#1 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't we have repeat battles? Some of us haven't been here that long and might want to discuss it. If you have seen the battle, can't you just ignore it instead of locking all of them? Sooner or later most battles that make since will have been done. We will just get into battles that don't make sense.....

#2 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

i understand the concept....it's not like we are running out of room here..... why can't we have a new thread?

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't you keep all posts pertaining to a battle in the same thread?

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

just find the original thread and post there instead of making a new one.

#5 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just saying if a noob (as ya'll like to call them) posts one without looking for the old thread, why can't the people who want to talk about it use the new thread....instead of locking it and killing the conversion. I've haven't seen every battle ever, like some of ya'll. I might want to talk about one that someone reposted......with fresh opinions instead of reading 200 pages of someone else's.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"I'm just saying if a noob (as ya'll like to call them)"

no, those are newbies except if it's proven the opposite

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

even if is in the old thread you dont have to go back and read the old posts. having everyone post in the old thread isn't going to keep you from reading fresh opinions.

i like having one storm vs thor instead of having 15 of them.

#8 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Hawk says:
"I'm just saying if a noob (as ya'll like to call them)"
no, those are newbies except if it's proven the opposite"

yeah I'm a newbie......I post stuff that got posted 9 months ago....like I know that someone posted it before.

#9 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

but you can ignore that posting.... I might like to join it on it.....when only newbies might want to responsed. But if it's locked it kills the new discussion.....no one goes and looks up the old thread to say "Hey here it is again."

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"I'm just saying if a noob (as ya'll like to call them) posts one without looking for the old thread, why can't the people who want to talk about it use the new thread....instead of locking it and killing the conversion. I've haven't seen every battle ever, like some of ya'll. I might want to talk about one that someone reposted......with fresh opinions instead of reading 200 pages of someone else's."

If someone posts a fight it's because they want to know who'll win, right? If so, why would sending them to the page where the fight has already been discussed (since there is usually, if not always, a link to the original thread at the end when a dupe is locked) be a bad thing? If they go to the thread they can usually see their question answered. And what if more people come on later and also want to know who will win? If everything is in one thread they can easily read it all, but if one fight is in 5 different places they probably won't see all of it. If you personally don't want to read the old stuff then just skip to the end. It's simple enough.

#11 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Hawk says:
"I'm just saying if a noob (as ya'll like to call them) posts one without looking for the old thread, why can't the people who want to talk about it use the new thread....instead of locking it and killing the conversion. I've haven't seen every battle ever, like some of ya'll. I might want to talk about one that someone reposted......with fresh opinions instead of reading 200 pages of someone else's."
If someone posts a fight it's because they want to know who'll win, right? If so, why would sending them to the page where the fight has already been discussed (since there is usually, if not always, a link to the original thread at the end when a dupe is locked) be a bad thing? If they go to the thread they can usually see their question answered. And what if more people come on later and also want to know who will win? If everything is in one thread they can easily read it all, but if one fight is in 5 different places they probably won't see all of it. If you personally don't want to read the old stuff then just skip to the end. It's simple enough. "

I understand this thread isn't going to change anything but.....I just want to argue about who would win.... I'm not gonna post on a thread, that has everything that could ever been said about it, already said. I want in on the arguement not just read about it..... I don't know just think before locking super-fast.....

#12 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Tong Fa says:

"Hawk says:
"Buckshot says:
"Hawk says:
If someone posts a fight it's because they want to know who'll win, right? If so, why would sending them to the page where the fight has already been discussed (since there is usually, if not always, a link to the original thread at the end when a dupe is locked) be a bad thing? If they go to the thread they can usually see their question answered. And what if more people come on later and also want to know who will win? If everything is in one thread they can easily read it all, but if one fight is in 5 different places they probably won't see all of it. If you personally don't want to read the old stuff then just skip to the end. It's simple enough. "
I understand this thread isn't going to change anything but.....I just want to argue about who would win.... I'm not gonna post on a thread, that has everything that could ever been said about it, already said. I want in on the arguement not just read about it..... I don't know just think before locking super-fast..... "
If everything is already said, then why is there a need for a second one? Wouldn't you be repeating the thread if everything has been said?
Post Edited:2008-01-14 01:05:20"

cause the new people haven't talked about it. We would rather discuss it than read it.

#13 Posted by Tong Fa (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Buckshot says:
"Hawk says:
I understand this thread isn't going to change anything but.....I just want to argue about who would win.... I'm not gonna post on a thread, that has everything that could ever been said about it, already said. I want in on the arguement not just read about it..... I don't know just think before locking super-fast..... "
If everything is already said, then why is there a need for a second one? Wouldn't you be repeating the thread if everything has been said?
Post Edited:2008-01-14 01:05:20
#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Tong Fa says:
"Hawk says:
"Buckshot says:
"Hawk says:
cause the new people haven't talked about it. We would rather discuss it than read it. "

and you just couldnt possibly discuss it in a thread that's already been created...

#15 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Hawk says:
"Tong Fa says:
"Hawk says:
"Buckshot says:
"Hawk says:
cause the new people haven't talked about it. We would rather discuss it than read it. "
and you just couldnt possibly discuss it in a thread that's already been created..."

ok sure.... that's not the point. I'm done. Maybe I'm just new. And it doesn't matter cause if I don't look up a thread it will get locked anyways.....surprised this one isn't locked yet.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"surprised this one isn't locked yet."

It's not a repeat.

#17 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Hawk says:
"surprised this one isn't locked yet. "
It's not a repeat."

I am orignial

#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that a fight thats been done before should be directed to the old thread containing it. People can read and see if what they wanted is there, and if not add to it.

But saying that you then have to deal with the.....not so pleasant people here who then yell at the newbs for bringing up an old thread. So it's kinda like pick your poison. In the end just ignore those people and continue with your discussion in the orignal thread.

I would like it if there was a way we could direct them to the old thread before locking it on them out of the blue, or at least give them a heads up that it will be locked soon and they need to find the old one.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree unless this website gets a box where u type in sh!t and it brings up all the forums with that tile that would solve this problem but unless they get one i think we should be able to repeat anything we want so we aint got to search for so long

#21 Posted by Ring Blade (12 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"i agree unless this website gets a box where u type in sh!t and it brings up all the forums with that tile that would solve this problem but unless they get one i think we should be able to repeat anything we want so we aint got to search for so long"
Thats a good idea.
#22 Posted by G-Man (37623 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been mentioned that a forum search will be in place when the new version rolls out. Also there is a re-cap thread pinned in the battle forum. There just isn't really a need to have five different threads dealing with the same thing. As was mentioned, something could be mentioned in one and missed if it's posted in one thread and not another.

Staff
#23 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey look it's new people