Battle Scenario: Superman (Post-Crisis) VS Mjolnir (Thor)

EdgeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Before you carry on reading, please note that I do not know all there is about Superman or Thor. That said, please do pardon me if I make any errors regarding either character, or if I forget to mention any piece of information. Also, English is not my primary spoken language and thus I beg your pardon for any forms of linguistic errors. Thank you :D

Prologue:

The night was young. The air was still.

On one end of the plateau stood the very Man of Steel himself. Superman. The Kryptonian took a deep breath as he slowly poised himself in a fighting stance, ready for his opponent.

On the other end stood the God of Thunder. Thor. Fist in one hand, Mjolnir in the other, he let out a thunderous battle cry. He brandished the hammer, and the mythical piece of Asgardian metal summoned streaks of cyan lightning before its master.

The battle was set. Superman against the mighty Thor. Simultaneously, both superheroes charged ferociously at each other, but it was Superman who struck first. A crimson beam fired out of the Man of Steel's eyes. It would have hit Thor smack in the middle of the forehead had he not so easily avoided it.

"Thou art a fool to challenge the God of Thunder, thyself!" Thor smiled as he said, as he threw a punch straight into Superman's chest. The Man of Steel easily shrugged off the blow, barely flinching. A look of astonishment could be seen on Thor's face. "We don't have to do this Thor. It's not worth it!"

"It's too late to turn back now, Superman! One of us shall fall tonight!" The now wrathful Thor dropped his mighty weapon as he flung himself into the blue clad Kryptonian. With a loud battle cry he threw multiple punches at Superman, each to no avail. Superman sighed as he slammed his fist into Thor, sending him flying into outer space. The Mighty Thor had once again underestimated his opponent.

He had to end the fight quickly. He was running out of time. With a small thrust, Superman was flying straight at Thor, one hand extended, the other level with his chest. In a moment of panic, the God of Thunder summoned Mjolnir from where he had left it on Earth and flung it at Superman. A majestic shockwave was formed as both hammer and man collided.Both were sent crashing into the moon, and the hammer had landed on Superman.

It was Thor's turn. Seeing his opponent unable to recover, he sent bolts of magical lightning straight at the Man of Steel. "Impossible! Why can't I lift this? Ugh, I can't phase through this either..." In this decisive moment, Superman saw the lightning right in front of him.

A huge explosion. "Have I done it?" thought Thor. He could no longer see Superman, only his hammer and debris from the crash site.

Superman was very much alive. Yet again he had done the impossible. Instead of phasing forward through the hammer, he phased backward, through the entire moon, completely avoiding the catastrophe the bolts of lightning would have brought upon him, and put himself in front of the sun! Thor was done for! Or so he thought...

~THIS IS WHERE THE QUESTION COMES IN~

As we all know, Superman is strong enough to move planets. Take Earth, for example. Earth weighs 5973600000000000000000000 kg. The mass of Earth's moon is a mere fraction of its own mass. That said, Superman could easily move the moon. In the story above, he could have simple pushed the entire moon right into Thor. The thing is that Mjolnir is on the opposite side of the moon. Moving the entire moon would also mean moving Mjolnir, which I wouldn't say is impossible for Superman. This is because there's a world of difference between moving Mjolnir and wielding Mjolnir as a weapon. The enchantment on Mjolnir requires one to be worthy before one may wield it. But the strongest of characters have also been able to move it as an object, but seldom has anyone other than Thor been able to wield it as a personal weapon. However, the enchantment on Mjolnir latches it towards the strongest gravitational source in it's proximity. Simple speaking, when dropped, Mjolnir falls downwards. But downwards, as known to humans, is simply the direction that points towards the center of the Earth. There is no "downwards" in space, but it exists on the moon. Remember, it should be possible that Mjolnir can be moved if the object it rests on is moved together with it (The Earth can still rotate while Mjolnir is on the ground). So now lets say Superman takes Mjolnir by its handle and tries to swing the entire moon like a giant bola, or at least hold it like a giant lolipop. Is he able to do it? What are your views?