could somehow tell me all I need to know about inhumanity.

And then I spent two weeks in a basement in Prague, surrounded by crime scene photos, listening to audio tapes of kidnapped runaways being tortured by psychopaths who slipped through the system again and again, watching web cam footage that no one will admit exists, directed and starring a half dozen serial killers and their victims...

And she's also had medical training in Africa, and explosives disarming training in Belfast

So "a lightweight"? "she doesnt even have good enough training to be a super heroine"? "she had basic military training"?

I think you're mistaken.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That doesn't necessarily mean they don't like each other.

Dick and Barbara like each other.... and look:

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cfrehse

@shadowx id say elektra is a better fighter and she has superhuman feats since her Resurrection. I say barely cause batwoman does have some great gadgets and gear.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Jack posted the issue I was referencing. I checked it again and I misspoke. Batwoman attacks. Batgirl doesn't fight back and stops it after Kate lands a good shot to the nose. Nothing there to really gauge their skill against each other.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: I have that issue. Yeah, probably not enough to compare skills properly.

An idea what kind of training Batgirl has had?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

I don't remember them explaining specifically. I imagine some time with Batman though. From her series it seems like she's a very analytical fighter. She knew what Kate was doing while she was attacking. I wish they'd explore that but whattaya gonna do right.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: I was about to suggest that they'll maybe explain it in her Zero Year tie-in issues, but they take place at the same time as the main story, so she probably won't be shown with Batman. I don't think anyway. Maybe there'll be an in-depth summing up eventually.

I'd just wondered as Batwomans training has been explained in detail, and it would have been interesting to compare.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfrehse: hmm thanks.. what kind of level of super human?

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokeysteve

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Batwoman's training in the New 52 has been explained? I have almost her entire N52 series and just haven't read it yet.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@pokeysteve: Yeah, it was described in the second #0: Interlude.

I typed out some quotes from it in a comment in this thread if you want a look.

Psy_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra FTW. Shes a more decent fighter than Batwoman. Her stealth and agility gave her an edge.

1. Elektra

2. Elektra or Batwoman