Batwing vs Deadpool

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Unpopulated. Vehicles are stationary and abandoned.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Random encounter (begin 30 feet apart).

-Standard gear.

-In character.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Thought this could prove interesting after the upgrades/new tech Batwing showcased in issue 9.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Knew I shoulda kept reading Batwing.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123: What issue did you stop at?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

@k4tzm4n: #2. Budget reasons.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123: Ah. Well, his latest display had the following:

• Armor that could definitely withstand Deadpool's katanas.
  • Powerful tranqs.
  • Explosive rounds intended to destroy locks, but he used it to blow off a Talon's arms.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mavfan626
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

@k4tzm4n said:

@InnerVenom123: Ah. Well, his latest display had the following:

• Armor that could definitely withstand Deadpool's katanas.
  • Powerful tranqs.
  • Explosive rounds intended to destroy locks, but he used it to blow off a Talon's arms.

@mavfan626 said:

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By notquitevarsity

I'm not sure Batwing has anything to stop Deadpool with his healing factor. Plus his dumb mask won't protect him from a headshot, which DP is totally capable of.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HumanNumber

@notquitevarsity said:

I'm not sure Batwing has anything to stop Deadpool with his healing factor. Plus his dumb mask won't protect him from a headshot, which DP is totally capable of.

Knocking him out will suffice.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@notquitevarsity said:

Blow his arms? after his latest showing it seems that he can stop someone with a healing factor.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: @notquitevarsity: Yup, and it looks like those tranqs would work well, too.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime

Batwing by superior technique and his signiture taser

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Lantern Prime: He definitely has superior tech, but I think Deadpool's agility will give him trouble.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'm thinking Batwing can win this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik

@InnerVenom123 said:

Knew I shoulda kept reading Batwing.

I feel the same way. I stopped at issue 5 but not because of money. Mostly because DC has been making me nerdsad. Poor decision when I genuinely liked Batwing.

@k4tzm4n:

I have at this point, about half his appearances read and I honestly do not think Batwing can take a well written Deadpool. Maybe the clown but I have my reservations about Batwing beating the mercenary.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Erik: Hopefully someone can present scans from Batwing 9. That fight is what made me wonder how he'd fare against Wade.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: Hopefully someone can present scans from Batwing 9. That fight is what made me wonder how he'd fare against Wade.

I have the issue but I just have not read it in a while. I shall find this so-called master showing and post it here.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Erik: Not saying it's a a high end showing or anything; just saying the tech he now has would make this very interesting.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime

@k4tzm4n:

He will and that teleportation device as well...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: Not saying it's a a high end showing or anything; just saying the tech he now has would make this very interesting.

I do not know either way. I just was trying to throw a scare into you because I am mighty.

Behold! Shower me with adoration!!! Also, this would not have taken so long if CV was not being so slow on all three of the browsers I use right now. RUN SOME MAINTENANCE CV!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By ReVamp

The end of the very last scan is the best part of the issue.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n: And I don't think that the there was any upgrade in terms of durability, in fact he explicitly says he doesn't want anymore strength in the suit because it would impede his maneuverability.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: Upgrades as in apparent weapons he used, for example, the tranqs he said he decided to install after facing Massacre. It was awesome to see his armor hold up to those blades, though, so they should be fine with the katanas (in better protected areas, of course)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp: Upgrades as in apparent weapons he used, for example, the tranqs he said he decided to install after facing Massacre. It was awesome to see his armor hold up to those blades, though, so they should be fine with the katanas (in better protected areas, of course)

I don't think that's actually accurate. Assuming that we're on the same page of the armor being the same all through the series, then I'd wager that Wade can stab through the armor, in the very least. This would be due to the fact that the armor has already been stabbed by Massacre's machetes, in what was a heavily protected part of the armor. The Talon's weapon on the other hand is unique, so there's nothing to point that its got the same qualities as a blade would have, so it would be more precise to compare Wade's Katanas with the Machetes than the random ass blade that the Talon has. As for the tranqs, they didn't phase the Talon, so I don't see why they would do anything to Wade, especially since Wade has more feats to back himself up than Talon and lastly, I doubt Wade would get tagged by the missiles at long range as he's more agile than the Talon (who's relatively featless) and Batwing wouldn't use that in CQB as its relatively suicidal. All in all, I don't see anything in favor for Batwing, who doesn't even seem to have any notable skill feats.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp:

• My point was it should suffice in holding up to some degree of attacks. Talon's blade had no gripe going clean through the body guard and slicing others apart with ease, yet Batwing's chest piece appeared perfectly fine after sound effect captions which implied at least 5 strikes (presumably all slashes).
  • The tranqs did work, he simply regenerated. He was temporarily incapacitated, albeit for a short period of time. I imagine it would have the same impact on Wade, presuming he can land the tranqs.
  • Tagging Talon with the explosives wasn't a note-worthy feat at all. Bringing that up was never to imply or create an argument in favor of David being able to tag Deadpool with them. I just brought it up because if he can properly utilize the weapon it could prove critical in his favor. Talon was standing in place while holding a hostage, so blowing off his arms wasn't anything to write home about-- it was just the fact he displayed that and the other new resource at his disposal. That said, the rest is pretty decent since the captions imply this guy was moving in a manner similar to Nightwing. Obviously there's no way we can determine this Talon's level of skill, but it was nice to see David pull a somewhat talented counter against his arm.
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

deadpool would win just for the fact he would just keep on talking

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp:

This would be due to the fact that the armor has already been stabbed by Massacre's machetes, in what was a heavily protected part of the armor.

Also, forgive my poopy memory, but what example are you talking about? I only recall this (and shortly after he stabs through his wings):

I also remember Batwing's armor holding up to two slashes from Massacre (during the issue with Thunderfall), but no stabs. Am I forgetting an example?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n: I'm talking about the first issue, he gets stabbed through the best? Or is that Massacre? Maybe I'm wrong.

1. Some degree of attack by a small weapon that isn't comparable to a sword.
  2. Yes, that was my point. The time it too was about a couple of seconds at best.
  3. Yeah I see that. But he wasn't paying attention/looking.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: David doesn't have his armor on when he's stabbed through the chest, silly.

1. But it still proves it can hold up to a bladed weapon well, and that bladed weapon had no trouble plunging clean through a large man's chest (the body guard). I think it's more than fair to assume it can withstand some degree of cutting damage from the katana...unless Deadpool got some new adamantium katanas or an m-blade ;)
  2. Gotcha. Well, I'm not taking a side in the debate, only bringing up points for discussion.
  3. Like I said, nothing was impressive about the explosive shot except for "holy sh*t, he technically has explosives."
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erik

Deadpool stomps. Batwing will get hurt, then bleed out whining about how he is a bad person and has to keep trying no matter what.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Ferro Vida said:

I'm thinking Batwing can win this.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I knew that... Just checking your memory.

Fair enough.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Harddrivexxii

Deadpool takes this after a tough fight - tranqs don't work well on anyone with a healing factor. Teleporter and grenades would be a lethal combo. How tough is Batwings armor? Could he tank several explosions?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I knew that... Just checking your memory.

Fair enough.

lol.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeanroygrant

Deadpool.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, now we know Batwing's costume has a sonic attack, incendiary projectiles, and prefers to use flight in combat.

Massacre is in dire need of an upgrade if he comes back...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nefarious

Batwing will be hard-pressed trying to keep Wade down due to his durability. Also, Batwing is inexperienced, too.  

Wade should win, eventually.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Batwing in a battle, but even with his upgraded tech and tranquilizer darts, it will still be extremely difficult. Deadpool is actually very agile and is very capable of dodging Batwing's attacks, although Deadpool cannot really do anything to Batwing in this situation. (unless grenades will harm Batwing)

In a duel to the death, however, Deadpool wins by default via advanced healing factor. (unless you take his healing factor out and then Batwing should win again)

I'd say Batwing wins 5.5/10, but the battles will be very difficult. The deciding factor was that Batwing, I am inferring, has a very tough armor that will block even grenades or rocket launchers. Deadpool has no armor at all but has a healing factor, but can still be knocked out If Batwing's armor isn't as tough as I think and can be penetrated via grenades and rocket launchers (or even guns) than Deadpool takes the win.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By e3zombie

@InnerVenom123: Download form TPB??

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Nefarious said:

Batwing will be hard-pressed trying to keep Wade down due to his durability. Also, Batwing is inexperienced, too. Wade should win, eventually.

Yup, the healing factor is definitely a big obstacle.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Batwing, in a moment of desperation, swoops down by a lone hot dog vendor, grabbing the one thing that could save him. He grabs the hot dog and smacks Wade with it for the KO.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

Batwing, in a moment of desperation, swoops down by a lone hot dog vendor, grabbing the one thing that could save him. He grabs the hot dog and smacks Wade with it for the KO.

He did recently say he thrives on adapting to his environment... Sooo, that's a possibility :P

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@god_spawn said:

lol this

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nefarious
@k4tzm4n: Yep, it seems his healing-factor is almost always a big obstacle for some of his opponents. 
Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwing